From the Dole to the Top! - Thank you Bath City

Brechin City Play-off 2nd Leg

View attachment 782229vsView attachment 296697

View attachment 296696

Play off 2nd Leg - Away
Team Line ups

View attachment 296687View attachment 296686

Even though we have a first leg lead we come into this one as the away team underdog. We packed out the midfield with the intention of slowing the game down at every chance and keeping possession to frustrate the opposition.
A very tired Callum Tapping made the line up because I would need his experience as one of the best players at the club to drive us on. Dunfermline shot everything they could at us within the first 10 minutes I was amazed at the score line staying 0-0 as we won headers and Walker made very important saves. When we finally got a foot in the game a passing move saw Wood playing in Ferguson for him to just put it wide, A free kick about 35 yards out and that man Sammy Stewart is over it he hits it with a hammer blow and it shoots towards the goal the keeper can only parry it and Tapping following the ball in manages a tap in!!! 1-0 5-3 on Agg... that goal silences the crowd and gives us a massive confidence boost as we control the game for long periods. It becomes more apparent that we have picked the correct team instruction as Dunfermline are getting silly yellow cards.
HT
After the restart Dunfermline's most influential player this season see's red Falkingham gone this hands us the advantage.
At Ht both centre backs Johnston and Gordon are on 7.2+ rating they are both having great games and Johnston's game got better as he latched onto a McDougall corner smashing it home for 2-0 6-3 on Agg
10,000 strong crown saw Dunfermline rally to a late come back as they grabbed a goal in the 81 and 87th minute but the time was running away from them, we made tactical subs and wasted time whenever we had the chance. 6-5 finishing score

Morton await in a strange two leg final even though they are in the division above.

Player of the match- Sammy Stewart 8.1 rating from midfield
More and more influential as the season has gone on can Sammy fire us into the Championship!

View attachment 296681

Let me know what you think guys, the Final will be posted tomorrow!​

Last edited:
Scottish League 1 - Strange 2 Leg Final

View attachment 782632vsView attachment 782635

Final

View attachment 296508View attachment 296507

Playing the away leg first we are major underdogs, Morton are in the division above too, so couple of reasons behind that, but after the magic of the semi final we could have another upset.
Nervous start from us as we can't keep the ball as we normally can with team in our normal division and this is a clear step up in class, that shows as in the 5th minute Lawrence Shankland puts them 1-0 up. Surprising this settles us down as we have nothing to lose now and play a lot calmer we match them pass for pass, header for header for the rest of the game. I had a real feeling our luck had just ran out at this point as we did make chances but nothing for our strikers to cleanly put away. The game becomes very slow we have played alot of games in a short period a time and that was really catching up on the players.
FT 1-0

Player of the match - Liam Gordon 7.4 rating

2nd leg Home tie

Despite the fixtures coming thick and fast I fancy us to turn around a 1-0 deficit, the bookies think other wise. We start the game in typical fashion passing and moving the ball around our 5 strong in midfield with Wood dropping to give us that extra man. But before I could praise our good start we are 2-0 down -McNeil and Orr.
10 minutes later and Hero from the semi final is waving his magic wand determined to keep us going Gary Wood a clear fans favourite put us back in with a slim shout surely he can't bag a crazy hat trick like last time could he!!!...
NO BUT Steven Jackson enters the field for a laboured Liam Gordon and immediately makes an impact grabbing a vital goal and putting the score 3-2 on Aggregate with the crowd up we march on putting as much pressure on going forward as we can, 10 minutes later Thomas Orr puts the tie and our hopes to bed! 4-2 we are far too tired and have give all we have got to get this far.
The crowd rises at Glebe park and cheer the boys off for a valiant effort and a good season reaching the play-offs

Player of the match - Gary Wood
led the line very well with tired legs

A disappointing end to the season but I feel we can maybe take the league title next season, I don't feel I have done enough to move up a league just yet.
let me know what you think guys, tips for lower league management?

Last edited:
end of season/New season news - Brechin City

The end of a hard season and I have grown to enjoy my time in Scotland, still not sure about the league system and play off scenario that happened, but I do feel that with a few addition that we can achieve promotion next season.
Great news I was offered a one year extension the Brechin City dream continues

New Season Odds

View attachment 296487

We are second in odds to win the league at 20-1 that is still a outside shot, as you can see we had two players in the team of the year in Mclean and Ferguson.

Transfers

View attachment 296486
Coming in this season, Luke Johnston a very good centre back that we had last season got him in on a free which is nice because he was improving last season with us. Sean Mclean and Stewart Bell come in but are re-gens who are ok for this level but not first team just yet. Craig McCall in next a centre midfield with very nice physicals, his work rate and teamwork are excellent for this division and he came from the division below he is looking to make the step up. Kyle Cameron a poor young centre back recommended by the new Assistant manager he has high potential judging and current ability but he got this one wrong. Russell Dingwell scored goals against us last season for Stranraer my personal rival last season, let hope he can have the same impact for us. Josh Beattie a youngster we had on loan last season can deliver a nice cross from time to time hopeful of improvement from him this season. Ross Parry is a very useful defender who will be in and around the first team and can cover and centre back and right back. Last is a covering goal keeper David Mackay as I was anticipating losing my current cover. We lost a few fringe players a couple went of free's but we did manage to salvage a deal out of a couple of players and the Og has moved on I just could't get him into the team.
One transfer not on the the page is Gary Wood, I secured his loan for this season after the amazing Hat trick he hit for us in the Semi finals, i think with him upfront we have a the best chance we are going to have at winning a title since starting this journey!

First Month Results

View attachment 296452

The season started with two cup games we played Raith in the first and got beat convincingly really, they are in the division above but its always nice to test yourself higher, next we had East fife a good 2-0 win then saw us draw Rangers in the next round. The league form started with two impressive wins and that is much better than last season. Sammy Stewart scoring a goal in the first three wins we had this season, very impressive start from the midfield general, Stranraer at it again with a 2-2 draw followed by the expected loss to Rangers I found the player a bit down from the instant loss of from, Dunfermline making that even worse but handing us our first loss of the league season. Despite the loss and draw we sat 2nd in the league behind early pace setters Stirling.

Player of the month - Sammy Stewart 4 goals 7 games
Impressive start from the midfielder

let me know what you think of the new signings, screen shots if requested. Nice to be over 1,000 views keep them coming​

Last edited:
Excellent form - Brechin City

View attachment 296282

September Results
3 Wins 0 Defeats 1 Draw

Excellent month for us, confidence is very high with the team and that is reflected in the play. After the disappointing finish to the last month I wasn't expecting this. what makes this run of results that little bit more special is the fact we have been getting goal from all over the pitch not just one player. Sammy Stewart continues his rich form this season by opening the scoring against Frofar. McCall and Ferguson getting one each against East Fife a late penalty for them takes the clean sheet away. 0-0 was a bit harsh but I think it was a good result as it was a mid week fixture and we can't really rotate the team at the minute. The last game of the month was a top of the table class we are in 2nd with Stirling a couple of point ahead, with that in mind it was a vital win to put us top and not allow a team to start running away with it like last season Hibernian.

Player of the Month - Sammy Stewart 3 Goals 4 Games
We have been getting a lot of penalties this season and Sammy Stewart has been clinical in taking them

View attachment 296279

October Results
2 Wins 0 Defeats 2 Draws

Still no defeat now two months unbeaten, We carried the Stirling from straight into the Airdrie game we just pushed them to the side and got the win. Gary Wood sealing the win in 90+ minutes with a outrageous volley inside the area. I was beginning to feel he was a one season wonder but he showed us he is here for the season!
The Berwick game we were second to most of the play but we managed to come out of that one with a point rescued rather than dropping 2. Stewart with another pen! 2-0 against Albion rovers, Gary Wood starting things off with an early goal and Tapping securing a nice victory, extending our lead at the top to 5 points.
1-1 in the cup, we tried to rotate but as soon as we do the team doesn't attack or defend with the same quality.

Player of the Month - Gary Wood 3 Goals 4 games

let me know what you think of the early season from, this feels like the season but just hopes at the minute

Form is temporary - Brechin City

View attachment 295980

November Results
2 Wins 4 Defeats 0 Draws

I think the most important thing to note while the form of the team was up and down is that we lost Sammy Stewart for a few months due to a broken arm, somehow that injury coincided with the lost of form. I didn't think one player could have such effect on a team.
Starting this month with a close fought 1-0 defeat at Dunfermline, despite their false position in the league I would consider them one of the strong teams in the league. The cup replay we did rotate a little but didn't see the quality we are expecting 1-0 victory and a nice draw against Aberdeen at home and on TV will bring in some nice funds. Stranraer against beat us, I despise them now!. A much needed win against Forfar was welcomed as the league is starting to tighten up again with our loss of form, Stenhousemuir becoming one of the form team in the league with Stirling right on our tails, especially with the loss at East Fife!
Ending the month with the money spinning tie against Aberdeen we played ok but class prevailed and as a semi-professional outfit, fitness was key come the end of the game they got 2 in the last 10 minutes.

We sit in 2nd but the league is tight. Stirling going top

Player of the Month - Ryan Ferguson 1 Goal 6 Games
scoring in the only league win

View attachment 295979

December Results
0 Wins 2 Defeats 3 Draws

Turns out that Brechin players hate the cold weather! Worst month this season for results no wins, missing Stewart more than ever as we have no ideas in midfield. We still play with the ball but seems that the players can't put clear chances on for the strikers.
The Stirling draw was good, we didn't lose ground on them, no player really playing well taking the game by the neck, Gary Wood opened the scoring in the 5th minute after that it was a end to end game and they got the break through in the 2nd half we had no response. The draw's continued with Airdrie a team we really should be beating, a penalty in the 54th minute scored by Thomas Grant a player I got on loan from Falkirk to see if he could come in while Stewart was missing, they scored a late reply in the 84th minute, I fear that if we were professional we would be able to hold onto more of these results not conceding late goals. Defeat at Stenhousemuir they are in really good from and it was hard game to come into having not won in a long time they took advantage of that and showed us morale can be key. Berwick result was a kick in the stones Rob Ogelby a player we let go to Berwick getting the assist. Finishing with another draw 1-1 this time Albion Rovers, again a game we should have won.
Not really too sure how I can force the change in form, formation I think will be the first, maybe two upfront to try and take more of the chances we do provide.
Down to 3rd in the league Stirling and Stenhousemuir above us but still in touching distance no panic just yet

Player of the month - Gary Wood 3 Goals 5 Games

Let me know what you think guys, how can we change the form.​

New year, New results - Brechin City

After as problem with my PC, Brechin City are back and I played a fair chunk of the season so this might be a longer post

View attachment 295240

January Results
3 Wins 1 Defeat 0 Draws

So after the terrible form at the end of December it was nice to get back to winning ways after the unlucky defeat to Dunfermline 2-1. But I would take that defeat any day to enjoy the 4-1 victory over Stranraer, Lavery, Ferguson, Wood and Stewart grabbing the goals. 3-1 win over Forfar was a good way to back up our form thanks to two late goals. A clean sheet and another 3 goals against East Fife. After thinking we has no chance in the league back to winning has seen us stay within contention with Stirling and Sternhousemuir.

Player of the Month - Callum Tapping - 2 Goals 4 Games

View attachment 295233

February Results
3 Wins 1 Defeat 0 Draws

Two top of the table clashes at the start of February, away at Sternhousemuir a huge vital goal from Ross Perry a new centre back at the club this season and these three point put us 1 point behind Stirling with them up next. Stirling at home we dominate the game from start to finish Liam Gordon kicking of the win, another centre back with a vital goal, a Lavery penalty and a late goal from consistent left back Hamilton 3-1 and two points clear back at the top of the league. The Airdie result was a set back in what could have been an impressive run but the Berwick result was what was needed to keep us at the top.

Player of the month - Liam Gordon 1 Goal and two impressive displays against Stirling and Sternhousemuir

View attachment 295228

March Results
2 Wins 0 Defeats 1 Draw

8 games to go, another massive goal from Ross Perry against Albion Rovers, the home pitch has been in terrible condition all season and I think that could have effected some of our home results, including this poor 1-0 victory but at this stage of the season and win is considered a good one. The old enemy held us to a 1-1 draw after this result I was thinking it was going to be very tight but turn out that both our rivals had lost their games so I see this as a point gained, Thomas Grant getting the goal. Finishing the month with a epic 3-2 win over Dunfermline epic due to the 90+1 minute winner from Steven McDougall. He has had a poor season in comparison to last season with injuries keeping him out but he has came up with a great winner when needed. That result putting us 5 points clear with 5 games to go

Player of the Month - Steven McDougall for his late winner

Little bit lacking in detail but I wanted a quick update let me know what you think of the results 5 to go surely I can hang on and put a league title on the CV​

Promotion Challenge - Brechin City

View attachment 785839

The Final Push

View attachment 295164

April Results
2 Wins 1 Defeat 2 Draws

A draw against East Fife keeps me worried that we are going to mess all the hard work up, but looking at the fixture two important games against the main rivals, Bottom of the league Forfar push us all the way as they are fighting for survival, Gary Wood with the vital goal. Stenhousemuir with their last shot at us and an exciting game end in 3-3. 3-1 up we were in the squeeky *** time as they came back with all they had. With that point sealing

SCOTTISH LEAGUE 1 TITLE - BRECHIN CITY CHAMPIONS

Rotation of the team came into effect in the last two games with Stirling beating us 1-0 and the Brechin fans celebrating the title at home in style with a confident 3-0 win youngster Liam Scott getting the opening goal followed by Brown and Johnston!

Final Table
View attachment 295158

Airdrie with a sneaky late push and grabbing the play off final place sealing promotion beating Morton
From the league table it can be seen that we scored the most goal and conceded very few with the greater goal difference being key in our promotion push

END OF SEASON REVIEW

View attachment 295151

Most Appearances - Kevin Walker very consistent all season and key keeping clean sheets when needed
Most Assist - Gary Wood (9) excellent all season
Most Goals - Gary Wood (13) goal machine
Highest Average rating - Liam Gordon 7.08

View attachment 295148View attachment 295146

Sammy Stewart the man was pure inspiration for the team this season, looking at his stats he is nothing to write home about but with an average rating in the league of 7.10, (12) Goals, (7) assists from the box to box midfielder. He will never have a season like that again and with that was rightly given the award:

Player of the Year
View attachment 295142

Gary Wood was excellent all season and (13) goals may not seems a lot but he did rotate with Lavery for most of the season and Lavery got (8) goals himself. Also providing 9 assists I think he was an excellent punt in the first end of season and well worth getting for the second.

At the back Liam Gordon, Johnston and Ross Perry at the end of the season all had very good defensive seasons.

(Managers) Player of the Year - Sammy Stewart

I've decided my time in Scotland is over and a new challenge is needed, my hope is to get a league 1 side as I would feel my experience is not good enough for the Championship at the minute. I have lots of leagues open so maybe a move into Europe could be next.

Sammy Stewart and Gary Wood join the legends list with Ross Stearn

Any suggestions on my next move?, teams I apply for will follow on the next post​

The Next Chapter ?

Manager History
View attachment 294868

After leading Bath to a unrealistic promotion to the conference and then 2 years at Brechin City bringing a play off final and then a Scottish league one championship. Chairman from around the globe are scrabbling to get me in as their manager. Forget Mourinho, Pep Guardiola and stuff your Mancini's, Rodgers, Klopps. Barnes is the guy they all want. Well at least these clubs did:

View attachment 294872
Yes! Tunisia are huge fans of Scottish league one, this could have been a interesting step on the ladder getting some international experience.

View attachment 294871
Barcelona come calling I know they loved what I did in Bath and Brechin, Brechin City also know as the Scottish Barca for their tiki taka playing style
I can't believe my luck, and your right it was Barcelona B on the phone, this was a top offer I would be working in Spain with the best academy around but I would have no leverage on players I would be expected to win with what had been produced.

After a long think over the offers that had been tabled and rejecting those that I considered a step backwards. A late team become available after some manager movements in England. I shot my CV in the post and sat back in my chair preparing for a life back on the dole

View attachment 294869

Oldham Athletic in the Sky Bet League 1, the phone rang and an interview was made they had a few questions about previous offers and questioned my press conferences again, maybe I'm a bit controversial in my conferences but I put on my best suit and told them I'm the man for you!
I could be working with the best academy or travelling the world with international football but I League 1 could be my time to flurrish!

View attachment 786555View attachment 294866

Oldham Athletic offered a two year deal and I accepted

Bound for Boundary park

Should I have gone to Tunisia or Barcelona (B), I think Oldham is the perfect fit!

Last edited:
Really well laid out and I enjoyed it! All the best with Oldham

Really well laid out and I enjoyed it! All the best with Oldham
thanks for the comment, my layout has evolved over the thread as this is my first one but I'm set on the layout now
Oldham should be a good club to go into next.

Hopefully update with transfers soon

Pre-season, Transfers - Building Oldham team

View attachment 294497

Dealing with the largest budget I have been given since the start of my career allowed me to look for some players to really improve the squad and the wage budget allowed was 40k, when I came in the current squad wages was just below 30k so a nice bit of wages to attract some players.

Looking at the history of the club in recent season they had been relegated and the promoted again finishing in 14th last season.

View attachment 294496

So a bit of a Yo-Yo club that really could do with stabilizing in the current league. I told the board on my employment that I could get the team to a mid table finish, the league prediction was a slight scare on that front as we are predicted to finish 16th.

View attachment 294494

Surprising to see Watford down in this league, their squad is by far the best in the league including Delph and Deeney i can see why they are favourites for promotion. Sheff Utd and the Post will also be up their in for the title. I feel with the right signings we could push a little higher up than predicted, maybe play-offs.

Signings in and out

View attachment 294487

First thing I looked at when coming into Oldham who did we have here what formation could I use this season and can I get players to fit the formation rather than sign the 'best' players available.
I decided to try a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield it may change depending on results. But to fit in with that formation I started with a look at our affiliated clubs: Man City and Newcastle
Thanks to Man City the loaned us 3 very good players the top one being Angelino a very good left back who can attack and cross. Samuelson is a technical centre midfielder who is not so good at defending, Oseni a young defender with very capable stats in all areas.

View attachment 294484View attachment 294483

I decided to take a look at the African nation as young players who play for their national team often can be offered a contract and come in on a free, in doing that we got in N'Diaye a good young left back so that position is well covered now. I took a blind punt on Ndjock who is a ok Goalkeeper, but i was hoping for something better. I then assessed the free market and found Craig Tanner available and instantly put a contract in for him, I've had him on previous saves and that is not a guarantee that he will be the same, but he could play the tip of the diamond and was a fairly cheap deal.
View attachment 294481

I wanted a new striker and Adam Armstrong was my main with Newcastle being out affiliate I assumed he would be happy to move, he declined the move only later to go to Shrewsbury who are in our league!
I'm not bitter!
We went for another young striker at a Premiership club in Alex Samuel I knew about this guy due to a friends recommendation that he can score at the this level. Jones (CB) and Rees (RB) come in on loan from Liverpool and Cardiff respectively.
View attachment 294480View attachment 294479

I look into my Goalkeeping situation as the African scouting didn't produce this time and the only real available candidate was Brad Jones who looking at his stats are not terrible but I feel his confidence might not be their to become a consistent performer.
Louis Thompson was the late addition to the club with Paulo Jorge our only real defensive ball winner I needed a bit more steal in their and he has good physicals and work rate but not technically the best but a 5 yard pass to those who are better is all that should be needed from him.

View attachment 294478View attachment 294477

I am looking for one player player maybe a wide midfielder in case the formation need to change for a plan B. In terms on signings out all the free transfers were out when I arrived at the club, a few loan players out since I got the job.

Let me know what you think of the signing, have I got any diamonds from your saves.​

A Steady start - Oldham Athletic

View attachment 294424

View attachment 294426

August Results
2 Wins 2 Defeats 1 Draw

We had a good pre season, but I wanted to get straight into our first month results. Starting with a win 3-2 against Exeter, I always think if you win your first game you will have a good season. Poleon (2) and Samuel getting the goals to give us a nice start to the campaign. Defeat to Leeds in the cup, we didn't disgrace ourselves but they did have a better touch in the final third. But that defeat must have has a bearing on the Blackpool result as we suffer another 2-0. Rotherham who are top of the league a good 1-1 draw as they have set an early pace in the league. A nice way to round of the month getting our second win thanks to Alex Samuel who it seems every shot he hits goes in the top corner. A great start to his career loan at Oldham Athletic.

Player of the month - Alex Samuel 3 Goals 5 Games

View attachment 294425

September Results
5 Wins 1 Defeat 1 Draw

A excellent month better than I could have hoped for with so many wins. Started off with a 1-0 win over Shrewsbury Poleon with the goal but I would put the win down to the defence they all played well. Doncaster 3-1 was a nice win in the JTP I did rotate the squad for this one with so many games in the month, Jack Ryan getting 2 in one of his first games of the season I was impressed with his pace and ability to finish. Back to the league, Burton 3-2 Alex Samuel getting another brace and Angelino hitting a spectacular free kick. 0-0 with Tranmere was a good result, they are one of the better form teams in the league. Scunthorpe followed Samuel got another but it was Whitehead who got the winning goal he is a decent striker and delivered with a tremendous volley from a Angelino cross.
The Posh got a beating Poleon and Rees with a late goal securing another win in a impressive month. First defeat of the month came at the hands of Gillingham 3-2, losing a 2-0 lead in a disastrous second half.

Player of the month - Alex Samuel 4 Goals 7 Games

Form out then back - Oldham Athletic

View attachment 294082

View attachment 294081

October Results
1 Win 5 Defeats 0 Draws

Poor month after a great start to the season the honeymoon period is over, I have no explanation of why or how our form dropped off so bad. No major injuries to the team to make us any weaker and the teams we played are not the best in the league.
Sheff Utd kicked it all off and I would consider them one of the better teams. Thompson saw red in this game to really let the team down after that they ran away with the game really only for us to get a late penalty consolation at the end.
Walsall in the cup should have been a win really we got off to a terrible star with Paulo Jorge scoring a early own goal, that basically kicked the confidence out of the team. Walsall in the league next again we suffered defeat not scoring enough goals is really hurting after having Samuel on form in front of goal and Poleon grabbing a few they look like they will never score again. Thankfully they finally put their boots on the correct feet for the Preston tie, we won 4-2 a very much needed win Samuel, Poleon and Tanner (2) scoring the goals. When Tanner is on form he is a menace to any team in this division, I hope he can bring some consistency to his performances. Rochdale came and showed us why they are second in the league, it was after this game that I knew I needed to change . The diamond formation was great when we had the ball attacking but defending if the opposition switched the ball quickly then we are left exposed at right back and left back. So I switch to a 4-2-3-1 keeping Tanner in Shadow striker behind Samuel. Poleon moving to left wing.
That didn't work as we suffered another defeat in the last game of the month to Watford who have sacked Mick McCarthy due to terrible league position down in 20th and hired Gary Kelly just before our game. I'm going to put it out there that it was a new manager effect why they won and not my new tactics.
This poor form left us mid table clinging onto a play off dream.

Player of the Month - Craig Tanner 2 Goals in the one win we did get

View attachment 294079

November Results
4 Wins 0 Defeats 0 Draws

Back to winning ways! 4 clean sheets. Brad Jones finding is gloves at last. Bradford first up and not a convincing win by any means but we played the game the right way stopping them from really getting lots of shot on target, taking our chances when they came. Mike Jones with a acute finish and Tanner with a stunning penalty. FA Cup 1st round and we dispatched of Maidstone with ease, again I rotated the team for this game James Bailey was shooting from all over and scored two great goal from outside the box.
Back to the league and two much needed wins the first a uninspiring 1-0 thanks to an own goal, then a big clash against top of the league run aways Southend. I was expecting defeat from this one as they have gone of like a firework at the top of the league. Goals from Liam Kelly and Samuel sealing a deserved win and taking us back into the play offs in 6th position with a bit of breathing space on the chasing pack.

Player of the month - Brad Jones 4 Clean Sheets 4 Games

I feel I always go for goal scorers as the player of the month but a clean sheet is just like getting a goal for me.

Thanks for the likes and getting over 2,000 view. Any comments welcome
It really keeps me posting the story as the views increase​

Turn of the year - Pushing on!

View attachment 293416

View attachment 293415

December Results
3 Wins 0 Defeats 3 Draws

Unbeaten month, That's 10 games in total without defeat. Confidence is growing as the season progresses and we are clawing back the leaders. A draw to start could be a point gained come the end of the season, but we will see. Captain Joe Walsh with a goal and Angelino.
Next we brushed aside Rochdale 3-1 Samuel getting 2 his goals have been key this season and Angelino again with a goal from a left back he is a class above for this division.
A 2-0 win against Pompey and another clean sheet for a resurgent Brad Jones, Mike Jones and Tanner with the goals. Not the best performances against Exeter and Plymouth but not getting beat does keep us on role but I would have liked at least the win against Exeter as they are near the bottom.
Dylan Rees and Poleon star in the 3-0 win over bottom of the league Yeovil, one of the best performances of the season with Tanner, Samuel and Walsh scoring the goal and basically being the best three players at the club with their form and influence over the games.
5th in the league after impressive run.

Player of the Month - Joe Walsh (Captain) 2 Goals 6 Games 1st Cap for Wales

View attachment 293404

January Results
3 Wins 2 Defeats 1 Draw

Losing against Brentford was tough a team in the division above I was hoping to progress but 2-1 was not a big defeat. Winning ways continued with 3-1 over AFC Wimbledon due to the congestion of fixture I rotated for this game so it was nice to keep winning with Whitehead getting 2 and staking a claim to start more games, Tanner with the other goal.
Draw at Blackpool was not the worst result they have some good players, Tanner and Samuelsen with the goals, a late one from them sharing the points. Rotherham are just outside the play-offs so that was a big game and to get the win put points between us and them, 2-1 victory Samuelsen getting both goals.
First defeat in the league in a long run at the hands of Fleetwood, we will skip over that and focus on the Shrewsbury result. 3-0 Poleon finally scoring his first goal in 22 games, with the change of tactic he has been playing out wide but still 22 games the pressure was getting him. Jones and Tanner who is improving at some pace this season with the other goals.
Poised in 3rd Position this has the potential to become a great season

View attachment 293391

Joint Player of the Month - Martin Samuelsen 3 Goals and Craig Tanner 4 Goals 6 Games

January Transfer Talk
View attachment 789982

With the change of tactics we needed more wide players. A very unhappy Simon Dawkins coming in on the 3 month loan he has played a few games but taken a couple of knocks too. Armstrong is coming in, previous stated he had a loan at Shrewsbury which I was not happy about, especially when he scored 9 in 11 for them. It was a no brainer really, the loan not costing anything as it comes from out feeder club Newcastle. Oseni was recalled back to Man City for a lack of playing time which was disappointing as he is a good player.

Thanks for the likes and views, Any comments welcome

Last edited:
Dream Form - Oldham Athletic

View attachment 292639

View attachment 292638

February Results
4 Wins 0 Defeats 1 Draw

Fantastic February, continues the progress made in January and keeps us ticking over in the play-off positions. Starting with a nice win over Burton, played well against an obvious weaker team but always nice to win. Armstrong and Tanner getting the goal an unfortunate error from Brad Jones scoring an own goal. Armstrong having a instant impact on the team since his loan from Newcastle.
Draw against Tranmere is seen as points dropped as they scored in the 84th minute. Poleon grabbing another goal this season, opening the scoring. The next 3 results are massively down to impressive defending and goalkeeping from us. Scunthorpe, not a great team but we swept them aside like a carrier bag in the wind 3-0. Samuelsen, Tanner and Walsh getting the goals. Huge game against top of the table rivals Peterborough.
The Posh in first us in second ready to pounce like an owl chasing a mouse. We are by far the better team and got a convincing 2-0 victory, Bailey with a goal in the 3 minute and Walsh sealing the victory in the 90th. This game closes the gap at the top to 1 point, still along way to go and as seen early season form can drop very quickly but not just yet 3-0 win over Gillingham secures an impressive month. Kelly, Samuel and Tanner with the goals. Samuel has been pushed out slightly with the arrival of Armstrong and his form has been suffering but nice to see him still scoring.

Player of the Month - Joe Walsh 2 Goals 5 games 7.72 Avg Rating

View attachment 292630

March Results
3 Wins 0 Defeats 4 Draws

In terms of points on the board not great with so many draws but another undefeated is breeding confidence in the team. Considering the teams we played who are in and around us going for the top places remaining undefeated could prove vital. Kicked off this month this a draw against Sheff Utd a luck draw as they scored a OG late on to share the points. Walsall came and went 3-0 Poleon and Samuel getting two first half goal before Llyod Jones saw red we played around 30 mins with 10 men and still looked the better team, Angelino wrapping it all up with another free kick of epic proportions.
Play off position Preston played out another draw, 2-0 down the unbeaten run was nearly over but a second half performance was excellent and deserved the 2-2 with Tanner and Samuel getting the important goals. Maybe the Jones sending off effected the run of results but goals just kept flying in from all over.
3-2 win Rochdale another team looking to hunt us down Tanner and Armstrong (2) followed by another draw Watford should have been the team to beat but they were very poor and had a few managers this season, I'm happy with 2-2 against the players they have Tanner and Armstrong again.
7-2 at home against Bradford, we played one of the best games under my management and getting those goals may be vital in the run in with goal difference. Armstrong, Tanner (2), Samuelsen, Bailey, Ryan and a OG secure a magic win. BUT that was followed by yet another draw 4-4 against Chesterfield, no shocks to who scored Armstrong, Tanner (2) and Angelino. Strange month in terms of results and goals this left us trailing in the league in 2nd behind Peterborough.
With 6 games to go a play off place is likely but I would like to add that title to the CV.

Player of the Month - Craig Tanner 7 Goal 7 Games

Let me know what you think guys are Peterborough there for the taking, is Tanner on the best run of form ever.
any comment welcome and thanks for the likes and views​

what's the table looking like? If you add that in it'd be great!

what's the table looking like? If you add that in it'd be great!
Slight problem I've just played on into the next month, on future updates I will add more tables in. Thanks for the comment

Impossible Dream - Oldham Athletic

View attachment 292539

View attachment 292537

April Results
4 Wins 1 Defeat 0 Draw

The push to catch the Posh is on with 4 wins on the bounce and one defeat. First game Southend, they have been a very good team this season so a 2-1 victory was very welcome this could have been a slip up, Armstrong getting both goals. Struggling Afc Wimbledon battled hard and we just managed a 4-2 win another step and more pressure on Posh. Samuelsen, Paulo Jorge, Armstrong and Bailey with the goals.
Coventry another team battling at the bottom but another win 2-1 Tanner and a rare goal from Louis Thompson who has improved and become a key players over the season.
Another 4-2 this time Yeovil, Tanner (2) Jones and Armstrong getting another 3 points on the board.
With that win and Peterborough can only manage a draw we go top of the league for the first time in the season with 2 games to go.
A shock defeat at home to Plymouth, they have had a good season but this is not what was needed so close to the end of the season.
BUT wait on reflection of the results The Posh have slipped up against Bradford losing 1-0.

Player of the Month - Adam Armstrong 4 Goals 5 Games

View attachment 292525
Thank you very much Kyle Copp

All or nothing going into the last game of the season. We are poised at the top on 89pts and Peterborough ready to pounce on us with 88pts

May Results

Going into the game very nervous, with that in mind and the attacking power we had shown throughout the season I decided I would go defensive and hope we took the chances when they came to us.
We started well keeping the better of the possession but Pompey were getting chances. Half time 0-0 no need to panic just yet. I told the team we can do this have faith and the title will be ours. Samuelsen takes a throw in on his chest from Rees the ball gets switch quickly to the left, Poleon in space gathers it up and runs at the right back who retreats into the box, Poleon uses his pace and glides past him like a Greyhound and hits the ball with power at the keeper to make sure he keeps it on target. The keeper fumbles it and it flies into the net.
1-0 title in our sight. Keep the ball and defend for the rest of the game don't bother with trying to attack lets keep what we have.

View attachment 292524
BOOOOM 1-0 win on the last day of the season seals it.

Player of the month - Dominic Poleon 1 very important goal

Oldham Athletic SkyBet League 1 Champions

View attachment 292522

What a season and another title, step up with Oldham will be tough. Could there be an offer on the table I consider.
Keep the view coming​

Last edited: