From Studio to the Stadium

MARCH

View attachment 1195006
THE LEAGUE

Our monthly defeats are back! We started off the month with a defeat to Swansea as our previous transfer target Nakhi Wells put four past us and our defence had no response to him. It was pure brilliant attacking play and I don't think anyone could have done anything against him on that day so it doesn't hurt just as much.

We recovered from the loss well to win the rest of the matches in the month as we secured another 12 points from 15 in the month! Now it is just Hull, WBA and us for the promotion places and it is going to be an interesting finish!

Also...this happened!

View attachment 1195007
F.A. CUP

It was a feisty game as we somehow manage to hold a second-half Liverpool onslaught! We started the game brightly after taking an early lead through a Jack Elliot header before Cassidy doubled our lead but as usual, we had to mess it up! Mayoral and Douglas Costa hit back to bring them level! The match settled into a scrap after that before Sean Goss produced a goal from nothing at the *** end of the half to give us back the lead!

After the break, it was all about Liverpool trying to score while we tried to nick one on the counter but neither could do anything! My greatest F.A. Cup ever as we defeat both Manchester City and Liverpool! We face Southampton next at WEMBLEY! COME ON!

And oh also..

View attachment 1195009
View attachment 1195010
IN YOUR ****** FACE!

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 1195008
An 8 point lead with 5 matches to go! Do we dream or do we still just take it a game at a time? It's too much excitement and nervousness for me!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Ovie Ejaria - The Liverpool player has been a breath of fresh air since the turn of the year and continues to shine. He has 4 goals and has been magnificent in the Shadow Striker role. He has led from the front and his pressing has been very important to the overall team performance.

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 22142
Ejaria takes the best player of the league as well!

View attachment 22141
View attachment 22140

Cassidy and Brewster come first and second in the young players awards and Cassidy dedicates it to Oldham!

View attachment 22139
No. 2 in the Championship as Swansea boss takes the top spot after defeating us! Meanwhile...

View attachment 22138
I was very tempted to give the interview but decided to let it go in the end!

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 22137
Disappointing to say the least!

Last edited:
Wow what an update! Looking forward to seeing how it all finishes!

APRIL/MAY

View attachment 1195021
F.A. CUP

Absolute heartbreak here! We took lead through a beautiful goal by Roles before doubling it via Brewster! And then we collapsed! Romeu scored a screamer before a long ball in the 87th minute lead to an equalizer for Southampton and after failing to score in Extra time we suffered heartache in the ensuing penalty shoot-out with right back Dummigan missing a crucial penalty in the end! An embarrassing defeat or a defeat in normal time wouldn't have hurt as much as this. We were 3 minutes away from reaching Wembley!

THE LEAGUE

View attachment 1195036
WE HAVE FREAKING DONE IT! WE ARE CHAMPIONS AND BACK IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE! The match which won us the championship was an absolute delight for the home fans as in front of a full house we smashed 6 past a hapless Barnsley!

I must admit I was afraid post-October that we will eventually drop into mid-table but the players battled on and the main emphasis goes to my defence who played match after match to help us achieve this historic feat!

WHAT THE MEDIA IS SAYING

View attachment 1195038View attachment 1195039View attachment 1195040
View attachment 1195041View attachment 1195042View attachment 1195043

THE LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 1195044
8 points and a superior GD of 32! OLDHAM BACK IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 22128

And then they say the lower leagues aren't developing or don't have good players!

View attachment 22127

This is the most money the club or I has ever seen at Oldham I believe!

END OF SEASON REVIEW PART-I

View attachment 22100
THE LEAGUE

View attachment 22099
If last year was a dream come true, this year it is pure ecstasy! Never had I dreamed that I would be leading Oldham to the Premier League and as I lifted the trophy it all seemed just too surreal to be true. What do I say about the campaign! It all started with a brilliant August but then we slowed down as we changed our tactics and playing style a bit but thankfully for us, the others weren't that great either! Like Leicester, we had a good year and there was a collective failure for other teams in general which helped us a lot. Led by a strong defence and a confident midfield, our first XI ripped most teams to shred, either by playing them apart or by sheer hard work!

Generally, I wouldn't give ourselves much chance in the Premier League, but sometimes hard work can achieve things which talent can't.

F.A. CUP

View attachment 22095 The league was my fairy tale and the FA Cup was my heartache. After defeating the last 2 teams to be crowned Premier League Champions we somehow managed to lose to Southampton and it was all due to lack of concentration in the end. It was nevertheless a very successful campaign and it will teach us that we can compete, no matter what team, no matter what talent they possess, we can match them on our day and that is what is necessary in the Premier League.

CARABAO CUP

Another year and another early exit from the league cup as we go out to Manchester United. I am not too incensed to lose in the competition as in my eyes we really progressed in the competition. From barely getting a shot on target against United 2 years back, we managed to score 2 past them this time! That is definitely progress! And I plan to win this competition too! Because winning breeds winning!

STATURE

View attachment 22094
We are not the 25th most reputed club in England! It sucks because I thought we would be top 20 at least but its still progress! A season in Premier League (if we survive should boost our rankings).

I have another aim now as well. To knock Liverpool back of their perch! I can't have them to be the most reputed club in England! **** Mourinho!

---

Do you have legendary status with the club yet? You ****** well should have! Congrats mate and I look forward to seeing how you get on in the Prem!!

Do you have legendary status with the club yet? You ****** well should have! Congrats mate and I look forward to seeing how you get on in the Prem!!

Thanks mate! I am just Favoured Personnel yet! A bit insulting eh?

I am trying to regroup before starting the assault on PL!

Congrats on promotion (again ;) )

One side note, i don't know if it's just me but I can't see some of the attachments in the last 2 updates, none of the updates from the league/cup matches are showing and neither is the league table. The rest are ok (which is weird) cheers

Congrats on promotion (again ;) )

One side note, i don't know if it's just me but I can't see some of the attachments in the last 2 updates, none of the updates from the league/cup matches are showing and neither is the league table. The rest are ok (which is weird) cheers

The page expired while I was typing out the update (as I fell asleep :D) and then the update I uploaded, the images showed up as links instead of photos! And I was too lazy to change it :D

END OF SEASON REVIEW PART-II

PLAYERS

View attachment 21229View attachment 21228
It is once again our midfield players which dominate my year-end ratings! Roles and Goss formed an important pivot in my new 2 midfield system and their form was very important to our team. Goss scored some really important free-kicks while Roles was always an option from a distance which is very important as the goals are then spread out!

You would be able to notice by the number of games played who my main players were with Cassidy our main goal-scorer and the defence picking itself up! I would like to specially mention Tommy Smith who came in January and gave our defence much-needed experience as well as depth and he bailed us many times with his performances. Without his second-half heroics, we might not have won or maybe even promoted!

AWARDS

View attachment 21227
View attachment 21207View attachment 21206
Roles has been exceptional in the role of a box to box midfielder as well as a deep-lying one! His late runs into the box are lampardesque! When I signed him up I knew he had potential but the boy just keeps on improving!

View attachment 21226
9 goals and 4 assists is the quantum of difference! The player is going to be a star for Watford! I hope they give him a chance.

View attachment 21219
Brewster really kicked it on in the second half of the season and hence the award is a bit surprising but he was a big match player always playing important passes or getting behind them!

View attachment 21215
Well, no surprises here eh? We were predicted to come 22nd!

View attachment 21214
8 players in Team of the year! Just shows how much we dominated and shows our weak areas too!

View attachment 21213
Nothing much to argue over here! I would have termed Sheaf or Galloway the signing of the season though or Goss!

FINANCES

If we had not been promoted this would have been the longest review but we are in the PREMIER LEAGUE! WE ARE RICH NOW!

View attachment 21210
I have no clue how we made a profit!

View attachment 21209
Profit but without tax is a good profit!

View attachment 21208
This is going to see a huge bump next time!

View attachment 21207
Another sponsor! I am the new woodward!

Last edited:
Haahaa, well you can't say Sevilla weren't keen! Looking forward to seeing how things go amongst the big boys

SEASON PREVIEW

View attachment 20843
When I took over the club 3 years ago, I came in with a plan! A plan to reach the Premier League in 10 years, the trouble or the good thing is that we are already in there in 3 years now! I don't know if I should consider this as our pinnacle or just our beginning. The bad part of reaching here in 3 years is that we don't have the infrastructure, the players or the mindset for competition as huge and as competitive as the Premier League. The mental strength needed, the resilience needed and the hard work necessary is all present in the set of players I have but the technical ability which is often exposed at this level is something which is scary.

My plan for this season is very simple! If I ignore the top 6, there are 26 matches apart from them! 4 of them against newly promoted sides which I have to win at all costs! In the remaining 22 matches, I know that my side can compete with anyone on their day and that is what we will aim to do! Shock the likes of West Ham, Southampton, Burnley and all whom we have faced before and managed to win!

BOARD EXPECTATIONS

View attachment 20842
The board doesn't expect us to stay up! They will be happy if we just give a fight and that bodes well for us, with no expectations, we can shock people and that is what I am aiming for!

MEDIA

View attachment 20841
1000-1 ain't that scary after Leicester! But in a positive thing, 4 other teams are priced along with us and if we managed to get results against all of them, that is 24 points in the bag! Plans sorted!

FIXTURES

View attachment 20840
The start isn't the most ideal but the next 4 fixtures are something which I love. Our bright start is what enabled us to win the Championship and an easy line of fixtures in the Premier League can be the springboard for our survival!

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 20839
The maximum the club has ever seen is the 3.26 million at the back! So 80 is a huge bonus! I will be aiming at prudent spending so even if we manage to go down, we do have a huge back to bankroll us in the Championship!

View attachment 20838
Well, we are bottom in revenues! We need to expand our stadium! Maybe next year if we stay up.

View attachment 20837
Brilliant news! This will also encourage our Board to maybe expand our stadium as we expect to see 100% sold out Home matches!

---

PRE-SEASON

View attachment 1196596View attachment 20680
No matches on TV this time around but we don't need the TV money now to survive any more thanks to the Premier League and all! It was a successful pre-season as we managed to avoid defeat throughout and were able to get most of our players into Match Fitness! Most of my pre-season was focused on trying to sign players who will be able to get us through Premier League and I didn't pay much attention to the matches with my staff taking care of the most of the things. The wins against Bilbao, PSC, OM and Leverkusen makes me a bit confident about our chances in the Premier League.​

TRANSFERS

View attachment 20679
A very disappointing Transfer season as we were either priced out of a move by players, unwilling to pay a hefty amount or the player didn't want to join due to us not having a high stature in the world and left us bitter and under strengthed going into the season. While our first XI is good, we don't have the quality in depth to be able to compete properly in the league and that is troubling.

Rhian Brewster and Timothy Weah agreed to extend their respective loan moves and will continue to be a part of my core team. Amongst the other signings, Joel Pereira, Jay Dasilva, Ejaria and Ferez will slot right into our first team while the other players signed this year plus the likes of Willock and Barlow will provide us much-needed depth to our squad.

Despite having more than 25 Million available to spend my transfer fees amounted to only 2.3 Million and 800K to be paid in instalments. It was a very weird transfer window and there is urgent work to be done in terms of identifying targets as well as making our scouting network much stronger to be able to ensure our survival in the Premier League.

Our transfer window can be surmised by this.

View attachment 20678
---​

SQUAD ANALYSIS

GOALKEEPERS

Joel Pereira - My first choice for this term and my 4th in 4 years as we make unanticipated progress. The ex-United goalie is a man with lots of potential and I am hoping he realises that at Oldham and I have a goalkeeper for years instead of looking for a new one every other year! As per my Assistant, he is a decent Premier League player with a potential to grow and that is what we will be working on.

Kieran O'Hara - My backup for the year but he is already clamouring to leave after sharing the role last year as well. Undoubtedly a very good footballer but just not cut out for this level.

FULL-BACKS

Tomas Ferraz - All of 18 and my first choice right-back for the year, I signed him for a pittance after discovering him on a scouting trip to Portugal. At 18, his mental and physical status is amazing and I only expect him to become better day by day. My only concern is how long will we able to hold onto him if we perform well or if we don't because the boy is sure a talented lad.

Cameron Dummigan - This will be the first season when Cameron won't be an automatic first choice. One of the few survivors from my first season, he is a thorough professional and hard working player and continues to be an important member of the squad.

Jay Dasilva - Touted to be a superstar, the ex-Chelsea starlet has lost a bit of steam the last few years but I am sure he can be a solid Premier League player. He will fight out with CBJ for the left back role.

Cameron Borthwick Jackson - One of my standout players from the promotion last season, he and Jay will fight for the left back position as I try to establish a steady defence for our ongoing survival in the Premier League.

CENTRE-BACKS

Ben Sheaf - One half of our first choice pairing, he was immense in Championship and will need to step up for us with most of our targets rejecting us. Not fully ready for the Premier League, his determination, doggedness and his ability to pinch in with a goal or two will be very important for our side.

Brendan Galloway - The elegant Ball Playing defender is our only centre half whom my assistant rates as Premier League quality. The former Everton star is one of the few players to have played at this level and his experience will be invaluable.

Tosin Adarabioyo - Another starlet from Manchester, from the blue half this time. Primed and touted for excellence, he was never given the chance at City and has the potential to be a good player.

Rhys Williams - The ex-Liverpool player has stagnated due to lack of chances as we moved up the leagues too quickly. Only a back-up and last dice roll will get him on the pitch.

Paul Black - See above

MIDFIELDERS

Jack Roles - Our best midfielder and our best hope for this league, Roles has developed and matured with each passing and each change in the league. He has become the lynchpin of my midfield and his goals, as well as assists, are the key for our survival or otherwise. Will he be able to emulate his ability to step up is the question?

Rilind Hetemi - The Dortmund player will continue his education in the Premier League as he extends his contract for one more year. He has in him to be one of the premier midfielders in the world and his temperament to become that will be put on the show and tested this year.

Sean Goss - Although just 25, it seems he has been around forever. His free-kicks and dead ball accuracy, in general, will be pivotal for our team where set-pieces like most other lower tier teams is one way to score against the technically brilliant!

James Mcarthur - Signed as a backup and his premier league know how he will be our experience and guide in an unknown league.

Matty Willock - Purely a rotation and backup option. Our ascent to Premier League hurt his development.

Liam Coyle - A young midfielder who will function as a rotation player and adds squad depth.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Rhian Brewster - It was Brewster who kickstarted our campaign in the second half of last year and I hope he continues that. A menace on the right or up front, his quick feet, technique and eye for the spectacular might win us games which we are losing or drawing. A good performance this season might win him a place in Liverpool squad.

Timothy Tillman - Undoubtedly talented, the versatile attacker flattered to deceive at Bayern and will be given his chance to impress on the left side.

Rolando Aarons - Another player with premier league experience and adds more depth to our squad.

Thomas Agyepong - Squad depth and rotation, I don't think he has the ability to prosper at this level yet. If we had been in the lower leagues for a few more years, it might have been a different case.

Ovie Ejaria - One of our heroes from last year, he joins us permanently in the summer. I have high hopes from him as he is one of the few players with the technical ability to shine at this level.

Aidan Barlow - Like Agyepong, he is purely kept for depth!

ATTACKERS/FORWARDS

Timothy Weah - My main forward for the year, Weah was displaced by Cassidy first and Brewster later as injuries hampered him but will be given a full year to save us and give proof of his ability to the world.

Kemar Roofe - I have been a fan of Roofe since using him in FM 17 for Oxford. Fast and diligent, he makes up in hard work what he lacks in ability and hard work will be very important for our team.

George Thomas - Squad Depth/Backup

Folarin Balogun - Squad Depth/Backup

---​

AUGUST

View attachment 20344
LEAGUE

A terrible start and end to the month but we played well in between as we manage to secure 9 points to start the season. The fixtures were a bit on the easy side but the team performed admirably especially with how porous at the back that we continue to look. The defence was finally exposed against Burnley as they took full advantage and while we have started beautifully, its a long way to go. We only need 31 more now!

CUP

Anything but a win would have made me scream in agony but we made it hard for ourselves. A fully rotated squad struggled to find rhythm but managed to find enough strength for a win as we reach the 3rd round of the cup.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 20343
I don't mind ending the league today eh?

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Timothy Weah - The forward has started the league well for us and got us up and running with well-taken goals and managed to raise confidence for the team and the fans!

FINANCE

View attachment 20342
Our improved finances mean the board is now willing to give away more transfer money!

View attachment 20340
Botyom of the pile! It also reflects the difference between the Championship and the Premier League which will be soon needed to be corrected for the sake of the country!

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 203392 of my players in the young player of the month!

View attachment 20338
A good place to be Oldham is!

SEPTEMBER

View attachment 20197
LEAGUE

I can't blame the players for the losses as Arsenal and Tottenham prove too strong for us. We actually gave them a decent fight but it wasn't to be. The tactic with an attacking midfielder was too attacking I felt for our team against quality opponents and I decided to switch from an AM to DM and the rewards were immediate. An extra man protecting our defence meant the forwards and the full-backs had a bit more leeway and we used it comprehensively against West Brom and registered an easy 3-0 win!

View attachment 20195
CARABAO CUP

A tepid affair where a draw would have been the most appropriate result was won for us by Weah who scored a late winner. This ensures that we reach our board expectation of fourth round and maybe finally break our Carabao Cup hoodoo and progress further in the cup.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 20194
Just 3 points in the month but we have already established a 9 point gap from the relegation zone and that is the most important thing for us right now.

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 20196
Feruz and Weah feature in the rankings this time! I am especially impressed with Feruz who at a young age has managed to acclaim himself in the Premier League in quick time.

---​

OCTOBER

MATCHDAY-9

View attachment 20141A match that I was hoping that we would win and probably should have. Aston Villa are languishing in the relegation zone and were there for the taking. We started off too slowly and paid the price for it and while we regrouped and became stronger we were unable to find that elusive winner as we were camped in their half most of the time. Games like these have to be won if we want to stay in the premier league.

MATCHDAY-10

View attachment 20140
A disappointing loss as we lost the plot in the last 10 minutes as we deserved a point at least from the match. A stark reminder for the team that a match is not over until 90 minutes!

MATCHDAY-11

View attachment 20132
A fantastic comeback win as Roofe proves his worth as the most expensive signing of Oldham history! We came back twice from a goal down before a penalty and a late Roofe goal gave us a two-goal lead and some breathing space as Leicester tried desperately to come back. Roofe and Dummigan combined brilliantly for the first 2 goals with the second being a brilliant acrobatic effort from Roofe which will be a Goal of the season contender and it seems like an interesting partnership to develop especially with Weah injured.

MATCHDAY-12

View attachment 20130 Just happy that we weren't embarrassed such was their domination!

CARABAO CUP 4TH ROUND

View attachment 20129
A match that we utterly dominated until the last 10 minutes and it was totally a Goss show! Goss scored 2 brilliant free-kicks and could have scored 2 more easily such was his accuracy and brilliance from dead-ball situations. We again relaxed after the 80th minute and got punished for the same and were under constant pressure for the next 10 minutes which we barely survived! Onto the 5th round for the first time under me!

SUMMARY/LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 20128
View attachment 20127
4 points from 4 matches and cup progress for us this month as we maintain our distance from the relegation zone but I would have liked 3-5 points more as we faced three teams below us in the table. We are averaging 1 point a match so far and need to push ourselves a little bit more.

IN OTHER NEWS

View attachment 20125
Tillman out for the season! And probably this is an end to his premier league career as well. He was average at best and I don't see him returning strongly from this. January can't come sooner!

View attachment 20124
A step in the right direction!

So a slight change in format, would appreciate if you would like to provide feedback on which you found better!

Enjoying the story mate and good to see you sitting pretty in mid table.