From Rotterdam to Hamburg, The Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's provided if i'm still managing Feyenoord (H)

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Feyenoord manager set for HSV?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Am still deciding on my future as to whether i should stay with Feyenoord or take up the new challenge with HSV. This is what they will be offering me:

i think you should go there giving you a healthy transfer budget as well.

If i take up HSV post, i really need to do a major revamping of the squad. They finished 2nd in the 1st season but 15th in the 2nd season. They even had Pipo Inzaghi in their squad!!! :S Will make my decision soon (H)

yeah i was gonna ask you that. maybe you should save your feyenoord game if it doesnt go well at hsv that's if you take there offer.

Breaking News!

Title Odds:

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Squad Introduction

Here are my 3 key players as for now; Marcus Berg, Jerome Boateng and Marcell Jansen respectively

My team Captain and Vice Captain; David Jarolim and Joris Mathijsen respectively

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

We had a very good and impressive pre season results playing a total of 6 matches, scoring 30 goals and conceeded none. This will surely lift up the morale and the confidenece of certain players. Here are the results:

KV Kortrijk 0-2 HSV (Elia, Petric)

Cercle Brugge 0-4 HSV (Berg x3, Chrisantus)

Genk 0-5 HSV (Berg x2, Jarolim, Trochowski, Tunay Torun)

Antwerp 0-8 HSV (Canales, Jarolim, Tunay Torun, Petric x3, Elia, Choupo Moting)

Dessel 0-9 HSV (Verheyen o.g, Berg x4, Choupo Moting, Vainqueur x2, Van Geem o.g )

HSV 2-0 Mallorca (Berg x2)

Berg was the most outstanding player during my pre season scoring a total of 11 goals!

German Cup 1st round: Crailsheim 0-7 HSV (Jarolim x2, Henrique x3, Berg x3)

Anyway, I will post all my transfer updates once the window is closed. So keep a lookout of this thread (H)

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Transfers Update

Manager Zak Man was very active during the transfer window and has brought in 9 new faces to the club which includes Yaya Sanogo, Sergio Canales and Henrique.

Transfers Table:

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:58 PM ----------

August Results

HSV 0-0 Stuttgart
Not a bad start for us even though Stuttgart dominated for most part of the match.

Mainz 2-3 (Berg, Gouffran, Mathijsen)
A good win for us.

HSV 2-2 Bielefeld (Petric, Berg)

Nurnberg 3-0 HSV
We were disappointing throughout the match and Nurnberg took their chances very well.

To be honest, we still can't find our rhythm back in the Bundesliga and have been struggling since to get results. I believe we need more time to achieve that and by then we'll see how it goes.

Table after 4 matches played:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

September Results

Leverkusen 1-0 HSV
Leverkusen proved too strong for us and we had no answer to that.

German Cup 2nd round: FC Bayern 2-0 HSV

HSV 1-2 FC Bayern (Petric)
I was quite disappointed with this result because i felt that a draw would have been a fair result for us. They scored a late winner which denied us a point.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

October Results

Frankfurt 2-1 HSV (Petric)

HSV 0-2 Schalke
League champions Schalke were far too strong for us and they dominated for most part of the match.

HSV 3-0 Cottbus (Vainqueur, Gunnarsson, Canales)
A very good and positive result for us at home. This win should at least lifted up the morale of certain players but we must not be too over confident for our upcoming fixtures. Still have lots of work to do though.

Hoffenheim 2-1 HSV (Vainqueur)

Werder Bremen 0-0 HSV
The home side threw away several chances and in the end had to settle for a draw which is good for us.

Table after 11 matches played:

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:29 PM ----------

November Resutls

HSV 4-0 Hertha BSC (Berg, Petric x2, Sanogo)
An absolutely great win for us and we completely took the game to Hertha. They rarely tried to pose a threat to our defence and we simply took most of our chances and turned it into goals.

Aachen 1-2 HSV (Elia, Vainqueur)

HSV 2-2 Dortmund (Petric, Canales)
They scored an early goal before we came back with 2 goals and only to conceed a last minute equaliser. We had slightly more chances compared to them but overall i think both teams were equal.

This is a great month for us as we took 7 points out of a possible 9 (H)

Last edited:
Are you going to get someone to change the name of this thread now?

Yeah was thinking of that too but is it possible?

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:48 PM ----------

December Results

Koln 2-4 HSV (Petric x2, Alex Silva, Guererro)
To be honest, i was only expecting a draw from this match but in the end we fought very hard and grabbed a big win.

HSV 2-1 Hannover (Canales x2)
Another good win for us again and this time our wonderkid, Sergio Canales, put the Hannover defence to the sword and finished the match with 2 goals.

Wolfsburg 2-3 HSV (Petric, Mathijsen, Vainqueur)
Once again, another big result against the struggling Wolfsburg side.

3 matches, 3 wins and 9 points added to the tally. Another fantastic month for us before the January transfer window is open.

Standings so far after 17 matches played:

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:35 PM ----------

January Updates

Coming soon...

Last edited:
I think you can do it yourself. Well it's done now.

Good Luck, Marcus Berg should score you goals :)

I think you can do it yourself. Well it's done now.

Nope, unless you're a premium member. I got one of the mods to change it for me (H)

Good Luck, Marcus Berg should score you goals :)

Ermm unfortunately no. Was quite disappointed by him tbh. The player whom i tried to sell before the start of the season scored the most so far, Mladen Petric. Anyway, thx mate! XD

January Results and Transfers Updates

Stuttgart 4-3 HSV (Canales x2, Berg)
Once again, man of the match, Sergio Canales netted twice for the visitors but it wasn't enough to do any damage to the home team. An entertaining match i should say.

HSV 6-2 Mainz (Canales x2, Sanogo, Gouffran x3)
For the third time this season, HSV's attacking midfielder Sergio Canales, scored twice in a match but unfortunately for him, Yoann Gouffran was handed the man of the match after bagging his first hat trick of the season. This is the highest scoring game so far.

Bielefeld 1-2 HSV (Petric, Berg)

HSV 2-0 Nurnberg (Alex Silva, Gouffran)

HSV manager, Zak Man, was not really seeking for any new players during the transfer window as he was already happy with his current squad. He only made one particular signing, Darron Gibson from Man Utd who was transfer listed.

Player Transfers:

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:59 PM ----------

February Results

Schalke 1-1 HSV (Rakitic o.g)
Current league leaders, Schalke were held to a draw by an in form HSV side. In my opinion, we did deserved the draw as both side were equally even.

HSV 2-2 Leverkusen (Jarolim, Berg)
Title contenders Leverkusen were 2 goals up before we came back to tie the match. We were disappointing in the 1st half but in the 2nd half, we proved to them that we were not underdogs and fought back strongly.

FC Bayern 2-0 HSV
The home side completely dominated this match and their players were all over the pitch. We had no answer to their superiority.

HSV 3-1 Frankfurt (Vainqueur x2, Gibson)

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

March Results

Cottbus 2-5 HSV (Alex Silva, Berg x3, Petric)
We dominated the game so much and we deserved this big win. Man of the match Marcus Berg grabbed his first hat trick of the season.

HSV 3-1 Hoffenheim (Alex Silva, Petric, Gunnarsson)

HSV 3-1 Werder Bremen (Berg x3)
Another outstanding performance by Swedish forward, Marcus Berg. He put on a powerful display and grabbed his second hat trick in this month.

Hertha BSC 1-1 HSV (Gouffran)
We were struggling for most part of the match to whole onto a draw with the home side. Most of my players were off form and Hertha should have won this match easily but in the end they had to settle for a draw.

HSV 3-1 Aachen (Petric, Canales x2)

Table after 30 games played:

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:42 AM ----------

April Results

Dortmund 5-4 HSV (Vainqueur, Canales, Petric x2)
We were 3 goals up for good in the 1st half before the home side came back strongly in the second and took the lead and eventually went on to win this exciting encounter. Both teams had equal number of chances but Dortmund had the better of the finishing touch.

HSV 4-0 Koln (Gouffran, Vainqueur, Berg, Alex Silva)

Hannover 96 2-0 HSV
Hannover proved to us that they were no underdogs and went on to win this match by 2 goals.

Table after 33 matches played:

Final match: HSV vs Wolfsburg
This final match is a must win for us if we want to remain in the 5th position. Wolfsburg have been quite disappointing so far and currently lying 14th in the table but we must not be too complacent as they are quite a strong side.

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

6 mins: HSV 0-0 Wolfsburg
Gibson shot for the top corner and it's over the bar.

19 mins: HSV 0-1 Wolfsburg
Barzagli rose bravely above Sergio Canales and scored with a brilliant header.

22 mins: HSV 0-1 Wolfsburg
Jarolim aimed for the top corner but it's just wide.

31 mins: HSV 0-2 Wolfsburg
Kahlenberg scored with a wonderful taken freekick.

36 mins: HSV 0-2 Wolfsburg
Gibson shot but the keeper does brilliantly to tip the ball over the bar.

45 mins: HSV 0-2 Wolfsburg
Halftime

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

50 mins: HSV 0-2 Wolfsburg
Canales tried a low drive but the keeper did brilliantly to turn the ball away.

53 mins: HSV 0-2 Wolfsburg
Petric had a crack on goal but Hirschfeld held the ball well.

59 mins: HSV 0-2 Wolfsburg
Ebondo hit the ball low towards the goal but the keeper did well to parry it.

66 mins: HSV 1-2 Wolfsburg
Berg powered a header at goal and scored for HSV!

73 mins: HSV 2-2 Wolfsburg
Henrique got his head to the ball and sent it across the goalmouth. GOAL! A superb fightback by HSV.

82 mins: HSV 2-2 Wolfsburg
Riether hit it low from a distance but Velthuizen gathered the ball safely.

85 mins: HSV 3-2 Wolfsburg
Tavares attempted a low drive and SCORED for HSV!!

87 mins: HSV 4-2 Wolfsburg
Berg with a nicely placed shot and SCORED again after a lovely pass from Jarolim!!!

Final Score: HSV 4-2 Wolfsburg (Berg x2, Tavares, Henrique)

Final Table:

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Season Summary

HSV manager, Zak Man was really a happy man after his team concluded the season in fifth position which was above their expectation of a mid table finish. This means that they will enter the Europa league after finishing fifth compared to last season's fifteenth position.

German footballer of the year:

German player's striker of the year:

German first division team of the year:

HSV's fans' player of the year goes to:

HSV best eleven:

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:04 PM ----------

Season 2012/13

The new season will be kicking off soon and this will be the second consecutive year for Singaporean manager, Zak Man, taking charge of Hamburger SV. The season expectations and title odds are as follow.

Season expectations:

Odds:

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Pre Season results

Pumas 1-3 HSV

Olympiakos 2-2 HSV

Newell's 1-7 HSV

Total of 3 games played, 2 wins and a draw.

Transfers update

Who's that???

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Will be posting the full players transfer soon! Do check it out! (H)

Last edited:
well doen on ur career so far i have done a similar thing although i only won the spanish cup with At madrid this before not being in europe for 2 seasons i decided to go to liverpool

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx pal! (H)

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

What??? HSV snapped up a former German international!

Was thinking of stopping this story actually coz currently i'm managing Newcastle and just being promoted. If anyone else wants me to continue with this story i will continue for sure (H)

I'm sorry to disappoint those who were actually expecting me to update on my story but i didn't. I will try my best to keep updating my progress as i will be playing my Newcastle save as well. So, here comes the update. . .

August Results and Transfers Updates

Europa Lg 3rd Qual rnd Leg 1: HSV 2-1 Viking (Mutu, Gibson)

German Cup 1st rnd:FSV Frankfurt 2-4 HSV (Gibson, Sanogo, Berg, Djorou)

Europa Lg 3rd Qual rnd Leg 2:Viking 2-5 HSV (Canales, Alex Silva x4)
Powerful centre back and man of the match, Alex Silva, scored a total of four goals in this exciting encounter and all his four headed goals were surprisingly assisted by another defender as well, Dennis Aogo who plays as a left back. Take a look at the screenie below.

HSV 2-1 Nurnberg (Gibson, Vainqueur)
We started off the season with a win but it was not a convincing display by the players.

Hoffenheim 2-0 HSV
The home team controlled the whole entire match without giving us any chance at all.

Europa Lg 4th Qual rnd Leg 1:HSV 5-2 Unirea Urziceni (Sanogo x3, Mutu, Alex Silva)
A good result at home and it was Sanogo's first hat trick.

HSV 2-1 Hertha BSC (Berg, Canales)
Even though we won this match by a single goal margin, the visitors kept pushing us until the final whistle and i think we were lucky to have won.

Europa Lg 4th Qual rnd Leg 2:Unirea Urziceni 1-0 HSV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the transfer window, HSV manager, Zak Man, managed to snap up a few good players on a free transfer such as Adrian Mutu, Kevin Kuranyi Juan Pablo Carizzo and Lucas Biglia. His biggest signing was central defender Rafael Toloi from Metalist for a fee of 12.5 mil. Meanwhile, making the exit were Albin Ebondo, Mladen Petric and Jose Paolo Guerrero who moved to Valencia, Schalke and Werder Bremen respectively.

League Table after 3 matches played:

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:10 AM ----------

September Results

Wolfsburg 1-0 HSV

HSV 2-2 Werder Bremen (Kuranyi x2)
We played fairly well in this match. Created slightly more chances than the opposition team but i think a draw is a fair result for both teams. Well done to man of the match, Kevin Kuranyi who scored both goals for us.

Europa League Grp L: HSV 5-0 Rapid Bucharest (Berg x3, Mutu, Sanogo)
My first ever European fixture since i took over HSV and this was a remarkable win against a hapless Rapid Bucharest side. Berg in particular, had a very good game and bagging a hat trick in the process.

Leverkusen 2-0 HSV

German Cup 2nd rnd: Schalke 3-1 HSV (Gunnarsson)

HSV 2-1 Schalke (Sanogo, Alex Silva)
Should have won this match by a bigger margin though. We dominated from the first minute till the end of the match. But overall i'm happy that we got all the 3 points today.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:35 AM ----------

October Results

Europa League Grp L: AS Monaco 1-1 HSV (Mutu)
This is a great result for us getting away with a point at Monaco. Although the home side created more chances and holding more of the possession, we still managed to salvage a draw in this fixture.

Kaiserslautern 1-1 HSV (Sanogo)

Europa League Grp L: HSV vs Feyenoord
I will be up against my former team, Feyenoord. This should be an exciting encounter for both sides.

Final score: HSV 1-1 Feyenoord (Kuranyi)
To be honest, we were struggling against a strong Feyenoord side even though we were playing at our home ground. They had plenty of possession and played the ball around well. We were lucky to get a point from this match.

FC Bayern 2-0 HSV

HSV 2-0 Hannover (Sanogo, Gunnarsson)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.