Gareth Bale - Taking Spurs To The Big Time (A Tottenham Hotspur Story)

I should've took Shaw at £14mill. Southampton now want £20+ for him. I'll leave it till summer and see what I can do there.

December

Tottenham 4-1 Barnsley
Fierro x2, Parker, Kaboul

FC Red Bull Salzburg 1-2 Tottenham
Nobauer - Dempsey x2

Tottenham 3-1 Reading
Adebayor x2, Sigurdsson - Pogrebnyak

Tottenham 0-2 City
Aguero, Kolarov

West Ham 1-1 Tottenham
Carroll - Bale

Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham
Suarez, Downing

Southampton 2-2 Tottenham
Lambert, Lallana - Wanyama x2

Tottenham 2-0 Swansea
Sigurdsson, Dempsey

Tottenham 4-0 Wigan
Defoe x3, Holtby

Started of well and finished strongly too. We had a rough patch in the middle including defeats to both Liverpool and Man City. Stoke are still top of the league by a point (!). We managed to qualify into the knockout stages of the Europa League where we will face Inter.

Top goalscorer: Adebayor, Dempsey (3)
Best player: Clint Dempsey

In the busy festive period Clint Dempsey shone. He grabbed his first goals for the club in Europe before grabbing another in the home victory against Swansea. He also added a couple of assists too.

View attachment 352461

League and Europa League table:

View attachment 352462View attachment 352463

I'm off to work now. A January update will come later! Cheers guys.​

January

View attachment 352784

The month started off with two key players going to the African Cup of Nations. Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Emmanuel Adebayor. I had Jermain Defoe and Carlos Fierro up front, but it left just Kyle Naughton at LB. I'd been using Zeki Fryers in the cup games but he wasn't up to much, so I called Adam Smith back off loan as cover, and he did extremely well.

Everton 0-2 Tottenham
Bale, Adebayor

Tottenham 3-2 Reading (FA Cup 3rd round)
Fierro, Kaboul, Dembele - Hunt, Naughton o.g

Tottenham 3-1 Liverpool (Capital One Cup semi final first leg)
Dembele, Parker, Kaboul - Sterling

Tottenham 2-0 Man United
Defoe x2

Tottenham 1-0 Newcastle
Wanyama

Tottenham 3-0 WBA
Holtby, Dembele, Vertonghen

Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham (Capital One Cup semi final second leg)
Borini - Defoe

Tottenham 1-0 Barnsley (FA Cup third round)
Fierro

Chelsea 0-2 Tottenham
Defoe x2

We really hit top gear this month. Defoe scored a lot if important goals and Dembele chipped in with a few too. Towards the end of the month the injury problems really started to mount up, with Bale, Holtby and Gylfi Sigurdsson all ruled out for around four weeks.

Top goalscorer: Jermain Defoe (5)
Best player: Jermain Defoe

As mentioned above, his goals really moved us up the table. At the end of the month we currently sit in third!

View attachment 352783

League table

View attachment 352782

February

View attachment 353045

It was another mixed month. We put in some great performances in the league but struggled in Europe especially. We also had a moment to savour with our first cup win under the new boss!

Norwich 0-3 Tottenham
Kaboul, Defoe, Vertonghen

Inter 2-0 Tottenham (Europa League)
Kovacic, Guarin

Fulham 0-1 Tottenham
Dembele

Tottenham 3-1 Inter
Sigurdsson x3 - Milito (Inter win on away goals)

Man Utd 0-1 Tottenham (Carling Cup Final)
Vidic o.g

Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal
Bale

It was disappointing to have been dumped out of Europe, especially as we scored three early goals to take the lead on aggregate only for Inter to score a late winner. We looked great in the cup final and fully deserved the victory albeit via an own goal. Its always nice to win in the North London derby too!

Top goalscorer: Sigurdsson (3)
Best player: Moussa Dembele

View attachment 353046

The Belgian had a great month and fired the team up to second in the table. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot :( sorry!

March

Youth Intake

Not the best youth intake i've ever had. The best was a 16-year old striker with 3* potential (screenshot below). The rest were all one and two star potentials, so i'll definitely need to work on upgrading the youth facilities ASAP.

View attachment 353049

Results

Tottenham 2-0 Stoke
Adebayor, Dawson

Fulham 1-0 Tottenham
Petric

Tottenham 2-0 Man City (Fa Cup sixth round)
Holtby, Defoe

Man City 0-0 Tottenham

Tottenham 2-0 Liverpool
Vertonghen, Defoe

Another solid month is in the books. As I mentioned earlier I was very disappointed with the youth intake, but pleased to be in the semi-final of the FA Cup where i'll take on Arsenal.

Top goalscorer: Jermain Defoe (2)
Best player:
The Welshman finally hit top gear for a sustained period. He chipped in with the odd assist as well as some great wing play.

Spurs now sit in second place on goal difference. Leaders Man Utd have a game in hand on me though.

League table

View attachment 353060

April

View attachment 353163

Sunderland 1-3 Tottenham
Fletcher - Lennon, Adebayor, Bale

Villa 0-1 Tottenham
Sigurdsson

Arsenal 1-2 Tottenham (FA Cup Semi)
Wilshere - Adebayor x2

Tottenham 0-0 QPR

Tottenham 3-0 West Ham
Vertonghen, Bale, Defoe

Another good month is through. We remained unbeaten in the league which shot us up to second in the table behind Man Utd. The highlight of this month was the comeback win in the FA Cup semi final against Arsenal, meaning another trip to Wembley is on the cards (we play Liverpool in the final).

Top goalscorer: Adebayor (3)
Best player: Gareth Bale

View attachment 353164

When the most important part of the season kicks in, Gareth Bale has come to life! He added another couple of goals and ran rings around different full-backs all month long.

League table

View attachment 353165

May

The season ends here. Surprisingly we still have a shot at the title, and we also could make it a hat-trick of domestic trophies as we're in the FA Cup final too.

Tottenham 2-0 Southampton
Bale, Defoe

Reading 1-0 Tottenham
Le Fondre

Tottenham 1-0 Liverpool (FA Cup final)
Defoe

View attachment 353170

We did it! The lads have looked almost unstoppable since mid-March and fully deserved to win the FA Cup, beating City, Arsenal and now Liverpool in the final. The board are thrilled we've managed the domestic cup double.

Swansea 1-2 Tottenham
Britton - Bale, Kaboul

The season finished with a win away at Swansea but that wasn't enough to win the league. Danny Welbeck scored an injury time equaliser for Man United and they won the title on goal difference!

Top goalscorer: Bale, Defoe (2)

View attachment 353169

League table:
View attachment 353168

Season Review

Top goalscorer: Jermain Defoe (22 goals)
Most improved player: Victor Wanyama

View attachment 353173View attachment 353174View attachment 353175

Final league table:
View attachment 353172

All-in-all it was a mixed season. I was delighted with the cup double but disappointed with our performances in Europe. We scraped through in the group and got spanked in the first knockout round by Inter, this will certainly have to change before next season as we enter the Champions League and will face off against the big boys!

New Stadium plans announced!

I was very shocked when I got this message after the final game of the season, I didn't even ask Daniel Levy to build a new one! The new 'Tottenham Stadium' is a 49,000 all-seater with under soil heating and a retractable roof. Costing £200million to build. The board have secured a loan for £142million with the other £75million coming from a Stadium sponsorship deal.

View attachment 353177

Bale claims Players' Young player of the year!

View attachment 353178

Any feedback on the story guys? And does anyone want me to continue with the story?
Cheers.

Any feedback on the story guys? And does anyone want me to continue with the story?
Cheers.

Good end to the season Jordan, definitely need to continue the story! Will you be able to win the Title next season? I would make you contenders for sure so long as Bale is the focus of your attention. Nice layout mate.

Take a look at my story too, it's good to get feedback :)

A New United : F.C. United of Manchester

Season Expectations (2013/14)

Board:

• [*=center]Reach the first knockout round of the CL
    [*=center]Challenge for the PL Title
    [*=center]Reach the semi-final of the FA Cup
Board promises

• [*=center]Promote youth
    [*=center]Play attacking football

My personal goals:

• [*=center]Win another domestic cup
    [*=center]Promote youth
    [*=center]Hopefully win the PL

Transfers

Due to the plans for the new stadium, this heavily affected the money I got for the upcoming transfer window. I was given a budget of £20million plus another 100k in wages.

Outs

We made a nice £36.5million from selling fringe and unneeded players such as £7million for Harry Kane, £8million for Clint Dempsey and £10million for Michael Dawson (the last two both went to Man City). We also sold a lot of younger players who weren't needed.

Ins

Although I wanted to bring in a world-class striker I simply cannot afford it. After selling the fringe players I had £50million to spend but needed a new centre-back and attacking midfielder/winger. Since one of my goals was to promote youth, I opted for these two players

Isco - I activated his £34.5million release clause to bring him to The Lane. The skilful youngster will certainly help our fight in Europe as well as domestically.

Kurt Zouma - The big centre-back currently has a rating of only 2.5* but he has 5* potential. I paid £25million for the Frenchman and thats that - my transfer kitty is now gone!

View attachment 353183View attachment 353184

Transfers in full:
View attachment 353182

My first choice XI for the upcoming season
View attachment 353186

Reluctantly i've promoted Gomes to back-up keeper to Lloris as nobody wanted to buy him and Brad Friedel is on a massive decline. Also young left-back Danny Rose has been promoted to the first team as cover for BAE. Rose has a 4* potential and right now I don't have the money to splash the cash on a real top quality LB.

Good end to the season Jordan, definitely need to continue the story! Will you be able to win the Title next season? I would make you contenders for sure so long as Bale is the focus of your attention. Nice layout mate.

Take a look at my story too, it's good to get feedback :)

A New United : F.C. United of Manchester

Well i've made a couple of key signings so hopefully they should fire me to the title. The only thing I feel i'm lacking is a world-class striker.

Kurt Zouma is a beast! Definitely one of the best defenders on the game to be honest.

Use him at front post for flick ons in corner set pieces, works an absolute treat. Had him in previous saves for Man Utd.

Good formation too, might make a similar style for my squad if we are promoted to the Blue Square Premier.

Just read from start to finish very impressive story keep it up :)

Pre-Season

I decided to take the team on a three-game tour of America to kick-off pre-season, pitting our wits against the best teams in the MLS.

New York Red Bulls 1-5 Tottenham
Henry - Bale, Dembele, Defoe x2, Vertonghen

Colorado Rapids 0-0 Tottenham

LA Galaxy 1-3 Tottenham
Donovan - Dembele, Vertonghen, Isco

Straight after this game I was offered 31-year old striker Landon Donovan on a free transfer. He is rated 3.5* and is just as good as my current strikers. He is also very versatile, so I snapped him up and he'll sign in January on wages of 30k a week.

View attachment 353239

Then we returned to Europe for four more friendlies before the Community Shield.

Bayern Munich 0-0 Tottenham

Leyton Orient 1-2 Tottenham
Mooney - Fierro, Dembele

Tottenham 1-1 Celtic
Bale - Brown (pen)

Tottenham 7-0 South Park
Zouma, Caulker, Sigurdsson x3, Adebayor x2.

View attachment 353240

Top scorer: Gylfi Sigurdsson, Moussa Dembele (3)
Best player: Steven Caulker

An unbeaten pre-season is always nice. Next up is the Community Shield against Man Utd, lets hope the lads can start the new season with some silverware!

August

View attachment 353259

Manchester United 0-1 Tottenham (Community Shield)
Defoe

Building from the back has proven to be a successful tactic once again. If my lads can keep a clean sheet I always back them to nick a goal whoever the opposition.

Tottenham 1-0 Stoke
Dembele

Norwich 1-1 Tottenham
Holt - Isco

Tottenham 3-0 Birmingham
Dembele x2, Isco

Winning the community shield was a great way to start the season. New signing Isco has hit the ground running by scoring two goals in the league and adding an assist in the Community Shield.

Champions League draw

The CL draw took place and we were seeded third. We have been handed a tough group which includes Barcelona, Juventus and Romanian side FC Vaslui.

View attachment 353262

Top goalscorer: Dembele (3)
Best player: Isco

View attachment 353261

League table

View attachment 353263

September

Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool
Bale - Allen

Tottenham 1-1 Juventus (Champions League)
Adebayor - Quagliarella

Chelsea 1-1 Tottenham
Torres - Bale

Tottenham 1-0 Hull (Capital One Cup)
Caulker

Wigan 0-3 Tottenham
Defoe, Vertonghen, Isco

Three draws and two wins in September. Its nice to be unbeaten but I would've liked to have one at least one more game. Gareth Bale continues his scintillating form by scoring two important goals. Disappointingly we had a goal ruled out against Juve which would've given us all three points.

Top goalscorer: Gareth Bale (2)

View attachment 353284

League table and CL table

View attachment 353285View attachment 353286