Getting a Good Bit of Muscle in a Year

Burkie7

Reaction score
Alright lads I today booked a appointment with The Rock's(WWE Superstar) tattoo artist who did the tattoo on his peck,shoulder and back. For anyone who doesn't know what it is.

View attachment 137659

Here is a tattoo also in the style I'm getting

View attachment 137660

Basically just wondering does anyone have any advice on the best way to bulk up fast I'm tall and weight 12 stone so you have a idea of my body style, I'm not looking to be as big as those guys just a stocky enough build that the tattoo looks good on.

I'm getting it done on March 6th so for my 21st Birthday which is next year, Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
get in gym mate eat plenty theres lots of stuff like this on google if u go to gym lift as heavy as u can and low reps or to tone light weights and high reps

Sorry, but that tattoo looks revolting.

get in gym mate eat plenty theres lots of stuff like this on google if u go to gym lift as heavy as u can and low reps or to tone light weights and high reps

Just thought I would post this before I head the gym heading now in next few mins, How many reps would you recommend doing ?

only you know tht mate get on bench press put it on the highest weight you can manage untill you can only do 3 reps

Sorry, but that tattoo looks revolting.

Don't have to say sorry mate if you don't like it thats fine but I have wanted this tattoo years and its the only tattoo I'm ever going to get in my life so just want to have a good build for it hence why I made this thread.

Just thought I would post this before I head the gym heading now in next few mins, How many reps would you recommend doing ?

Depends what your lifting. I normally do 8.

Do some pyramids aswell like.

you need to decide if you are building for strength or endurance first

only you know tht mate get on bench press put it on the highest weight you can manage untill you can only do 3 reps

Thanks sorry I'm a total beginner at this when I usually go gym I used to do hardly any weights just cardio so don't know much about them, Would a hour and a half working on weights be good enough would you say ?

If I was a mod the thread title would read Muscle by now.

I quite like it the way the rock has it but don't get it all the way down as at least if you don't like it it will be easier to cover up :)

Do 3 sets of 8 reps if you can, obviously as heavy as possible too. And don't rush though them, the slower the better for the muscles.

That being said, I'm around 6 foot and weigh a bit more than 11 stone, what do I know about bulking up?

Depends what your lifting. I normally do 8.

Do some pyramids aswell like.

you need to decide if you are building for strength or endurance first

I do 8 myself I can find myself doing 50 reps in one go before my arm totally goes dead. I having tried doing pyramids before but plan on trying them today.

And I suppose I'm building for strength as that means more muscle mass does it ?

When you go to the gym ask the instructor to help you come up with a schedule for you to do and redrups right the slower the better. Go slow when you are putting the weight down do it slowly so your muscle is working.

If you can do 50 reps in one go then obviously you aren't lifting enough weight.

You need to feel proper cunted once you have done 8 reps, enough to warrant a breather before your next set.

Also get some Whey and drink it with some milk in the morning, and then have some with water after you have done your gym session.

Go on menshealth.co.UK, ignore every bullshite article where they contradict themselves and head to the forum. Plenty of helpful people there. Seem to remember a guy called 'thebigfella' or something. He went from a bit flabby to being a unit by hard work and nutrition etc and he was always helping people who asked for advice.

I did all this, but then went to the kitchen and ate a pie.

I've been doing this sort of stuff aswell except it's for stamina and e-how seemed to be good for me

You really should of bulked up first before you went booking tattoo appointments. I've been at the gym now a month, I do three sets of twelve 3 different weights. Heaviest to the lightest. go about 3-4 days each week. Main thing I reckon will be your diet also take some proteins.

Bulking up for the 6th March is going to be quite hard.

GET ON THE ROIDS!

Or don't. try Myprotein or one of the many other sites that sell protein powders