Germany v England Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this..well annoyed though cos i won't be able to watch it..I think it will be 4-1 to Germany. Germany will get the first goal early on, and dominate the first half. Then we'll score after half time, and everyone will get all hopeful and think we could win..but then germany really turn it on and thump us with 3 more...Germany will be too fast and quick for us, adn their passing will just slice through our slow defence. Ozil will tear us apart. He has been outstanding

not a chance

Respect or otherwise, he's not at all proven - he's not achieved a thing in an almost non-existent managerial career.

Niether has Maradonna, Now he might win the WC.

Shearer has been involved in football long enough to know what to do, he is a former england capt for god sake, he knows how the players minds work and he got his badges.

Niether has Maradonna, Now he might win the WC.

Shearer has been involved in football long enough to know what to do, he is a former england capt for god sake, he knows how the players minds work and he got his badges.
but we havent got the player he has, and hes better tactically that people give him credit for. there is no point giving to shearer when you have someone like pearce anyway capello is keeping his job. the under 21s really and respect him already and they are going to be the future, one he has already had a big part in, it would be folly to suddenly throw that away

but we havent got the player he has, and hes better tactically that people give him credit for. there is no point giving to shearer when you have someone like pearce anyway capello is keeping his job. the under 21s really and respect him already and they are going to be the future, one he has already had a big part in, it would be folly to suddenly throw that away

Pearce, he proved his tectical flaws with a distantly below average reign as City boss and The u21s performance against the germans in the final.

Pearce, he proved his tectical flaws with a distantly below average reign as City boss and The u21s performance against the germans in the final.

And Shearer showed his managerial genius by not being able to stop Newcastle from being relegated.

Also - Maradona has the best attacking team in the world, something England are not.

you could say shearer proved his flawswith one win in 8 games. pearce admitted his mistakes and went back to basics and to learn more about the game, and is very well with the under21 and is bringing them on well and is developing them well which is exactly what we want, getting to the final is a great achievement

shearer went back to punditry....

its a no contest

you could say shearer proved his flawswith one win in 8 games. pearce admitted his mistakes and went back to basics and to learn more about the game, and is very well with the under21 and is bringing them on well and is developing them well which is exactly what we want, getting to the final is a great achievement

shearer went back to punditry....

its a no contest

Sheaer admitted his mistakes, He had 8 games with a ***** squad, he couldnt change it.

Whos to say Shearer hasnt gone back to basis and learned more the game? For all you know he could of spoken and observed many great managers, over the last 14 months. He could have more knowledge then pearce, plus he is attached to the current regime.

Sheaer admitted his mistakes, He had 8 games with a ***** squad, he couldnt change it.

Whos to say Shearer hasnt gone back to basis and learned more the game? For all you know he could of spoken and observed many great managers, over the last 14 months. He could have more knowledge then pearce, plus he is attached to the current regime.

How could he have more knowledge than Pearce when he has managed 8 games and Pearce has managed 137?

there is no way that shearer currently knows more about the game than pearce, whos actually in management. and pearce was actually there before capello, taking apart the senior side doesnt mean you take apart the under 21 leadership, when they have been relatively successful.

you cannot honestly argue that shearer is in a better position to manage england than peacre

Maradona shouldnt even be considered a manager. He believes that with his own experience, and his bla bla bla he can motivate his team enough to win the WC. Have you actually had a look at his staff? Hector Henrique never managed a team before. Mancuso? He used to play lately in 5 a side indoor soccer tournament involving south american retired players. Tactically they have no clue. Whatever they know comes from Bilardo, that with all due respect, has stayed back 20 years in his methods of training. Did you all know that when Bilardo was playing, he used to carry some needles with him, so that he could stick them into the opponent. And recently he claimed on TV, that he could do it because back then there was no AIDS in Argentina.... Anyway, Maradona, has no clue, the only time he managed clubs it had a devastating effect. For example, every day prior to a league game, he planned a barbecue paid with own money and make jokes.

I am form Argentina, but tbh I cant see them winning Germany. They ONLY way I think this can happen, is that Messi finally has his day and delivers a brilliant game. Him and Di Maria, which have been sort of underachieving so far.

As for the England team, I really had my hopes that England could do something great (strange coming from an Argie, uh?). They had a good squad, not superb, but better than most. And with Capello, a natural winner, it seemed it could be done.
I dont really know who would be the best to replace him among all available english managers or british so to say. What I do know, is that for every WC, you need a long term plan. What I mean by long term, is the classic 4 year span at least. Thats the normal for every team that has its hopes on a title. Of course, there are teams like Denmark, that despite losing, keep their managers for ages. But England, imo, has always its hopes on the title, right? I mean in Argentina, Brazil, or Italy, its being Champion or nothing. Doesnt matter if you come up 2nd place, its a frustration. Going back to a manager, well, its always about being proud to have a manager from your own country, and actually, there has never been a World Cup Champ with a Manager from another nation. So, yes, English manager is the way to go. Maybe Shearer is the next Guardiola? Who knows. I like O´neill. What about Alan Curbishley, or Sam Allardyce? The other thing, which all teams have to really think about, is, who has the potential, or the guts, to steal the WC from Brazil in their home turf? Do you really think there will be a "MARACANAZO 2"?

Last edited:
there is no way that shearer currently knows more about the game than pearce, whos actually in management. and pearce was actually there before capello, taking apart the senior side doesnt mean you take apart the under 21 leadership, when they have been relatively successful.

you cannot honestly argue that shearer is in a better position to manage england than peacre

i would prefer Shearer over pearce, who has failed at Man City, where he had 3 season to get it right, Been part of a failed England regime, and whos great u21s are now starting to stutter a little bit, Greece comes to mind.

Shearer getting the job would be a joke. He needs to get back into management and prove he can do something before he is even considered.

Shearer getting the job would be a joke. He needs to get back into management and prove he can do something before he is even considered.

i repeat Maradonna is now in the 1/8 finals of the WC and lookin good to win it,

are u all still going on about a game that was 4 days ago

wow get over it

Shut up please Callum, we are discussing our Nation of birth, and how to try and sort it out, Get over it. We actually support our Nation.

its all because Frank Lampard's wonderstrike wasnt given. I feel if it was England would have played miles better Rooney has been poor this tourny

even if that goal counted it would of probably still been 4 -2

even if that goal counted it would of probably still been 4 -2

How exactly?

We conceded the last two goals because we were mindlessly attacking for the equaliser that had cruely been taken away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.