Frei's DIAMONDloh formation!! Consistency is the key

xfreix

Reaction score
Frei's DIAMONDloh(4-1-2-1-2) formation!! Simply Amazing

Hello everyone, this would be my first tactic contribution of cos i will be contributing even more if my tactic proves to be a success for everyone who are going to use my tactic. So far this tactic has been fantastic for me in Liverpool! Consistency which has lead me to 31games winning streak!

Finding the right players to slot into this tactic maybe rather tough. Recommend for midtable position onwards as i did not try on the lower half of the clubs with this formation.

Formation 4-1-2-1-2
A rather balanced formation favours to more attacking than defend.
formation.jpg
formation2.jpg

31games so far
Scoring an average of 2.35goals per game
Conceding an average of 0.39goals per game
TeamStat-5.jpg

Goalkeeper:
Key stats -
Reflexes
One-on-ones
Rushing out
Positioning
Arial Ability
Decision
Good physical stats(jumping, balance, pace, acceleration are the more important one)
Suggested Players: Jose Manuel Reina
Left back and Right back (Full back - Defend):
Key stats -
Marking
Tackling
Concentration
Crossing
Anticipation
Positioning
Good acceleration and stamina
Suggested Players:

Centre back (Central Defender - Defend):
Key stats -
Marking
Tackling
Heading
Determination
Concentration
Positioning
Good Jumping and strength
Suggested Players: John Terry

Centre back (Central Defender - Cover):
Requires a Top class CB for this position, otherwise two Central Defender - Defend would be fine Key stats -
Marking
Tackling
Heading
Determination
Concentration
Anticipation
Acceleration
Composure
Positioning
Good pace and strength
Suggested Players: Phillippe Mexes

Defensive Midfield( Defensive Midfielder - Defend):
Key stats -
Pace
Acceleration
Tackling
Marking
Concentration
Position
Work rate
Decision
Stamina
Suggested Players: Javier Maschrano

Central Midfielder (Box to Box Midfield - Support):
Key stats -
Dribbling
Long Shots
Determination
Stamina
Anticipation
Bravery
Passing
Suggested Players: Steven Gerrard, Raul Meireles

Centre Midfielder (Central Midfield - Support):
Key stats:
Passing
First touch
Tackling
Marking
Teamwork
Positioning
Work Rate
Long shots
Suggested Players: Jack Rodwell, Miguel Veloso

Attacking Midfielder (Advanced Playmaker - Attack):
Key stats -
First touch
Dribbling
Technique
Creativity
Long shots
Passing
Composure
Teamwork
Suggested Players: Gourcuff

Left Striker (Targetmen - Attack):
Key stats -
Finishing
Composure
Heading
Off the Ball
Determination
Anticipation
Strength
Acceleration
Jumping
Suggested Players: Dzeko, Cardozo

Right Striker (Complete Striker - Attack): Basically you need almost everything :x
Key stats -
Strength
First Touch
Balance
Jumping
Work Rate and Teamwork
Off the Ball
Composure
Heading
Finishing
Long shot
Determination
Technique
Suggested Players: Fernando Torres

Diamond formation would be really effective with squad with high determination and teamwork, those are the two key attributes that i always look out when signing players for my club and especially for this formation.

Im open to suggestions, feedbacks and please do comment on my tactics! Thanks!

Any tips for better layout? Please do suggest :$

Screenies
insanity.jpg

Some **** team against At. Madrid on my friend's save. (friendly btw)

Here are some of the screenies that i have got with Liverpool =D
1-6.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg
5-1.jpg

And finally the League Table
nuff said :p
6.jpg

Please press the Like button if you like my tactic =D

Last edited:
Hey dude, looks good. I'd like to try it out. Where can I download it? Are you uploading it?

Hey, yeah i will upload the beta version one at the moment cos the final version is in my desktop =/ Be sure to let me know the results. Thanks alot! ^^)

upload it please ... let's give it a shot .
will keep you informed about the results .

xfreix would this tactic work with this squad?
gk cech hilario turnbull matej

full back fabio rafael cole bosingwa

center back terry carvalho alex ivanovich

def mid mikel essien

cm lampard essien rodwell matic

amc j cole lampard

strikers drogba anelka sturridge delphonso (from aston villa)

megapicks why not? It will work for you especially for chelsea =)

And i have uploaded the tactic already. Thanks for your support!

does it take a while for the team to gel becuase im only a couple of games into the season?

play Mikel as DM, CM for Rodwell and Essien. Lampard for AMC. How is your game going on? Mind posting some results? Would like to see it =) Thanks, i uploaded the more recend tactic.. Hope this time is better.. Let me know what are the problems so that i can help you.

Last edited:
Thanks hope someone can try this tactic out for me. Really keen to know whether it is effective a not XD

i tried it and i absolutly dominated the games but lost 1 nil lol but im going to start againg and let them get used to it and hopefully my strikers will score lol

Just like to say, well done mate for not just saying try my tactic, you have given loads of infomation for the tactic and screenshots.

I shall try this with my Liverpool team and see what happens and ill get back to you with results

Thanks

i tried it and i absolutly dominated the games but lost 1 nil lol but im going to start againg and let them get used to it and hopefully my strikers will score lol

Thanks for your feedback, do let me know about your Chelsea games. Would be good if you can do abit of match updates for me =P

And yeah Coach Carter, thank alot! Please do let me know your results, I really appreciate :)

Last edited:
I must say, this tactic is amazing so far. Im playing as QPR, second season. Been newley promoted to the PL. First match with your tactic i beat Chelsea 3-2 away from home. That was just my second victory from 15 games. Won the two next games, and just had a draw against Arsenal away from home. A match i could have won with som luck. Hit the crossbar, got denied a penalty and had at least two one-on-ones with Almunia.

Very impressed so far=)

Looks quality mate... i should of thought of this on my liverpool game! I will start a new game and give it a try

TheOpiate, thanks alot mate! Glad that it is really helping some of you here. Wow beating Chelsea is not easy at all. Good results there! If there is any problem regarding about the tactic, do let me know. I would be pleased to help |)

Mally please do try it out and let me know how it works =P

great tactic mate, been looking for a good narrow diamond formation and this works well for teams who has world class central mdfielders

Now my unbeaten run stopped on 6 matches, but Im happy with that. Lost 1-0 to Villa away, but it was a very even match. My squad is very young and got a lot of new players, so its hard to be consistent.

And now I got to play Man Utd away, then Liverpool at home in the next two matches=)

iv played pre season and three league games and i anihalated pre season lost to man utd in the community shield really dont know how lol and have beat wolves and burnly 1-0 have plenty of shots strikers just dont put them away and just my opinion i found it better if i didnt play ofside because chelsea havnt got the quickest cb so will update after a few more matches :)