From deep within Sweden, to the top of the World!

294049d1356347606-deep-within-sweden-top-world-tegs_sk.png

Tegs SK

Swedish First Division North

July-September 2016

2jagrow.jpg

After a summer break for Euro 2016 (France defeated Switzerland on penalties), we came out sluggish managing just 1 point in our next 3 league matches as well as a Swedish Cup 1st Round defeat to non-leaguers Assi. It was an ugly start to the 2nd half of the season. After another inexplicable blunder by GK Adey Sleyman against Enkoping in the 27th minute, I was so furious I pulled him instantly for Marcus Gerd who had been pleading for a first team shot. It didn't start off well for him as he got blitz for 4 goals in the first half away at Vasby United (they weren't all his fault). I stuck with him and he settled down to turn in some fine performances. I've had enough of Sleyman's showboating and careless play that is consistently leading to 3-5 goals a season. Gerd may not be a better shot stopper than him, but at least he's professional.

Heading into 4 straight gutwrenching away fixtures, we were mid-table but weren't really threatening much else. That changed in a hurry as the boys stepped up their play and strung together one beautiful performance after another. The highlight for sure was the 3-2 win over Syrianska IF as William Edvardsson orchestrated two gorgeous moves finished by Simon Molander and Johan Ornfjall. Edvardsson's stellar play has earned him a well-deserved call to the Swedish u-19 squad.

I'd say we're still outsiders for promotion with a massive logjam behind title favorites Umea and 5 teams (including us) are fighting for the playoff spot. With 6 matches to go, we got a shot, and that's pretty good considering the two awful slumps we've endured this season. Hopefully our goal differential doesn't bite us in the end.

2zznt34.jpg

Last edited:

Tegs SK

September-October 2016

2e55rw2.jpg

2yy791y.jpg

It was a **** of a finish to the season but not even winning all 6 of our final matches would have caught Karlslund who finished the year on an amazing tear. Our final match of the year against Enkoping was a thrilling match with Johan Ornfjall scoring the breathtaking winner in the 3rd minute of stoppage time. A fitting way to end a great season that ensured a 3rd place finish.

William Edvardsson had set the league on fire in the second half of the season, including down the stretch. A free kick goal away at Karlstad BK will be remembered for years to come. He scored 6 goals and 4 assists over the final 6 matches and the media was eating out of his hand. I smartly inked him to an extension through 2021 that involved a well-deserved raise for the future superstar of Swedish football. The 18 year old finished the season with 22(1) appearances, 8 goals, 12 assists, 6 PoM with a 7.41 average rating. The future is bright indeed. Props to my head scout Marko Hogberg for discovering him. He'***** and missed over the years but he deserves all the credit in the world for Edvardsson. He wouldn't be here without Hogberg. Edvardsson was named to the Swedish First Division North Team of the Year

The new club president Daniel Bergman offered me a one-year extension with a raise to $850/wk which I accepted.

On a side note, I've been thrilled with our attendance this year. In our home match vs eventual league champions Umea, the Tegs SK faithful turned out at our field, Tegstunets IP for a club record 1350. We averaged 883 per match this season, which was 4th best in the league.

I'm going into this offseason with the same plan as last season. I want one-single superstar veteran that can make our team complete and put us into the second tier of Swedish football. We are missing one piece, I'm not sure what it is yet but that'll be the work I put into the offseason. I will not come up short this time. I will put everything into securing this impact player.

Last edited:

Tegs SK

Preseason 2017

b9dvts.jpg

Let's start with the guys out. No that's not a glitch, I had two Johan Jonsson's on my club. Neither seen much time with the first team. Nassiri and Soderstrom were both backup pieces that I was looking to upgrade.

Now, to the in's. I didn't get one monster impact player...... I got TWO! I sent my scout Marko Hogberg into Norway and he came back with glowing recommendations of these two very talented footballers. Their teams had strangled finances and both were out of favor, but if I could cut a pricey deal with them, they were mine.

• Martin Elvestad, DMC - Ahh my key DMC support role has a new face. The 27 year old Norwegian has the prototypical skills of your classic deep-lying playmaker. Very good ball control attributes (Dribbling, First Touch, Passing, Technique) as well as supreme creativity for this level. What makes him even more ideal is he's a real athlete. Pacey, Agile, Strong and he can run all day. This is the engine I was looking for to run my midfield!

I was quite content with just adding Elvestad this offseason but Hogberg turned up another impact player

• Rune Hansen, DC - For the past several season I've been lacking a central defense partner for my Turkish youngster Hurriyet Durkal Atik. I've tried a number of guys with him, but none were at Atik's level and your defense is only as strong as its weakest link. Hansen changes ALL of that. With him and Atik in the central defense I have without a doubt the most formidable back-line in the league. Hansen is a powerful physical presence. The 188 cm, 71 kg, 31 year old Dane is built like a truck. With his size he can dominate the aerial game and he brings determination and bravery that I've yet to see in my 5 year professional managing careerl. Swedish First Division North strikers have no idea what they are in for.

The downside is that both of these guys required massive investments from the club. Both demanded huge contracts beyond the limits that the board would agree to and I had to empty my purse and offer them massive bonuses to encourage them to sign. If they don't work out, it could put the club in quite the bind. But I'm absolutely thrilled about these two guys and I just hope they can settle into the club quickly with my other talent. I'm feeling very good that this could be the year we go up again!

e8989k.jpg

Everybody is nice and fit. William Edvardsson will turn 19 in June and he is looking better than ever this preseason. Marcus Gerd won the preseason GK battle over Aday Sleyman for the first time since I signed him. We got positive training development from last years signing Rickard Sten and I expect him to steal lots of minutes at AML, AMR, and ST. A promising youth academy prospect from last year, Jesper Edvartsen, has made lots of gains as well and should earn his first team debut at some point this year. We also have the veterans, Johan Ornfjall, Simon Molander, Boban Velkovski, and Emil Bellander are all back and will all be vital pieces of this puzzle if we're going go up.​

Brilliant story mate, my favourite on here at the moment, good luck with the new season i look forward to reading it!

Tegs SK

April-July 2017

2qbw5j8.jpg

Needless to say, this wasn't the start to the season I envisioned. The defense has been fine overall but we are struggling terribly to score goals. We've only scored 10 goals in 10 matches, and 3 of them have come from my new midfield engine Martin Elvestad, so the problem hasn't been him. The problem has been the old guard unable to find the net.

Johan Ornfjall
has 2 goals 0 assists in 5(4) appearances.

Emil Bellander
has been non-existant this year, bagging just 1 goal, 1 assist in 7(3) matches. He scored 22 goals for us the past 2 seasons and he just hasn't been the same this year at all.

Youngster William Edvardsson just hasn't been quite as sharp this year with all the pressures of being the key guy on this team. Nagging injuries here and there have also kept him out of the first team and between that and a Swedish u20 call up, he's only appeared in 6 league matches so far.

My new central defender Rune Hansen has played well in the back and despite missing a few games to injury he's been a force to be reckoned with.

Despite all the high hopes in pre-season, this isn't looking like our year at all. But there's still 16 matches yet and the deficit isn't impossible to overcome with the talent on this squad, but we're going to have to pull our heads out of ***** very soon and go on a tear if we want to get serious about a promotion push.

ly4wi.jpg

Last edited:

July-September 2017

29ctge9.jpg

2cqbukn.jpg

The most stunningly disappointing season I've had in my 6-year career in Sweden. We haven't won in 8 matches including a horrific home loss against relegation battlers Arameisk-Syrianska IF in our last match. Although we weren't performing great throughout the year, we were fairly safely mid-table until the past couple weeks. Now we have two terribly difficult matches remaining. We are only 3 points clear of Karlstad BK and 4 over Eskilstuna City. Their next match? Against each other. This is going to get very hairy mates. Even if I survive, will that be enough to save my job? I promised them a top-half finish for the extra funds to purchase my two newest players. Failing to achieve that could put my head on the block. Nervous times.

Last edited:

October 2017

sb3hja.jpg

14b4ak1.jpg

A stunning home win lifts us 4 points clear of relegation with 1 match to play and puts a dent in Karlslund's title hopes. Most notably it was three unheralded players who put the ball into the net.

Rickard Sten
hasn't taken the progress he's made in the training grounds and converted that into quality match performances this year. Prior to this match he had a miserable 1 goal and 1 assist in 13(5) appeances, the vast majority of them played at striker. He's been a massive disappointment but after struck in the 17th minute for his 2nd goal of the year I felt something special in the air at that moment.

34pkiu9.jpg

David Stevic has been a backup defensive midfielder all year long. Once a promising prospect with Genoa in Italy, he did not fulfill his promise and I brought him back to Sweden in 2013 on free transfer and he has played in a squad rotation role for years but lost alot of playing time with the acquisition of Martin Elvesta in the offseason. With Abysmal morale littered throughout the first-team after the 5-0 shallacking at home the previous week, I called his number and he rewarded his manager. His 54th minute goal was his FIRST professional goal of his career in his 69th first-team appearance and it proved to be the match winner in the most important match of the year.

2016 Academy graduate Jesper Edvartsen broke into the first team this year and played vital roles throughout the season in grabbing us points where we probably didn't deserve it. He capped off this wonderful victory for us.

These three unheralded players saved my bacon! In addition to Hurriyet Durkal Atik, showing leadership I've never seen from him before (he's still transfer listed, wanting a bigger club), I now know what players on my squad will show up with our backs against the wall and which ones will throw in the towel.

We won our final match away to Syrianska IF Kerbuban, 2-1.

34j7ujl.jpg

I got my contract extension. I'll be back for another year, maybe the leash will be shorter, but I can't complain about that after coming up well short of our expectations this year.

Last edited:
You asked more of your players than they felt comfortable with. Too much pressure for a squad that probably isn't ambitious enough to deal with the pressure of those goals.

Glad you kept the job. Good luck with the new season.

Tegs SK

Preseason 2018

Well folks, this was pretty much the worst offseason I could have possibly imagined and my reign at Tegs SK may be coming to an end in the near future. Everything started off well enough. I shopped off some excess players that I was hoping to replace with upgrades.

4vig08.jpg

All of these players have steadily become reserves over the past couple years. Many of them had been with me for a long while, such as Johan Ornfjall, Vili Yrjana, Emil Petterson. Notice the dates I sold/released these players. I had my scout Marko Hogberg working hard and he identified several potential replacements, some of which I was about to start negotiating with. And then.. Armaggedon had struck the club on December 15th, 2017

mly4n.jpg

212651d.jpg

I feel absolutely gutted. The new president has totally blindsided me with this horrendous news. If i had known then this was on the horizon, I never would have let many of those players go. I have no chance of adding any quality replacements now. The first team squad still has some very good talent but we've been left dangerously thin in backups. We have 7 additional players whose contracts will expire at the end of this year. With this devastating development, I guess there is only one thing left to do....

[video=youtube;d-hDl6OALv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4[/video]

Last edited:

Tegs SK

April-June 2018

2ch2re0.jpg

The boys got off to a ripping start and we actually shared the league lead before our awful slide there in mid-June. Just prior to the World Cup break we grabbed a nice away win to prop us up a bit.

There's not much to say here. I'm still very disappointed about the results of the offseason and I'm proud of the guys for their efforts to begin this year. We are up against it. Each injury becomes crippling to our side. We are routinely going into matches with youth players on our bench who have no business being near the first team.

Rune Hansen
(7.17) and Hurriyet Durkal Atik (7.19) have made our central defense very solid but our fullback Linus Markland and Pontus Lindstrom have not performed admirably and there is literally only one legitimate option on the bench behind this group,22-year old Serb Christian Gregorcik. Thank god that this group has been relatively healthy this year.

Martin Elvestad (7.34) has been electric in the key defensive midfield support role but a pair of injuries to my DMC ball-winning role guys, Boban Velkovski and David Stevic, have suffered major injuries forcing an academy prospect Peter Jallow into his first career professional action. He's performed okay, but if anything were to happen to him or Elvestad my main tactical approach will have to be abandoned for something these guys are much less familiar with.

William Edvardsson has been absolutely electric and is hitting the form we all expected of him. 4 goals, 7 assists, 3 PoM, 7.78 rating in 11 appearances. He is a legitimate front-runner for league player of the year awards. The lack of depth has forced a Tegs SK veteran, AMC/AML Alexander Kinnunen Nassiri into major action for the first time in 3 seasons and he's grabbed the opportunity with both fists. He had no goals or assissts in his 6 total appearances the prior two season but in his 9 matches this year he has buried 2 goals and connected for 5 assists and a 7.39 average rating. A stunning turnaround in his career brought on by our desperate situation. The 29 year old Finn has been at this club since 2009! Rickard Stan has already doubled his goal total from last year with 4 scores but an idiotic thrown elbow earned him a 3 game suspension and that's the **** we do not need right now!

2gy14zs.jpg

Tegs SK

July-September 2018

ei0du0.jpg

1zzknqa.jpg

One of the most unbelievable seasons I've ever experienced and I've been doing FM for more than a decade folks. With all of the episodes this team has been through in the off season, to be where we are right now is nothing short of miraculous. This is the greatest group of footballers I've been around in this game. They just keep battling and battling and battling. The August stretch in particular was the most unbelievable run I've ever been through. I was forced to start guys on their last legs as we crammed league and cup matches togethers. I had entire squads with sub-80% condition in some of those matches and they fought tooth and nail for victory.

These guys deserve special recognition right now and I'm going to give it to them:

2q1eafs.jpg

This is a group of the toughest sons of ******* I've ever managed and I couldn't be anymore proud. I've got 6-7 guys putting career seasons in, laying everything on the line every single week we go out there.

We have 4 games left, against TOUGH opponents. The playoff spot is in our sight. I have absolutely no doubt that these guys are going to finish this season off in style. I wish everybody following this thread will have seasons as special as this one in their save.

Tegs SK

October 2018

300znki.jpg

Not as horrible as it looks. We clinched the playoff spot after the Gamla Uppsala draw and I gave the reserves a run out to protect my starters. For one reason, is that during the Enkoping loss, we suffered a massive blow.

54614x.jpg

My greatest offensive weapon's season is over. William Edvardssson (22 app, 6 Gls, 13 Asts, 5 PoM, 7.70 rating) will not participate in the playoff. We'll have to do it without him.

308ilog.jpg

nef85h.jpg

I was mistaken on the rules of the Swedish First Division. Myresjo is the playoff team from the Swedish First Division South (3rd tier with me). Vasteras SK and Brommapojkarna finished 3rd and 4th from the bottom in the Swedish First Division Elite (2nd tier) and will be fighting to stay up. Both matches are finals. The winners of each two-legged series will be in the First Division Elite next year.

A quick look over Vasteras SK's squad brings a smile over my face. They look severely banged up with injuries and morale is terribly low. Their starting goalkeeper doesn't look special and he's barely going to make the game after returning from a bout with the flu. If we play our game, we should win.

11weknc.jpg

First sell-out in club history!

1ST LEG - SWEDISH FIRST DIVISION PLAYOFF FINAL

Tegs SK sent out their best possible squad we have minus William Edvardsson. The home boys didn't take long to send the sold-out crowd into a frenzy as Henrik Olsson banged a close-range effort home in the 8th minute. Vasteras SK would not lay down quite so easily though and their top striker Sebastian Hedlund knotted it 1-1 in the 14th. The rest of the half would be a back and forth struggle with both sides having several chances. However it would be Tegs who would strike again. Olsen had a shot stopped point blank off a corner kick but Rickard Sten was poaching on the doorstep and sent the home fans in delirium once again as Tegs SK took a 2-1 lead into the locker room of the first leg of this tension packed playoff.

The second half was a quiet one as Tegs put on a possession show and central defender Rune Hansen kept the Vasteras attack from getting a sniff of the goal. Olsson had a half-chance to make it a two goal lead late in the match but he put it over the bar. Tegs SK take a 2-1 lead into the second leg. Away goals are in play here, so will that Hedlund goal end up proving useful?

2ND LEG - SWEDISH FIRST DIVISION PLAYOFF

Tegs SK are so close to an impossible promotion they can taste it. Due to yellow card accumulation they'll miss the efforts of AMR Simon Molander. The cash-strapped squad has been dealing with this sort of adversity all year long so if anyone can adapt, they can.

The match begins a nightmare for Tegs. Off a deep throw-in, Vasteras captain Albin Olofsson loses his marker in the penalty area and slides his shot past Tegs keeper Marcus Gerd. It's only the 2nd minute and suddenly the match has done a 180 with 2-2 and VSK leading on away goal tiebreaker. 13th minute and Vasteras are on the attack again, but Gerd comes to the rescue with a fine effort to keep Tegs in it. But it would just be another 12 minutes and Vasteras would find themselves with a corner kick they would not waste. 2-0, 3-2 on the tie. Vasteras were now in control and Tegs must have been wondering what was happening. Henrik Olsson would create a chance of his own in the 35th minute but was unable to finishs. Into halftime, Tegs need to find themselves or this dream season will end a nightmare.

The second half doesn't begin much better. A very questionable decision by the referee and it's a Vasteras penalty kick! This would surely be the nail that buries these underdogs. VSK sends up young Robin Markstedt to the spot and he drives it at the goal, but Marcus Gerd sprawls to his right to make a spectacular, season-saving stop. The breath-taking spot would prove to matter little. Vasteras continued with their beautiful attacking play and the nervous away squad had no answer. One goal after another, the shell-shocked visitors had no answer for the First Division Elites and their surprising season ended without much more than a whimper. It will be a long offseason for the Semi-Professional club.

2it0mc0.jpg

Last edited:
The Tegs SK dream is over.

My stubborn, tight-fisted President Daniel Bergman has not only refused to re-instate the professional status of the club, but also has slashed the budget yet again to $6,000/wk. With a year left on their contracts I was forced to sell both Hurriyet Durkal Atik and Christian Gregorcik. Several other big names will be forced to leave in another year for sure. After getting another request shut down by the board, I told them to pound sand and good luck finding someone of quality to step in and rescue this impending train wreck. I certaintly share some blame for the mess here. I put all my eggs in one basket because I wanted to win. It just didn't work out and it's time to go.

I'll miss my time here. It was one of my best FM experiences ever. But all good things must come to an end. The opportunity to save myself and the club ended with the 2nd leg playoff final disaster. Everything would have been different if we could have pulled it out, but things happen for a reason. Now I update my resume and send it out across all of Scandinavia (a few seasons ago I added Denmark, Norway, and Finland). I watched over 183 matches at Tegs SK, winning 87, drawing 39, losing 57 with a Second Division North title to my name.

I will not jump into just any job. I want the right opportunity with the right chairman committed to winning. Ideally I'd like to stay somewhere in the Swedish First Division but I have to keep an open mind. If the right opportunity isn't there, perhaps waiting for a mid-season takeover.

Last edited:
After several weeks of deflecting offers from a variety of low-paying ($400/wk) Swedish Second Division (4th tier) jobs that I had no interest in, I finally got the phone call I've been waiting for.

It was Eivind Sivertsen, president of Norweigian outfit Nybergsund IL Trysil and he proposed an offer I could not turn down.

Leaving Sweden all along seemed appealing to me. A fresh approach in a fresh new world where I've never been before is the perfect situation to fire me up again. Nybergsund presents a little different challenge. They were narrowly relegated from the Norwegian First Division last year. This is a pattern they've had over the past 7 years, although they have never failed to gain promotion directly following relegation, and the expectations are high for me to send this team back up.

It's a challenge I am ready to accept. I am already in love with my new boss. $29,000 transfer budget, $8K Payroll vs current wages of $4.62K. It didn't take me more than a few seconds to accept his TWO-YEAR offer of $1,600/wk. Let's Rock & Roll!!

Nybergsund_IL-logo-7532E0179F-seeklogo.com.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian Second Division - Group 2

Pre Season 2019

nybergsund_stadion_560.jpg

My dilapidated 1,500 seat ground does not deserve to be placed in such a beautiful scenery. This wonderful section of earth should be overlooking a majestic facility, and that's my long-term goal here.

My first team
avscq0.jpg

And in the reserves
5ts7ya.jpg

It doesn't take me more than a couple seconds to notice numerous things:

1. I have no goalkeeper.
2. I have no natural defensive right backs.
3. I have no natural defensive midfielders, when my desired tactic requires two.
4. I have an excess right midfielders, only 2 of which who are capable of playing my AMR role, but, there's already a natural fit there with Nigerian Ezekiel Bala.
5. Christer Fjellstad is not only the team captain, but he's also hired on to be my assistant. At this point of the 34-year old's career, his coaching skills are far more impressive than his playing ability. I'll likely keep him on as my right-hand man.
6. Kjetil Sletten is only 15 years old, and a potential star. I can teach him DMC, but he's not showing the playmaking skills necessary for my DMC Maestro role.
7. The league season begins in exactly 3 months. I have alot, and I mean ALOT of work to do before this team is ready to play .

Last edited:
Brilliant story! Gutted that you didn't get promotion though but will definitely be following.

KUTGW!

I love this story. One of the best I have read since humblebeginnings afew years ago! I will be following this story. KUTGW.

Nybergsund IL Trysil

April-July 2019

2jfy4jk.jpg

Well, we were extremely active in the offseason looking to fill many of the holes left to us by the relegation. Fjell, Mukaber, and Grov all came in before I got here. The drop from the First Division had seen this club lose it's professional status. Something I've become all too well familiar with. I know from my experience in Sweden that bringing top quality in on part-time contracts is no picnic. My new boss, although kind with his bank account, has also made it very clear. Promotion is the goal and anything less will be a huge disappointment.

The first set of players turned up by my new scout Melin Kristoffer were a crop of promising youngsters (AMC Sejmenovic, AML Saeta, GK Ramsle, DL Vatvedt) from a variety of amateur clubs in the lower leagues of Norwegian football. Anders Ramsle and Kenneth Vatvedt are probably closest to the first team of the bunch, a combination of their advanced skill for 16 year olds and the fact that we lack of much depth at their positions.

28-year old Anders Korsnes was the best of the seasoned goalkeeper bunch we had taken a look at and was brought in on the cheap to be our #1. He's nothing flashy but just plays a solid game. A nice departure from the characters I dealt with at my last stop.

Mohammad Alt (DR) and Alexander Hjalmarsson (ST) were cheap loaners brought in for additional depth.

You may notice a lack of defensive midfielders in this bunch. Despite searching far and wide for DMCs (including an enquiry or two to my former club), I was unable to find suitable players to fit the role. It was up to me to adjust to the squad in front of me. Since we are favorites for promotion, I'm playing a more aggressive 4-2-3-1 with the DMC's pushed up into the MC role. The same deep-lying playmaker support and ball-winning defender roles would still be part of my tactics, except higher up in the formation.

noc8ci.jpg

After take a couple games to get our legs under us, we were under way! The boys put a string of wins together around a tough cup draw and we found ourselves tied at the top of the table with HamKam. A solid start to the season. I learned a few things about my team during this run. I've been especially impressed with my striker Sabah Mukaber. The 27-year old veteran of the Norwegian lower leagues is an impressive figure and quickly becoming a leader on this team. He's by far the coolest under pressure finisher I've ever had the pleasure of penciling in my lineup during my 8 year career as a football manager and has already scored some brilliant goals in front of me. The rest of the team is playing good as well. I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly many of these new faces have meshed together.

2ah7a5j.jpg

We lost away to promotion challengers HamKam and something happened. The aura of invincibility has vanished. The 0-2 scoreline probably didn't do it justice. We were outplayed badly by the home team that day and everybody from the ticket vendor to the refreshment-stand girl knew it. Our confidence that was brimming just 3 days earlier after the away win vs Valdres had disappeared.

Our form went into the sewer as we drew 3 matches, two home tilts against mid-table clubs and an away match against relegation favorites Traeff. After the way loss to Fyllingsdalen, the magic seemed completely gone. We had an open date on the schedule before our next league match and I took the opportunity to schedule a local amateur side, in the hopes of a goal-scoring feast to lift the morale of my discouraged squad. It wasn't what I hoped as Goliath had to find a 2nd half winner to put away David. Spirits weren't boosted, but we fought hard to get a draw in our next league match. Then we stormed to a 3-0 lead vs Levanger and things looked right again, but we had to weather a fierce comeback to hold onto our three points.

I'm seeing a few more smiles around the dressing room after the win as we head into the Summer Break. The second half of the season begins on the 8th of August. We are still in striking distance of promotion but any run of poor form longer than a match or two will surely see us remain at this level for another season, and possibly put my head onto the chopping block.

96grh0.jpg

Last edited:

Nybergsund IL Trysil

August-September 2019

2zxzc5g.jpg

August started classy enough for squad with a pair of wins that pulled us within 2 points of promotion. However a disappointing match against Brumunddal seen the early dismissal of our team captain Asgeir Olafsson. We nearly hung on for the draw but Brumunddal finally broke through late in the match. We fell behind early to Skeid and pulled one back with 30 minutes to go, but despite numerous chance, we dropped our second match in a row and very suddenly we found ourselves 8 points from the top. September would have to be nearly flawless to save the season.

34z11lu.jpg

The Skarbovik match was devastating as we scored two early goals and got zero points. An absolutely critical match against HamKam, the boys came through with flying colors against the league leaders. With a win against lowly Traeff, we could have pulled back within 5 with 4 to go. Without a doubt the most disappointing draw of the season. Our fate is sealed. Nybergsund will be in the Second Division again next year.

10pnbwj.jpg

The boys finished out the season professionally. I gave some youngsters a look and a few of them played admirably. I've been able to ink most of my regulars to another year. But it's still unknown whether I'll be their manager for 2020.

2r4h5hd.jpg

It's easy to see all the points we gave away this year. 4 draws against Traeff and Herkules. If we do our job against the bottom it could have been a different story. A meeting with the chairman has been scheduled a few days from now. I'll be holding my breath. A 4th place finish may be considered a success for some clubs in this league, but it's been considered a calamity for us. That two-year deal I was given might just be enough to save me. I'm may be fortunate that the club is not in the position to buyout a $1600/wk contract.

Last edited:
Sorry for no updates since my last one. I hit the dreaded Crash Dump in November 2019. I've communicated it with their coding team and they have found the issue and promised a fix in the next update, so until then, this one will be on hiatus.