Gary Speed Tribute Challenge.

Just finished my third season

Won League 2 on goal difference :) and the Welsh Cup

View attachment 228665View attachment 228662

League Cup and JPT were pretty dissapointing

View attachment 228663View attachment 228661

Unfortunately I managed to beat Aannddyy and got the FA Cup final AND got Europe :)

View attachment 228664View attachment 228660

Admittedly I only played one Premier League side in the run up to the final but still, a European adventure next season :)

Oh, and the board are now planning to increase stadium size and upgrade training facilities.

Last edited:
Slight update - Qualified for the Europa League group stage beating Rio Ave 5-1 at home and 6-2 on aggregate. Drawn a tough group though with Benfica and Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Regarding other Welsh sides, four games in and I've already beaten Swansea and Cardiff! :)

After a relatively average performance at the Euro's I decided to resign as the Denmark Manager. I feel that I did what I could for the footballing nation of Denmark, and was waiting for my chance to become the Wales manager. I resigned and within the same day Mancini quit England and Speed Quit Wales - I was offered both jobs - Pretty easy to know which one I took :)

View attachment 229647

Challenge League Table
Player Swansea Cardiff Wales Wrexham Newport Colwyn Bay Total Season
JonoMUFC 22040 260 2017/2018
faulky10 220302502016/2017
Aannddyy
802015/2016
Meynell94

552014/2015
GardnerGFC40

2012/2013
Thefmgod 20 20
kandersson20 20
garthy1706 5 5

So with andy securing promotion to the Premier league (but not winning the Championship) he gets 10 points. Along the way he won the Welsh cup adding another 5 to that haul. He's a season behind me and a season ahead of Meynell - Can Meynell have a victorious season in Europe, Wales and the Championship? Only time will tell. My misery with Denmark is over and I start a new reign with Wales - World cup qualifiers up next!

Haha love the paragraph to build dramatic effect. But no, I won't catch Aannddyy hes obviously just too good for me :(

I'll post all my screenshots tomorrow, I CBA tonight. Also, just got the Wales job after Brian Flynn lost to Georgia.. The ******.

Haha love the paragraph to build dramatic effect. But no, I won't catch Aannddyy hes obviously just too good for me :(

Well I don't mean to brag but I've already beaten United and Arsenal this season. (;

...And I've been thrashed by Wigan.. Haha. Have you been promoted?

Well I don't mean to brag but I've already beaten United and Arsenal this season. (;

...And I've been thrashed by Wigan.. Haha. Have you been promoted?

Nope in Championship atm, only in October so you've overtaken me in terms of game time. Looking strong though. 12 games and have 10 wins 1 draw 1 loss. I've also beaten Benfica away from home in Europe so it's looking good so far this season :)

Will catch you though and when i do, everyone will know that Newport are the true pride of Wales!

Last edited:
Looks like A solid start! Keep us up to date with your progress - Also you can add me to steam (spinelesscoma) if you wanna chat tactics cuz lets face it I am better than Jono

Looks like A solid start! Keep us up to date with your progress - Also you can add me to steam (spinelesscoma) if you wanna chat tactics cuz lets face it I am better than Jono

Keep smack talking bro, Im just letting you catch up :p

View attachment 233563 View attachment 233564 View attachment 233565

another u18 league win. My young Canadian Victor Fletcher absolutely decimated the u18 league running away with everything basically. My players dominated the league and made other teams look absolutely simple. I am heading off to the u18 league cup finals as well and might be adding yet another trophy to the cabinet.

View attachment 233572

Ended up needing ET to solve Manchester City. As you can see they were down to 10 men by the end of the match thanks to my pre game tactic which was to go in hard in my tackles. No Niang for the final which was a clear hole although Falcao and Sigporsson did play 'ok' I ended up bringing on Wickham and Polo to end the match. Samba scoring his first goal of the season to wrap up my 5th Carling up win in 6 seasons - This is by far the easiest cup to win.

Challenge League Table

Player Swansea Cardiff Wales Wrexham Newport Colwyn Bay Total Season
faulky1024530 275 2017/2018
JonoMUFC220402602017/2018
Aannddyy3080 1102015/2016
Meynell9455 552014/2015
GardnerGFC40 40 2012/2013
Thefmgod 20 20
kandersson20 20
garthy1706 5 5
As you can see that little victory puts me back on top of the league standings! and I'm barely half way through the season. I'm still in the running for another PL title and also still in Champions league and the FA cup. So I could extend my lead on Jono before he starts playing again :D

Last edited: