Forget Mick McCarthy - The Wolves success

Iv nearly finished my 1st season with wolves, im 9th as you can see only 4pts off 7th tho :p
I used rigid and played 4-4-2 against most teams (4-1-4-1 against top 5 which worked amazingly well :p)

Again, Arsenal to make Wolves pay for bad mistakes. 2 negative milestones; 1st league defeat of the season, and 1st game without scoring.
A very good first-half, injury time Kevin Doyle misses an open goal shooting in the side net, when Almunia was asleep on the ground. Some players are really putting themselves as prime suspects for transfer list, and top of the list is Jarvis, after his backpass straight to Eduardo, 1-0. Took him off immediately and transfer list too, as he left me wondering if his decison making is out of date. He's been crying to the press he wants to play, and when given his chance, he does this!!
I'm really suspicious about him, as he was involved in a betting scam in the Far-East, with the previous Mick McCarthy regime in charge. I invited him to work upstairs in a customer service phone center selling hot cakes, but he is having none of that, so now he knows he will not even warm the bench in the reserves.

Now, Liverpool!!
Well the score line says it all.
A hat-trick from Cabanas, and now it's official, I hate the guy, I mean I would love to see this guy miss a chance, but no thank's, I think his brain is wired with some kind of a GPS laser locked on scoring. 12 games played, 3rd position, 3 points behind Chelsea, top goalscorer in Cabanas, and top scoring team. Brilliant!!

That Liverpool result is insane, you should consider uploading your tactic unless you change it a lot

That Liverpool result is insane, you should consider uploading your tactic unless you change it a lot
Can you believe it, only now I realise the extent of this result against Liverpool, because once we get into this mojo of scoring and winning in style, I'm not worried about opposition. For us is a case of " Neeeexxxt, I've got milk baby!!"

Last edited:
can you put your tactics up i swear to god i you could be the next JP woody

can you put your tactics up i swear to god i you could be the next JP woody
C'mon Gabon, my tactics are well beyond any of this guys. I've got another on the tactics section that I used with Hull FM2009, champion 1st season.

Which team do you play with?

bolton wanderers at the moment as my brother is visiting, usually southampton but i dont need help with them im good, 2nd season in league 1 and im top

The Wolves bandwagon just keeps rolling. The critics will have to eat their hats, as we are dead certain primary candidates for relegation. Oooii Jeff, you and your gang of jokers just keep chatting **** in Gillette Soccer Saturday, because football for you lot is like atomic science. You don't have a clue!!

Last result:
Wolverhampton Wanderers 5 - 3 West Ham United

Both teams served up a game to remember as Wolverhampton Wanderers came out on top in this 5 - 3 goal-fest.

One pundit commented that this match should be taped and shown to any doubters of the beautiful game. The game will be remembered for a remarkable display of goalscoring from Wolves' Salvador Cabañas.
Salvador Cabañas was named man of the match after putting in a performance of the highest quality in Wolves' 5 - 3 English Premier Division victory over West Ham this afternoon.

The West Ham United defence could not cope with Cabañas' finishing, as he bagged four goals for Wolves.

Another solid, update, lets pray Cabanas doesn't get injured

Touch wood, you are doing very well my friend

Following Wolves' 5 - 3 English Premier Division victory over West Ham, the media have fallen over themselves to heap praise on the continued brilliance of Wolves striker Salvador Cabañas.

One respected journalist commented that you could take a video of Cabañas' performances and show it to any young kid and say 'that's how to play'.

Nexxxt I've got milk baby!!

Thanks Jack, that would be a massive blow, although I play with 3 strikers, Cabanas doesn't allow anyone else to score. I've got 2 other strikers learning from him, an 19 year old Uruguai and 20 year Brazilian, very promising, but not the finished article yet. I'm not sure though if the likes of Ebanks-Blake, Doyle ,Smolarek, Paulo Enrique and Santiago Garcia can come up with that level of killer instinct.

LOOOL Gabon Tiger, I have to say this FM2010 have taken me back to the days of CM, when I used to kick *** with West Ham, same style as Wolves now, playing 2 very young teen-agers that nobody had even heard of them: Joe Cole and Kaka. Even now, when watching football my mates joke saying" this is the man who discovered Joe Cole and Kaka" :$

Jeez louise, how is this guy doing so well?! You must be some kind of sorcerer...
Enema of the state, here is my guide "How to lay the foundations" of successfully managing a bottom team!!

I know some people may be wondering how, well, there's one thing I'm uncompromising with, is my style of football.
Here is my philosophy; None of this long and direct ball rubbish, we respect the supporters who pay to watch us and expect entertainment, passing, and flowing attacking football. So, to achieve this there are a few things I expect from players that want to play in my team. Players with less than 10 in passing and with little chance of improving are top candidates for transfer list. No technique, anticipation, determination or composure as well, and they are queueing towards the door.
If you can't pass, you can't play!!

Most people hate the 1st transfer window , but I take my time looking at the squad carefully and checking who to sell and keep, depending of few critical stats as I said before, and if they will fit my tactic. The way I play and tactic used, keeping possession, passing ,attacking, off the ball runners, dictates who will be needed to fill some pivotal roles.
My squad consists of 22 players and 3 GK, mostly 2 players each position, and usually 5 players that can play different roles.
I don't play to my team's strength as a lot of people do, because it is a sword of two edges, and you can't try to win games only with your team's strength, because football is dynamic, constantly changing in 90 mnts, so you will need plan B, and when you need plan B, means you are in trouble. So the first thing is to dominate through possession and controlling the tempo.
Second, work through the backbone of the team; good GK playing at sweeper when attacking, at least 3 good CB, 2 good all round CM or DM and 1 Striker, I spent my whole budget(4 M) in 1 striker, excellent finisher and good in the air , but then I had to be ruthless if we were to survive, so I sold 17 players and brought in 16, the most expensive being striker 4 m and attacking midfield 1.5 million, the rest averaging 500 K or for free.

With this in mind, your strategy is half way to succeed. The other half, and this is the 64 million dollar question, is which tactic to use?
Be brave, don't be scared of any team, don't change tactics home or away, as some players will struggle to adapt so quickly, and be positive. Hate to see some guys with top teams playing 4-5-1. You are just inviting pressure on your team, and with so many players inside your half, the percentage for mistakes increases dramatically
. So, for today thats the homework>>> attack is the best form of defense.

do you like to keep it wide or central mate interested to know, i prefer it out wide

I'll take all that on board mate, thanks alot. I'm currently managing Steaua Bucharest, and even though their transfer budget surprised me (£5.25m) it still isn't enough to drastically re-style the team to the proportions that you've managed with Wolves.

I've only brought in 3 relatively unknown players, two which were recommended by my coaching staff, and at this early stage of the season (I'm one league and a few UEFA Cup qualifier games in) i think its too late. The most realistic thing for me to do is push on with what I have, maybe a few shrewd January signings, then reshape the squad next summer transfer window.

do you like to keep it wide or central mate interested to know, i prefer it out wide
Gabon T, wide or central of?? what are you refering to please?

Enema, "transfer budget surprised me (£5.25m) it still isn't enough to drastically re-style the team to the proportions that you've managed with Wolves."
My transfer budget was £4.6 m, so I sold few players to generate money, even the fans favourite ones. They were cheesed off with me at the beginning, but had to do it, otherwise no chance. If you are short in one area of the pitch , you can't be emotional about players.

I love how you refer to me simply as 'Enema' - its almost poetic XD

Hats off to you man, when it comes to running a (virtual) football club you know what you want and if you want to see it happen, it happens. I have no ruthless streak right now, and seeing as though this is my first foray into east-European football, I have next-to-no-knowledge concerning the players and their skill levels. Still, I'll start being ruthless next season, I promise!<)

Good luck with Wolves, if it weren't for the sheer dominance of Chelsea I'd tip you for a title challenge. Champions League looks an absolute certainty the way you're going at the moment, so keep it up!

Cheers Enema, but not knowing the squad is not a problem my friend. I didn't know what I was going to find with Wolves, I knew it was going to be a challenge and that is what I like. I'm enjoying it so much, I even start a new one with Hull. Again £5 m to spend so I will have to go through the squad to check who's got passing skills and those other critical ones. This is going to be a real challenge, already predicted to finish last. I will have to sell my main man Geovanni, Sunderland is offering £3.5 m, and I've got no money left in my wallet. take care

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Wolverhampton Wanderers have extended their run of straight wins in the Premier Division to six games following their 3 - 2 victory against Portsmouth.

Halfway through the season and Wolves are still overachieving, seems to be the majority viewpoint amongst pundits.

Fans on the terraces however, think if they keep playing well they can give anybody a run for their money and challenge for the title.