Frei's DIAMONDloh formation!! Consistency is the key

Im amaze how Torres has contributes to the team regardless of scoring and assisting! glad this tactic was working well for you. For a moment, i thought my tactic arent that good for mates to use. >.<

finish 4th season ...5 cups champions league,euro super cup,premier,league cup,fa cup
but i need a attacking midfielder centre.....any?i ave buget 17.....

You could try Ivan Rakitic, Vaart, Toni Kroos, Gourcuff if you have the money. Verratti would be good too but needs time to grow =)

first off..xfriex great tactic..im newcastle at the mo in the champioship..i started using this just over half way through the season..and my results are ...played :18 won :13 draw 4 lost :1.... 2 of the draws were against arsenal in the f.a cup they beat us 9-8 on pens in the end...and the loss was our last game of the season..i had a player sent off in the 10th min...but we still had 24 attempts....ive also added a corner tactic 2 this which i got of on 1 of these threads....my newcastle team is full of youngsters but they have stormed the league...so thanx friex great job....i enjoy ure tactic more than my unbeatable tactic
ovarall...p:46 W:38 D:3 L:5 GF:111 GA:35 GD: +76 PTS:117
NOT BAD WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS

Last edited:
Im delighted for you gforce! Looks like it has work wonders for you mate. Glad you like my tactic. Hope there are more people who are willing to try and give me some feedbacks. Thanks for using my tactic!

the diamond is IMMENSE!

thanks a lot & good luck with you;re liverpool!

i was at Leeds having good years with my team , it was December and i was first in the championship.
But i was tired of watching all these great players or potential stars not wanting to come to my team , that is when i got a contract from Liverpool.
I accepted. when i saw your thread it was at the beginning of January.
Here are my matches:
BEFORE
Liverpool - West ham 2-2
Sunderland -Liverpool 0-1
Liverpool-chelsea 1-1
Liverpool - M.U 3-1
Liverpool -wigan 0-0
Chelsea - Liverpool 1-0
at the end of january i bought back marscherano , and also bought miguel veloso
I followed your tactics and set them close to what you asked: AFFFFTTTEEEER
Everton-Liverpool 0-2
Olympiakos- Liverpool 0-3
Middlesbrough -Liverpool 1-4
Stoke- Liverpool 1-2
Liverpool - Tottenham 3-0
Fenerbacje - Liverpool 0-5
Liverpool - Tottenham 1-2 STEAK ENDS
Liverpool -Fenerbacje 3-0

So i have 6 wins 1 unlucky lose with ur tactic. I can only thank you for helping me beat this difficult matches.
UR TACTIC ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSS

thank you so much =) I hope its still working very well for you

Could somebody make me a list of good midfielders for this tactic? I'm Ajax, so forget Lampard en Essien etc. :) That would be really nice

Hey, im playing a season with chelsea and this tactic has been doing really well so far, especially after a couple modifications. Trying to keep integrity of team i didn't want to do any big signings as many do, so what i did was swap adv playmaker with central midfielder, putting lampard in the middle and joe cole as a attacking midfielder (attack). Im writing this since this tactic has brought the best out of joe cole, i've ever seen. Scored 5 goals in a total of 2 games, considering he isn't the most prolific striker, i was shocked. I also made the right central defender cover, and gave the left central defender man mark.
Lastly i made the 2 strikers swap positions, which creates chaos in the defense leaving space for jcole.

Just giving some insight to chelsea managers and such on different options available to them, as well as a thank you for the tactic.

P.s. Tomza2, a couple players i would consider would be Sandro for dm, kwadwo asamoah is an essien style player and is 20 so you might consider him as a box to box, rodwell is dubbed the next lampard in my save so you might look into that as well. There's many players to look out for but it all depends on budget and willingness of players to go to ajax. Also if its a new season, look into gago. He leaves RMadrid for only 4.9 million. amazing cost. As well as look at Diarra at R Madrid.

Last edited:
What is the relationship (if any) between the mating 1-1 or a zonal line of defense

What is the relationship (if any) between the mating 1-1 or a zonal line of defense

I have worries in zonal line of defense. What I like to see in my defense is that 1 man elimates the big threat (man marker). If he does it properly, he elimates 1 forward. With your defensive midfielder closing down their playmaker constantly, if they have 1 less option to pass forward it makes them panic and loose possession. The cover defender sweeps up through balls and looks to keep the back 4 organized. Especially if they are tight marking, making this really effective. Though this is an ideal scenario, not sure how efficient it is with non worldclass defense.
p.s. not to mention i use OI a lot and found it works well as long as they dont overload you with 3 strikers.

Lastly I'm still not 100% certain if the match engine exercises this theory to the way i theorize but im still working on it :p

Last edited:
Sorry, i just realize there were abit of adjustments to be make for this tactic. Will be an update one soon after i end my work. Cheers.. Oh and Novox, i will take a look at your comments again later. Sorry about that =P

Sorry, i just realize there were abit of adjustments to be make for this tactic. Will be an update one soon after i end my work. Cheers.. Oh and Novox, i will take a look at your comments again later. Sorry about that =P

lol no problem, though when you find time. i was wondering how i should utilize essien and lampard in the center, considering the small changes to the tactic. Currently Essien is box to box and Lampard is adv playmaker in middle of pitch, though essien roams, holds up ball and moves into channel, whereas lampard doesn't. Good idea to take away roam and moves into channels from essien and give it to lampard?

Well actually, the two central midfielders have the license to roam if you think they have the ability to do so =) But i preferably prefer one stay while another roam which is normally box to box player. I testing this tactic with chelsea default players and see how it goes. If it better, then i'll be uploading the improved tactic.

Well actually, the two central midfielders have the license to roam if you think they have the ability to do so =) But i preferably prefer one stay while another roam which is normally box to box player. I testing this tactic with chelsea default players and see how it goes. If it better, then i'll be uploading the improved tactic.

yea i prefer having 1 midfielder hold it down. im also trying using default passing and not direct. so far its a 10-0 win vs reserves lol

Mate, try shorter passing. I would say it works pretty effective for me. **** im really busy these days with all the shitload amount of work im having. Basically battery flat by the time i reach home :S Novox if you dun mind. Mind telling me whether playing wider or narrower is more effective? I believe it has an impact to the team defense as well as offence. Really appreciate it ^^)

Mate, try shorter passing. I would say it works pretty effective for me. **** im really busy these days with all the shitload amount of work im having. Basically battery flat by the time i reach home :S Novox if you dun mind. Mind telling me whether playing wider or narrower is more effective? I believe it has an impact to the team defense as well as offence. Really appreciate it ^^)

yeah no problem, as it happens i dont have much work luckily :) ill test out width but i'd say normal width is the best, simply add hug touchline to full backs/wingbacks, and if any width would help it would be from touchline instructions. ill test it out though.