View attachment 105530

View attachment 105529
5 games to end of january if we even make it before getting sacked.

Carlisle United (away)
View attachment 105526
We start the run of with a mid table clash against Carlisle United. We took the lead through Jon Deegan on the 2nd minute through a volley and surprisingly that was how the game ended. We started on counter as away from home and it worked a treat very happy with the game.

Portsmouth (Home)
View attachment 105524
Next up a home game against Portsmouth and we started on counter as it worked well in the last game. Also this game would mark my 200th in management so after the game were going to look at a few of my stats. The first action was a penilty on the 20th minute which we gave away but luckily it was saved and we started a counter attack with Andy Cole scoring to put us in the lead. Ryan White A substitute scored on the 90th minute and Bolton went 2-0 up and that sealed the win.

200 GAMES IN MANAGEMENT!!!
View attachment 105523
View attachment 105522
The stats show that we have won nearly half the games we have played in and we have also scored a more goals than we have conceded.

Tranmere Rovers (Home) Checkatrade Trophy
View attachment 105507
Andy Cole scored the first goal of the evening with a cool passing move on the 29th minute. Gedion Zelalem scored Bolton second goal of the game from the penilty spot on the 51st minute. Adama Diomande added to the scoreline in the 82 minute and killed the game off. A very strong performance against a league 2 opponent and we progress further into the Checkatrade Trophy.

Bradford City (Away)
View attachment 105518
After a good few games hopefully we can push for playoffs with a win against Bradford city. Andy Cole IS ON FIRE NAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hasn't quite got same ring to it but Andy Cole scored on the 16th minute and that is his 3rd goal in 3 games. Callum Slattery added the second of the game to minutes later. Lars Veldwijk Scored a late goal for Bradford but it was to late for them to add an equaliser afterwards.

ADDITIONAL GAME
Stoke City Under 23s Checkatrade Trophy
View attachment 105514
Due to our last win in the Checkatrade Trophy we play Stoke in the North quarter final today. I expect to lose as Stoke should have a good youth set up. Louis Thompson scored the first goal for Stoke. The former Norwich man hit the strike on the 21st minute but also HE IS 27 YES 27 in an under 23s team how does that work? 28 year old Sofiane Boufal added the second of the game for Stoke on the 81st minute. We lost the game 2-0 so it wasnt to bad.

Blackpool (Home)
View attachment 105511
For the last game in this update we face Frank Lampard managing Blackpool. Andy Cole opens the scoring on the 25th minute with a close range shot going past the keeper . Jamie Hanson added the second goal of the game and his second goal of the season with a shot from outside the box going in on the 31st minute. Jamie Hanson added his second of the game from a free kick shortly after half time and Jack Redshaw replied quickly with a goal for blackpool on the 59th minute. Jack Redshaw Then added his second of the game to bring the game to 3-2. The game finished 3-2 with a good result for us and that moved us into the playoffs.

View attachment 105510
So we sit in 6th only 7 points of an automatic promotion spot but I think that we are unlikely to achieve that. What do you think?

View attachment 105034

A change of plan
Im going to change the way I produce these updates instead of doing a commentary of the game I'm going to do a overview of the games.

Fixtures this update
View attachment 105033
6 games which will hopefully push us higher up the table

Rotherham United (Away)
View attachment 105021
A great win against a team which were top of the table when we played them but thanks to ANDY COLE scoring 4 goals we won 5-2.

Colchester United (Home)
View attachment 105020
A solid win and although we didn't score a lot of goal we kept a clean sheet and continued this mental run in the league.

Crawley Town (Away)
View attachment 105019
Another game another solid win. Against a relegation threatened side we managed to score to goals either side of half time to win the game.

Shrewsbury Town (Home)
View attachment 105018
3 Games without conceding! A fairly interesting game with Shrewsbury having more shots but Ryan White scored after coming of the bench to seal the win.

Crewe Alexandra (Away)
View attachment 105015
Crewe were a newly promoted side who currently sit in 9th place so clearly not a bad team and they brought are winning streak to a end however we did managed to grab a draw.

Southend United (Home)
View attachment 105014
Not a bad game however we did go behind twice and only managed to grab the win late on. The Own goal Alex Samuel scored sealed a weird hat trick with one goal being in the wrong net!

League table
View attachment 105013

So after being miles behind the automatics we have managed to bring ourselves back into contention however my main focus is sealing a play off spot.​

View attachment 104961
10 game 10 cup finals
View attachment 104962

YES ITS A MONSTER UPDATE WE NEED TO WIN AS MANY AS POSSIBLE IF WE WANT TO WIN AUTOMATIC PROMOTION.

Leyton Orient (Away)
View attachment 104957
A great performance and after going behind we managed to seal a well deserved victory with Thomas Agyepong scoring

Wigan Athletic (Home)
View attachment 104956
A poor performance with wigan scoring twice early on and we were not able to get back into the game

Wycombe (Away)
View attachment 104955
Another poor result with no goals in two games being worrying for us.

THE SCOUNTHORPE GAME WAS REANAGED FOR LATER IN THE YEAR SO NEXT GAME WAS OLDHAM

Oldham (Away)
View attachment 104954
we scored 2 goal withen the space of 3 minutes to put us 2 nil up and a late goal from oldham made it 2-1

Coventry City (Home)
View attachment 104952
A late goal sealed us the win in what looked like a 0-0 draw.

Games so far
View attachment 104950
View attachment 104951
With 5 games left we are still in contents for automatics but weve been offerd a job interview.

View attachment 104949
View attachment 104948
Burnley sit in the relegation zone in the prem but as stated in the rules I have to take every job interview im given.

Scunthorpe United (Home)
So with no reply to whether I've got the job or not we face Scunthorpe.
View attachment 104945
This game was a nasty one with Bolton getting 2 red cards but still managing the draw.

View attachment 104946
We didn't get the job which is what I expected.

Exeter City (Away)
View attachment 104931
Managed to win the game through to late first half goals and Exeter managed to grab one back byt ut was not enough to win the game.

Luton (Home)
View attachment 104919
A bad game with 5 goals in the first half but only 1 going are way.

ANOTHER JOB OFFER
View attachment 104918
This is not a great offer as they currently sit in just above relegation zone.

Bury (Away)
View attachment 104917

I Have no words and dont know why we cant win

POSSIBLE TAKEOVER
View attachment 104916

MK dons (Away)
View attachment 104915
The first half was great but the second half wasnt so great.

Finished league table
View attachment 104914

So not a bad finsish and hopefully we can do well in the playoffs

Last edited:
View attachment 104913
PLAY OFFS
SEMI FINALE

in this update we will be playing through the semi finale of the playoffs

BUT FIRST
BOLTON HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER AND THIS IS BAD!!!
View attachment 104912
View attachment 104911
So we could be sacked.

The first leg
View attachment 104910
An away leg first and hopefully a win last time we played we lost 5-1 so hopefully it can only get better

View attachment 104909
We went 1-0 up through a free kick from hanson and that was his 6th goal of the season.

View attachment 104908
Steven Cooney replied fairly quickly for bury through a lovely goal scored inside the box
View attachment 104907
Bury did not stay level for long as Bolton scored again on the 44th minute through a goal from Thomas Agyepong.

I was very happy with the perfromace at half time

View attachment 104906
The second half flew by and we managed to grab the win:)

The second leg and a draw would do.
View attachment 104904
A boring first half being 0-0 but it means at the moment we are going to be going to the final of the playoffs.

View attachment 104903
Just after half time Deegan scored a rebound effort and we went 1-0 up meaning bury have to score 3 goals to win the game.

View attachment 104902
Thomas Agyepong added a second to seal the game for bolton but late on hinchliffe scored to make it 2-1

Full time and we managed to win both games and go through to the play off final see you there : )

Play off finale
So this could be our last game at Bolton can we get promotion? Will we fall at the final hurdle?

View attachment 104891
So weve kept our job however our contract runs out at the end of June so if we don't get offered a new deal we will be on our way very soon anyway

THE FINAL OPPONENTS Blackpool

After going down to league 2 in 2015/16 they won promotion back to league 1 in 2016/17 and then stayed mid table for 4 years before making a play off push these year.

This season we've played to games V blackpool and won 1 and lost the other,

TEAMS
View attachment 104890
View attachment 104889

Frank lampards team chose to line up in a 4-5-1 where Bolton went for a 5-2-3. Im looking to catch Blackpool on the counter.
View attachment 104886
The first half was boring nothing happend with only 3 shots on targets

The first goal came on the 92 minute yep that right the playoff final was a boring game and it went from boring to bad when Jack Redshaw scored from a shot inside the box.

View attachment 104884
View attachment 104885
So the game was awful especially as Blackpool only had 2 shots on target

So we finished the season on a bad result but hopefully next season will be better whatever it will will hold​

View attachment 103791
Ok after a few days of were back with a new season and this update is a transfer special as i've finished August and next update will recap the first few games.

Transfers

Transfers in

Timi Elsnik From Derby 700k- 7.5kpw
View attachment 103787
A great right wing who is now are first choice winger.

George McEachran Chelsea 450k- 2kpw

View attachment 103784
George McEachran is a good center mid/ center attacking mid. Hes got good vision and good technique infact he is good around.

Augustin Bangoura- 150k - 5.75kp

View attachment 103781
Another good midfielder who has better stats than George but slight problem he didn't gain a work permit which i didn't realise at first.

Transfers out
Callum Slattery- Derby- 3.2mill
View attachment 103780
Yep our star man left and this was OUT OF MY CONTROL. The board sold him.

So not a bad transfer window Next update first few league games

Bolton Start of 2022/23 season
View attachment 103570

Luton Town (Away)

View attachment 103569
The first league game of the season and we drew after going be hind.

Northampton Town (Home) EFL Cup
View attachment 103568
A great 2-0 win. With two goals in the first half but in the second it was a boring game however we did get a sending off in the last game.

Portsmouth (Home)
View attachment 103567
Another game at home and another win very impressive with goals from Callum Camps in the first half and on loan striker Andy Cole scoring late on as well as Thomas Agyepong to give us the win.

Oxford United (Away)
View attachment 103566
A wensday away trip to Oxford proved difficult as we were 2-0 behind in the first 10 minutes however thanks to a very late penilty from Andy Cole we managed to seal the win.

Grimsby Town (Home)
View attachment 103565
After a string of back to back promotions for Grimsby they got relegated last year from the championship but Bolton were to good for them sealing the win through a Thomas Agyepong goal.

Reading (Away) EFL Cup
View attachment 103564
From playing a newly relegated team from the Championship to playing a team actually in the Championship and it started very positively until we conceded a late on to give reading the win.

Nottingham Forest (Home)
View attachment 103563
A game against former championship team Nottingham Forest and they came out victories with two goals late on sealing the win for Nottingham Forest.

Tranmere Rovers Checkatrade Trophy (Away)
View attachment 103562
What a game 9 goal thriller and to think we were 3-0 up at half time in fact we never went behind in this match but it was a close game in the end how weird

View attachment 103561
Not a great start to the league but it can only improve especially as we haven't got the EFL cup to focus on.

Last edited:
View attachment 101577
Wake me up when september ends!

Hello im back sorry for the delay,
Ive been thinking that we need to change the format of these updates as it takes a long time for me to write them up so im going to trial a format I used early on in the story and let me know which format you prefer.
My aim now is to get at least 3 months of games every week out.

September
View attachment 101576
September was a difficult month. We managed to score quite a few goals but also managed to concede a lot and sadly we could not win the games. The first game a 1-0 loss to Oldham started positively and we even managed to to have more possession than Oldham but they we lost to a goal on the 69th minute. The next game a 3-2 loss to Brighton we went 1-0 up after 1 minute but blew it all away conceding 3 goals and we ended up losing the game. Aingest Shrewsbury Town and Plymouth Argyle we also managed to coneede 3 goals and we lost both games. the last game against Wycombe Wanderers was similar to the rest we went ahead on the 3rd minute but Wycombe Wanderers scored twice in 1 minute on the 19th minute to put them ahead. We then manged to level the game up through Andy Cole but before half time we managed to go behind again and went in at the break 3-2 down. After 65 minutes I thought the game was over and we would be going the whole of september without a win but how wrong was I two goals late on sealed our first win in the league in 6games.

View attachment 101573
After a bad month we sit 15th in the league which isn't great considering I want promotion this season however It could be worst Colchester United haven't won a game yet! after ten games!.

Squad report
View attachment 101570
View attachment 101568
Some very good average ratings in the squad but we have a problems with some fringe players who are not playing at all and I may have to look to sell them next window.

View attachment 100778
October

Not a bad run of games but it is a heavily congested month​

View attachment 100779

So a good month only losing 1 game and getting back on track to getting to at least the playoffs. The Sheffield United game was an action packed game. For the Liverpool under 23s game we managed to grab a narrow win which is a real confidence builder. The Wigan and charton games were both close encounters but we managed to grab a win. There are two draws against Crewe and Southend and the month started positively then ending on a low month with us losing to Bury.

League table
View attachment 100780

So we are slowing climbing up the league table and next month we start in the FA cup.

View attachment 100494
Things are on the rise?
November
View attachment 100493

A very full month with lots of games but first an FA cup game against King's Lynn Town. So should be an easy win but we used a second team. However still we should have enough to win the game.

HOWEVER

View attachment 100492

Yes that's right we lost King's Lynn got 2 penalties given, by this time I had already made my 3 changes so going overload and tacitly pushing everyone up field didn't work. We lost to King's Lynn. Unsurprising the board were not happy.

View attachment 100491
Im getting to good at being called into the boardroom

View attachment 100490
But even after arguing that we had a hard run of games and to be fair we had only lost 2 of our last 9 games we got given the sack.

So another club to come?

Last edited:

View attachment 1109352
ABOUT Wolverhampton Wanderers

View attachment 100042
So I;ve taken charge of Wolves and have brought a lot of the staff from Bolton with us as they were actually better than the Wolves staff.

View attachment 100041
View attachment 100040
Wolves have not been very good in the league or in the cup. We are rock bottom in the league and also crashed out in the EFL cup.

Squad report
View attachment 100039
View attachment 100038
A good squads with some players I recognize including Ryan Bennett, Former Norwich player. Sergio Romero former Manchester United. Josh Sims Southampton wonderkid and a few other player. The best player questionably is Jack Price is a center mid who has been at Wolves all his playing career expect from a few loan spells. A problem with the squad is

Tactics
View attachment 100037
I'm planning on playing a 4-1-2-1-2 with the hope that the midfield will dominate. It worked at Bolton Sort of.

Fixtures next update
View attachment 100036
The rest of December next episode and then there will be a transfer window so I can bring in some players and put my spin on the squad.

View attachment 1113405
A tough December

Our first few games
View attachment 96398

The games were always going to be tough but losing so many of them was not a good sign and I knew we needed to add depth to the squad and some quality. Although there were lots of negative games we did manage to beat Huddersfield 3-0 who where challenging for a playoff spot. Huddersfield only had 9 men on the pitch at the end so we may have had luck on our side in that game.

League table
View attachment 96397
Sadly not good reading were 8 points from safety so we need to turn our form around quick.

Next Update January and February
View attachment 96395
A lot of Championship games and at least one cup game in the next update hopefully even some transfers!

View attachment 1113456
January and February

2 Very tough months which could shape the rest of the season.

January Transfer Window

Alex Pritchard 1mill 26kpw
View attachment 96364
The former Norwich winger was brought in from Burnley for a reasonable fee. The reason I brought him in was he had premier league experience and this may help in a relegation battle in the championship.

Marcus Edwards 220k 12.25kpw
View attachment 96362
A very good cam who has had a good start at Wolves. The former Spurs reserve player was a player I wanted to sign when I was at Aston Villa and Bolton but at the time he Demanded crazy wages and Spurs wanted 2-4 million.

Thierry Ambrose 4mill 26.5kpw

View attachment 96361
Remember this guy?
I brought him in for Villa and he was became a sensational player after I left. So when i had the chance to bring him to Wolves due to him being transfer listed on transfer deadline day it was a no brainer. 4million is a lot of money but he might just be enough to help us survive.

Transfers Out
View attachment 96360
A few transfers out. Really only players who didn't fit into my plans or players who asked to leave.

First 4 games in January
View attachment 96359
3 league games and no wins but there was a positive cup result. We were very lucky with an own goal in the Blackpool game to give us a draw. But the team performed very well in the Barnet which Marcus Edwards scored his first goal for the club through a penalty. The next game was the only loss of the run. There were very little positives to take from this game and we lost 3-0 but amazingly we had the same amount of shots on target as Cardiff. The last game of this section was against Ipswich and we were very unlucky not to beat our fellow relegation candidates as we had slightly more possession and shots but could not register a goal.

3 completely different games
View attachment 96358
The next three games were completely different firstly the Leeds game in the Fa Cup which we managed to get TWO players sent off and unsurprisingly lose after going ahead. The next game against Bristol City had goals galore but sadly we were smashed 5-2 which I don't think was deserved as the stats looked even. But the last game saw a big win and Blackburn never looked like winning the game.

The final games of February
View attachment 96357
Four games and a fairly good run. A point against mid table Fulham was a good result but for much of the match it looked like a win until they equalised late on. The Walsall game was a solid 2-0 win with both goal coming through new signing Marcus Edwards. The next game was a 2-1 win against Hull which was very similar to the last Walsall game . And finally a narrow loss to Barnsley who are pushing for promotion to the premier league.

View attachment 96356
Overall a very good few months and although we are still bottom we are closing the gap on the teams above.

View attachment 1118113

12 games to end the season

March
View attachment 92128
Our first game in march was an away game against Reading. We went ahead early in this game and Reading equalised before Wolves creating a win. Next up was a 2-0 loss against derby at home with Wolves dominating the game but losing 2-0. In the game Derby had 7 shots while we had 21 but couldn't get the win. The third game was another loss against Preston however we ended the month with a 1-0 win against Leeds due to Jarrod Bowen scoring in the first minute. Not a bad month but 6pts from 4 games wont keep me up

April and May
View attachment 92127
Going into this run of fixtures we were still in a relegation zone and it would be crucial to win as many games as possible.

First game was a 3-3 draw with millwall and we bottled the game after going 2-0 up meaning we effectively dropped 2 points. Next game was a 4-0 loss to West Ham who where fighting for promotion at the time and absolutely smashed us. Next game was a 3-1 loss to QPR and at this point I thought we were going down. However our form turned around in the next game was a 2-0 win at Birmingham which was the only game we didn't concede a goal in in April. The next game was a 3-3 draw with Middlesbrough and we went ahead 3 times in this game so should probably have won the game but a late goal in the 91st minute ment we dropped 2 points. Next game was a 3-2 win against Sheffield Wednesday where we were lucky to get a win. 2nd to last game of the season was a 2-3 loss to Watford followed by a 2-2 draw against Rotherham United to end the season and to be fair by this point we were already relegated.

END OF SEASON

League table

View attachment 92124
So we went down but wernt bottom so that was a bonus. Blackburn and Blackpool joined us in the bottom 3 while West Ham and Cardiff go up.

Player stats
View attachment 92123
No Wolves players to be seen here.

Wolves season review
View attachment 92122
Not a great season to be fair.

So League One next season.​

nice story mate.. would like to see more regular updates