Gary Neville set to retire at the end of the season

WOW

That was unexpected

Really? He rarely plays for United now and when he does he generally makes mistakes and offers nothing going forward. Will probably become a coach at United.

Good.

He's simply not able to compete at this level anymore, and I'd rather his incredible career not be tainted by a string of poor performances in his twilight years.

Was a great player but is past it now so should retire

Absolute ****.

Gotta give it to him though, very passionate man.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

YouTube - Man Utd Liverpool Gary Neville Classic Celebration.

In front of Liverpool fans after they beat us in injury time, I think. Most Liverpool fans cannot stand him.

I dont think Luke was Arguing with the Fact, Liverpool fans cant stand him, But more that Iamuser said he had an bad attitude, When Gary is one of the most Passionate, Determined Footballers to ever grace the English Game. but yeah can see why you think he is a ****, in the same way, i think he is a legend, :)

I dont think Luke was Arguing with the Fact, Liverpool fans cant stand him, But more that Iamuser said he had an bad attitude, When Gary is one of the most Passionate, Determined Footballers to ever grace the English Game. but yeah can see why you think he is a ****, in the same way, i think he is a legend, :)

scholes, giggs and gary should be knighted for their services to football :)

scholes, giggs and gary should be knighted for their services to football :)

Neville will never get Knighted, Neither will scholes, :( Neville cause it would be so Controversial, and Scholes cause he never grabbed the headlines/ limelight like others. Arise Sir Ryan will happen soon though.

Neville will never get Knighted, Neither will scholes, :( Neville cause it would be so Controversial, and Scholes cause he never grabbed the headlines/ limelight like others. Arise Sir Ryan will happen soon though.

ryan defo will get knighted, scholes is in with a shout tho. he served club and country admirably and hit the highest of highs without it all going up to his head.

Last edited:
Time is right, performances this season have been well below his best.

I hope he stays on as a coach - he still has plenty to give and Rafael and Fabio can learn plenty from him about full-back play.

Thank you for the last 16-17 years Gary, what a great servant you have been to our club

Most footballers only get added to the honours list for reasons other than playing. Such as charity work, services to the sport in another capacity or management.

Doubt many would have predicted Fergie would be getting a knighthood after his playing career finished.

Most footballers only get added to the honours list for reasons other than playing. Such as charity work, services to the sport in another capacity or management.

Doubt many would have predicted Fergie would be getting a knighthood after his playing career finished.

I think Giggs will get Knighted soon or later without a doubt,

I think Giggs will get Knighted soon or later without a doubt,

Agree with you saying that Giggs will probs get knighted, especially if he goes on to have a decent managerial career (if he chooses to). Can't see Scholes and Definitely not Neville getting knighted.

Cannot describe my joy when he went to take the throw-in and a Liverpool fan threw a pie in his face.

If Gary Neville gets knighted for services to football then we might as well give one to Gary Glitter for his services to grooming.

If Gary Neville gets knighted for services to football then we might as well give one to Gary Glitter for his services to grooming.

I dont know where this Neville to be Knighted thing came from, Only Oneunited said it, everyone disagreed....

I dont know where this Neville to be Knighted thing came from, Only Oneunited said it, everyone disagreed....

Sorry King Scott, didn't realise I wasn't allowed to disagree as well...