From France to London: Arsene Wenger the full story

Season:

Well i have finished the season but i will give you the update in a couple of days as its the weekend haha. A lot of last day drama in my first season :D

League finale first season

]Sorry i havent went into much detial in the final part of the season but ended up played from december until may. In the league we were playing well lost 2 games from december up to about april which was promotion fight material. I was still at thime moment sitting in fourth though my rivals didnt seem to be dropping that many points. Lost out in the french cup but was pleased with the decent run we got.
The final three games were going to determine if i got promotion or not. I was sitting 4 points off the top and one points off second.

To set-up for a final last three day drama. The first game was against Evian TG FC who were currently 1st and have been sitting there for almost half the season. Stade de Remis where the second match and they were two points ahead of me. And the third match was against allready relagated EFC Frejus Saint Rephale. This was going to a be a tricky task. Two home games and a away game.

I was now in the position where i jsut needed to win the three two out of the three remaining games to gain promotion.

The drama unfolds ..........................................

Last edited:
The final games

Cannes Vs Evian TG FC:

Kick off:

12mins: goal for AS ~Cannes Fredrick Fourte scores and gives AS CAnnes the lead.

Evian TG FC are fighting there way back into the match and Brian Reilly is happy to go in at half time 1 nil up.

Second half starts:

Goal: As Cannes score Karim Haderbache makes it 2 nil and surely gives AS Cannes the victory.

This now means that if the league comes down to head to head between Evian TG FC and AS Cannes. AS Cannes will win because Evian only beat Cannes 1 nil the last time round.

This victory put AS Cannes into second with jsut one point behind Evian TG FC.

Second match:

As Cannes VS Stade De Remis:

As Cannes needed this win to stay in the promotion fight.

Kick off:

Goal: It was a terible start for AS Cannes as Stade De Remis took the lead with a goal after 13 mins through Vincent Graginac.

Stade De Remis were starting to pull the strings and causing Arsene Wenger to worry.

Then......... Goal on 38 mins Fredrick Fourte puts As Cannes back into the match.

Half time 1 all.

55 mins Goal!!!!!! AS Cannes and its that man again Fredrick Fourte. Vital goal at the right time. Surely we could go and win it now?

Goal ............ 69 mins Stade De Remis Shiva Star N'Zogia

79 mins AS Cannes have a penalty. Fredrick Fourte steddies his self takes his run up and ............................ cooly places the ball into the net.

Final Whistle As Cannes 3-2 Stade Remis.

AS Cannes are now top of the league by two points after Evian TG FC lost away to home to Rodez Averyron Football.

The final game all AS Cannes had to do was draw and they would win the league because if Evian Won they would be level and AS Cannes would still win.

Final Match:

EFC Rejus Saint Raphel Vs AS Cannes

Kick off:

Goal Ludovic Viltard scores for EFC Rejus Saint Raphel after 27 mins and this doesnt look good for AS Cannes.

In the other game Between Stade De Remis and Evian TG FC it was goalless.

Goal 44 mins : Then just before half time Stephanie Leoni scores to make it 1 all.

Half time 1-1

Goal 47 mins Karim Haderbache put AS Cannes 2-1 up. If they could just hold out till the end of the game.

New broke of the goal for EVian TG FC on 68 mins.

Then on 80 mins EFC Rejus Saint Raphel score to make it 2-2 Mohamd Zooube.

Full time 2-2

CHAMPIONS OF THE NATIONAL DIVISION!!!!!!!

Arsene Wenger is Hailed for his work at AS Cannes after leading them to a league win in his first year in charge. With the league won on head to head this makes it even more satisfying for Arsene Wenger.

Fredrick Fourte is my player of the year he has scored 22 goals in 38 games and came up with the goals when i needed them the most.

Arsene Wenger : I feel that we played sensational this year and we will be a breath of fresh air in the divsion 2. After speculation of Arsene Wenger leaving the club was rife after the league win, Wenger stated "i will not be leaving until i finish my task here at AS Cannes and that is to lead them into the top division"

The fans are expected tp be overjoyed with Wengers commitment to the club however they must be wondering how long they can hold on such a young tallented manager.

Arsene Wenger also signed three players in janurary but has used them sparingly because of the form of the rest of the players in the team.

The signing of the season: Patrick Beneforti 5 goals and 11 assists out of 28 games.

pre contract: Fancisco Donzelot has signed a pre contract to sign in july transfer window.

Well done. Keep it up
Thanks mate not been on for a while. Going start second season tmorrow night :D

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:40 AM ----------

Hey guys will give update for second season tmoz as nearly into first game of league campign update will be on friday been very busy lately. Will only post if anyone is wanting to read though

Hey guys just to let you know, i will be continuing the thread. Just waiting on steam getting back to me on how to fix my steam account. I will continue even if no one follows anyway liked my first season too much.

2nd season

Newly promoted AS Cannes are gearing up for the start of the new season. The National Champions are looking to survive in League 2. The media predict that AS Cannes will survive but a mid table finish looks likely.

AS Cannes boss Arsene Wenger has set a minuim expectation this season of finishing mid table. The tranfser kitty was looking very nice this season with the champions finish and promotion to the League 2. £3.24 million with a wage budget of £35.5k.

This is massive change to the previous season. With the club now moving into the professional ranks only time will tell how long they can stay there.

Transfers:
In:
Nacer Barazite season long loan from Arsenal
Francisco Donzealot orginally signed on a pre contract
Yaya Sanogo season long loan from Manchester City
Mamadou Wague signed for £2m from FC Le Mans
Rodrigo Possebon season long loan

Out:
Free transfers:
Samuel Boutal
Guillaume De Courcy
Anthoy Barron
Tarchoun Ramzi
Aglassimo Balde
Jonas Pillot

Pre season Freindlies

I am not going into too much detial with the freindlies. My star man has been Sanogo who has scored 8 goals in 3 starts and 3 sub appearences.

Overall i am happy with the results. I am not taking to much from the red star game as it was just a freindly. We are playing well though. Just hope we can take this into the new season. Will do a start of season update tommorrow.

Yaya! Great! If you check out my Fergie story Sanogo is immense for me in 2020

Yaya! Great! If you check out my Fergie story Sanogo is immense for me in 2020

:( i tried to sign Yaya sanogo, succeeded in my first save when i also beat AS Monaco 4-0 but had to start again with my wenger emulation because i downloaded the J league database. Yaya unsuprisingly preferred Madrid to ASNL!!

Good luck mate, check out my version.. (sorry to spam..)

:( i tried to sign Yaya sanogo, succeeded in my first save when i also beat AS Monaco 4-0 but had to start again with my wenger emulation because i downloaded the J league database. Yaya unsuprisingly preferred Madrid to ASNL!!

Good luck mate, check out my version.. (sorry to spam..)
Cheers mate, yeah i couldnt be bothered with the J-League plus i feel this is a good challenge getting AS Cannes as high as up i can get them in the french divisons. Yeah Yaya is the man though cant afford him as he has only just signed for chelsea.

Peirre Le Van

With Speculation rising about the future of Peirre Le Van. The player has been showing signing of developing into a good footballer. With Le Van handing in a transfer request and AS Cannes having no choice but to accept it leaves AS Cannes fans wondering are they going to lose their star player.

French new report appraoched Arsene Wenger about the subject and this was the response: "I feel that Le Van can muture into a brilliant footballer under my guidance and support. He has the makings to be a very good centerback. I have been talking with Le Van and have urged him to stay to try and help AS Cannes win promotion to the top tier. AS well as this i have said he will not get gurrantted football every week if he goes to play for Liverpool or Manchester United.
Le Van doesnt play the now because of the situation we find our selfs in with this secnario and i dont want a player who doesnt want to give 100% on the field. "

With AS Cannes wanting at least £2m for their star player it wont be long until he leaves only time will tell.

August Matches

Start of new Season:

AS Cannes v SC Bratsia: What a performance, we just started soo brightly. WE just overpowered them and they just couldnt handle our attacking threat.

AS Cannes v RC Strasboug: This was a brilliant result considering we were not favourites going into the game. We also got battered about the pitch for about 91 mins but they couldnt find the second goal. I am soo proud of the boys and hopefully we can get a good result in our next game.

AS Cannes v Angers SCO : This was a poor performance. We just didnt turn up and the other team deserved their win. Arsene Wenger has said he is expecting a better performance in his next game.

AS Cannes v Evian TG FC: This was a game we needed to win and we didnt. Although i am happy with a point i feel that we should have beat Evian easily.

AS Cannes v Dijon FCO: Terrible result. Not only didnt we play well we lost the game but a good number of goals. The only plus i can take from this game is that we dont give up as we kept fighiting until the ref blew the whistle.

Best performance: the 4 nil win over SC Bratsia

Worst performance: 5-3 defeat agianst Dijon FCO

Weakest player: Vincent Di Bartomelo

Best Player: The only player that can be given this award only played three games so really cant give him it. Will give it to the performance on the opening day.

Transfer update:

Fran Merida has signed from Arsenal on season long loan.

September and October results:

AS Cannes vs FC Lstres OP: We needed this win afte the humilating defeat. Wengr "We played wel and this is all i ask from the players."

USBCO v AS Cannes: First away win!!!!!! i was so proud of the boys we didnt give up and played until the last minute even though they had the majortiy of the play.

AS Cannes v Clermont Foot 63: Another good victory. Our defence is leaking goals but i am happy with the win. Hopefully in our next game we can tighten up at the back. On the positive side we are on a three match unbeaten run.

Amiens SC Football v AS Cannes: Still undeafted. Wasn't our best game but i will take a point away from home in this one.

October results

AS Cannes v Stade Malherbe Caen: What a result, we are just unstoppable the now. We played well in this game. Wenger got his tactics spot on and won the game with ease in the end.

AS Cannes v FC Nantes: We played well but overall should have won the game. I am happy we didnt lose though. We still remain unbeaten after a 6 match run.

La Berrichonne AS Cannes: Unbeaten run comes to an end. This was a poor performance by the players. Wenger has said after the game "i expect the players to pick themselfs up for the next game"

AS Ajaccio v AS Cannes: We won this game but in all honesty the result was never in doubt. We outplayed the opposition and really should have won by a bigger margin.

moz-screenshot-8.png
AS Cannes v Tours FC: Our first home defeat and Wenger has said he was disapointed by the performance of the offcials. " The officials were terrible today, we scored two good goals and they choped them off. I do admit they we still should concentrate on our game and win but how can you with decisions like that!!!!! "

September best performance : AS Cannes vs FC Lstres OP
Worst performance Amiens SC Football v AS Cannes
Best player Jermey Gavaon

October Best performance AS Cannes v Stade Malherbe Caen:
Worst performance AS Cannes v Tours FC
Best player Kamel Ramdini 3 goals in five matches.