From The Championship To The Champions League - A Brighton & Hove Albion Story

Summer Transfers 2013/14

transfer-window.jpg

So I promised poaching and plenty of signings, here they all are!!

View attachment 378702View attachment 378703

So plenty of changes this summer as I gutted the squad of some of the older players on high wages like Upson, Lopez and Del Horno. I also let Boyce leave as his wage demands were too high for my liking. Also leaving was Ulloa who I felt I got an okay fee for, plus I want to give Maupay more games and also I signed Leigh Griffiths on a free. Orlandi left as he was a squad player last year and with my new signings he wouldn't have featured. Croft was also sold to Palace after I started chasing Jon Williams.

Coming in was a number of regens and also I spent a fair bit of money on Jesper Juelsgard who is a Danish left back and also Jon Williams from Palace!! I got a number of players on a free including Karim Ait Fana, McDonaldo Mariga, and Nacho from Madrid. Anyway here are the new lads:

Renatinho

View attachment 378708

Versatile Brazilian centre back regen I poached from United, going to have to improve his tackling but if he develops well could be a very good player.

George Towers

View attachment 378709

Young regen keeper who looks alright.

Joe Brooks

View attachment 378710

Quite excited about this guy, he looks pretty decent and will certainly get game time this year.

Jesper Juelsgard

View attachment 378711

Had him on my Vitesse save and he was a beast. Our new left back.

Jack Robinson

View attachment 378712

The young Englishman comes in as Juelsgard's deputy, will certainly feature.

Loic Nego

View attachment 378713

Free signing from Roma, out on loan this season. Doesn't look all that but for free can't complain.

Karim Ait Fana

View attachment 378714

He was such a beast on FM12 if anyone remembers. Happy to get him on a free, will certainly help us in our survival bid.

McDonald Mariga

View attachment 378715

Looks a very good ball winning midfielder, will rotate with Bridcutt.

Nacho

View attachment 378716

Very happy to get this lad on a free, a number of teams were after him so I'm glad he chose to come here.

Thibault Moulin

View attachment 378717

Another lad in on a free, his versatility will be useful.

Thomas Lemar

View attachment 378718

Very young but could develop into a useful player. Again on a free so can't go wrong.

Christopher Jullien

View attachment 378719

Young French centre back in on a free again. Looks pretty alright for us.

Djamel Bakar

View attachment 378720

Our new right winger, looks pretty good and again a free.

Matt Phillips

View attachment 378722

Very happy to pick up the young Scot on a compensation fee after his contract had run down.

Leigh Griffiths

View attachment 378725

Signed on a free from Wolves. Has some very nice stats and will rotate with Maupay.

Angel

View attachment 378723

I needed a backup right back and picked this guy up on the cheap.

Jon Williams

View attachment 378724

Always wanted to sign this lad and try to develop him, looks alright and hopefully can make an impact.

That's it for the transfers lad, I had to do a separate post for this as I felt doing the August post with it too would be too much!!

Last edited:
Good signings mate, especially those regens! If you keep your momentum from last year I don't see you having a major battle against relegation and my prediction is that you'll finish between 8th and 12th and get to a cup semi final, no pressure ;)

Good signings mate, especially those regens! If you keep your momentum from last year I don't see you having a major battle against relegation and my prediction is that you'll finish between 8th and 12th and get to a cup semi final, no pressure ;)
Haha I'll be surprised if we get that high. I reckon maybe 15th but you never know!!

August will be up in a bit :)

I long for the days when I will be able to spend £20m with Hartlepool lol - good luck in the Premiership

August 2013

amex-l229-982348_478x359.jpg

Thrilling first game in the league against Spurs
So close to upset against City
Immense match against Forest in the Capital One Cup

League

Brighton 3 - 5 Tottenham

Maupay, Nacho, Moulin

View attachment 378754

Well what a thrilling first match in teh BPL!!! We honestly could have got a result here but Tottenham's clinical finishing was the difference.

Ipswich 1 - 3 Brighton

Phillips, Maupay, LuaLua

Very easy win here over our fellow promoted side, was a relief to get some points on the board.

Brighton 0 - 2 Manchester City

Hmmm we were drawing until the 70th minute when David Silva netted. Dzeko scored just after to flatter them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Second Round

Nottingham Forest 4 - 5 Brighton

Greer, LuaLua, Griffiths, Moulin, Phillips

View attachment 378755

Wow.... what a match!! A real thriller here. Goals galore, red card, last minute winner. I fielded some of the kiddies here and they did pretty well to be fair. Griffiths scored and got sent off on his debut!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a pretty good month to be fair. Its hard to gauge ourselves playing two top teams in Spurs and City but going on performances I think we'll be alright. All the new signings seemed to have settled in nicely and Maupay has scored twice already which is nice.

Bad news is Toma Kuszczak has picked up an injury and is out for SIX MONTHS!!! Towers will come in until I can get in an emergency loan keeper.

Player of the Month

Neal Maupay

Neal-Maupay-130120-Dribbles-AI-300.jpg

Three appearances, two goals and two assists. Promising start to the season.

Table

View attachment 378756

Interesting start but like I said we can't really gauge ourselves till we play some teams more our level.

Sorry for the lack of updates people, kinda bored of FM right now. Having a fiddle with the editor to relegating Chelsea to League One, putting them in financial worries kinda thing. So you have to sell the big players and use the decent youth they have. Not sure how its gonna work as I'm pretty **** with the editor.