Gallas signs for Tottenham

Think this would be a good move for Spurs. He is still a good player. However his attitude could be a problem + the obvious problem of the rivalry. Anyway good signing.

He will do quality for spurs lol if his head is in the right place

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed mate, it made me laugh all them years ago when most people thought Arsenal got the best end of that deal!!!

we kind of did, we got how much money? And a very good CB, for an unhappy LB getting on, who we replaced without spending any money with Gael Clichy...

Anyway, i thought Gallas would go back to france tbh, this is a bit of a shock, maybe he just likes everyone booing him - i can see why Totscum hate Sol so much now :p

To be fair -- though this is a controversial move, it's nothing like the Campbell transfer. Campbell (our captain and heartbeat of the team), gave several public assurances that he wouldn't leave Spurs and would sign a new contract. He went back on his word and, after more public assurances that he would NEVER play for our arch rivals Arsenal, he fecked off for free after turning down the biggest contract ever offered to a Spurs player. Campbell broke promises and didn't seem to care -- that's where the problem lay with his transfer.

I thought it wasn't possible to hate this man even more than I already did.
Turns out it is.

To be fair -- though this is a controversial move, it's nothing like the Campbell transfer. Campbell (our captain and heartbeat of the team), gave several public assurances that he wouldn't leave Spurs and would sign a new contract. He went back on his word and, after more public assurances that he would NEVER play for our arch rivals Arsenal, he fecked off for free after turning down the biggest contract ever offered to a Spurs player. Campbell broke promises and didn't seem to care -- that's where the problem lay with his transfer.

This.

This transfer is not even in the same scummy ball park as Campbell's betrayal.

Not really sure how to react to this one really. He's alright. I suppose he'll be decent enough cover, but I'd still favour Dawson and Bassong.

This.

This transfer is not even in the same scummy ball park as Campbell's betrayal.

Not really sure how to react to this one really. He's alright. I suppose he'll be decent enough cover, but I'd still favour Dawson and Bassong.

Spurs fans need to get over the whole Sol Campbell thing, it's been what ten years?

Gallas would be more than cover i suspect, his European experience will be pivital.

Spurs fans need to get over the whole Sol Campbell thing, it's been what ten years?

We are trying, but as you can see from this thread, Manchester United and Liverpool fans keep bringing it up.

Gallas would be more than cover i suspect, his European experience will be pivital.

We have come a long way. Where it was death threats and projectiles thrown, now it is a bit of booing, hissing and forum complaining. (H)

He's better than that liability of a centre back called Ledley King. Gallas will be a good signing and in my eyes Is still a class defender

He's better than that liability of a centre back called Ledley King. Gallas will be a good signing and in my eyes Is still a class defender

lmao. Ledley King is a class centre back.

haha. Hardly, he has no fluid left in his knee cartilidge, what do you expect? He can play pretty much every week.

I cant believe a club is bothering to pay his wages, which I expect are quite high.. when he's only fit half the time he should be..

I'd just get someone else in and get rid of him. Nice bloke, great defender when fit, not fit enough the majority of the time though sadly.

haha. Hardly, he has no fluid left in his knee cartilidge, what do you expect? He can play pretty much every week.

His knee can't handle tough pitches anymore. He was ****** at the World Cup on some of the worlds most pristine pitches. Imagine what he'd be like going to St Andrews on that **** pitch. He's a great defender, no doubt about it. But god. He's a wage eater for his fitness levels considering..

His knee can't handle tough pitches anymore. He was ****** at the World Cup on some of the worlds most pristine pitches. Imagine what he'd be like going to St Andrews on that **** pitch. He's a great defender, no doubt about it. But god. He's a wage eater for his fitness levels considering..

lol. You know nothing mate, he didn't hurt his knee at the world cup, he strained his groin again, hes taken a pay cut now for Tottenham and isnt on that much, he's a world class player on his day, and I think he may even be on a pay as you play deal.

lol. You know nothing mate, he didn't hurt his knee at the world cup, he strained his groin again, hes taken a pay cut now for Tottenham and isnt on that much, he's a world class player on his day, and I think he may even be on a pay as you play deal.

I know nothing is probably a over-statement. I just have selective hearing. But am i right in saying 99% of the time for Spurs his injuries have been in his knee?