From The Championship To The Champions League - A Brighton & Hove Albion Story

Fulham have blatantly got me in charge, heh...

Also, good signings and keep up the good work mate :)

February 2013

Brighton-and-Hove-Albion--Withdean-Stadium_1058477.jpg

Form stutters a tad, not that it really matters
Replay needed against Birmingham
Ulloa only nets one goal this month :O

League

Brighton 1 - 1 Charlton

Buckley

Will Buckley saves our blushes here netting in the 75th minute, we pushed and pushed but couldn't get a winner sadly.

Brighton 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Maupay

Another draw :O whaaaat. Neal Maupay saves us here with a goal in the 76th minute this time!!

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 2 Brighton

Bruno, Maupay

BETTER!! Solid performance away from home with Maupay netting again :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Fifth Round

Birmingham 2 - 2 Brighton

Buckley, Greer

They scored, we equalised. They scored again, we equalised again. Simple as that. We were lucky though, could have easily lost it here.

Fifth Round Replay

Brighton 3 - 0 Birmingham

Del Horno, Upson, Ulloa

View attachment 377926

Much better here. Great to see Del Horno score. Either Manchester United or Barnsley next..... wonder who I get.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

An okay month, obviously not happy dropping points against Charlton but they grabbed an early goal then chucked 10 men behind the ball!! Pleased to get into the Quarter Final's of the FA Cup though, even though we'll most likely get knocked out by United its been a good run!!

Bad news this month though and Gordon Greer is basically out for the rest of season sadly :/

View attachment 377954

Good job the league's basically wrapped up and we're not battling for a play-off spot or something!!

Player of the Month

Will Buckley

2157481.jpg

Just been an absolute beast this season. Goals and assists galore from the right winger.

Table

View attachment 377955

Purely a matter of when and not if.​

Last edited:
Maupay in the Championship - every time I see that I get all jealous - me and Hartlepool are obviously going to do things the hard way lol

Maupay in the Championship - every time I see that I get all jealous - me and Hartlepool are obviously going to do things the hard way lol
He's played second fiddle to Ulloa all season, only starting playing him a lot more recently as we've already won the league basically!!

March 2013

article-2303125-190D72F2000005DC-644_634x487.jpg

Youth Intake month!!!
Thrilling tie against United in the FA Cup
Promotion secured this month

League

Brighton 3 - 0 Bournemouth

Barnes, Dunk, Ulloa

Solid win over lowely Bournemouth. Lewis Dunk is really showing me he's something special!!

Brighton 2 - 0 Yeovil

Ibe(2)

Finally Jordon Ibe nets for us after having around 100 shots!! Good win here.

Watford 0 - 0 Brighton

Far from a bore draw here as both teams had plenty of shots but the quality of finishing was poor here.

Brighton 2 - 1 Blackpool

Buckley, Dunk

View attachment 378169

Thrilling game here but that boy Lewis Dunk nets again!!! Goal machine of a centre back.

Doncaster 0 - 0 Brighton

We threw everything at them including the kitchen sink but again couldn't score.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Quarter Final

Brighton 0 - 0 Manchester United

Not only did we compete with them, we should have won. Never mind, replay it is again.

Quarter Final Replay

Manchester United 3 - 1 Brighton

Orlandi

View attachment 378174

Meh, we were outclassed here as to be expected. Equaliser just before half-time gave me hope of a miracle but it didn't happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So results not great with a number of draws but I'm tinkering and experimenting really. Maupay's been getting more game time but seems to be blowing hot and cold a bit. Anyway youth intake month and here's the lad I got who looks alright with 5* PA

View attachment 378176

Looks alright. I have done some VERY VERY good poaching from United and Chelsea of their intakes, your'll see in the summer ;)

Also we got a parent club in Manchester United!! Will probably be cancelled in the summer though when we're promoted as thats what normally happens.

View attachment 378177

Player of the Month

Lewis Dunk

5ac0391a-c711-4277-958e-5a0416c50e34_2e031fe6-fcb7-40a2-9346-23aba1d79954.jpg

Don't wanna give it to him every month but he's been our best player this month by a country mile.

Table

View attachment 378178

Yep... still top!!!​

Nice mate, youre doing incredibly. Shame QPR aren't doing that well considering their squad. :(

Nice mate, youre doing incredibly. Shame QPR aren't doing that well considering their squad. :(
Thanks man, yeah I'm tipping them for the play-offs though.

Basically finished the season lads so updates tomorrow!!

They should do, guessing you're on the LFC Marchall before they lost Remy and Taarabt? If so they should boss. If you can get taarabt i highly recommend him especially if you retrain him to play on the wings as an inside forward. Can not wait to get him back on my story.

Can't believe how Wigan are doing. Looking forward to seeing your summer poaching :)

Nice regen and promotion is in the bag!
Can't wait for the next update and your poaching..

Nice regen and promotion is in the bag!
Can't wait for the next update and your poaching..
Yeah he looks alright but not sure if he'll develop we'll enough. Thanks update will be up when I get back from work!! Looking forward to show you guys my regen poaching :D

Can't believe how Wigan are doing. Looking forward to seeing your summer poaching
I know it's crazy, ill certainly look at some of their players when I go up!!

They should do, guessing you're on the LFC Marchall before they lost Remy and Taarabt? If so they should boss. If you can get taarabt i highly recommend him especially if you retrain him to play on the wings as an inside forward. Can not wait to get him back on my story.
Yeah I am, Remy hasn't done too well but scored against me!! Taarabt left for PSG I think, no doubt he'll get unhappy so I might poach him.

April 2013

article-1336943-0C680792000005DC-731_634x438.jpg

Strong league form continues
Title all wrapped up officially
Stunning match against Wigan
Ashley Barnes picks up horror injury

League

Brighton 1 - 0 Blackburn

Ulloa

A late goal from Ulloa gave us the win here. Tight match!!

Derby 1 - 1 Brighton

LuaLua

Tight match again, they took an early lead but we pressed from then on and finally broke through with a good goal from Kazenga LuaLua in the 64th minute.

Wigan 2 - 3 Brighton

Lopez, Dunk(2)

View attachment 378483

Woah, just what a match. Thank God for Lewis Dunk and his absolutely beastly ways. Hero.

Millwall 1 - 1 Brighton

LuaLua

Kazenga to the rescue again after Millwall took an early and it took until 70th minute for us to pull one back.

Brighton 1 - 0 Barnsley

Lopez

Straight forward win here as we pick up the three points thanks to a David Lopez tap in.

Brighton 2 - 0 Leicester

Dunk, Orlandi

Very good win here as I hate Leicester!! So I was more than happy to end their Play Off hopes with a good win here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a good month on the pitch as we were finally officially unveiled as Champions. The Play Off's are still very open and going down to the last day with only Middlesbrough securing a spot so far. The relegation spots are still to be decided with Yeovil confirmed as going down but Doncaster, Bournemouth and Leeds are left to fight it out for survival on the final day.

Bad news for Ashley Barnes though as he'll miss basically the whole of next season with the worst injury I've ever had on FM.

View attachment 378485

Horrible injury, he's a pretty good player for us and key with his versatility. A real shame but hopefully he can come back and still play for us in the Premier League.

Player of the Month

David Lopez

_66963810_david_lopez.jpg

The ex Bilbao man had a very good month.

Table

View attachment 378486

Very happy to have broken the 100 point mark.​

May and End of Season Awards

TOPIC%20NPOWER%20CHAMPIONS%20LEAGUE%20TROPHY-813643

Final league game a victory
Awards a disappointment
Big changes planned for next season

Final League Game

Ipswich 0 - 1 Brighton

Ulloa

We ended our season with a comfortable win over Ipswich. It should have been more but Maupay just hasn't managed to find his shooting boots this season. Ulloa netted just after he came on but he has also had a bad second half of the season casting doubts over whether he can cut it in the Premier League....

Final League Table

View attachment 378534View attachment 378535

So we finish on a whopping 113 points which I believe is a new league record. Leeds ended up slipping into the relegation zone after losing at home to Bournemouth on the final day!!! Drama much!! Ipswich actually went on to win the play-offs after beating QPR in extra time, Wigan had an awful season.

Player Stats for the league is interesting... Buckley was a beast and Forster-Caskey was highly impressive.

View attachment 378537

Dunk was the best player in the league but didn't receive any awards at all, somehow Kuszczak was beaten to the TOTS by Cesar even though he had a whopping 25 clean sheets!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 378538View attachment 378539

So Lewis Dunk was kind of the surprise package, he started behind Upson and Greer in the pecking order but soon became key to our charge on the title. Will Buckley picked up a sensational amount of assists, I was tempted to sell him at the start of the season when Palace bid £4m for him but I'm so happy I kept him.

Jordon Ibe failed to settle so I doubt I'll make another move for him. Wootton was sensational as well but United want £9m to sign him and that's too much for me. Del Horno was a great purchase too but I wont renew his contract due to age. Jordi Gomez was also a solid player on loan but I'll be looking for someone better and younger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Awards

Top Goalscorer

1. Jordan Rhodes
2. Pavel Pogrebnyak
3. Leonardo Ulloa

View attachment 378540

Manager of the Year

Me!!

View attachment 378541

At least I didn't get screwed out of this award!!

Team of the Season

View attachment 378542

Shocking Cesar beat Tomas to the keeper position, obviously rep came into it. Upson at left back is also a shock as he only filled in there occasionally.

Manager's Player of the Season

Will Buckley

View attachment 378543

Brilliant season from the lad with a huge number of assists. Terrorised defences with his skill and pace!!

Manager's Young Player of the Season

Lewis Dunk

View attachment 378544

What a season this lad has had. Our best player by a mile, will boss the back line for years to come.

So that's it for this season, I've lined up a massive number of free transfers and been handed an okay kitty. I'm confident we can stay up next year, but that will probably be as good as it gets!! Thanks for reading.

113 points!!
Nice!
Thanks man, Championship isn't too hard I tore it up with Blackpool on my first save of FM13.

Just finished August, so I'll post an update tomorrow :D

Thanks man, Championship isn't too hard I tore it up with Blackpool on my first save of FM13.

Just finished August, so I'll post an update tomorrow :D

Cool, can't wait!

Looking forward to the update. Love seeing peoples signings :D