Gerard Pique - 35 goals in season :)

pavlin21

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm playing Football Manager since 2005, but I didn't saw something like that. I want to show you statistics of Gerard Pique in first season of my playing in FC Barcelona. All of the season he played at his normal position - DC, and he scored 35 goals in all competitions (especially by head from corner dedicated by Xavi). I'm sure that's very pretty result, don't you think? Did anybody has similiar experience with center defenders?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH and thanks for response :)

insane!!!!!!!!!!!
what patch do you use
and ur corner tactics??

Corner exploit :p
Don't brag because you use corner exlploit

Haha tubby will come here...and say Pique is nothing.
Andrea Rannochia FTL!!!

corner exploit? what is this? i'm not bragging, not saying I'm best of best - because I'm truely not :) Anrea Rannochia you saying... ok, I'll try him in next seasons ;)
I'm using the latest patch.

corner exploit? what is this? i'm not bragging, not saying I'm best of best - because I'm truely not :) Anrea Rannochia you saying... ok, I'll try him in next seasons ;)
I'm using the latest patch.

When you have your best header standing at far post during corners he scores a bagful,this is the corner exploit, as in you exploit your player's heading ability. Such a thing was also there last year FM 2010, when you placed your best long shot player lurking outside the area and corners aimed at penalty area. You would win matches 9-0 or so with this exploit.

yes im on my barca game 1st season on 11.2.1 patch. i have no specific corner instructions. xavi takes corners. pique plays dcr and hes got 7 goals in his first 14 matches. he has always got me a few goals but not as many headers from corners as this

ok, but what is wrong in corner exploiting? it's not fair? ;)

do you have to use that set peice maker thing to set up the corners? i hate that :S

i'm not using this. I also hate that.

For me cheating is when I (for example) lose a match and then load a game just before this match or when I'm using editor to increase money, transfers...

There's nothing wrong with what he's doing, crossing to the far post is not an exploit. A lot of teams do it. However, if he were to have 2/3 players just surrounding the keeper then yes arguably this is an exploit but as it is, it isn't exploiting anything and is just making the most of what he has available.

i dont think its cheating, cheating is like replaying games till you win, or taking over man city and giving yourself all thier money. just doing something sensible from corners isnt cheating! :)

There's nothing wrong with what he's doing, crossing to the far post is not an exploit. A lot of teams do it. However, if he were to have 2/3 players just surrounding the keeper then yes arguably this is an exploit but as it is, it isn't exploiting anything and is just making the most of what he has available.
I don't think you understand. ;)

We are not talking about exploiting player strengths. We mean exploit as in the technical term, and it has existed in the match engine in the past few FMs. In FM setting corners to the far post with a good header standing on the far post leads to a ridiculously unrealistic number of goals. In real life obviously this is fine, but in FM it is considered by many as cheating.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand. ;)

We are not talking about exploiting player strengths. We mean exploit as in the technical term, and it has existed in the match engine in the past few FMs. In FM setting corners to the far post with a good header standing on the far post leads to a ridiculously unrealistic number of goals. In real life obviously this is fine, but in FM it is considered by many as cheating.

Oh no, I completely understand. However in my opinion, I wouldn't class crossing the ball to your best header as an exploit. I'd refer to it as using common sense.

Oh no, I completely understand. However in my opinion, I wouldn't class crossing the ball to your best header as an exploit. I'd refer to it as using common sense.
Common sense it may be, but it is still an exploit as the match engine is bugged in this regard. Which is exactly what an exploit is - taking advantage of a bug or flaw.

ok, but I didn't know about that kind of bugs in game engine...and for my this is not a bug, just like hundreds of others "shortcomings". And if I have been look for all that kind of "problems", then I had to quit the game being really frustrated ;) Only reality has no bugs ;)

Last years player lurking outside the box was an exploit, because the game simply couldn't defend it at all. Nobody would mark the man or close down on him, hence exploiting game limitations.

I don't see how corners to far post to a good header is exploiting the game engine. Success rate is probably less than 10% anyway. Perhaps the biggest exploit to it is that the defense doesn't position themselves as well as they should for it.