Reaction score

Pass The Parcel -
George Best FC

View attachment 474111
'The man himself in action for Northern Ireland.'

This was an idea thought of by myself and LovanoFM when trying to think of an idea to start a pass the parcel save. We have created a new club named after the Northern Irish legend and put them into the Blue Square North. The idea is that the club has been put together by the Northern Irish FA and have replaced Vauxhall Motors in the Blue Square North. They are located in Belfast and play their home games at Windsor Park. They have scoured Northern Ireland for the best of the local talent (In game regens by 'adding players to team') and boast some very impressive facilities, including Exceptional Junior Coaching, extensive youth recruitment and good youth and training facilities.

View attachment 474094
'The home of the newly formed George Best FC'

The club has been given a £1,000,000 balance and a starting wage budget of around £3,500 a week, so promotion in the first couple of seasons should be achieved and will be expected by the board. The long term goal of this save is to obviously reach the Premier League and use our success to take the Northern Ireland job and improve the national side. In theory, it should be very easy at the start due to our superior finances and facilities but should become more difficult as we move up the divisions.

Running Order:

1) Safc-mad-scotty
2) LovanoFM
3) Didier Drogba
4) Tyler Berry
5) Maltefb

As you can see we have chosen to have 5 players to take part. LovanoFm is waiting to hear from Duzzy as to whether he wants to take part but we are looking for 2 more people to join. It would be preferable for you to be pretty active on the forum and be willing to try to complete your 6 months as quickly as possible in order to keep the story rolling. Me and Lovano have already played the first season and we will start going round from us again whilst we wait for others to join. We'll start to update on our progress as soon as possible.

Rules:

1) We have to stay at George Best FC, as building the club is the whole point of this save.
2) Try to show a preference to Northern Irish talent, since we will be looking to take over the national team at some point.

These are the only two rules we have so far, although we might agree some more between the 5 of us when we get further into the save.

Save Targets:

Club Targets:

1) Win the Premier League
2) Win the Capital One Cup
3) Win the FA Cup
4) Win the Champions League

5) Win the Premier League with 50% of squad being Northern Irish.
6) Win the Capital One Cup with 50% of squad being Northern Irish.
7) Win the FA Cup with 50% of squad being Northern Irish
8) Win the Champions League with 50% of squad being Northern Irish.

9) Win the Premier League with 75% of squad being Northern Irish.
10) Win the Capital One Cup with 75% of squad being Northern Irish.
11) Win the FA Cup with 75% of squad being Northern Irish
12) Win the Champions League with 75% of squad being Northern Irish.

13) Win the Premier League with 100% of squad being Northern Irish.
14) Win the Capital One Cup with 100% of squad being Northern Irish.
15) Win the FA Cup with 100% of squad being Northern Irish
16) Win the Champions League with 100% of squad being Northern Irish.

International Targets:

1) Be appointed the Northern Ireland manager.
2) Have a Northern Irish squad be made up exclusively of George Best FC players.
3) Qualify for a European Championship.
4) Qualify for a World Cup.
5) Reach the Knockout stages of the European Championships.
6) Reach the Knockout stages of the World Cup.
7) Win the European Championships.
8) Win the World Cup.
9) Win the Confederations Cup.

Anyone who wants to take part should comment on this thread, and either myself or Lovano will be in touch...

Last edited:
well im interested in raising reputation of northern ireland (never tried it yet)

George Best FC
June - December 2012

View attachment 474090

Club Information:

View attachment 474088View attachment 474087

So as you can see we have pretty good facilities which will hopefully help us progress as a club. We don't own the stadium but hopefully we'll be able to get one of our own in the future. Also, we used George Best's son Callum as the manager so we hopefully can get a 'Best Stadium' or something similar in the future.

Transfers:

View attachment 474086

We mainly entered the loan market to plug the gaps in the squad which the game created for us. Center midfield was particularly weak and we were lacking a quality striker, but Wes Fletcher was brought in on loan from Burnley and I don't think he'd look out of place in League 2, never mind the BSN!

Squad:

View attachment 474085

Fixtures:

View attachment 474084View attachment 474083

After the first 3 games I realized we were far too strong for this league, so I downloaded the FM Classic skin so I could use instant result for the rest of the games. We ended up winning all but 2 league games and progressing to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy. Since we are a new club we can't enter the FA Cup for 3 seasons, which is a shame...

Player Stats:

View attachment 474081

Quite a lot of goals from the loanee's, but overall the performances are what you would expect. Young winger Michael Ferguson is only 16 as well so he is a great prospect and his performances give me hope he could be with us through the next few leagues.

Player of the Update - Lee Atkinson

View attachment 474079

Our skipper managed 7 goals from center back in the first half of the season and has been an all round rock. He's like a Northern Irish Luiz Felipe for anyone who follows my Paris FC save...

League Table:

View attachment 474080

22 points clear with a game in hand XD It's safe to say we will get promoted as we're just too good for this division. The second half of the season will be all about just securing the promotion, trying to get as far as possible in the FA trophy and hoping to get some good prospects in the youth intake.

And with that... I'll pass it over to LovanoFM who played the second half of the season...

View attachment 474077

---1st Season Review---

View attachment 474076
A decent end to the season following the trend that Scotty set ' winning '. We started off pretty poor as we suffered three defeats in the opening five games but we then picked the pace up and dominated most teams with relative ease.

---League Table---

View attachment 474074

A great start to George Best FC's campaign, dominating the BSN in some fashion finishing with a goal difference of +74 and breaking the leagues point record with 104.

---Player of the Season---

View attachment 474072
This guy has performed very well during the course of my 6 months. Overall, he played 41 games scoring 10 times as a centre back and finished the season with an average rating of 7.81!

---Club Finances---
View attachment 474071

The clubs finances are looking very promising as of the first season so lets hope they continue to rise.

Last edited:
I'm sure you have sorted it out properly but just double checking that you set it up right with regards to European Qualification. You seriously don't want to play 6 seasons minimum (if its qualification based on league performance) and then find out you can't get into Europe. Happened to me in my Rangers Story and I had to totally restart which was guttening. I am an Editor noob btw so I'm sure you won't have made the same mistake but you would be better checking it now.

I'm sure you have sorted it out properly but just double checking that you set it up right with regards to European Qualification. You seriously don't want to play 6 seasons minimum (if its qualification based on league performance) and then find out you can't get into Europe. Happened to me in my Rangers Story and I had to totally restart which was guttening. I am an Editor noob btw so I'm sure you won't have made the same mistake but you would be better checking it now.

Yeah, thanks for the notice. Lovano did the editing and he says he just copied Swansea's set up but with NI instead of Wales.

Also, for anybody who is interested Lovano has also got someone to make us some custom kits so we should be able to show you them soon enough when we get them into the game.

Transfers:

View attachment 473811

We mainly entered the loan market to improve squad depth.Brought on loan one striker, winger, CM and CB and signed 2 Northern Irish players to keep it familiar.

Fixtures:

View attachment 473810

We entered the league with a loss, but with time we improved our tactics and set pieces and we returned back in fighting for promotion.Away victory 4-0 against biggest opponent and progressing to 3rd round of FA Trophy are just cream of the crop.

Player Stats:

View attachment 473783

All loaned players are contributing as expected, Lee Atkinson is still rock of defense and 16 years young hot prospect Kevin Willis is coping with team better then expected.

View attachment 473775View attachment 473774

League Table:

View attachment 473782

Even tho media predicted 16th position for our side we are currently fighting with Luton for first place and playoff for promotion is as secured as it can be after half season.

Last edited:
If its not too much I would like to be the next/last guy in this if its open

End of Season Review:

Fixtures:
View attachment 473435
We had a shakey start, i only won one in the first 5, and exited the FA Trophy which i was gutted about. However as you can see we went on a great run, 15 games unbeaten by my count!

League Table:

View attachment 473436

As you can imagine, this led to us winning the league. We were champions with 6 games to spare!
Transfers:

View attachment 473426View attachment 473425View attachment 473424

During the season i only signed one player, Chris Johns as a cover keeper because the other 2 were both injured. However i feel like he had good potential, so let the second-choice keeper's contract run out.

Then James Knowles i believe will be a class midfielder. Particularly as a ball-winner, where he can be rotated with the youngster Maxwell.

Then my final signing, McNally as a CB. We weren't actually in need of one - however i felt he was too good to turn down at just 19 and on a free.

My Player of the Update goes to:

Adrian Curran

View attachment 473423

The wide midfielder was awesome when he returned from injury, although Ferguson, Rose and Willis all had a shout.

So in summary, the season finished well. Despite the poor FA trophy performance, we achieved a convincing promotion. Also whoever takes over next I'd advise look at getting in a couple of signings, and perhaps look at strengthening the facilities. I'd also advise to look at the training of the young players, and try and get them some first team games as there is a huge amount of class.

Just need to know how to upload the save then will!:D

George Best FC
Season 3 Preview

View attachment 473284

Transfers:

View attachment 473283

So, the first 2 signings were made by Tyler and were covered in his post. Out of my 4 signings, the main signing was Luke James for 625k. Normally with lower league saves I only ever make free transfers and loans but due to our stadium and matchday income I felt in a position to make such a transfer. He has been amazing on Klippybo's Hartlepool save and I think he could be pivotal over the next 2 divisions, maybe even 3. The other first 11 player brought in was Junior on loan from Everton. This was a no brainer as we are paying no wages and he is better than playing in league 2 in my opinion.

View attachment 473281View attachment 473280

The other 2 signing are cheap players needed for cover. Leiconte can play anywhere in midfield or up front so will be very useful and the left winger was mainly signed because he is Northern Irish and has good potential. He doesn't have the best stats for a winger but there is plenty of time to improve.

View attachment 473279View attachment 473278

Squad:

View attachment 473276View attachment 473275

A good squad with plenty of ability, and even more potential! Also, we only have 3 players in the squad who don't have any Northern Irish blood in them which is nice to see. I doubt this will be the case as we move into the higher leagues though.

Tactics:

View attachment 473273View attachment 473272

I'll use the 4-4-2 Lovano was using as my first choice (First 11 chosen in that screenshot) and my Paris FC 4-3-3 as backup. This should allow a smooth transition period between the two managers taking this season.

Board Expectations:

View attachment 473271

A few more competitions for us to take part in this season but I'm only really interested in the league to be honest. Yeah, a cup run would be nice but we should be aiming for another promotion, be that through the playoffs or automatically.

Next update will be how we go up until the start of January where I'll hand over to Lovano.

George Best FC
Season 3 - Mid-Season Update

View attachment 473125

Fixtures:

View attachment 473124View attachment 473123

We continue our fine form of the previous two seasons and are, once again, flying in the league. The Cups have been a little bit of a mixed bag though, getting knocked out of the League Cup 3-0 to Wigan, knocked out of the JPT by Walsall but managing to make it through to the FA Cup 3rd Round, where we will play Exeter.

Player of the Update - Luke James:

View attachment 473122

Our record signing has been amazing so far this season and from 34 appearances has managed 25 goals, 10 assists, 9 MOM's and a 7.7 average rating. Fully justified his fee and is worth every penny.

Player Stats:

View attachment 473121

Really nice to see our young Northern Irishmen Hegarty, Ferguson and Curran all performing so well. They are all future internationals in my opinion!

League Table:

View attachment 473120

Promotion is all but guaranteed as we're 22 points clear of 4th with 17 games to go and it will give a chance to Lovano to keep developing our youngsters in the second half of the season.

Other News:

1) We have our first full Northern Ireland international in our goalkeeper Andy McDonald.

View attachment 473119

2) I agree to update our training facilities. Costly at £2,600,000 but I think it's worth it to help our youngsters develop.

View attachment 473118

Next up will be the second half of the season, played and updated by LovanoFM. Enjoyed this spell more than my last one, and looking forward to seeing whether we can get anymore good young players in our youth intake.

END OF SEASON UDPATE

View attachment 473099
View attachment 473098

Nothing much to say about the league really as we clean sailed after being put in a good position by scotty. Hull beat us in the FA Cup 4th round but overall it was a decent cup run for a league 2 side.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 473097

We set a new record for the amount of points in League 2 beating the previous team by two. League One football next season as we keep on improving as a side.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

View attachment 473096

These are Luke James stats for his debut season after Scotty brought him in for the highest fee payed for a player in this club.

OTHER NEWS

Norwich have been made our Parent Club.

The FA Cup tie vs Hull sets a new record attendance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next player in his DidierDrogba as he tries to get us through the first stage of League 1.

BOOM-TING!! Done and dusted there, with quality.