brighton-fans_2000282c.jpg

Strong league form continues
Ulloa just keeps on scoring
Thrilling comeback against Watford

League

Brighton 5 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday

Ulloa, Wootton(2), Gomez, Maupay

View attachment 376006

Brilliant win here, good to see Maupay scoring too. Scott Wootton scoring a brilliant brace too.

Middlesbrough 0 - 2 Brighton

Ulloa(2)

View attachment 376007

Big win here over a side challenging us at the time, a quick double from Ulloa gives us the three points.

Brighton 2 - 1 Watford

Ulloa(2)

View attachment 376009

Brilliant comeback but you have to believe that we wouldn't have won this game if they had 11 men on the pitch. Final score is what matters though and Ulloa was on the double once more.

Brighton 1 - 1 Derby

Dunk

Disappointing result here, we should have won but our shooting was really poor here. Lewis Dunk netted though.

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Brighton

Ulloa

Solid win away from home here with Ulloa netting AGAIN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So another month without a defeat and Leonardo Ulloa is just ridiculous. I'm disappointed with the Derby result but to be honest you can't win them all. We seem to struggle more against the weaker teams which is weird but hey ho we're still undefeated in the league!! The worrying thing is the clubs finances which are deteriorating every month due to the amount of debt the club is in with building the AMEX so we do need a decent FA Cup run and/or promotion to the BPL so we can get that TV money!!

Player of the Month

Leonardo Ulloa

leonardo-ulloa_brighton-7.jpg

Lads an absolute goal machine hopefully he doesn't attract too much attention in January from BPL sides.

Table

View attachment 376016

Starting to run away with it here. Will take an almighty collapse to not get promoted.​

following Sam, I'm on a save that I started with Brighton, I won the Championship in my first season and came 11th in first season in the PL, but left for Spurs 3rd season. Ulloa is obviously not a big fan of me, on my save he was shocking and I sold him to Boro.

he wont need to go to a prem team he'll be at one ;) great story sam im loving favourite one so far love championship stories KUTGW mate :D

Looking good bro Ulloa's unreal always is

Cheers boys, it my turn on the Champions League Challenge Pass the Parcel so ill get back to this ASAP as I'm really enjoying it :D

The amount of bookings your lads got against Watford is quite laughable. Doing well though.

Ulloa on fire. Whatever you do don't sell him it will come back to haunt you. In 5th season January window decided to sell him to Liverpool due to age and welbeck signing for £4m. In his debut game he scored the only goal against man city meaning we could overtake them for fourth place with our game in hand. Cheers ulloa. Then I faced Liverpool in the fa cup. We took the lead but ulloa scored and took the game to a replay. In the replay we took the lead again but ulloa scored with 10 mins to spare and in the last 2 mins of extra time he gives Liverpool the winner. Gutted!

Ulloa on fire. Whatever you do don't sell him it will come back to haunt you. In 5th season January window decided to sell him to Liverpool due to age and welbeck signing for £4m. In his debut game he scored the only goal against man city meaning we could overtake them for fourth place with our game in hand. Cheers ulloa. Then I faced Liverpool in the fa cup. We took the lead but ulloa scored and took the game to a replay. In the replay we took the lead again but ulloa scored with 10 mins to spare and in the last 2 mins of extra time he gives Liverpool the winner. Gutted!
He's absolutely beasting it for me but I probably will sell in a few years anyway when I find a young regen I want to develop :p I'm back on this now lads and just finished November so post in a bit :D

November 2012

brightonget_998300c.jpg

Grind out some important results this month
Finally suffer our first league loss
Kazenga LuaLua out for 3 months :(

League

Yeovil 0 - 1 Brighton

Barnes

Really close game but Ashley Barnes scored in the 73rd minute to give us the three points. A lot closer than I thought it would be.

Blackpool 2 - 1 Brighton

LuaLua

View attachment 377040

Arghhh a very close game, but Blackpool are a decent side. A quick fire double from them means we suffer our first loss. Just one of those games :/

Brighton 0 - 0 Doncaster

This isn't acceptable. Doncaster are a team we have to be beating if we want to win this league. Not okay!!

Brighton 4 - 2 Wigan

Maupay(2), Ulloa, Lopez

View attachment 377042

BOOM!! Massive win here. Wigan are actually BOTTOM sensationally. If they go down again I'll certainly poach some players.

Burnley 0 - 1 Brighton

Ulloa

Solid performance here, could have been more but I'll take the win and clean sheet.

Blackburn 0 - 1 Brighton

Ulloa

Another very mature performance here, a key win over a very good Blackburn side. Managed to silence the beast that is Jordan Rhodes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So even though we suffered our first loss I class this as a good month. We managed to beat both Wigan and Blackburn away, they're both decent sides but we were incredible against them. I can't believe how bad Wigan are doing this season I was kind of expecting them to win the league this season. We're storming the league and I fully expect us to now win it which will be great.

Our finances aren't great but I've managed to get the board to agree to improve our Youth Facilities, Youth Level and get us a Feeder Club as we don't have one at the moment.

Player of the Month

Will Buckley

_64525426_willbuckleydribblinggetty.jpg

Guys a monster racking up 7 assists already.

Table

View attachment 377057

Storming it. Surely they can just hand it to us now??​

December 2012

amex-1200229-238963.jpg

Terrific league form continues
Thrilling comeback against Barnsley
Immense game against Leeds

League

Barnsley 1 - 2 Brighton

Buckley(2)

View attachment 377445

OHHHHH SUPER WILL BUCKLEY!!! What a lad, comes off the bench to bring us back from the dead. Immense game, what a player.

Brighton 4 - 2 Millwall

Ulloa(2), Shittu OG, Crofts

Brilliant game here as we went 4-0 in the first half but as always we slipped a bit in the second half but held on and grabbed a decent win here.

Brighton 0 - 0 Ipswich

They've had a great month winning every single game apart from this one, I'll take that as they're certainly one of the better teams in the league right now.

Leicester 0 - 2 Brighton

Orlandi(2)

Great win over another good side. Orlandi on the double from that left wing role.

Brighton 1 - 1 QPR

Upson

QPR have a team worthy of a mid table BPL side still. Very happy to get a point here, Loic Remy and Julio Cesar are still playing for them for crying out loud!!

Leeds 2 - 4 Brighton

Crofts, Maupay, Gomez, Lopez

View attachment 377454

Another game where we went 4-0 up and then conceded 2 in the second half. Never mind, Maupay was sensational here too.

Birmingham 1 - 3 Brighton

Barnes, Buckley, Greer

Great win away from home here, good to see Ashley Barnes scoring as I am playing him out of position as he's naturally a striker but I've been playing him on the wings or in the CAM role. Buckley nets again and Greer scored a solid header.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So another undefeated month here with some tough games too. Can't believe QPR aren't right up at the top with me when you look at their squad its crazy, Remy playing Championship football makes me laugh and if they don't go back up then I'll certainly be looking to upset and poach some of them.

Anyway I had a look at the BPL table and it looks like a bit of a mental season...

View attachment 377457

Mental Fulham are actually storming it a bit, Liverpool are having a shocking season and Palace are rock bottom on a tiny 5 points!!

Player of the Month

Gordon Greer

_64873171_gordongreerpreseasongetty.jpg

Captain Fantastic has been a beast at the back this month.

Table

View attachment 377460

Sixteen points clear... basically just gotta play out the rest of the season and look forward to life in the BPL next year!!​

Congrats on promotion mate (providing you don't lose every game from now on :p) Looking forward to watching your team progress further. I was reading your Southampton story.

Congrats on promotion mate (providing you don't lose every game from now on :p) Looking forward to watching your team progress further. I was reading your Southampton story.
Ha cheers though QPR and Wigan would have put up more of a fight. Will be interesting to see how we do next season though so long as we get promoted as Brighton really don't have a lot of money :/.

January update in a bit :D

January 2013

96_1_news.jpg

Perfect month
Kind draws in the FA Cup
Make just two signings

Transfers

View attachment 377830

I let a lot of deadwood go and signed just two players in Emmerson Boyce and Jordon Ibe. Both signed to add a bit of depth, Ibe comes in on loan as I'm aiming to maybe sign him in the future. Boyce will provide some experience and he's also a pretty decent player, also versatile.

Emmerson Boyce

View attachment 377845

Only really lacking in pace, will probably play in the middle more next season.

Jordon Ibe

View attachment 377849

Winger with absolute bags of pace, but likes to shoot from distance and will have to cut that out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Brighton 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest

Gomez, Maupay

View attachment 377850

Great game this was, Jordi Gomez has been immense for us better than I could have expected. Neal Maupay seems to be settling in a bit more now.

Brighton 2 - 0 Huddersfield

Greer, Ulloa

Easy game this, Huddersfield struggling this season and a very solid performance.

Reading 0 - 1 Brighton

Ulloa

Well we really didn't deserve this, didn't play the best football that's for sure but what matters is the final score. Ulloa netting again!!!

Bolton 1 - 2 Brighton

Bruno, Buckley

Another tight game here as Will Buckley's goal makes the difference here. Bruno the right back netting his first goal of the season I believe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Third Round

Middlesbrough 1 - 3 Brighton

Ulloa(2), Barnes

Straight forward game here, Middlesbrough are having a bit of a rough time and we capitalised with a very strong performance in the third round here.

Fourth Round

Brighton 3 - 1 Notts County

Ulloa, Wootton, Maupay

This was much closer than the previous round. Notts County gave us a real scare here, we took the lead early on but they pulled one back quickly after. Half Time and it was level, I gave the boys a right bollocking and we came out and grabbed two goals to send us into the fifth round in which we'll play Birmingham!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a perfect month. Had some tight matches but the main thing is the win. Pretty happy with my signings too. I've made some free signings already and they're coming in June, one of them a very decent looking defensive midfielder. Many of our players contracts are running out in the summer but I've given my key players new contracts.

Player of the Month

Lewis Dunk

Lewis%20Dunk-812836

Done so well for us this year he's managed to displace Matt Upson to form a partnership with Greer.

Table

View attachment 377853

Beasting and feasting!!!​

Doing great Sam - some decent signings too!!!

Doing great Sam - some decent signings too!!!
Cheers, pretty happy with Boyce so cheaply. I know he's old but he's a good cheap stop gap till I can get someone better.

Feb coming up in a bit :D