Status
Not open for further replies.
Extract from Sid's Blog
7th August
I have been working hard over the past few weeks. Though I have not made any more first team appearances, I have been playing well for the reserves. Yaya and I have started to develop a good understanding up top. We won both the games 2-0 with Yaya and me scoring a goal apiece in both games. Yaya even picked up the M.O.M in the second game.

The coaches here are pleased with my fitness levels and my athleticism but want me to improve on my positioning and on how well i read the game. Ryan has also been helping me to improve in these aspects with some important pointers.
12th August
The gaffer called me into his office today. He told me that he has decide to remove from the loan list. He was pleased with my performances with the reserves of late and wanted to use me more in the first squad. I was over the moon. Now I have to work harder try and get as much 1st team football as i can.

Last edited:
21st August 2009 Entry from the journal of Mr. A
Representing both Sid and Peter Michels does add some weight to my portfolio but today I saw a slight negative to it also.
I had arranged for Sid to make an appearance at an event where a number of prominent members were to be present and he would have gotten a lot of media coverage. But he was so tired from playing two games in two days that he couldn't make it. When I decided to do something about them pushing him so hard I realised I would have to pick a fight with Peter, my other client. But Peter explained that he thought Sid was up to it and the fact that he scored in both games should only help Sid from my point of view also. Now this was something i had no reply to:S. Also I did not want to spoil my relations with Peter so I let the matter drop. But I cant help but wonder what I would do if Sid and Peter parted ways.oO)
---------------------------------------------------
Match Results
Birmingham 0-5 Man Utd [Ferdinand(2), Sid, Rooney(2)]
Hull Res. 0-1 Man Utd Res. [Sid]
-----------------------

Kindly post your comments and let me know what you think of the story and the format so far.

Last edited:
Peter Michels' Journal
31st August 2009
West Ham 1-1 Man Utd [Rooney]
After hammering Birmingham 5-0 everyone expected us to run over West Ham also, but I only have myself to blame as we only drew 1-1. My decision to experiment with our tactics saw us put in a horrendous performance and we are lucky to have drawn.
Burnley 0-5 Man Utd [Berbatov(2), Rooney(2), Hamsik]
The last game of the month was against Burnley and I decided to use it to get the team's confidence back and again start building up a winning momentum. And the lads showed that they have the mentally to be champions. The youngsters performed well and the seniors showed why they have been winning the league for the past three years.

Last edited:
Extract taken from an article by a popular writer at FM-BASE.CO.UK
As the transfer window has wound up it seems to me that Man Utd have been the team to make the most sensible purchases, though I might say I am little biased as they are my favourite team. Here is what they did during the window:
IN

Marek Hamsik £22.5million​
United's most expensive purchase this season. A blend of youth and talent, Hamsik is not only one for the future but can play for the first team straight away. He is already proving to be a great buy with 3 assists and 1 goal in 5 games.
View attachment 38722

Mamadou Sakho £19million​
This young central defender is to form United's back along with Evans. He proved he was worth his tag by putting in a Man of the Match performance on his debut and scoring a goal as well. Another wonderful buy.
View attachment 38726

Stevan Jovetic £15.5million​
With Nani requesting to be transfer listed and looking set to move out the gaffer wasted no time in bringing in a replacement. And now that Nani has stayed, Michels has an amazing wealth of talent for the wings. Has been performing well and seems to be adapting well ot the squad.
View attachment 38721

Jano Ananidze £4million​
This young lad is definitely one for the future. Loads of potential and the drive and will to reach it.
View attachment 38725

Yaya Sanogo £3million​
Yet another wonderkid brought in. Set to form United's attacking duo along woth Sid in the future.
View attachment 38724

James Rodriguez £3million​
Yet another wonderkid, has been putting in some good performances for the reserves.

OUT
Park Ji-Sung £8.5million​
With Nani being shifted to the right due to Jovetic's arrival, Park was found surplus to requirements and was shipped off.

Great to see your player score in the friendly! Good start to the story, original idea, well done

Great to see your player score in the friendly! Good start to the story, original idea, well done

thanks a lot mate:) hes scoring quite consistently for the reserves also and a few for the senior squad. will update all that a little later. going back to sleep now.

This is making great reading mate - will be interesting to see if the player becomes a world class player, lets hope he dont turn out like John Terry and Ashley Cole :D

Monthly report for the board by Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan
The month started on a positive for the club with the manager coming in 3rd position for Manager of the month for August, Rooney coming in runner up in August player of the month and Sid and Sakho coming in 2nd and 3rd respectively in the August Young player of the month.
With 6 games this month and none of those for the first 11 days we had a slightly congested schedule but we came out successful with 5 wins and a draw.

Everton 0-2 Man Utd [ Rooney(2) ]
Wayne put in a wonderful performance to lead the team to victory. Of some concern was a slight knock picked up by Jovetic.
Dinamo Kiev 0-1 Man Utd [Giggs]
Just 3 days after the Everton game with some key players understandably a little tired. A decent result under the circumstances. Valencia picked up the man of the match and set up Giggs' goal.
Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd [Jovetic, Giggs, Berbatov]
A wonderful result for us. Giggs put in another great performance and completely controlled the pace of the match. But with Jovetic and Valencia both picking up injuries the gaffer was forced to switch tactics in the second half.
Newcastle 1-4 Man Utd [Fletcher(3), Berbatov]
Injuries to Jovetic and Valencia forced the manager to start with a diamond formation and the midfield was totally dominated by us. Fletcher was flawless and deserved all his goals. Hamsik also performed well by setting up to goals though he missed a late penalty.
Wigan 1-2 Man Utd [Rooney, Sid]
Yet another dominating performance by Rooney. He scored and set up Sid's goal. Sid's performance was also pleasing to watch and he showed his immense potential by creating a few moments of pure magic.
CSKA Moscow 3-3 Man Utd [Ferdinand, Berbatov, Fletcher]
Not the best of results but neither was it one of our worst. After trailing by two goals at half time, he manager gave a highly motivating team talk and got the team fired up. Three goals in 11 mins saw us turn the game around though a late goal saw us miss out on a victory.Fletcher was the pick of the players this time.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sid also scored a goal each in the month's first two reserve games thereby scoring in 5 consecutive matches he has played in.:D

Last edited:
2nd October 2009 Entry from the journal of Mr. A
Life is a certainly a bittersweet experience. On one hand I have recently signed on an exceedingly talented youngster and helped him get into one of the greatest clubs in the world, and another one of my clients got hired as manager at the same club. My CV is one any agent would be envious of. BUT. But life does have its ups and downs. On a recent visit to Spain I tried to add the Zuculini brothers to my client list, but they rejected my offers to represent them. I had been confident of signing on atleast one of them and had already started telling people how close I was to signing them. On top of my failure to sign either of them the fact that the younger brother Bruno Zuculini will join Manchester United next season just provides my friends and colleagues with more material to make fun of me. My failure to sign him despite my client being manager at the cub he was set to sign might make prospective and current clients question my abilities. Also my stupid bragging about signing them has resulted in me loosing some credibility. I will just have to work hard to try and make up for my mistakes.

Extract from Sid's Blog
5th October 2009
Well it seems like I am beginning to find it more and more difficult to update here on a regular basis. Training, games and travelling hardly leave all that much time for coming online. But now that I am here why dont I tell you what has been up with my life of late. The past month started well. I had scored in the last three consecutive games I had taken part in and then had 2 reserve games before the senior squad had any games. I managed to score in both the games, thereby scoring in 5 consecutive games. I was confident that I would get the chance to participate in more senior games. But I was in for a disappointing month. I didnt make a single appearance for the senior squad last month. At the same time I didnt score in the next few reserves games. I had a specially bad game against the Man city reserves as we lost 3-0.
But at the beginning of the month the assistant manager, Mike Phelan told me that i would get more chances this month.
Our first game of the month was against Hull City. The first half ended 0-0. The gaffer brought me and Evra on at half time. We took the lead within 4 minutes. Wayne then added two more to seal the game. I had two shots on target and played well enough.
Hull City 0-3 Man Utd[ Fletcher, Rooney(2)]22nd October 2009
Another satisfying two weeks as I made another appearance for the first team.
Our next match was against Sunderland. We played horrendously but Wayne scored deep into extra time to save us an embarrassing draw.
Sunderland 0-1 Man Utd[ Rooney] Next up was an european clash against Wolfsburg. We completely dominated the first half, going up 3-0 within 34 mins. The gaffer brought on me and Welbeck at half time for Jovetic and Berbatov to give them some rest.
Wolfsburg 0-3 Man Utd[O'shea, Fletcher, Berbatov]

Last edited:
Abstract from monthly report for the board by Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan

Man Utd[Berbatov, Rooney(2),Hamsik] 4-1 Wolves
View attachment 40734
Next we faced Wolves at home in a match we were expected to have no problems in and the lads duly delivered. Two more goals and an assist from Rooney saw him pick up the M.O.M award. New signings Hamsik and Jovetic continued to impress with a goal and an assist respectively.
Man Utd[Berbatov, Rooney,Giggs] 3-1 Man City (Carling Cup)
View attachment 40733
Possibly the most important match of the month saw us face our fierce rivals in a Carling Cup tie. The match was thoroughly entertaining. Van der Saar was the pick of our players as he kept City at bay as City unleashed a fierce attacking barrage in the second half.
Aston Villa 2-2 Man Utd[Giggs(2)]
View attachment 40732
The last match of the month saw us travel to Villa park. The highlight of the match was an amazing performance by Giggs as he scored two goals in two minutes in an first half we completely dominated. But two goals in the second half saw Villa draw level. An injury to Giggs late in the match was also a cause for concern. Youngster Sid came on as an substitute in the match and put in a solid performance.

Last edited:
Is the format of the story good? Also any suggestions how to improve the thread as very few people seem to be following it. so please imform me of any way i can improve it(A)

Extract taken from an article by a popular writer at FM-BASE.CO.UK
As I write this editorial I can only think about how much of a disappointment this month has been for Manchester United. Being an United fan myself I have decide to write up an editorial about why this November might have been the month that just might see United start to fall behind in the title race as they lost both their league games this past month.

Wolfsburg 1-2 Man Utd [ Berbatov(2) ] (Champions League)

View attachment 40793
A fairly boring game, neither team deserved to win. Two strikes by Berbatov gave Man Utd a scrappy victory. But the better performance was by Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko who United boss Michels is reportedly interested in buying at the end of the season. A poor performance was but an indication of things to come this month.

Man Utd [ Rooney] 1-2 Man City
View attachment 40792
A rematch of the previous months Carling cup tie, it was City that came out on top in this Manchester derby. Rooney's strike in the 20th minute gave United the lead but an abysmal performance by Evans saw City equalise 10 minutes later. A pathetic 2nd half saw City completely dominate and United must count themselves lucky not to have lost by a greater margin. " We were completely to blame today. The defense was particularly to blame and Vidic's injury just causes more problems" was how manager Michels responded when asked about the game. The defeat saw United loose the league top spot to City.

Chelsea1-0 Man United
View attachment 40789
United next faced an in form Chelsea at Stanford Bridge. Their poor run of form continued as Chelsea won the match thereby leapfrogging United to 2nd in the standings. Infuriated United manager decided to skip the press conference.

Man Utd [Tosic, Rooney(2), Hargreves] 4-2 Dinamo Kiev (Champions League)
View attachment 40791
Following back to back defeats United desperately needed a victory.Early goals by Tosic and Rooney gave United a comfortable lead by half time. But two quick goals after the break saw Kiev draw level. It seemed United might loose yet another game but goals from Rooney and Hargreves saw United win comfortably in the end.

Fulham 0-3 Man Utd [ Berbatov, Rooney(2) ] (Carling Cup)
View attachment 40790
Even though the Carling Cup sits low on United's priorities this year, manager Peter Michels decide to field a full strength squad to regain some much needed confidence. A stunning performance by Wayne Rooney with 2 goals and an assist ensured that United ended the month on a high.

Here's the update for December. It will be followed by a mid season update containing league tables and so on.
--------------------------------------------
Peter Michels' Journal
14th December 2009
A good start to the month after last months disappointments has seen us put in 4 solid performances in the first tow weeks of the week. This was in some part due to some changes in the team tactics. I think another factor responsible was the fact that I have started to give more of our reserve and youth players first team starts in place of under performing seniors. This way players have started to play better to keep their place in the team.

Man Utd [Rooney,Giggs(2) ] 3-0 Blackburn
View attachment 40993
We started the month as we ended the last, with a 3-0 victory. Started with Sid and Rooney in attack .Yet another solid performance from Giggs as he scored twice.

Liverpool 1-3 Man Utd [ Ferdinand, Hamsik, Rooney ]
View attachment 40992
A major victory for us as we defeated Liverpool at Anfield. Ferdinand was flawless as he picked the MOM award. Hamsik continued to impress with another good performance.

CSKA Moscow 0-2 Man Utd [ Berbatov, Rooney ] ( Champions League)
View attachment 40991
Another solid performance in the 1st half saw us go 2-0 up. But our performance dropped in the second half. van der Saar's brilliance kept Moscow at bay as he picked up the MOM.
Our second half performances remain a cause for worry and I will have to quickly come up with a solution. I already have a couple of ideas in mind and will implement them from the next match.

Man Utd [Rooney] 1-0 Tottenham
View attachment 40995
A solid game from Rooney and Evans was enough to get us the three points.

Extract from Sid's Blog
16th December 2009
I am on top of the world right now. I started in yesterday's match against Stoke along with Yaya Sanogo and James Rodriguez. And it was my best game in a United shirt to date. Although I did not score I set up both the goals and got the Man of the Match award for my two assists. I am absolutely ecstatic and looking forward to winning more.
Stoke 0-2 Man Utd [ Rooney, Sanogo]
View attachment 40997View attachment 40998

Peter Michels' Journal
21st December 2009
Bolton 0-2 Man Utd [Rooney, Berbatov]
View attachment 40990
A good game for us as we seem to be overcoming our tendency to under perform in the 2nd half. Both goals came in the second half.

Extract from Sid's Blog
28th December 2009
I am so excited that I had to come and post this toady only. I turned 18 day before yesterday and had one of my best birthday's ever. The gaffer told me that he would be starting me in today's game against Birmingham. Also the whole team had arranged a party for me. But none of that can compare with how good a day today was.
As soon the game started I just knew what I had to do. I knew exactly where to go and where the ball was going to end up. I got my first HAT-TRICK for United as we won 6-0. I also won the M.O.M award. My second this month. The Gaffer announced in a press conference that he was delighted with my performance. I am brimming with excitement.
Birmingham 0-6 Man Utd [Sid(3), Rooney, Hamsik, Hargreves]
View attachment 40989View attachment 41004View attachment 40996

Peter Michels' Journal
31st December 2009
Man Utd [Sanogo, Jovetic, Evans] 3-2 West Ham
View attachment 40994
A brilliant game to end the year. All goals were scored by our youngsters. I started with Sid and Sanogo. But Sid was too tired after his last performance and had to be substituted in the second half. But Sanogo found the net and that was good to see.

Mid-Season Review for the 2009-10 EPL
Barclays Premier League Standings
Man City are in pole position but United are only a point off and have a game in hand and can return to top position after two months.Chelsea are a further 3 points down but also have a game in hand.

Player Stats
Goals: Wayne Rooney leads the way with 20 goals.
Average Rating: Steven Gerrard was the most consistent performer in the first half of this season. Man Utd's Rooney came in at third.

Cup Updates
Carling Cup:Man Utd face Liverpool while Tottenham face Wigan in the Carling cup semi finals.
FA Cup:Most of the Premier League teams are still in the running but the biggest shock has been Manchester United's elimination in the third round in a match that conclude just a few hours ago. (Detailed report will be available later)

Player Awards
Player of the Month
December: 1st: Torres 2nd: Gerrard 3rd: Siddhartha Tiwari
November: 1st: Fabregas 2nd: Walcott 3rd: Jordi Gomez
October: 1st: Gerrard 2nd: Giggs 3rd: Tevez
September: 1st: Tevez 2nd: Linvoy Primus 3rd: Christian Benitez
August: 1st: Tevez 2nd: Rooney 3rd: Dempsey

Young Player of the Month
December: 1st: Siddhartha Tiwari 2nd: Johny Evans 3rd: Yaya Sanogo (A Man Utd clean sweep)
November: 1st:Micah Richards 2nd:Walcott 3rd:Jovetic
October: 1st:Jovetic 2nd: Kalinic 3rd: Insua
September: 1st:Muamba 2nd: Borre 3rd: Micah Richards
August: 1st:Altidore 2nd:Siddhartha Tiwari 3rd:Mamadou Sakho

Manager of the Month
December: 1st: Peter Michels 2nd: Ancelotti 3rd: Rafa Benitez
November: 1st: Martinez 2nd: Hughes 3rd: Megson
October: 1st:Peter Michels 2nd:O'Neill 3rd:Ancelotti
September: 1st: Hughes 2nd: Peter Michels 3rd: Megson
August: 1st: Rafa Benitez 2nd: Peter Michels 3rd: Ancelotti

Yearly Awards
Indian Player of the Year: Siddhartha Tiwari
Asian Young Player of the Year: Siddhartha Tiwari
European Footballer of the Year: Carlos Tevez
European Striker of the Year: Carlos Tevez
World Player of the Year: Carlos Tevez
World Team Of the Year

----------------------------
ps. the next update will be after the 26th as I have two papers that day and will have very little free time till then.

Abstract from monthly report for the board by Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan
Although the new year started on a bad note we have done well enough in our latter games to end the month on a high.

Sunderland 2-1 Man Utd ( FA Cup) Eliminated
Perhaps our worst performance as a team since Peter has taken over. We were poor in all areas of the game and the single goal we were awarded was also an own goal. A match to forget.

Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd [Ryan Giggs] ( Carling Cup Semi-Final leg 1)
Following our elimination from the Fa Cup we put in another poor performance against Liverpool. The team was putting in a bad series of performances at the worst of times. Some of the players also started to question the gaffer's tactics and a certain amount of unease was creeping into the squad.

Man Utd [Sid(2), Rooney] 3-1 Fulham
Following some poor performances by Berbatov, the gaffer decided to start with Sid instead and tweak with our tactics a little to get us back to winning ways. And the lad put in an amazing performance, scoring two goals to win the Man of the Match award. A much needed victory for the team.

Burnley 0-1 Man Utd [Giggs]
Yet another decent performance though we should have scored more goals. Our defense was impregnable as Ferdinand picked up the man of the match award.

Man Utd [Valencia(2), Rooney, Berbatov] 4-1 Liverpool ( Carling Cup Semi-Final leg 2) Qualified 5-4 on aggregate.
Needing to overcome a 1-3 loss in this game the team put in an almost flawless performance to go through to the final. Valencia was brilliant with two goals and an assist. Berbatov scored a goal to redeem himself a bit for his recent poor performances. Not only did this win get us into the final but it was a huge morale boost and helped us get back a lot of our confidence.

Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd [Rooney]
A highly entertaining match as Arshavin put in an amazing performance for Arsenal. Even our supporters were impressed by his performance in this match. A decent result. Berbatov made his return to the starting line up.

Man Utd [Rooney(4), Jovetic] 5-1 Everton
We could not have ended the month in better fashion. Wayne was in scorching form in front of the goal as he scored 4 goals. Everton were never given a chance as we completely dominated the match from start to finish. The win also saw us return to the top of the table though City have a match in hand and could return to the top,

I've been having a lot of fun playing this but unfortunately i wont be able to update this for a month or so. I save all my games in an external hard disk and my friend has taken mine with him to his internship. As i forgot to copy the fm folder i cant play this save till he returns:'(. As soon as i get it back i will updating again.

Also please let me know what you think of the story so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.