Votes: 6 42.9%
  • callumh-94

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • smiler 7

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
currently at 23rd october

played 4 games, with 3 wins, 2 of those unexpected after defeating ac milan and roma, before a shock of a hammering by atalanta, before regaining confidence by thrashing chievo, gignac grabbing his 1st, 2nd and 3rd goal! leaves us 5th in the table 3 points off top, also qualified for europa league group stage, and drew a tough group with everton, fenerbahce and omonoia, disgraceful 1st game in the competition, only managing a goalless draw away to omonoia! game against siena coming up!

View attachment 29159

View attachment 29160

View attachment 29161

View attachment 29162

View attachment 29163

View attachment 29164

Nice results, gignac is paying his way with goals unlike my signings who aren't giving me the consistency I expected <)

Crippler's Report #4

Writing this one right after each match

Rosenborg 2 - 2 Genoa (Europa League)
The game was pretty even on the midfield but Rosenborg was clearly shooting more even with less possession. Ivan Juric scored for Genoa at 28' wich got me euforic (I really mean it) and we reached the half-time like that. Already playing defensive Alejandro Lago scored the equalizer for Rosenborg 65' into the game but it didn't last for long as Kharja scored back for my side at 74'. I would eventually suffer a late goal (90+3) from Rade Prica after Andrea Esposito who came from the bench forgot how to play one-two with his partner and gave the ball away...

Cagliari 3 - 1 Genoa (Serie A)
After a good performance comes the bad one (it will happen to you too (H)). And so I went half-time already losing 3-0, goals from Dessedena (1), Jeda (11) and Biondini (38). All scored on counter-attacks and on the 2nd half they had at least a bit of decency and scored for me, own goal from Marchetti (86). Game was already lost by far against a defensive side.. oh wait this is the italian league<)

5th October - Signed Matteo Brighi from Roma, I believe that will be my Christmas gift.

Genoa 0 - 0 Parma (Serie A)
Awesome environment. Just pitty about the clouded sky and the 5 degrees, Stadium almost full. People singing from both sides.. oh the match, no goals... now where was I? Ahh! There was this guy on the stand shouting "Hot Dog! Hot Dog!"...

LOSC Lille 1 - 2 Genoa (Europa League)
The Odds were against Genoa but this time my team was determined to win something and so 14' into the game Sculli gave the visitors the advantage. At 81' I almost had (another) rage dump onto my team but luckily as Hazard scored for Lille. Luckily for me Créspo scored right next (83) and we managed to hold that untill Mr. Referee whistled.

That leaves Genoa on 2nd place in the group by the end of the 1st round
View attachment 29338

Lazio 3 - 0 Genoa (Serie A)
OUCH! stop. OUCH! stop. OUCH. stop. send.
What a great 1st half it was untill Emílson Cribari (42) scored against me, that was my 1st OUCH!. The 2nd would come by Zárate (53) and then when I was already packing my stuff Brochi (90+3) made me throw the last one... OUCH!:'(

Catania 1 - 2 Genoa (Serie A)
With a little help from Catania's boys I managed to get out of their ghetto with a victory. Christian Terlizzi (11) opened the score with an own goal for Genoa that would be the only real thing besides fouls to happen in the 1st half. Second half was much more of a battle as Catania striked hard and scored right at minute 47 by Marco Biangianti. Genoa had to survive the continued rage of attacks and successfully managed a counter-attack on a great run by Kharja (56) that would seal the score.

View attachment 29341

Now some brief words aside from the report. Game speaking I'm having fun even with some frustating results but where I'm really having fun is writing the match reports, that's worth the rest of the mess I do.

Last edited:
siena 1-2 genoa
tough game but a solid performance with floccari and mesto grabbing, the goals.

genoa 3-1 napoli
great performance papastathopoulos, milanetto and robert sosa scoring the goals, in a great team performance

genoa 1-3 everton
another disgraceful european defeat, this leaves our european progressions, basically in tatters,. gignac scoring an early goal, looked like a good start, but outclassed in every way. very dispointed!

genoa 0-2 fiorentina
after dominating 1st half, really should have had a goal or 2, fiorentina went up a gear in 2nd half, and we were blitzed, disapointed again!

currently at 5th october, so far so good, other than my last 2 results. 4th in table, but awful european campaign so far!

View attachment 29715

View attachment 29716

Cagliari 1-1 genoa
Pretty even game, no complaints really, you get out, what you put in. floccari scored btw,

Genoa 1-0 fenerbahce
Resurrects the European campaign, now 2nd ahead by 1 point, after this solid win, mesto grabbing a late winner.

Catania 2-0 genoa
Definitely worst performance, created few chance and were never a threat, definitely a few changes for next game

Genoa1-1 livorno
Livorno took an early surprise, before milanetto scored a 35 yarder, immense, but this league form is worrying, need to get back into form very quickly!

Lazio 1–0 genoa
After surviving a 1st half Lazio barrage on our goal, we couldn’t survive another… a real lack of confidence in the squad at the min!!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

fenerbahce 0-4 genoa
criscito,mesto costa and floccari all scoring, fantastic result which relly helps us in our way to progression!

genoa 1-0 sampdoria
great victory in the derby, it was a very dogged affair, douglas costa scored in the 1st minute , and that was enough!

inter next after international break!

Smiler_7- First Update
Sorry for taking so long to update. But i am now :)

In my first month in charge of Genoa i have already got rid of staff and players i didn't feel were good enough for this club. I have signed three players so far and had some solid friendly wins. First the signings i broke the bank on my first signing although he is just gone 31 i think he still has the quality for the seria A.... Yes Juan Roman Riquleme yes it was near £13million but hopefully will be worth it I have also brought in James Rodriguez as he is a great prospect for the future.. I have also brought in young brazilian Bernardo on a season long loan. I have also sold players i feel are not needed. I will update after the end of next month. :D Oh and for selling Genoa 'legand' Rossi which caused a hissy fit oops....
19.%20Bernardo.png

Last edited:
computer broke, and game lost, so looks like im out! sorry!