Germany v England Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt get rid of them all, you want an experienced spine, but clearly theres a clique in the senior players that needs to be broken up. capello is only part of the problem, the players, the fa, the media, the fans must all share in some of the blame

Agreed. At the end of the day something needs to change haha.

Agreed. At the end of the day something needs to change haha.
big time. but the joke is that the warning sgins have been there for a long time in eahc of the various areas of failings. tactically, since march we it was patently obvious tha we shouldnt be playing 4-4-2. **** to play 4-4-2 at the top level requires kind of tactical discipline the players simply dont have. for england the 4-4-2 should be dead.

for years its been obvious, gerrard OR lampard NEVER both. i

ts been obvious we have to change the way we coach the game at the younger ages.

why have we still got not go our national centre?

the only man with any sense in the FA, trevor brooking, looks like hes banging his head against the ball, because of the rest of the idiots in suits.

there are so many things wrong at so many levels, short and long term. for england to progress they all need to addressed

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

intresting just got email from some friends in germany, they actually thought rooney had a decent game, they were more worried about him that anyone. in particular how he was able to bring the ball down, but they were scathing about gerrard, in the fact that once rooney brought the ball down, gerrard would have already moved inside instead of holding positon, and providing an outlet

If changes are not made soon then we will never win a tournament again. No doubt the French and the Italians wont sit through that what they put up with and massive changes will be made from their federations. The English FA have alot to sort out and hope some of the stuffy old suits walk away now for the sake of saving our national game. Lord Sugar threw his hat into the ring just after the Triesman scandal but will never probably get the job as he would give it a good shake up which the FA dont like.

Our training and tactics are stuck in the eighties thanks to Charles Hughes outdated training techniques. He retired a while ago and yet they still adopt his principles.

We saw the death of English football AGAIN yesterday. How many more times do the fans have to see it and realise it before the national organisation does something about it.

first time i seen a team do basically nothing ang win 4-1, england done the hard work for them with ****** matthew upson and awful defending, cant defend and cant score..............doesnt look good for the future

If changes are not made soon then we will never win a tournament again. No doubt the French and the Italians wont sit through that what they put up with and massive changes will be made from their federations. The English FA have alot to sort out and hope some of the stuffy old suits walk away now for the sake of saving our national game. Lord Sugar threw his hat into the ring just after the Triesman scandal but will never probably get the job as he would give it a good shake up which the FA dont like.

Our training and tactics are stuck in the eighties thanks to Charles Hughes outdated training techniques. He retired a while ago and yet they still adopt his principles.

We saw the death of English football AGAIN yesterday. How many more times do the fans have to see it and realise it before the national organisation does something about it.
its not all bad short term. its long term i really fear for.

To be honest, only 32 English players started in the last round of the EPL. Capello simply had to drop 9 players. England lacked speed, especially their defence. It was obvious against Algeria, and painfully obvious against ze Germans.

shows how we miss rio ferdinand, much maligned by some, but he is so good on the second ball, and a very good distrubutor. only he and king are actually any good on the ball

I completely agree with madsheep, we've really missed Rio, when he got injured a lot of people were happy.. Saying that it's great because King will get a chance.. If we had Rio we would have been so much more solid at the back and would have played as a unit better because he is the captain. Or we could have just not taken Heskey and it would have meant Rio never got injured :)

I completely agree with madsheep, we've really missed Rio, when he got injured a lot of people were happy.. Saying that it's great because King will get a chance.. If we had Rio we would have been so much more solid at the back and would have played as a unit better because he is the captain. Or we could have just not taken Heskey and it would have meant Rio never got injured :)
people underestmate rio so much, because hes not blood and guts like terry. but thats exactly what makes them work. not to mention they know each other's play inside out, and that is so important for defenders. terry wins the tackle, moves the ball to rio, who brings it out of defence, and either plays simple to the fullback, or picks out a midfielder and the attack begins again. or terry wins the first challenge in the air, and rio sweeps up

people on here wrote him off either because they dont like united, or they dont pay attention to how good/important he is for england. yes he can make the odd mistake, but i tell you now, had he been playing we would not have conceded the two opening goals.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

actually this brings up question, do we actually have an young defenders who are comfortable on the ball? because off my head i cant think of any

Last edited:
Just watched Roy Keane on Sky talking about Englands exit. Absolutley brilliant, spoke alot of sense. He gave the reporter some agro too which was an added bonus.

Keane for England.

Might be a little late. but i am going to say my ideas for england,sorry if anyone else has said this, but i aint reading 12 pages of tears and bullshit excuses from anyone.

1st of all i was wrong, i thought we beat the germans and win the WC. well how stupid do i look now.

The way to put things right

Sack capello, quite frankly say "**** off" His regime of terror hasnt worked.

Kick out anyone 28 and over, they arent going to be key players at the next WC. so tell them **** off.

Bring in a young manager, Must be english. Shearer anyone? respected by the players. loved by the fans. Loves England.

Forget about the euros and play a youngish team for experience so we can go to the WC in brazil as a team, hungry anf ready for england.

We need to prepare long term. and Sorry Gerrard, terry, Lampard, Rio, Cole you might be top class now, but you aint long term. You had you chance at glory. and you have ****** it up.

And if Upson ever plays in an england shirt again i will; cry.

(back to Fm for me now, seeya later)

Just watched Roy Keane on Sky talking about Englands exit. Absolutley brilliant, spoke alot of sense. He gave the reporter some agro too which was an added bonus.

Keane for England.

He's going to be the next Ireland manager I'm afraid mate, Most people have forgiven him for Saipen 2002

He's going to be the next Ireland manager I'm afraid mate, Most people have forgiven him for Saipen 2002
It was a little tongue in cheek lol. He'd never be England manager in a million years.

Sack capello, quite frankly say "**** off" His regime of terror hasnt worked.

Kick out anyone 28 and over, they arent going to be key players at the next WC. so tell them **** off.

Maybe it's time to start afresh.

Drop all players and start again, focusing purely on form and fitness, **** reputation. The biggest names we have, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, JT, have all proved (with flying colours) that they can't perform on the biggest stage of them all, so why the **** should they get another chance when there's players out there that would give their heart and soul to England that don't even get a sniff at a cap because they play for West Ham (Parker) or Newcastle or some Championship side.

I'm in two minds about the manager, my head says he shouldn't be sacked as his CV is probably the most decorated we've ever had (correct me if i'm wrong) but my heart says he should be sacked because in all fairness who else thinks he was gutted about Italy not making it past the group stage and therefore wasn't completely focused on winning us the WC?

On a brighter note Englands WC humiliation has done us Man U fans a huge favour, i can't see Real Madrid wanting to buy Rooney now lmao

We get our hopes up every major tournament and get let down.

England = Misplaced optimism.

just shocking not 1 of them players deserve to wear the england shirt ever again and capello should be sacked simple as that. i know for a fact i was right weeks ago when i said the team is divided into little groups and they find it hard to mix with each other and its an complete joke these are ment to be grown men not little children. they DO earn to much money but i dont think thats the biggest problem i think the game has lost touch with the fans and the modern day footballer dosent care nor think what the fan thinks. back in the 70s after matches the chelsea team used to go over the road and go and have a few pints with the supporters just for a chat etc and that i belive makes a **** off a difference. I hated it when gerrard before the tournement was asked do you know what its like when your out their what the fans feel and the expectation and he said yer i remember as a boy etc do they ****!!! as soon as their snapped up at an early age in this country they are wrapped in cotten wool and taken away from all the real life hype. Capello is massivly to blame for all this he is the manager he is in charge off picking players/sorting out problems/making sure the players are all happy and getting along. we all know he is stuborn and we all know he wont change his mind for anyone whether its the whole team who wants the change or just 1 player, its capello's way or nothing and you realise all the good managers are open to changes. if it was down to me i wouldnt pick lampard or gerrard for england ever again as i feel they are the main source off the split off the group off players as i stated weeks ago. i dont like to pick out players in general but yesterday gareth barry was just amatuer he was ment to sit on ozil and try and stop him playing i never saw barry with in 10 yards off him everytime he recieved the ball if it was me that would have been a job for someone like scott parker. Now if the FA have any sense( very questionable) then they will appoint Harry Redknapp keep Stuart Pearce in the frame and let Harry play Defoe and Crouch up front for England. Change needs to happen NOW we are a absolute laughing stock and i was just laughing yesterday the germans are miles in front of us technicly and all the players should be ashamed off themselfs and pay back all the fans that went over to south africa to watch an amatuer side.

Can I just say Redknapp plays 4-4-2. England played 4-4-2 and got torn a ******* part. Playing that formation a international level is completly different as most teams in internationals play far better formations like England found out against Germany.

I would not like Redknapp to take over the international side as I would still like to see him finish the job he is doing at Tottenham. Stuart Pearce or Roy Hodgson for me as next England Manager.

Can I just say Redknapp plays 4-4-2. England played 4-4-2 and got torn a ******* part. Playing that formation a international level is completly different as most teams in internationals play far better formations like England found out against Germany.

I would not like Redknapp to take over the international side as I would still like to see him finish the job he is doing at Tottenham. Stuart Pearce or Roy Hodgson for me as next England Manager.

the difference is capello didnt have good relations with the players simple as that. redknapp already knows majority off the players and its how you play the 4-4-2 their are differnt ways off playing it. and as for stuart pearce look what happend the last time we appointed within.

Why are you guys making it sound like Capello has been sacked or resigned? It was his first World Cup he made some mistakes so what move on with your life. Its not like any other manager could have done anything differnet with this crop of players with most of them just picked on reputation and not form

Status
Not open for further replies.