From France to London: Arsene Wenger the full story

Reaction score
Well i have seen a lot of stories that have been for managers past loved the story for Sir Alex by KINGERIC :D. So decided to do one on one the best tacticians in the game.
I plan to start at AS Cannes (Wenger only was assistant manager there but the j league is not avilable so decided to start with them). Then the other teams i can manage are Nancy, AS Monaco and obviously Arsenal.

As Cannes have approached Arsene Wenger about the vacancy. Wenger has signed a one year contract with AS Cannes.
As Cannes: Currently sitting in the National Division two divisons bellow AS Nancy and AS Monaco.

The expectations: The board expect a respectable gain promotion. With a budget of £350.000and wage buget of £18,000.
The squad is ageing and with no money to upgrade the facilties it seems the Aresen Wenger will need to bring in some recurits to help with the short term expectations.

Last edited:
Good luck, looking forward to this as much as I did Eric's.

Good luck mate looking foward to this and how you do.

thanks guy will put a pre season update today, won't be getting right into the season prob until monday night as staying at the GF all weekend.

**** I was planning to do it with Wenger heh, never mind though.

Pre Season update

After a very mixed pre season Wenger side have changed in the tranfers window with five players coming in and five players leaving. With a very poor youth set up and the board refusing to upgrade it. Wenger has had to deal with bargin buys. Wenger said to a local French paper that he feels the experience the Cyril Domoraud will bring to the team vital tp the teams push for promotion. With Pierre La Van been watched by arsenal and liverpool. The first thing Wenger had to do was sign the young player on a pre contract. After speaking to a local french newspaper Wenger stated "that he was delighted with the signing of such a hot prospect in the club and expteced the player to go and become a very good player, but says he will not stand in the players way when he chooses to leave the club".

Wenger also brought in some new staff to the squad. With the sqaud ready for the start of the new season Wenger is said to be very happy with the tean overall. Wenger stated" although the pre season results haven't been the best i feel that we showed what we can do in games and i feel we have enough quality to get out this league but it will be hard".

Season update: This is a two month update.

Saint Raphel: analysis; overall we played good however should have won by more. But happy with clean sheet and victory. Team are gelling quite well.

Update: Still no parent club found by the board:

Amiens SC Football: We won again 1 nil, i will be happy if we win every game this season one nil and get promotion. Overal we played well should have won the game big a bigger margin but the players are still getting used to the formation.

Pacy Football:
We should have never lost the game. We were favourites going into this game. However we managed to lose it. It was reported the Wenger had been furious with his players and "demanded a better performance in the next match".

US Cretil: Wenger" we were maginifcant what a result from the boys" This performance was a a joy to behold and the manner of winning the game as well in preventing the other team from scoing was the most satisfying fact for Wenger.

Cuisaeux: This was a good game for the nautral but not for either manager as both teams leaked goals. Cannes should have won the game as they had the chances later on in the match but were just not clincal enough. When Wenger was asked about the match he responed "we need to improve" !!!

US Luzenc: The team just didnt turn up. We didnt play well from back to front. Wenger said that "we were simply not good enough"

Pressure was starting to mount on Wenger after the last two losses left his team sitting in 9th position. The team had to get back to winning ways in the next match if promotion was a possibility.

End of august Review

Best performance: Cannes 2-0
US Cretil (away).
Star performer: Frederick Fouret 4 goals in 6 matches
poor performance 1 nil loss at home to pacy football :(

September

Hyeres:
Wenger needed a performance and a victory from his team and he got one. The team comfortably brushed aside Hyeres FC who were just not upto the challenge on the day.
Wenger although never said anything about the possibly of this been a vital match for the teams push for promotion. He stated that " every match is important in our season if we want to gain promotion".

SO cassis Carnoux:
Another win and another good performance from the team. We seem to win comfortably and stop the oppostion from scoring when we do win. Wenger after the match said to a local French News paper "i feel this team are improving with every match".

Rodez Aveyron Football: Wenger" we were lucky to get something out of this match"
With Cannes not playing to their best and conceding easily Wenger had to wait until the 85 minute before securing a point. Wenger commented after the game " i do not want a repeat of this kind of performance again and i do not want to leave it until the last minute for a point or a win".

FC Rouen:
Good performance and a good win for the team here. Should have perhaps won by more considering we were favourites going into the game. But just couldnt find the second goal. But we done enough to win the game. Wenger stated after the game " these type of games wins you promotion, we have showed here we have some fight in this team".

AS Beauvais Oise: what a result we dominated this game and overall 4-1 did represent the dominance we had. The corner settings are working a treat with two goals from a corner :D.
After the game when Wenger was approached from a journalist he was asked if the team had worked on set pieces: "yes we have, but i want to win every game in the season if that means working on different aspects of the game then we will do that".

Best Performance: 4-1 against AS Beauvais Oise

Star player Karim Haderbache 2 goals 2 asists and average rating of 7.35 from four games (injured for first game).

Poor performance: would have to be the only game we didnt win were we draw level soo later in the game:

Overall good month unbeaten in the league :D

October results

ESTAC: Well this was a make or break game for me. This team were currently sitting 1st in the league. What a result the 3-1 score line was more than merrited by the boys as the clearly showed that they had more quality in the final third.

Stade Plabenncois: This was a poor result. Although we didnt lose we could have opened up a two point gap at the top of the league. This Draw allowed my rivals to level on points at the top.

FC Gueugnon: This was a decent result. A draw away from him is never bad. However with the start we made to the game scoring in the ten minutes i was expecting us to go and win it comfortably and we jsut couldnt get the second goal which came back to haunt us.

Aviron Bayonnais: This was a great performance from thr whole team. We dominated the whole game and the 4-1 scoreline was truly justified. All i can Say Fouret again !!!!!!

Paris FC: Really poor result from the team. Although didnt expect to win expected to get at least a draw from the game. We have to play better in the next game.

AS Moulins: Really good result. We played well againsr a good team who are in the promotion fight. Wenger said after the game" this was a vital win in the race for promotion".

Best performance: The victory of ESTAC we played well and deserved the win.

Star player: agian there can only be one candate with 4 goals and one MOM award in six games, Fredrick Fourte

Weakest performance: Has to be the nil nil draw at home agianst Stade Plabenncois, i just can't say anything postiive about this at all.

November Results

November Results:

Evain TG FC: WE just didnt turn up here. They were the better side and deserved the win. This however did not stop Arsene Wenger after game from telling the media that he felt the team can player better than that. Wenger Stated" the team were awful, we can play better than this and they players know it!!!!".

Stade De Reims: This was a match for both fan and the manager to forget about. I got from a minor blip in the first few minutes (conceeding a goal) to a disaster with the sending off. When approached and asked about the squads discipline Wenger answered " there is no problems with my squad and we have the mentality when going into a game, the object is to win. If there was no rash challeneges in football it would not be a phsycial a sport would it?" The respone went down well with the fans but the media have taken a disliken to Wenger.

Amines SC Football : A vital win, we played well and go the win that was vital for our promotion push. Wenger stated after the game to a local french reported "we played well and we deserved the win" after been asked was this a do or die match Wenger answered a bit bemused "every macth is a do or die match is it not?"

Marignane: French cup: Comfortable win, one we were expected to win.. Wenger played some of the fringe players in this match to give them a run out and also try out the two new signings.
Signings: Ramzi Tarchoun, Jonas Pillot. Wenger "these signings will provide back up to my strike force".

Pacy Football : This teams seems to be my boguey team as i have not beat them yet and drawn and lost to a team i should be beating comfortably according to the before match press. Althoough this is a slip up doesnt really dent out promotion push too much.

Best Performance would have to be the victory against Amines SC as they were sitting two points above us in the promotion fight.

Star player: This month i reall dont think one player really stood out with the three terrible performances in the League.

Worst performance would have to be the draw away from home against Pacy Football.