From deep within Sweden, to the top of the World!

One word mate - Gutted! really enjoyed this story. It inspired me to start a save with Stromsberg! I love offering players £50 a week part time contacts! Hope you can get the save working.

Latest update solved the snafu! Our glory road to mediocrity will re-start shortly :).

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian Second Division - Group 2

Preseason 2020

This may be a similar season to my final one at Tegs SK in Sweden. The only difference is that if I fail to meet board expectations of promotion, I will likely be forced out of the club rather than walk away on my own terms.

votoh0.jpg

With a tightened budget there was not much room to bring in any fresh faces. Buksrud, Ryen, and Gjerde are youth projets. Vatshaug will add depth at right back where I was dangerously thin. The only impact player in is Fabian Andersen, a solid right-midfielder who became available on the demotion of fellow second division club Kvik Halden. He should fit right into the first team.

A couple guys have been promoted from the Reserve side and may get some action this year. The most notable is 16-year old left back Kenneth Vatvedt. He's been capped with the Norway u19 squad and has quickly developed into my 2nd choice at LB and I've defended away numerous offers from the top ranks of Norway for his services so he looks like a good one to hang onto and watch for the future. Another one to watch for is Bosnia & Herzegovina 17-year old AMC Ferid Sejmenovic. He's got the mental and physical attributes to succeed at this level and beyond. As he develops his technical skill he could be a force to reckon with.

2hywaxj.jpg

A new approach this offseason. I've added a couple new tactics to the mix and the guys are quickly learning them. I was impressed with our defensive shape and possession in these exhibitions. Everybody in the first team is healthy and so far so good as we head into this make or break season.

Last edited:
Great story and some serious battles ahead but the rewards are worth it :)

great story. has inspired me to start one maybe in Belgium.

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

April-May 2020

34h9r9i.jpg

It's a dream. The boys are off to a ripping start. The work we did in the preseason on defensive shape and possession is paying off in spades as we vault ourselves to the top of the table early in this 2020 campaign. Our multiple-formation looks have our opposition looking befuddled every time we step onto the pitch.

My returning star striker Sabah Mukaber, whose sublime finishing skills I raved about last season, has been leading the way burying 5 goals of our 12 goals with 7.22 average rating in the league. I've never had anyone so deadly around the net.

The back line has been spectacular. 18-year old Central Defender Martin Walschaerts (7.24) has quickly matured into a big-time player. A 6.66 rating in 10 appearances last year, he takes over the full-time job and has been a rock. Right Back Lars-Kristian Fridjtofs (7.28) is putting the best season of his life at age 29.

My two promising kids Kenneth Vatvedt and Ferid Sejmenovic aren't quite ready to break into the first team yet but both have replaced tired legs in numerous matches so far and helped seal the wins for us.

Long way to go and I've had promising seasons in the past crumble before my eyes, but this is looking pretty good now folks!

2q8rhiq.jpg

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

June-July 2020

14o9doi.jpg

The roll continues. Sabah Mukaber bagged another 5 goals and 2 PoM awards as we extend our lead in the league heading into the summer Euro 2020 break. Mubaker is positioning himself to grab some awards this year. He now has 10 goals in 12(1) matches with 7.47 rating. AML Ole Jorgen Rolsasen had been relatively quiet so far this season but played a pivotal role in the victories over Fyllingsdalen and Nesodden, scoring a goal in both matches

I continue to be blessed by good luck on the injury front. Martin Walschaerts picked up a knock against Hodd that set him out 3 weeks, but it cost him just the 1 match away to Ottestad as he'll be able to recuperate during the break.

ipniwi.jpg

HamKam is keeping close however and an August 23rd showdown looms at our home grounds.​

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

August-September 2020

qp59ic.jpg

The first sign of disaster is the home draw against lowly Birkebeineren. Not the confidence booster we're looking for before our massive clash with HamKam. HK give us our first loss of the year in a heartbreaker that seen us hit woodwork 3 times and have a late goal disallowed. We bounced back away at Kjelsas as my youngster Ferid Sejmenovic came on at half and delivered a match winning brace. His first two goals of his professional career couldn't have come at a better time. At the end of August we are narrowly hanging onto the league by a lone point over HamKam. Despite our dream start and incredible 16-match unbeaten streak, the league title is very much still in doubt!

slo7k0.jpg

We're back on track! The Herkules draw was disappointed as we played extremely well but couldn't get it in. A showdown with 3rd place Skeid resulted in a dramatic 59th minute winner by my backup striker Erik Skjaestad while Sabah Mukaber was serving a yellow card accumulation suspension. The Sunday win was huge as HamKam had temporarily pulled ahead in the standings after their win on Saturday. Mukaber returned to the lineup and broke out of a mini-slump with a pair of goals vs relegation battlers Herd. HamKam was the Sunday Night match and we finally got the reprieve we were looking for.

f9pa1i.jpg

Hodd to the rescue gives us breathing room in our promotion challenge. The ball is in our court with some room for error, but Hodd might not be finished dream crushing just yet. We'll be travelling there in the final weekend of the season. Hopefully we can put this baby to bed before then or else that'll be one nervous bus ride.

20aba6u.jpg

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

October 2020

29egm14.jpg

I decide to spring a surprise on Fyllingsdalen. It may have seem risky given the success we've had all year long but I pulled out my rarely used 3-5-2 formation (my other tactics involve using just 1 striker). The move pays dividends almost instantly as my spare striker Erik Skjaestad finds himself in the penalty area and Sabah Mukaber's pass is inch perfect. Skjaestad makes no mistake and puts us up 1-0. That would be the half-time score. We gets halftime news that HamKam is in a scoreless battle.

A rather weak goalkeeping effort finds us all-square in the 54th minute. Our boys have been tough at home all year and it was once again time to rise to the moment. A mad scramble in front of the Fyllingsdalen goal nearly put us back ahead in the 63rd minute but the final effort by Skjaestad went wide. It would just be a temporary reprieve for the visitors. 4 minutes later, my one major signing last off-season Fabian Anderson would slide a cool pass through the defense and Christian Aas, making an overlapping run, would find himself one on one with the opposing keeper and neatly slide it under him for our 2nd goal. I switch to our 4-5-1 counter tactic after this goal, putting Fyllingsdalen in the unenviable position of having to break our frustrating possession game and defensive fortress. It wouldn't take too long before the away side folded. A colossal blunder on a Fyllingsdalen free kick resulted in midfielder Kjetil Bjorkedal picking up the ball at midfield with nothing in front of him but green grass and a frightened goalkeeper. Bjorkedal took his time and Didrik Sundling was hopeless to stop him. 3-1 and the rest of the match was a formality.

We get back into the locker room and get the news.

33vezjs.jpg

HamKam have botched a must-win home fixture against Valdres. Suddenly we are 6 points clear with 3 to play, as well as holding a decisive goal differential advantage. Things are looking certain now.

14b54jt.jpg

All it will take is 3 silly little points against dead bottom Ottestad on our turf!

I decide to remain aggressive and roll out the same aggressive 3-5-2 tactic as last week. There's no sitting back and playing it safe now. A light flurry begins to fall over our pitch as the crowd filters in. I can taste the title as the match begins. It would take just 2 minutes and 12 seconds. My rarely used 2nd striker Erik Skjaestad heads home a corner kick and suddenly we are on our way! It was barely 4 minutes later and Skjaestad does it again after a well place through ball from the right flank finds him. It's 2-0 and I'm not calling off the dogs. It's time for a Championship performance from this group in our last home match of the season! Skjaestad had found the net just 2 other times this season in his 4 starts and 8 substitute appearance. In the 16th minute the lanky forward decided to write his name in the books as he completes his remarkable hat-trick with another header goal. The crowd was in an uproar chanting his name when a spectacular save in the 18th denied him a FOURTH! Mukaber would do that for him a little later as we celebrated a rout!

Ham Kam would win their match to keep them within 6 points but when the goal difference is looked at, the drama is all over! I just won my second trophy!!

a0drph.jpg

We would secure 3 points the following weekend away at Nesodden and raise the trophy.

sv3n1h.jpg

A dominating performance that I'm thrilled with. It's been many seasons since I've been able to lift silverware and with all the close calls, this one is a special one!

There's questions going into this offseason. My contract with Nybergsund expires in December so I'm sure they'll be looking to extend me. Will there be any other clubs lurking in the shadows to pry their manager away? We will see! I checked the newspapers to see how my old club Tegs SK fared this year. They were narrowly relegated from the Swedish First Division North. Serves that chairman right.

Last edited:
Career Recap

Code:
Year - Club             League                             Pld   W   D   L   Pts

2020 - Nybergsund       Norwegian Second Division Group 2  26   19   6   1   63    1st    ***Champions, Promoted 
2019 - Nybergsund       Norwegian Second Division Group 2  26   11   8   7   41    4th
2018 - Tegs SK          Swedish First Division North       26   14   4   8   46    2nd    *Lost Promotion Playoff Final
2017 - Tegs SK          Swedish First Division North       26    8   7  11   31    9th
2016 - Tegs SK          Swedish First Division North       26   13   5   8   44    3rd 
2015 - Tegs SK          Swedish First Division North       26    9   5  12   32    10th   
2014 - Tegs SK          Swedish Second Division North      22   13   6   3   45    1st    ***Champions, Promoted
2013 - Tegs SK          Swedish Second Division North      22   11   8   3   41    2nd   
2012 - Tegs SK          Swedish Second Division North      22   11   4   7   37    4th

Last edited:
ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

Preseason 2020

We are off and running into the second-tier of Norwegian football. The Norwegian First Division consists of 16 clubs, 30 matches. The top 2 finishers are automatically promoted to the Norwegian Premier Division. The 3rd-6th finishers qualify for a promotion playoff. The bottom 4 teams (13th-16th) are relegated to the Norwegian Second Division.

I negotiated a 1-year deal with the chairman following the season. I could have gotten a two-year deal but I felt I was getting low-balled a little and thought if I can survive relegation, I can earn myself a better deal. The media is predicting us to finish 13th.

2128epw.jpg

I re-signed everybody from last year's squad. Nobody left. I signed numerous youth prospects that my scout turned up. None are anywhere close to contributing at the first-team level of the First Division. I managed to find loan partners for some of them so they'll be getting some quality first team action in the Second Division. The rest will fill out my reserve squad.

I only had one major signing as you can see from above. Joacim Heier is a veteran goalkeeper who has had a solid career in Norway, including some first-team action in the Premier Division a decade ago. He is now 35 years old and the press gave me some grief but I felt it was the #1 necessary upgrade I needed to make to the team, so I made the move. My keeper from last year, Anders Korsnes, will remain as the backup, but was just an average keeper for the Second Division and would have been one of the bottom GKs in the First Division. He wasn't an influential player so I feel safe in replacing him.

Expectations are to avoid relegation. The board opened up a $17k p/w player wage to me with some decent transfer funds. If we're struggling to stay off the bottom, I may make a move when the window opens in July. As it is, the team is practically unchanged from last year although 1 or 2 new faces might pop in off the bench from the reserves, our team chemistry that led to a title last seson is all there. If we have just as good of luck with injuries as we did in 2020, we should be able to stay up.

29mw0ab.jpg

Taking the same multi-tactic approach that was successful last year. My own personal evolution as an manager is beginning to progress. I'm really starting to learn what to do and when to do it.​

Last edited:
great story, i loved the norwegian second division, first division proved a big step up but maybe that was just for me

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

April/May 2020

2ugnuit.jpg

We got off to an electrifying start to the new league. The boys were rolling. The cracks started to show againt lowly Notodden and we had to steal a late equalizer to remain unbeaten, and then the walls started coming down. An embarassing performance away to Sandefjord left us reeling. We follow it up with a pathetic Norwegian Cup performance against a Second Division side. Honestly, I'm quite sick of going out early in these tournaments and it's something I'll put more emphasis on next yer. We returned from the Cup with another miserable performance against Honefoss. I begin to wonder if all these extra matches on short rest are causing our problems. We'd get our stuff together and grab 7 points from the next 4 matches to keep us in a very surprising.

Part of our bad form materialized with the injury of my best central defender Martin Walschaerts. He was injured in the Sogndal match and we've missed him. A torn hamstring has kept him out so far and it'll be another 3-6 weeks before he's useful again. Other nagging injuries to a few other players have forced us to play numerous players with no first team experience. One of them, 18-year old central defender Jon Rune Nyheim has drawn some interest from other clubs but he's still a step behind my top guys.

My big goal scorer has been a surprise, Ole Jorgen Rolsasen. The left midfielder/winger scored just 3 goals all last season in 25 appearances but has grabbed 5 in 10 this season along with 3 assists. The 27 year old is a lifetime Nybergsund lad and he's been at this level before prior to the clubs previous relegation from the tier. Sabah Mukaber has also fit in like a glove, providing 6 goals and 7.25. The one disappointment maybe my one signing this offseason. Joacim Heier hasn't been very good in goal yet and the press might push my buttons on him later this year if he doesn't turn it around.

My now 18-year old Bosnian Ferid Sejmenovic has taken over the fulltime AMC role which I'm excited about. He's played well enough in the role (9 app, 1 goal, 1 assist, 7.10), but I'm expecting some great things from him and I wouldn't be surprised if he had finished this year with some fireworks.

As it sits right now, avoiding relegation should be a breeze with the spot we are currently in. In the history of the league that I see, 34 points has always guaranteed survival and at the moment we're just 14 points away with 19 to play. If we can get healthy and stay healthy, we have might have a puncher's chance of promotion.

11c7exg.jpg

Last edited:
ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

June-August 2020

We had one match remaining before the summer break.

dy0ozc.jpg

It was a farce. But atleast we hit the break in decent position and several weeks to get our key players rested up.

6ite84.jpg

Now we're talking! This is the finest squad I've ever had the pleasure of managing. I'm thrilled with the way they've adapted to this level. A double move up the ladder into the Premier Division would be a dream come true and it's looking possible.

The Algard match was a thriller. Trailing 1-2 at halftime, a tactical adjustment sees us through as youngster Ferid Sejmenovic delivered the equalizer and Erik Skjaestad, brought on at halftime,scored the magical stoppage time winner.

At the transfer window, I made one move. I picked up 25-year old central midfielder Marius Lundemo on the cheap. He hasn't played in the First Division in 4 seasons but I felt he brought something to the squad. He allowed me some extra flexibility with squad selection. He has lightning speed for this level and has been known to elevate his game during big matches. He would score a late goal in his home debut vs Sogndal, coming on as a 71st minute sub.

Sabah Mukaber had run his goal tally up to 12 with a pair of goals vs Kongsvinger, but later in the match he would suffer a fractured arm that would keep him out of the matches for 4-5 weeks. He got through Honefoss without him, but we'll have to endure atleast 3 more without him.

utssm.jpg

3 points from the top. Let's do this!​

Daaaaamnit. I've been forgetting to check this story. Ah well, I'll get updated soon.

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

September 2020

1zc0bw0.jpg

Two key home fixtures in September go sour, putting us on the outside looking in. We rebounded nicely with two vital wins. Going into October, with 5 matches to play we are 3 points behind the leaders and 6 points clear of 7th place. The next two matches will be key. Home against place Sandnes Ulf and Away to co-leaders Bodo/Glimt. If we can get through those two match with points, our final 3 matches (H-Vard, A-Algard, H-Follo) will be good opportunity for points.

14jupmd.jpg

October 2020

2wpmt5e.jpg

Disasterous. We come out of the gates flying but a pathetic second half display coughs up 2 much needed points. We caught a break with Sandjford drawing but Bodo/Glimt were winners and they are now in prime position to win the title, unless we can do something about it next week.

35n59af.jpg

Match felt impossible from the start. They are clearly the cream of the division and they've had our number. They smashed us just before the summer break 5-2 on our field and they were equally dominate here. Thankfully, Sandefjord drew so our hopes of going directly up without a playoff remain possible. We have three very winnable matches remaining against a mid-table club and two relegation battlers. We are still 5 points clear for the playoff.

2rwb715.jpg

Shock home defeat is a death sentence for dodging the playoffs. We still should safely make the playoffs. With 2 to go, a 4 point lead seems safe enough but we really do not need two much pathetic performances like this

11tpeg1.jpg

Well done lads. With a match to go, we've secured a playoff spot. I gave some youngsters a run out and they ended our regular season fixtures with a 3-3 home draw to Follo. The club has been given a fantastic bonus of $580,000 for our finish but the work isn't quite done yet. A playoff is standing between us and the Premier Division.

1413vhl.jpg

THE PLAYOFF

fzbypj.jpg

As the 3rd team in the playoff, we'll be required to travel away to the 2nd team in. To those unfamiliar with this stage of the competition in Norway, there are three rounds. Each are single match knockouts. The winners of the first round match will face each other in the second round. The winner of the second round will face the 14th placed finisher of the Norwegian Premier Division, who are Fredrikstad. Fredrikstad are actually fresh off shocking 2-0 victory over Rosenborg to win the Norwegian Cup. In a few weeks they'll have another colossal match on their hands.

We only have one missing regular injured that will miss the first round match. Ole Jorgen Rolsasen suffered a leg injury a few weeks ago and narrowly missed being fit enough to participate. His 6 goals, 6 assists in 21 appearances will be missed, but we have to go with what we got.

We nearly struck instantly. In the 3rd minute my Right Back Lars-Kristian Fridtjofsen launched a great cross into the box that landed onto the head of my retiring midfield captain Asgeir Olafsson, but his header is right at the home side's keeper. Maybe Olaffson can postpone his retirement for atleast 1 more game? Fridtjofsen would launched another attack up the right side in the 22nd minute, finding my summer signing Marius Lundemo who took it down the end line and sent a perfect crosss in to Kjetil Bjorkedal, who was subbing in for the injured Rolsasen, but Bjorkedal couldn't put the volley on frame. A series of dangerous corner kicks from Sandnes Ulf were deterred but they'd eventually break through. 36th minute Thomas Juel-Nielsen puts our backs against the wall as we fall down 1-0. That'd be the halftime score. I made a pair of substitutions along with a tactic change. Ferid Sejmenovic, the young AMC, would be coming on. He's been training up a storm on the grounds but it's time for something special on match day.

But it was the home side who came out of the tunnel relaxed and filled with confidence. In the 51st minute they would double their tally. In the 57th they would put us away for good. Our form down the stretch just wasn't there and in all honestly, despite the very good season we had, this squad just wasn't ready to be a Premier side.

nwyj9g.jpg

We shocked the media with our results this year and I earned a sweet two-year $1600/wk contract extension. I got a pretty good squad coming back (minus two first-team retirements), and plenty of board room cash to improve the side as I see fit. It's time to bring in some major quality and lift this club into the Premier Division.

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

Preseason 2021

2i77lo8.jpg

The board took their profit from last year and expanded our stadium by 600 seats. This left little money to make a gigantic splash but there was enough to make a couple new additions.

We lost two first-teamers to retirement last year. LB Christian Halvorsen was one. He had played plenty for us last year and although I had a suitable replacement in 18 year old Kenneth Vatvedt, I felt he hasn't be developing quite fast enough yet, and he could start now, I decided to make bring in a veteran presence. 29-year old Finn Juuso Jarva is who my scout turned up. Hard working and lightning fast, he also has enough technical ability to push up and play left-midfield if necessary.

My other signing was 21-year old Mikael Halvorsen. He can play the right wing as well as give us depth at striker. He's well-balanced skill wise with very little weaknesses for this level and is not quite near his peak potential yet.

I still have some concern over the retirement of our captain Asgeir Olafsson. He was a huge presene in our midfield and alot of our team looked up to him. The focus of the team in preparations this offseason have underwhelmed me. Just a gut feeling, but I don't think there's a dream promotion on the horizon here. I'm also disappointed that no more youngsters have developed enough to break through into the squad. There's some good ones lurking but it might be another year before we see them.

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

April-June 2021

29ara14.jpg

A remarkable start to the seasons sees 5 consecutive draws, 4 of them scoreless. The bogey finally came against table title challengers Honefoss. It looked like we stolen a point halfway through the second half, but an 84 minute goal saw our unbeaten streak end. These draws aren't going to do it. Sabah Mukaber hasn't been good and is now scoreless in 6 matches, after scoring 14 goals in 25 last year. We're going to have to solve this problem. I'm thrilled with the way our defense has played but a switch to the more aggressive 3-5-2 formation may be in the cards. I haven't felt comfortable playing that yet this year because my second striker Erik Skjaerstad picked up a broken toe in preseason and has missed the first month and may be out another two weeks yet. I'm not terribly confident My offseason pickup Mikael Halvorsesn also picked up a knock a few games ago but when he returns, he also may get a look in the #2 striker role of the 3-5-2. The draws left us in 11th place at the end of the month. It's time to start getting points.

34np8y1.jpg

We kicked off may with a thriller as a stoppage time goal finally gave me my first cup win of any kind in Norway. We couldn't immediately translate that into league play and we lost a devastating Round 2 tie away to Levanger but the boys start playing much better. Mukaber finally got going and scored a couple for us. 10 points from our last 4 matches propped us up in the standings. The title has become nearly impossible now as Honefoss has remained unbeaten and the class of the division. But we head into the summer break with promotion still within arm's length.

14dd11j.jpg

My scout recommended a veteran goal scorer to me. 34-year old striker Jonas Faraasen Olsen. He's remarkebly still very physically able for his age and with 127 career goals in 234 appearances, I think he has alot to offer us as we struggle to find the net. I'm very intrigued by the idea of pairing him with Mukaber. We got a deal done and he'll be joining us July 15th right before we return from summer break.

ac90z5.gif

Nybergsund IL Trysil

Norwegian First Division

July-September 2021

qo92ci.jpg

A mixed bag of results. The Pors loss was disappointing, but a home draw againsts promotion contenders Ull/Kisa was nothing to be ashamed of. We just need more of this if we're going to get into the playoffs. The new guy Jonas Faraasen Olsen is already contributing with a 2 assists in his first four matches. He's fitting in well. We scored 7 goals in our first 11 league matches of the year, so to score 5 in 4 matches right after the break is marked improved! We have some very important fixtures coming up in August. Virtully all of them are against teams in the upper half looking to go up, so we must come away with some victories.

2uo2uec.jpg

A great start to the month went sour very quickly. If we don't turn this **** around soon, we're going to miss the playoffs all together. We are now sitting in 7th position with 29 points, staring up at Strommen(32), Sandes Ulf(32), Mjondalen(33). An away clash against Sandes Ulf in 4 days will be extremely vital. Morale is dirt low and it's time for someone to step up!

35n08yx.jpg

I've never been more disappointed and disgusted at one of my teams as I was after the home loss to Asker. A 5-match losing streak put us 7 points back of the playoff. I was absolutely furious. To their credit, the guys picked themselves up, grabbing 7 points in the next 3 matches, including a CRUCIAL win over Strommon who are sitting in the final playoff spot. We got some mojo back after that spectacular performance. There's 4 matches remaining, all of them vital. The first three are against relegation battlers and then a final difficult away match against title contenders Ull/Kisa.

2ujjx2c.jpg