From Rotterdam to Hamburg, The Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man v.1

Singapore's Wonderkid
Reaction score
Hi guys! This will be my first ever story on fm-base and i will try to update my season progress every once a month. Hope you will enjoy my journey as much as possible! (H)

logofeyenoord.jpg

History:
Feyenoord is a Dutch professional football club located in Rotterdam. With Ajax and PSV, Feyenoord is one of the "big three" clubs in the Netherlands. One or another of these three clubs has won every Dutch League Championship since 1965 – with the exception of AZ '67's 1981 and 2009 titles – and they are, together with FC Utrecht and Roda JC, the only clubs never to have relegated from Dutch first division football. In domestic competition, Feyenoord has won 14 Dutch Championships, 11 Dutch Cups and 2 Dutch Supercups to go with the European Cup, two UEFA Cups and the Intercontinental Cup.

Previous Captain: Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
vanbron.jpg

Current Captain: Kevin Hofland

Previous Vice Captain: Roy Makaay
roymakaay008.jpg

Current Vice Captain: Andre Bahia

Last edited:
To start with, my board has given me a transfer budget of $1.9m and wages of $475k.

Take a look at my player transfers:

Here's my full squad:

Pre season results:

Viborg 0-2 Feyenoord

HB Koge 0-2 Feyenoord

SonderjyskE 0-0 Feyenoord

Excelsior 2-3 Feyenoord

Union Berlin 0-2 Feyenoord

ESTAC 1-3 Feyenoord

Last edited:
nice transfers mate.....Coulda got Kakuta cheaper....no sorry your using dollars

He's not on ban for my game... Hmmm..

Oh well, started my season with a bang!

And notching up 3 straight wins in a row!! We must not be too over confident tho. Next up will be against title contenders FC Twente at home and i reckon that won't be an easy game for us.

Last edited:
How do u get every game you play on TV ? that must get you in some good money

Hmm, i'm not too sure mate. All along it's been like this. I just realised it as well. LoL.

The dutch are football mad. Thats why every game in the league is on TV

We are slight favourites against last season runners up FC Twente coz we are playing at home.

Feyenoord 3-2 Fc Twente!!! Remarkable win for us! I started this match hoping that i won't lose to them. At least a draw would be something but i didn't expect this win to come seriously even tho we are slight favourites from the start (H)

League Table:

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:33 PM ----------

Match 6: Willem II 2-3 Feyenoord (Fonseca, Hofland x2)

Up next against another title contender, PSV Eindhoven! Another cracking match to be expected! And surprisingly! We are clear favourites for this match! Gonna be a real test for me and my expectation is to get a draw at least to maintain our 6 match unbeaten streak. Will we be able to do it? Let's find out!!!

Here we goooo!!!

We had a great start to the game and were 2 goals up after 13mins but somehow PSV came back strongly and scored 3 goals which after that we were struggling to find ourselves back into the match. There goes our unbeaten run. Should have done alot better :(

Man of the Match: Ron Vlaar

Dutch Cup 2nd round:
Rijnsburgse Boys 2-5 Feyenoord
(Nieuwkoop O.g, Tomasson x2, Makaay, Wijnaldum)

To sum up the month of September,
Match 8: NAC Breda 2-0 Feyenoord

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

League Table after 8 matches played:

Last edited:
Nice story mate. Watch out for FC Groningen, they're usually a hard team to win from in the 09/10 season. They have a real solid defence and usually play on the counter.

The dutch are football mad. Thats why every game in the league is on TV

Indeed. Im doing a story with Ajax and 9 out of 10 matches are televised ^^)
Really wondering how much money im gonna get for it by the end of the season, cant wait...

Last edited:
Ouh okay. Thx for your info mate. Have yet to battle against them. Hopefully to continue my story again tonight. Anyway, should i sell Makaay and Bronkhorst? Bronkhorst is a wanted man by Man City. Hmm.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:06 AM ----------

Match 9: Feyenoord 2-0 RKC (De Guzman, Dahl Tomasson)

Match 10: Sparta 0-1 Feyenoord (Makaay)

Match 11: Feyenoord 3-0 VVV (Bahia x2, Fer)

Dutch Cup 3rd round: UDI'19 0-8 Feyenoord (Tomasson x2, Fer, Opare, Fonseca x2, Kakuta, Van Bronckhorst)

Next up will be against Dutch Giants, AFC Ajax at the Amsterdam Arena! This gonna be another cracking match for us. Definitely won't be an easy game as well. Ajax are tipped to be clear favourites for this match.

Match 12: Ajax 1-2 Feyenoord (Hofland, Fonseca)

Well, i was surprised by the result indeed. Didn't really expect to get anything out of this match and we were rather fortunate to beat them. My 2 counter attacked goals did the damage.

Man of the match: Kevin Hofland

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

sell, but extort more money from city :D

That's what i'm thinking too mate! Haha! I'm afraid if i sell him away the fans will be disappointed with me and he's my captain too. Hmm. And the next transfer window is opening soon.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

After a surprise win over Ajax in the last match, Feyenoord now need to face the challenge of last year's league winners, AZ at the DSB Stadion. AZ have been touted as clear favourites for this match.

Match 13: AZ 1-0 Feyenoord

Man of the match: Once again, Kevin Hofland

AZ were clearly the better side and they deserve their win.

Match 14: Feyenoord 1-1 FC Utrecht (El Ahmadi)

Match 15: ADO Den Haag 1-1 Feyenoord (Slory)

Match 16: Feyenoord 2-0 FC Groningen (Tomasson x2)

Match 17: SC Heerenveen 0-4 Feyenoord (Makaay, De Guzman x3)

Match 18: Feyenoord 2-1 Willem II (Fonseca, Wijnaldum)

Dutch Cup 4th round: Feyenoord p1-1 AZ (Fonseca)
Rather fortunate to win this match as i used most of my reserves.

League Table after 18 matches played:

Last edited:
good results you got going there! Where did you get those nice club logo's? Mine aren't that great for the dutch eredivisie teams :(

Thx mate! I downloaded it from some turkish website but i can't exactly remember the link. If you want, i can send you the files. Not that big tho. You can pm me your email or something.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:44 PM ----------

After half of the season has passed by and topping the table, the January transfer window finally arrived. Feyenoord manager, Zak Man managed to bring 3 young talents to the squad and selling his ageing and experienced captain, Giovanni Van Bronckhorst to Valencia! Kevin Hofland was named as the new captain after the departure of the former Dutch international while Roy Makaay still remain as the Vice Captain. One particular signing that the fans were excited about was the capturing of Marc Muniesa from Spanish giants, FC Barcelona and they regard him as one of the hottest prospect for the future. Two other signings that were made are Adrew Driver from Hearts and Mehmet Ekici from Bayern Munich.

Match 19: VVV 1-4 Feyenoord (Bruins, Hofland, Wijnaldum, Slory)

Dutch Cup Qtr Final: Vitesse 0-4 Feyenoord (Cisse, Biseswar, Fonseca x2)

Final match for the month of January,

Match 20: Feyenoord 1-4 Ajax (Wijnaldum) (El Ahamadi sent off)

Really a disappointing result for us and for the fans as well. This just shows that we still have alot of work to do before we can dream about winning the title.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Match 21: RKC 2-1 Feyenoord (Biseswar)

Disappointing result once again. 2nd defeat in a row. Will be looking to bounce back in the next match.

Match 22: Feyenoord 1-0 AZ (Fonseca)

AZ gave us a hard time and to be honest, a draw would have been a fair result. Lucky for us tho.

Match 23: FC Utrecht 1-3 Feyenoord (Wijnaldum, Bruins, Hofland)

Match 24: Feyenoord 3-0 ADO Den Haag (El Ahmadi, Ekici, Fonseca)

Match 25: FC Groningen 3-3 Feyenoord (Fonseca x3)

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:22 PM ----------

Match 26: Roda JC 1-3 Feyenoord (Bruins x2, Fonseca)

Match 27: Feyenoord 1-0 Heracles (Fonseca)

Match 28: Feyenoord 1-0 Vitesse (Bruins)

Dutch Cup Semi final: Feyenoord 0-1 Ajax

We were unlucky not to get anything out of this match. A draw would have been a fair result for us. Oh well, that's football.

Match 29: NEC 1-1 Feyenoord (Fonseca)

5 more games to go till the season ends!
Will manager Zak Man bring back the glory to the team?
Will Feyenoord be able to clinch their first ever title since 1999?

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Match 30: Feyenoord 2-1 NAC Breda (Bruins, Fonseca)

Next up, Feyenoord will be taking on mighty PSV at the Philips Stadion. Surprisingly, Feyenoord were tipped as favourites for this match. We will need to work hard in order to get anything from this match.

Match 31: PSV 1-0 Feyenoord

As you can see, both teams were equally good even though PSV were having more of the ball and we were unlucky not to grab at least a point home.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

After losing to PSV, the Feyenoord team wants to bounce back with a win against Sparta in the next match. We will be guaranteed the title if we win this match. The whole team is up for this match but we must not be too over confident.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.