Well done there guys, great success....BUT ******* NORWICH AS A PARENT!? I'M CRYING.

In case you all didn't know - i'm an Ipswich fan.

Half season review

Transfers :

View attachment 472059

We brought in few Northern Irish hot prospects and a First team CB from Aberdeen foe fairly cheap price.

Fixtures :

View attachment 472062View attachment 472061

We started season pretty average but made big boom at the end of half season with 8 victories in a row 8all competition). We lost in first round of Capital Cup against Leeds, but still in a game in FA Cup (3rd round) and Johnstone Paint Trophy (Semi-Final)

League Table :

View attachment 472057

We are in game of securing promotion without playoff , but only important thing is that media guessed wrong again (they predicted that we will finish dead last).

Player Stats :

View attachment 472060

Centrebacks are like the rock, goalkeeper is doing his job, full backs are trying, wide midfielders play very good when they arent injured, strikers scores and centre midfielders play better as season is coming to the end.

Player of the Update : Luke James

View attachment 472058

Definitely best player of half season, when it was important he was scoring, currently best scorer and have more assists in season.

Looking good mate, hopefully Tyler can secure another promotion in the second half of the season! Saying that, another year in League 1 wouldn't be the end of the world as it would allow some of our youngsters more of a chance to develop before the big jump in quality in the Championship. How are the finances looking and did we make any improvements to facilities?

Looking good mate, hopefully Tyler can secure another promotion in the second half of the season! Saying that, another year in League 1 wouldn't be the end of the world as it would allow some of our youngsters more of a chance to develop before the big jump in quality in the Championship. How are the finances looking and did we make any improvements to facilities?

I called up in first team some youngsters and so far only one is getting big minutes.

View attachment 472045 View attachment 472044

Last edited:

This one looks like it could be a tight run-in. Just downloaded the save, expecting to be done by end of tomorrow latest.

End Of Season Review

Transfers:

We actually made no transfers. It's getting harder to find Northern Irish players of a decent ability. However whoever takes over next will notice a few players u23, running out of contract, who i've scouted.

League Table:

We were in 3rd when i took over, in touching distance of Rochdale and Hull.

View attachment 471116

That's right. We are the champions again! However we didn't reach 100 pts :(

View attachment 471113

So the fixtures are above. As you can see, we had an incredible FA Cup run, making it to the semis against Chelsea! We also picked up crazy form from Mid-Feb, leading us to the title, when we were 9 pts out of touch at one point.

Player of the Season

View attachment 471111

Adrian Curran
This is a class act. He's played games on 86% and been instrumental. We need another Adrian Curran to come through the ranks!

Save Summary

I'm happy with my 6 months, we achieved all that we really could, apart from the Johnstone's trophy. Having said that, i don't feel our squad is up to championship standards. I haven't improved it, because i didn't want to start splashing on Non-Northern Irish players, but it says alot, that Luke James was by far our best player, and had he been Northern Irish would've won the above award. Despite this, i think Curran and Ferguson could handle it at the top but i'm struggling to see us winning the league like we have done previously.

Last edited:
Guys I think we should just clear this up. Do we want success to the prem, then get the best facilities and build up Northern Ireland, or do we want slower success, using Northern Irish players?

I played the last six months with the latter mentality, and we still got success, however not sure how long that could continue.

Guys I think we should just clear this up. Do we want success to the prem, then get the best facilities and build up Northern Ireland, or do we want slower success, using Northern Irish players?

I played the last six months with the latter mentality, and we still got success, however not sure how long that could continue.

Great work this season mate!

I personally think we should try to maintain a balance. Like you've said there are a few players who I think will cut it at Championship level but we'll not have a whole squad which is good enough.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is we should use Northern Irish players where possible but there's no point in pursuing with them if they're not good enough, or don't have the potential to be good enough in the future. I could add a few targets for the save into the opening post so we have something to build towards maybe? I'll message you and the others about it and we can see if we can come up with something.

Great work this season mate!

I personally think we should try to maintain a balance. Like you've said there are a few players who I think will cut it at Championship level but we'll not have a whole squad which is good enough.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is we should use Northern Irish players where possible but there's no point in pursuing with them if they're not good enough, or don't have the potential to be good enough in the future. I could add a few targets for the save into the opening post so we have something to build towards maybe? I'll message you and the others about it and we can see if we can come up with something.

sounds good to me mate

Right, I've updated the opening post with our targets for the save! Some may say we're being a little ambitious but we might as well dream big.

Also, we're still looking for one last player to take part in this so if anyone wants to take part then just comment below.

This sounds exciting, wouldnt mind having a go with it? :)

Great results!

George Best FC
June - December 2016

When i first received the game, i thought the squad needed a major overhaul. So i went to the transfer market to find any new - preferably - Northern Ireland talents. However, that proved to be far too hard.
So starting doing the rounds of looking at some regens in foreign countries, but couldn't find anyone that really would improve the squad. And so it became clear we wouldn't spend much .
Matthew Ball
View attachment 470348
I did however sign a couple of players, one for the first team (Matthew Ball), and three for the future.

League Table
View attachment 470351

This Championship looked extremely tough, quite a few really strong team meant i was going in to a real test.
But we did well! The team didn't need any signings, and players like Joe Hegarty and Kevin Willis proved to be a deadly duo upfront.

The season so far went outstanding, and we were close to a major Carling Cup-upset, when we forced Tottenham into extra time, and getting a goal disallowed.

But first priority was the league, and that paid off, by 31.12.2016 we sit 1. in an extremely close Championship.

Transfers
- Not much action to be honest.
View attachment 470352

Fixtures
- We got some long winning streaks, and sometimes it felt like we just couldn't lose.
View attachment 470347

Player of The Season
- Made him Captain, and his performances rose right away.
View attachment 470350

Who want the save now, trying to secure Premier League promotion?

Awesome save guys, really interesting idea. Is there any chance you could upload the save for us to have a go on ourselves? Some excellent results, didn't see the turn around in League One coming!

Well done Malte! Didn't expect us to be challenging for promotion this season but I suppose there is big pressure on me to get promotion now after you've left us in such a good position :D

Just upload the save file to gamefront and send me it in a message or put it in this thread.

Awesome save guys, really interesting idea. Is there any chance you could upload the save for us to have a go on ourselves? Some excellent results, didn't see the turn around in League One coming!

Thanks, George Best FC.zip | Game Front - this is the latest file I have. It's just before the last update so it'll be before the start of our 1st season in the Championship.

*Takes a bow for league 1 turn around*

I'm joking, i'm joking, no-one buy ronaldo for 150 mil;)

George Best FC
Season 5 - End of Season Review

View attachment 470095

Transfers:

View attachment 470094

First 3 transfers were brought in in January. Jamie Ward was brought in until the end of the season on a free to cover up front and the left wing, Karim Rekik came in on loan as cover for our center backs and our big 400k signing was Northern Irishman Ryan McLaughlin from Liverpool as 1st choice right back.

View attachment 470093View attachment 470092View attachment 470091

I only made one signing in the period after the season finished, a decent looking Spanish poacher who I think will score goals if chances are created for him. I feel he is a decent signing for his 700k release clause he was picked up for.

View attachment 470090

Fixtures:

View attachment 470088

Our form was pretty patchy, especially after getting knocked out in the 5th round of the FA Cup. However, we picked up our form towards the end of the season as we got the majority of the squad back together and playing well.

Player of the Update - Joe Hegarty:

View attachment 470086

Can't remember who signed this lad but he's been a great signing. 53 league goals in 3 seasons, including 26 in the Championship this season and he only cost us £60,000. He's now worth £3,600,000 and has 2 international caps and goals to his name!

Player Stats:

View attachment 470083

3 Northern Irishmen as our standout players! It's also interesting to note that the last Northern Ireland squad featured no less than 10 George Best FC players!

League Table:

View attachment 470082

So... we get our 5th consecutive promotion and 5th consecutive league title. However, I feel as though we did massively overachieve this season and the two lads who take over the save next year will have a big job on their hands trying to keep us up. Unfortunately, Lovano has a problem with his steam account and can't play FM13 at the moment, so I'll be passing the save onto DidierDrogba and he'll have the job of getting our squad ready for the Premier League with just a £5,000,000 transfer budget and £67,000 a week spare wage budget! I would advise against selling any of our best young Northern Irish talent but at the end of the day it's up to whoever is playing the save to play it their way.