MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Fulham vs Manchester United
Craven Cottage
Sunday 22nd August 2010
16:00
Sky Sports 2(HD2)

f.jpg

This weekend's super Sunday see's last season's runners-up Manchester United travel to Craven Cottage to face Fulham. Fulham manager Mark Hughes will take charge of his new side for the first time infront of the Fulham faithful against one of his former clubs from his playing days.

Last season Fulham came out 3-0 winners in the same fixture last season will be hoping to repeat that this term round. Manchester United on the other hand will be hoping to end their winless streak at the Cottage after tasting defeat their in the last two seasons.

Fulham who drew there opening game of the season last weekend against Bolton, will be hoping to get there first win of the season against Manchester United. Meanwhile Manchester United who put 3 past newly promoted Newcastle United last Monday night, will be hoping to leave London with all 3 points following Chelsea's and Arsenal's victorys today.

“I’ve been looking forward to it in terms of it being my first home competitive game, but the fact it’s Manchester United makes it more difficult from a professional point of view,” he told journalists in Friday’s press conference. “But we have a good record against United at Craven Cottage and it’s one we hope we can continue to build on.

Mark Hughes​

“We’ve had a bit of a topsy-turvy time at Craven Cottage the last couple of years,” Sir Alex concedes. “We ended up with nine men two years ago, and then last season we’d gone too far with the players we were using at the back. We’d had a great result over in Wolfsburg with a makeshift back four. We had a back three of Ritchie De Laet, [Michael] Carrick and [Darren] Fletcher and we were doing OK until we conceded the first goal.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Team News:

Fulham will still be without goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer who has a back problem which made him miss last weekends draw to Bolton. Apart from that, Mark Hughes will have the rest of the squad to choose from to start tomorrow lunch time. Manchester United meanwhile are still without defender Rio Ferdinand who isn't expected to be back untill late September, Gabriel Obertan, Michael Owen to name a few are likely to miss the game due to injuries. Manchester United will also be hoping that left back Patrice Evra will be availble to face Fulham after coming off during United's opening day win against Newcastle United.

Possible Lineups:
Fulham

Stockdale
Panstill Hangeland Hughes Kelly
Davies Etuhu Murphy Duff
Gera Zamora

Manchester United

Van der Sar
Rafeal Evans Vidic Evra
Valencia Scholes Fletcher Nani
Rooney Berbatov

Match Prediction:

This could be a potential bannana skin for Manchester United early on in the season. It is never easy to go away to Fulham at the best of times but with a new manager at the helm and being an ex Manchester United player, things could become very tricky. Despite this, I am hoping for a United win obviously. Im going for a hard thought 1-0 victory. Goal coming in the second half, Rooney to open his account.

Last edited:
Now that is a good OP for this match.

Also,3-1 to Manchester United.

Now that is a good OP for this match.

Also,3-1 to Manchester United.

thanks mate,

Your being very brave lol i think we'll win tomorrow because we know we have to after both Chelsea and Arsenal won today. It wont be easy though, Fulham playing infront of their home fans for the first time this season and under a new manager, the Fulham players will want to impress. Still think we'll win, 1-0 (i hope) lol

A tough 1-0 win for the reds. Rooney or Vidic

Not underestimating Fulham but I think we will become more comfortable during the second half and start to dominate like last Sunday.

I think we can take advantage of Fulham's slow time in gelling together with Mark Hughes.

gritty 1-0 win for us. fulham to makes us work very hard for it, and they'll be a little unlucky not to get the draw

Fulham 1-2 Manchester United.

Fulham to take the lead and us to get a late winner.. controversially.

Rooney and Berbatov to score.

Fulham 0-2 Manchester United
Berbatov and Rooney or Hernandez.

Think United will probably edge it 1-0. Hughes probably won't have enough time to stamp his mark on the fulham team. If Scholes continues his good form Fulham won't be able to get near him.

Anyone know if Moussa Dembele is going to be involved in the match at all?

I can see United edging this 1-0.

Anyone know if Moussa Dembele is going to be involved in the match at all?

I can see United edging this 1-0.

not sure mate, i took the team news from the Fulham website and nothing was mentioned about him.

The OP is quite a good one mate, but the badges ruin it, hence why I left them out of mine.

The OP is quite a good one mate, but the badges ruin it, hence why I left them out of mine.

they do look tacky like that i admit, i have tried to get them next to eachother but cant do it :S

if any one knows how to get them side by side please let me no :)

Fulham 0 Man Utd 3
Rooney 2 Berbatov 1
no slip up this year

i believe fulham have beaten utd twice in the last 2 years at the cottage so i will say a 1-0 win for the home side.

Back