Franjo: A Journeyman Story (New Episode Every Week Day)

Sounds good mate, definitely let me know when you get it going!

Darren ******* Gibson.

Ahh, reminds me of the good old days of Angrense and Ligue 2 Auxerre. 2 quality wins in one episode.

So many big wins, both literal and moral, for you already this season. Your players are really repaying your faith and a number have really stepped up a level.

See, now I log in EXPECTING to see you win. That's a new kinda pressure, right? Though your players seem to be coping with it just fine...

I was literally about to type "McCarthy seems to be becoming a sort of Hurley figure judging by how often he's mentioned in your write-ups as quarterbacking your attacking moves"... and then you dropped him! Haha.

Great stuff though, keep it up. It is hard to see international breaks as anything other than a distraction, though... one day FM will make international management interesting again. I have faith.

****, don’t give me pressure...

Yeah got to be honest, I played this part of the game in about June so revisiting it this week I was surprised that I’d dropped McCarthy, but on ratings alone he does look ****. Highlight-wise he’s been one of our best though so very strange situation. I wonder what I do next.

And yeah I know what you mean about Int football. Hopefully I can win a Euros next year, then a World Cup 2 years later and we can draw a line under internationals!

It is funny how average ratings sometimes just don't capture what you see in the highlights.

Guessing "what I do next" probably isn't "nickname him Hurley and hope for the best", heh

Holy nutsacks Batman, 52 goals for Pogba?! That's ridiculous.

1 goal and 1 assist in 17 minutes though... that's better than even Crouchie. Snort.

Right? As far as I’m aware, Pogba had played all his matches in centre mid instead of no10 before I got here too, which makes it all the more ridiculous. And obviously Lopez is jus excellent. If I were him I’d be tempted to retire on the spot

Is Bordeaux's right back called Gummy?!

That's utterly brilliant, so much so that it's literally the only thing I took away from this episode. Great wins, or whatever, yeah

16 goals in the calendar year for Mbappé... not bad, not bad. I'm sure he'll get more in Euro 2024 alone, though, eh?

Cappé Mbappé tappé just makes me think of that **** Pepper bo-bepper fo-fepper song. Cheers for that.

I know it doesn't work like this, and gawd knows I've left clubs before when a hypothetical reader might argue I shouldn't, but... I really hope you stay at Auxerre a bit longer. I love this team. Celsiney looks like a world-beater in the making, Aidir is scoring and you're in 5th.

That said, Russia is a fun place to manage, especially as one of the big boys - the gap between top and bottom, especially in the top flight, is COLOSSAL. Like, hysterically, unnecessarily and unfairly huge. You'll have stiff competition from CSKA, Krasnodar, Rubin and/or Anzhi depending on how the save has progressed, but you will easily flat-track bully your way to Europe every year.

Edit: for context, when I won the Russian 2nd tier on FM16, my best players would scrape into a League 1 side if they were lucky. The best players at the top of the Russian Prem were often good enough to star in the Champions League.

Last edited: