From France to London: Arsene Wenger the full story

November/December results

November results:

We needed a good performance in this month to keep our promotion push,

Nimes Olympique V AS Cannes: We just didnt play well and overall they deserved the win. Arsene Wenger stated after the game that "we need to do better".

AS Cannes v Stade Brestois 29: We won this game but in truth the result should have been far more convicing than 3-2. I am happy with the win after the last two deafeats.

French cup:

Langon- Castets v AS Cannes: Result never in doubt we controlled the game from the off. The five goal margin was more than deserved and could have been more. Arsene Wenger asked after the game about playing the fringe players he said " i want to use my whole squad. No disrespect to Langon- Castets i jsut wanted to give the rest of the team a run out".

FC Lorient v AS Cannes: Back to league action and we played one of the teams expected to earn promotion this season and a draw was a good result. Esspecially since we came back from 3-1 down to claim a point. Could have won it with the penalty but overall a draw was a fair result.

AS Cannes v Stade Lavallois: We should have won this game. I am very disapointed with the performance and the result. However every point is crucial in this league.

Best performance Langon- Castets v AS Cannes
Best player Yaya Sanogo 3 goals in 4 league games.
Worst performance
AS Cannes v Stade Lavallois:

December results :

Le Mans UC 72 v AS Cannes: Didnt expect anything from this game. They were just too good and the win never looked in doubt for them. I was disapointed in the performance of our players as i feel that if they could have rised their performance a bit higher.

AS Cannes v RC Strasbourg: Good win against a team who are in free fall since leaving the top division in French football. I am happy with a win after the previous weeks performance.

Fench cup:

Schiltigheim v AS Cannes: This was an ok performance but really should have won by a bigger margin but i will take this as we are into the next round of the cup.

AS Cannes v Angers Sco: Back to league action and we need to win our home games. This is a really disapointing result as we really should be beating most teams at home.

News update:

Monaco have sacked their manager: Arsene Wenger has applied for the post however on this occasion he has not been successful.

Will update Jan feb later on tonight.

Final season review

After a mixed season. AS Cannes have finished in 10th position. They had a chance to win promotion but just fell off the trail towards the end of the season.

Big success of the season was the signing of james Rodriguez. He was important player in the run in towards the end of the season before he suffered hip injury which will keep him out for 3 months. He scored 5 goals in 11 games and 1 assist. The future looks good with him in the midfield.

Overall this was a decent season as we didnt get relegated and we played well in most of our games.

Expectation next season would be to get into league 1.

Perre la Van has left the club on a £3.2 million deal.