Fulham vs Manchester United (22/08/10)

tbh Nani is usually very good at penalties and his pen wasnt that bad just a great save.

yeah, but he only usually takes them in penalty shootouts, he took one against the Ireland XI and scored, so proberbly felt confident about taking another, oh well head up boys, long way to go yet.

Here I was thinking before the game that we Evans will challenge Ferdinand for his place, oh how wrong I was? He was shat on by Zamora.

I for one don't think Hernandez should be hyped so much, he tries to be too cute at times.

Here I was thinking before the game that we Evans will challenge Ferdinand for his place, oh how wrong I was? He was shat on by Zamora.

I for one don't think Hernandez should be hyped so much, he tries to be too cute at times.

Barely any service into him in the second half though, he played well first half i felt good link up with Berbatov

Yeah, true but He is being hyped a lot.

BTW Nani looks like he has bulked up a lot his physique is almost like Ronaldo's now.

Yeah, true but He is being hyped a lot.

BTW Nani looks like he has bulked up a lot his physique is almost like Ronaldo's now.

Like Ronaldo in physique, but doesn't play upto his level :$

Probably a fair result. Fulham played well yet again. They always raise their game against us at the cottage. Meh. Bring on the next game

Nani's an okay penalty taker, last season the two main takers towards the end of the season were Giggs and Nani when Rooney was absent. Was a good penalty, bottom corner.. very good save. Craven Cottage is a *****, O'Shea and Evans were woeful. I don't want to make excuses but the positioning of who I think was Clint Dempsey in Fulham's first goal was kinda against some rules surely.. he was right in front of Van Der Sar.

Good result for Fulham, they played very well. In fairness to United they pressed Fulham well and played some very good football. Man U were very lucky with that penalty and Fulham should have had a penalty earlier on. Wasn't impressed with Evans today at all today.

Nani's an okay penalty taker, last season the two main takers towards the end of the season were Giggs and Nani when Rooney was absent. Was a good penalty, bottom corner.. very good save. Craven Cottage is a *****, O'Shea and Evans were woeful. I don't want to make excuses but the positioning of who I think was Clint Dempsey in Fulham's first goal was kinda against some rules surely.. he was right in front of Van Der Sar.

He wasn't offside because the rules are that a player can't leave the pitch without the referee's permission so Evans was still 'active' even if he wasn't on the pitch

Fair result for both sides, I thought, with maybe Fulham deserving the 3 points overall with the stonewall penalty decision turned down.

Don't think either side has reason to complain with that scoreline though. Great game for the neutrals, and we have a 10 goal MOTD2 to look forward to tonight.

bit of a **** game, didnt think we should have got the penalty but regret nani not putting it away

Good to get to my first away game of the season. Good entertaining game but obviously disappointed with the result.

Looking at everyone's comments it looked like Fulham should have had a penalty and our penalty was harsh. Will need to look at the highlights tonights.

Oh and good to see our player "own goals" has signed a new contract, good work Fergie. :D

The referee made some poor decisions in that match.

We were lucky not to concede a penalty.

zamora looks so confident now days its unreal.

He's amazing gave Evans the complete runaround.

Zamora is a absolute tank with his back to goal, he's just flicked Vidic of him, that takes some meat..

get ******* in there! nothing less than we deserve. thanks Hangeland ;)

As above

Own goal gets off the mark for United.

The same thing came to my mind, very lucky goal.

very lucky, but haangeland must do better from set pieces

Yup

Penalty for United, very harsh!

A Peter Walton wonder!

Fulham have been the better team? for what 10 minutes in the second half maybe, the rest of that time it has been us.

Take off your United goggles, if you can't accept it was at least evenly matched, then you are biased.

Fulham have been the better team overall IMHO!

GET IN FULHAM :D

I like to think that but we were a bit unfortunate with referee and own goal but hey, a point is good enough.

fair result

Completely agree.

Was loving Murphy's reaction when we equalised.

Fulhambenchcelebrations_2493407.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(association_football)

Take a read.

Last edited:
Fulham should have had a penalty. Some of the most blatent shirt pulling from Vidic.

Back