Germany v Argentina Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what can I really say. I think the first goal hurt us a lot. After that, and from what I saw, it was going to be an equaliser or a devastating defeat on the counter attack. Unfortunately for me, it was la latter one. It was quite clear, that Maradona had no tactical vision at all, and that he relied only on the invidividual perfomances of his players. But then again, after seeing his display in the qualifying round, I was actually impressed they made it into QF. In the end, its the end of a dream.

Well, what can I really say. I think the first goal hurt us a lot. After that, and from what I saw, it was going to be an equaliser or a devastating defeat on the counter attack. Unfortunately for me, it was la latter one. It was quite clear, that Maradona had no tactical vision at all, and that he relied only on the invidividual perfomances of his players. But then again, after seeing his display in the qualifying round, I was actually impressed they made it into QF. In the end, its the end of a dream.
it looked like he was so focused on getting messi at his best he forgot about the rest of the side...

maradona is for support, not a good coach. to be frankly honest he annoyed me every single game, he got more touches on the ball then most argentina players....he talks **** to podolski asking if he is afraid of their aggression. please.....sore losers is what the argentina team was especially maradona

maradona is for support, not a good coach. to be frankly honest he annoyed me every single game, he got more touches on the ball then most argentina players....he talks **** to podolski asking if he is afraid of their aggression. please.....sore losers is what the argentina team was especially maradona
plenty of your players were talking **** in the media too...

what did they say? wasnt shown on tv. (not being a jerk, i really didnt hear anything on my channel but what argentina had said)

messi schmesssi......

what did they say? wasnt shown on tv. (not being a jerk, i really didnt hear anything on my channel but what argentina had said)

messi schmesssi......
no no, in the press, not in the game. hope spain get through, we'll have a top class possession side against a top class counter attacking side

that would be an amazing game although id love Paraguay to win ;-) would help me sleep better at night

mesut and germany outstanding today ım sorry for messi
maradona legend player but bad manager

Missed the game but what a result for Germany.

Well worth watching on Match of the Day later on if possible for you.

Was a brilliant display by the Germans. Their fourth goal was reminiscent of how they carved England up on the counter.

Well worth watching on Match of the Day later on if possible for you.

Was a brilliant display by the Germans. Their fourth goal was reminiscent of how they carved England up on the counter.

Will defo mate cheers.

Forensic dissection of Argentina's weaknesses. Pull Mash out of position and expose the right back. Very impressive again by Germany. Loew has impressed me for a long time, but I honestly didn't think Germany had the players to pull it off (especially in defence). Kudos to him and them.

I think we have all been impressed with the way Germany have played, i know i have.

Unless Uruguay win the World Cup it will be the first time a nation from the northern hemisphere has won it in the southern hemisphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.