webby1999

Reaction score
Unemployed Journeyman save
Hello Im back and this time its a slightly different save idea. I start with no coaching badges and sunday league rep and my main aim is to become the best manager in the world.
Aims
Become top of the hall of fame
Win a domestic league title in 3 different countries
Win the champions league with 4 different teams
Win 3 trophies in one season
Manage in 5 different countries
Manage an international team
Win the world cup

Rules
No use of ingame editor or disabling attribute masking (You must scout players you
I must start with no coaching badges and sunday league rep.
I may only stay at a club for 3 years at a time (I may go back for a second spell at a club but only if there is a different club in between for example Manchester city (2020-2022), West brom(2022-2025), Manchester city(2026-2028))
I must not apply for a job if I'm currently employed (My leave current job first, )
At any point if a club approaches me I have to take the interview.

If you would like to play along please feel free.

There is different hall of fame challenges out there but not sure which one was the ceartor and also this one is slightly different to all the rest.

Next- Meet Webby

Webby Plays

Webby Plays

View attachment 118162

Look at those stats! So looks like I have a bit of developing to do before I become the best manager in the world. I can only speak one language so that could be a problem when moving to foreign countries. But the thing I will do after joing my first club is ask if they will allow me to do a coaching badge!

Countries loaded
View attachment 118157
View attachment 118156
Its quite a big database so hopefully will not be to hard to find a job!

So next up finding my first job

So I have applied for 3 jobs but would I get an interview?
View attachment 118155

First email back
View attachment 118154
So im not going to Galway United but what about the other two?
View attachment 118152
So I had interviews with the icelandic and welsh clubs but would I get a contract?

View attachment 118151
The first contract I got back was from Cardiff Metropolitan University but I decide to delay to see if Grindavik would get back to me.

I did not get an other from the other club so I decide to enter contract talks with Cardiff Metropolitan University. Or at least I thought I would but stupid me realised that I was going into a amature club and to be honset in a country were litraly everyone else was semi pro there was no way I would be able to keep the club up as were not paying any players :( I know I should of checked that before going for the job but I learn from my mistakes.

So I needed to search for some more jobs
View attachment 118150
So I applied for two jobs and straight away I got an turned away from Derry City. To be honest I didn't think I would get that job and the reason was the interview process was already over however my application was received for the Finn Harps (Who are bottom of the irish league)

View attachment 118149
So my third job interview is upon us. But would i get the job?

View attachment 118145
No

So I need to apply for more jobs
View attachment 118144
Another two jobs applied for and straight away I was turned down by the german team but would I get the ÍF Leiknir Reykjavík job?

View attachment 118140
Oh what a surprise I wasnt the right person for the job

So yet again I need to try and find more clubs!
View attachment 118138
Two more clubs and there is a possibility that with Rosenborg Ballklub we could be in the euro cup (There currently in the Play offs)
View attachment 118137
View attachment 118136
Well I didn't get a job interview for either :(

View attachment 118135
So my first jobs i applied for in england but would I get a job?

I got an interview for the tranmere job but got turned down.
View attachment 118134

BUT I GOT OFFERED A JOB!!!!!!

View attachment 118133

And now to negotiate

View attachment 118132
So its a short time job with the aim of keeping the club up.

Next update meet the squad!​

View attachment 118131
Dagenham and Redbridge

The Club

View attachment 118130
So the club were relagated from league 2 last season after a long stint in the league.

But so far this season how have they been doing ?
View attachment 118129
View attachment 118128

Well not great being 23rd and only wining 2 games all season! at the moment they look like relegation candidates but can I turn it around?

Well lets see the squad Im managing!

Goalkeepers
View attachment 118127
View attachment 118126
The first choice is going to be Mark Cousins he looks like a great player for this level and has expirance at league 1 level in the past. He has got some good stats as well!

Defenders
View attachment 118125
View attachment 118124
View attachment 118123
View attachment 118122
View attachment 118121
View attachment 118120
View attachment 118119
View attachment 118118
View attachment 118117
So a long list of defenders and definitely some quality in there! Shout out to Ollie Hawkins who fancies himself as a bit of a center back and a target man!

Midfielders
View attachment 118114
View attachment 118113
View attachment 118112
View attachment 118111
View attachment 118110
View attachment 118109
View attachment 118108
View attachment 118107
View attachment 118106
So some great young talent in this team and I may be able to sell them on for some money. There is a lot of wingers who can play up front so that good.

Attackers
View attachment 118105
View attachment 118104
View attachment 118103
So some good attacking players as well!

Next update our first few games in management!

View attachment 117762
First games in management

So I started of a with a game in the fa cup on the day I got appointed
View attachment 117951
So a good win against working and it shows are intentions for the rest of the season. I was surprised how well the players played especially as I had literally only just become the manager.

Macclesfield Town (Home)
So a game at home against Macclesfield Town and to be fair it should be a win to kick start our league campaign
View attachment 117950
So a 4-1 win and it was solid with 15. Jordan Maguire-Drew getting two goals was the highlight of the game and we nearly kept a clean sheet if it wasnt for that own goal.

Aldershot Town (Home)
Our third game in management and are 3 game at home will it be our 3rd win?

View attachment 117948
So a narrow 1-0 loss and it was all because of a penalty:(

Forest Green (away)
So our first away game would it be a win?
View attachment 117947
Not quite! The biggest defeat so far.

Guiseley Home (Fa Cup 1st round)

So a fa cup game but would we win?
View attachment 117946
So after going 1-0 down in the first minute we turn it around and win!!!

Gateshead(home)
To end this run of results a home game against Gateshead could we get win
View attachment 117945
So a draw in the last game which is good

Next episode more games​

Last edited:
View attachment 117761
So 7 games in this post but could we improve on our first set ?

View attachment 117760
So one point in 7 games not great but I feel after january we will improve as I can sign some much needed new players. To be fair some of the games were close for example the first two games York and Maidstone both away games and we lost both 1-0. After Maidstone we drew with Barrow and then lost against Torquay, Carlisle, Dover and Margate. We crashed out in both cup competitions so it wasnt great.

League Title
View attachment 117749
So we are 23rd in the league but I'm sure we can turn it around and according to the board all I have to do is stay up I can do that right?

Financial update
View attachment 117750
65k in the bank but we are currently running at a loss per a month but hopefully I can get better results which brings in more fans.

View attachment 117062
Sorry I've been busy so still trying to do as many updates as possibly,

The fixtures
View attachment 117061
View attachment 117060
So were doing solid and hopefully can mid table by the end of the season. In the games there was an amazing 5-4 win a bit like a certin game in the premier league irl this weekend. Lets hope the good form continues !

Financial
View attachment 117059
200k in debt but im sure that will mend its self!

View attachment 116941
10games to go!

A masive update to day to secure our position in the league this season and after recent form it should be esay!
View attachment 116940
9 games gone but with a tricky set of results are we staying up?

View attachment 116939

So with one game to go we need to win to secure promotion but could we do it?

Our opponents
View attachment 116938

A tough team to play but could we win?
View attachment 116936
We drew and thanks to alot of results going our way we stayed up. JUST
View attachment 116935
Next update NEW JOB? Or do we get a renewed contract?

Last edited:
Fantastic result to keep them up, to think you only had 13 points when you took over so you did a really good job! Surely there will be a better team out there who will pick you up following last seasons efforts

Waterford United

My New Job
View attachment 116724
Waterford United
Another short term contract this time in Ireland. Other the last 20 years they have floated from the Irish prem to the second division.
View attachment 116723

The league has already started and we are sitting 2nd bottom but points wise were not far of the play offs.

View attachment 116722
View attachment 116721
View attachment 116720
So with 14 games to go we are 4 points of the playoffs we can deffo achieve that right?

Finances

DEBT again
View attachment 116719
We are getting use to this know!

Next update Squad report​

Waterford United Squad report

Overall I would say I've got a good squad so I'm going to give you a brief squad report now and then a proper one at the end of the season (I joined half way through the season)

Goalkeepers
View attachment 116194
2 Goalkeepers so we could be in trouble if one gets injured but there is a very solid young goalkeeper as you can see so if we stay for 2-3 years he might replace our current goalkeeper!

Defenders
View attachment 116193
A wide range of quality defenders to chose from!

Midfielders

View attachment 116192
A lot of potential in the midfield so hopefully they can bounce us up the league!

Attackers
View attachment 116191
Only 2 out and out attackers so we will probably play 1 up front but a couple of the wingers can play up front if needed!

Next episode our first few games​

So sorry for lack of updates I will get the next update out soon

Im back

Sorry for delay,

It all started so well but
View attachment 115004

Ended badly so we pick up points against Athlone Town, Finn Harps and Cobh Ramblers but sadly lose the other games! I think I may of made a mistake coming herre in the first place tbh but you learn from your mistakes!

Transfer in 2 more transfers

Jack Bayly Loan
View attachment 115003
Not a bad player but definitely not the best in the world and only in on loan so wont stay long

40. Jonathan Creamer (The cream)Free
View attachment 115002
I solid back up at cam and st also my first nickname for the series!

Hopefully a better set of results next time out!

View attachment 114891
AMIX BAG?+ END OF SEASON
So going into our last 7 games not much was expected of us but could we turn something around.

View attachment 114890

Well four wins from seven games not bad! and we are definitely improving

Squad report

View attachment 114889
View attachment 114888

Some good players in there and if I had a full season Im sure we would of got higher up the league

League table and stats
View attachment 114887
View attachment 114886

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 114885

Not sure why ive got so many good players or maybe my teams so bad that these players look good but are not actually that amazing? Maybe the games worked out Im doing a journeyman save and I can stay and watch these players develop

What should I do next move on or stay?​

Good bye

View attachment 114884
I left the job as there was no new contract on the table so where should i go next

With lots of jobs avalible im sure it wont be two long before i pick up my next job​

I'm loving the positive vibes from your write ups. I don't know how you have been so patient. You've deserved 2 contract offers after saving both clubs. Good luck.

I'm loving the positive vibes from your write ups. I don't know how you have been so patient. You've deserved 2 contract offers after saving both clubs. Good luck.

Im still happy and cant wait for the next club update in a bit! Thanks for the comment

The best job I've had yet?

View attachment 114708

I join the welsh club, on a 6 month contract half way through the season and they are currently sitting top of the league. Meaning a possibility of Europe next year!

Squad report

Goalkeepers and Defence
View attachment 114707
Some solid options here with 2gks and another in the youth team the defence looks solid especially Steven Saunders who has even had a cap for Scotland!

Midfield
View attachment 114706
Some really good midfielders. Ive had Kyle Copp before on my gateshead save in fm15 He was mental so hopefully can be a helping hand to us.

Attackers
View attachment 114705
A few good attackers and I think the role we are going to be playing is poacher as they all like poacher!

Results
so as mentioned before they have already played a lot of games in the league and cups

View attachment 114704
View attachment 114703

Fixtures left to play

BTW the Welsh league follows the Scottish league format with splitting the league in half so there are a few more games to play than on this list! (If that makes sense)

View attachment 114702

League table as it stands
View attachment 114700
So were ahead by a lot so its my job to keep it that way

New coaching course!
View attachment 114701

If I've missed anything just ask and Ill give you some screenshots!​