Could you give a basic overview what kind of players you recommend for these tactics? For example if a specific position needs to be very pacey or a very good tackler or passer...

What kind of players do you use for the IF and the winger? Which foot is better suited for which side? Do you need dribblers or passers? Common sense would say you need a right footed player for the AMR (W) as runs down the line and crosses the ball (think Beckham or Giggs in their primes) and you need a right footed player for the AML (IF) as he cuts inside and shoots (like Robben or Ribery). Is that correct or would you recommend anything else?
You find the answers in the OP. Added some player filters too!

If you have more questions, tell me.. :)

Doing some different stuff with the striker as I haven't got a good fit for the F9 role in my team. Initial tests with the advanced forward role seems to go well.
Although this game with S?rum as a complete forward literally blew my mind.
ZZGIQRN.png

Last edited:
Doing some different stuff with the striker as I haven't got a good fit for the F9 role in my team. Initial tests with the advanced forward role seems to go well.
Although this game with S?rum as a complete forward literally blew my mind.
Holy ****! What player instructions do you have for the complete forward? Great result!

Good tactic. Took over West Ham last season when they were 22nd in the Championship, straight at the break. Pushed them to end on the 11th place:

View attachment 382924

The pass completion and possession rates are really off the chain, here's my latest match and at the same time most impressing until now

View attachment 382923

Even away against City we had more of the match, and could even have won in a higher margin.

Here are my results so far in my 2nd season with them, using your tactic from the very beginning -

View attachment 382922

Oh and I'm using Version 3.2.

League champs after a season where I was basically just testing and experimenting with the tactic and different roles. FM14 is getting fun again.

Z33MQaL.png

Is this a classic tactic? It won't import in normal mode

League champs after a season where I was basically just testing and experimenting with the tactic and different roles. FM14 is getting fun again.

Z33MQaL.png
Love this: ''FM14 is getting fun again.''

Good tactic. Took over West Ham last season when they were 22nd in the Championship, straight at the break. Pushed them to end on the 11th place:

View attachment 582957

The pass completion and possession rates are really off the chain, here's my latest match and at the same time most impressing until now

View attachment 582958

Even away against City we had more of the match, and could even have won in a higher margin.

Here are my results so far in my 2nd season with them, using your tactic from the very beginning -

View attachment 582959

Oh and I'm using Version 3.2.
Very impressive results. I'm glad it works for you!

Sorry been trying this tactic, just after 2 months goals just totolly dried up. Tested with Norwich and Stoke

First season I am using from the start the new versions. It is going very well and we almost reached to the Champions League, but Gala' was just a level to big, not a shame. I am using some tweaks to the downloadble versions: my striker is a poacher and I do not use 'man marking' opposition instructions. I also switch a lot between the versions because 3.0 is a good tactic too!

View attachment 382178 View attachment 382177 View attachment 382176 View attachment 382175 View attachment 382174 View attachment 382173

What do u mean ' man marking ' oi ? Couldnt find it . And also Poacher for both 3.0 and 3.2 ?

What do u mean ' man marking ' oi ? Couldnt find it . And also Poacher for both 3.0 and 3.2 ?
Jup, Use a poacher as striker in both versions. Make sure that your players man mark none of the oppositions players. Look at the picture below. All the selected players (between red lines) need to have 'no specific instruction'. You can set it off before every game!

View attachment 382164

Jup, Use a poacher as striker in both versions. Make sure that your players man mark none of the oppositions players. Look at the picture below. All the selected players (between red lines) need to have 'no specific instruction'. You can set it off before every game!

View attachment 584625

Is thera a possibility to upload the tactic with the tweaks in it?

Basically, the case with this tactic as with all other tactics is that you have to adapt it to the team you are using. You have to evaluate your team and assign roles to the attributes your players have. This tactic is a great starting point, but you might have to put in some work to figure out how to PERFECT it to your players and your team.