Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my hard disk back:D. Much sooner than i had expected. So will start this game up again^^). Will need some time to regain the feel of the game. Cant remember what squad rotation system i was using and so on but will soon figure it al out. So will restart updating this from sunday as have 3 papers on saturday and need to prepare for them.

Also some feedback on the story so far and whether i should change the format in some manner would be highly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

just been reading through the story to get a feel of the story and realised there were people who had wished me luck and appreciated the story and i didnt thank them then. so thanks guys for the comments and for following till now:). I will also be changing the format a bit. The articles posted from the point of view of journalists will be taken from in-game post game reviews. Makes updating a bit faster. again thanks to the people who have been following this and hope you will continue to follow come tomorrow(A).

Peter Michels' Journal
1st March 2010
After the slight disappointments of january, my aim for february was to revitalize the teams confidence. With a comparatively simple run of games, except a european tie to Shakhtar, we had a chance to build up some momentum once again.

6-2-10 Man Utd [Vidic(2) ] 2-1 Wigan
View attachment 48148
An amazing performance by Vidic was no doubt the highlight of this game. Flawless at the back and amazing at set-peices as he scored both the goals from corners.

9-2-10 Hull 1-3 Man Utd [ Sanogo, Berbatov, Rooney]
I decided to give the youngsters a chance up front and so Sanogo and Rodriguez got starts. Sanogo scored with a cool finish.Hull equalized early in the second half and managed to keep much of the possession from that point on. I decided to bring Berbatov in place of Sanogo and Giggs for Rodriguez. Their greater experience allowed the team to deal better with the pressure and Berbatov and Rooney scored in the last five minutes of the game to win it for us.

13-2-10 Man Utd [ Carrick(2), Owen, Rooney] 4-1 Portsmouth
View attachment 48146
Following 2-1 and 3-1 victories the team was increasing in confidence as we won this 4-1. Carrick put in a good solid performance and deserved his two goals to pick up the man of the match award. The win also saw us return to the top of the league table.

17-2-10 Shakhtar 1-0 Man Utd​
A poor performance away from home say us go down to a gritty Shakhtar team. As i had rested Rooney to help him recover from a minor injury we started with Owen and Berbatov and they couldnt make the best of our chances. A dissapointing result but with the second leg at Old Trafford I am still confident that we will go through to the next round.

20-2-10 Man Utd [Sid, Berbatov] 2-2 Sunderland
The team still was still reeling from the previous loss and just weren't good enough. With Rooney still not comepletely fit and Owen not able to link well with Berbatov in the current tactics, I decided to give Sid another start. We looked out of sorts from the start and conceded a goal within 14 mins. But Sid scored a screamer to bring us level. Darren Bent's 2nd goal gave Sunderland the lead once again. I decided to play a little wider and brought Jovetic on. With time running out we seemed to be heading for a defeat but Berbatov scored yet another late goal to win us a point.

24-2-10 Wolves 0-1 Man Utd[Owen]
A good performance but we should have scored more as we had much of the possession.

28-2-10 Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd [Sid]
Carling Cup Final : Winner
My first trophy with the cup. It was an amazing feeling as the fans cheered for us. Sid performed well yet again. Coming on as an half time substitute, he scored with a real poachers finish to win us the cup. Scoring the winning goal in a cup final will surely do wonders for the lad's confidence.

eh no offense but you seemed to have boosted your players stats up quite a bit..Not even wonderkids can break into the 1st team at 18.

eh no offense but you seemed to have boosted your players stats up quite a bit..Not even wonderkids can break into the 1st team at 18.

oh oO). you think so? i just gave him a ca of 100 or so and set whatever stats i wanted to be good as high and left the rest empty. this is how he came out. do other people think this is too high? i just looked at his reports at the end of the 1st season and my coaches say he isnt all that off from Stevan Jovetic, and he's 20. I suppose you are right, that is a little daft.
So should i end this and start over? it just doesn't feel right going on with this now. I suppose i should start over or do i continue with this? If a new story then if he starts as a 17 or 16 year old how much should i set his ca as?
People kindly let me know whether you think i should end this story or go on with it none the less? I will do whatever you guys think is most appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.