Gary Neville Retires

3 words to say......

YOU A ****!!!

I know I hate the bloke, I think he's a **** and never want to see his face or hear his face again, but:

The best English right back I have ever seen, as much as I hate the man, we have never replaced him for England and no one really comes close. Not sure why people are comparing him to Cafu, Thuram etc. Aka, arguably two of the best right backs in history. Whether it's an attempt to belittle his ability and achievements, I don't know. But as a Pool fan, it is extremely hard to praise the man based on my hatred for him.

But there ya go - I've said it - Top class RB on his day, you'll now never hear/read me say a nice thing about the bloke again.

You quote my tongue in cheek comment which I explained as a joke, yet you fail to mention my comment above where I practically have nothing but praise for the man?!

Jesus wept, **** me.

England haven't replaced him as a RB because Capello plays the useless Johnson. There are better english right-backs now....like Micah Richards and Martin Kelly.

Anyways..i wont miss that Rat.

Wenger on Gary

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has no hesitation in declaring Gary Neville to be the best English right-back of the Premier League era

Best English right-back in the Premier League? Certainly," Wenger said.

"If you look at his record, he has won absolutely everything and with the number of games he has played, he is without a doubt the best."

"I respect what he has done a lot because he was certainly not one of the most talented players in the league," he said. "But what he has achieved is consistency.

"His record is down to intelligence and motivation - he is an example to players who are maybe less gifted than the Ryan Giggses or the David Beckhams.

"He still make a fantastic career because he is intelligent and highly motivated. He deserves great credit."

Can't not respect the guy, a moaning, whining, winging little ***** when he's playing against you!

Couldn't stand to see him going on at referees in games against us trying to get inside the referees head and influence him into getting the next decision. Although that was not only just him...

HOWEVER, when he played for England, and when he wasn't playing against us, when you took a step back and watched his commitment and drive to win every ball and fight for the cause, it shows the calibre of him as an individual. The sort of player that i love to see play the game!

Totally underrated, him and his brother are. Best England right back bar none! Will be an ideal coach or manager if he decides to go down that route because of his experience and knowledge, would be nice to see him give it a go in the future.

ahhh shame. fantastic right back... annoying ***** though. he can finally concentrate on growin that beard, hes been tryin since 1992!!!

Great player and was very loyal to Manchester United. He did my head in though. Anyway i hope he returns to football in the near future in a coaching role etc.

Found this quite amusing, from here

Gary Neville, the Manchester United and former England right-back, has announced his retirement from professional game, and all connected with football will be sad to see him go.

Neville, 44, joined United from school, aged 8, in 1956, and has made a total of no less than 24,668 appearances for the club, winning 54 championship and 18 FA Cup winners medals. He was also part of the team that won the Champions League 14 times, and the Watney Cup twice.

During his glittering United career, Neville scored a remarkable 2,368 goals - something no other full-back has ever matched - headed the ball an amazing 179,654 times, and made in excess of three million tackles. Despite this, he has NEVER been booked, and was always a firm favourite with referees and opposition fans alike.

He played a record 1,298 times for his country, and was an ever-present during England's 1966 World Cup-winning campaign. He found the net 251 times - readers will remember it was he who scored the winning goal in the final against West Germany with his nose - and was briefly captain when he had a dream about it.

The Manchester born-and-bred star, who stands nearly 7 feet tall and weighs more than 20 stone, has been a United fan all of his life. Reds manager Sir Alex Ferguson said of him:

"Gary has had enough. He's getting on now, and has decided to hang up his boots. That doesn't mean he's literally going to hang a pair of boots up, you understand. It's just a metaphor, another way of saying 'he's giving up playing', which has become long-associated with footballers retiring from the game. He's unbelievably talented, and an all-round unbelievable player. I, personally, wouldn't believe anything he said."

Other players were quick to heap praise on the United player. One, the similarly-named Everton midfielder Phil Neville, said:

"He's a runt, but I love him like a brother."

Carragher on Neville

“For me he’s the best full-back the Premier League’s had. And also just behind David Beckham probably one of the best crossers of the ball we’ve seen.

“For me he’s the best full-back the Premier League’s had”Jamie Carragher
“People always talk about the rivalry between Liverpool and Man United and of course it exists. We want to beat them and they want to beat us but I have great respect for Man United as a club and I hope that’s vice versa.

“Were two of the most successful teams, two of the biggest teams in the world, and for me Gary Neville’s been one of the main reasons why that’s happened.

“A great player, great pro and to play at that level for so long is a fantastic achievement so I take my hat off to him.”

Found this quite amusing, from here

Gary Neville, the Manchester United and former England right-back, has announced his retirement from professional game, and all connected with football will be sad to see him go.

Neville, 44, joined United from school, aged 8, in 1956, and has made a total of no less than 24,668 appearances for the club, winning 54 championship and 18 FA Cup winners medals. He was also part of the team that won the Champions League 14 times, and the Watney Cup twice.

During his glittering United career, Neville scored a remarkable 2,368 goals - something no other full-back has ever matched - headed the ball an amazing 179,654 times, and made in excess of three million tackles. Despite this, he has NEVER been booked, and was always a firm favourite with referees and opposition fans alike.

He played a record 1,298 times for his country, and was an ever-present during England's 1966 World Cup-winning campaign. He found the net 251 times - readers will remember it was he who scored the winning goal in the final against West Germany with his nose - and was briefly captain when he had a dream about it.

The Manchester born-and-bred star, who stands nearly 7 feet tall and weighs more than 20 stone, has been a United fan all of his life. Reds manager Sir Alex Ferguson said of him:

"Gary has had enough. He's getting on now, and has decided to hang up his boots. That doesn't mean he's literally going to hang a pair of boots up, you understand. It's just a metaphor, another way of saying 'he's giving up playing', which has become long-associated with footballers retiring from the game. He's unbelievably talented, and an all-round unbelievable player. I, personally, wouldn't believe anything he said."

Other players were quick to heap praise on the United player. One, the similarly-named Everton midfielder Phil Neville, said:

"He's a runt, but I love him like a brother."

:S dont really see the amusing side of this, It is just a load of random **** bluttered out, Clearly trying to be Ironic.

This question has probably been asked but why didn't he just wait and hes basically won another Premier League title. Could of went out on a high instead of after a few shocking performances.

This question has probably been asked but why didn't he just wait and hes basically won another Premier League title. Could of went out on a high instead of after a few shocking performances.
he wasnt in the 25.

:S dont really see the amusing side of this, It is just a load of random **** bluttered out, Clearly trying to be Ironic.

Maybe that's because you support Manchester United. It was just a bit of light-hearted making fun of the idolisation and exaggeration of Neville.

GARY NEVILLE last night revealed the moment he realised his life as a Manchester United player was over.

The defender, who made 602 club appearances and won 65 England caps, knew it was time to hang up his boots during United's 2-1 victory at West Brom on New Year's Day when he felt like "a passenger" in the side.

Neville, 35, announced his immediate retirement from playing on Wednesday.

But he will remain at the club for the rest of the season to complete his coaching qualifications.

He admitted his career was based on fitness and intelligence rather than the silky skills of some of his team-mates.

Neville said: "I relied upon qualities that weren't technical or skilful to get to where I did.

"I like to think there was a level of intelligence and, physically, I felt like I could run all day. But mentally I had to do whatever it took to win a game for Manchester United.

"I was determined to win and felt to succeed was the most important thing. That was probably my greatest asset.

"But after that game at West Brom I felt I had reached the end. In fact, it wasn't after that game, it was during.

"You don't just give up after one bad game. I had enough of them over the last 20 years to know that can happen.

"In the previous two seasons I had played 25-30 games and there was always a period where I felt I was contributing.

"Once you have lost that and you know it is not quite right, you don't want to be a passenger."

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Maybe that's because you support Manchester United. It was just a bit of light-hearted making fun of the idolisation and exaggeration of Neville.

I understand that, but i wouldnt find it funny if it was done let say about carragher or any other club legend, Just seems an awful attempt at comedy to me

I understand that, but i wouldnt find it funny if it was done let say about carragher or any other club legend, Just seems an awful attempt at comedy to me

It's not meant to be absolutely hilarious, it's just a spoof. And I said I found it 'quite amusing', I wasn't rolling around the floor at it. Or maybe I just have a **** sense of humour.

It's not meant to be absolutely hilarious, it's just a spoof. And I said I found it 'quite amusing', I wasn't rolling around the floor at it. Or maybe I just have a **** sense of humour.

I just saw it as an awful dig at Neville, which isnt funny, but maybe i am looking too much into it.

He's a legend. He doesn't deserve to be taken the **** out of. He's a footballer who epitomises the love of football and the pastoral **** towards his home town. It's a shame that footballers in this day and age would rather earn money than play for their favourite team.

9dff25b8f50446558f0453ff216e6754.jpg

Legend.