Giggs dubbed Man Utd's 'greatest'

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Ryan Giggs will go down in history as Manchester United's greatest player, according to Old Trafford legend Paddy Crerand, now 72.

More...

Thsi will be an excellent testamony to a man who has served this club for the majority of his life!

A great Accolade for a Great player! We :wub: you Giggsy :)

You just can't disagree with that tbh. He's spent over 20 years with Utd and has always been a model professional. He truly is a credit to football. I can see him managing Utd in the future.....

i think he was the best at Man Utd ...
not just about his skill, but also for his loyalty ...

I think Bebe is better XD

Only joking a true legend and when I was at Old Traford this season for game vs Birmingham I was amazed at how good he still is, will be a sad sad day when he retires.

By the looks of it, he could be still running around defenders after 10 years. What a brilliant player.

He is up there, at the top or second behind Bobby Charlton.

Im a massive manchester united fan bt george best is the greatest player that will ever wear a manchester united top its just a fact bt we love giggs :)

Giggs is model Profesional on and off the pitch , Best was brilliant on the pitch but i got no sympathy or respect for someone who killed themselves through something they can controll ...in Georges case it was booze, smokers for example who complain when they get older about smoking related illness......stop smoking then.

He should be respected purely on the amount of chest hair he has.

Youtube wont let me put the vid on, lame.

Last edited:
ya he is a true legend and a modle proffesional. best fa cup goal ever against the gunners?

However much I hate United you just can't take away the accomplsihments the likes of Giggs,Scholes and the Nevilles have achieved.

To spend 20 years at a club is a phenomenal achievement , a shame they aren't more players with that kinda loyalty in todays game.

a true model for any young footballer to look out. his record speaks for itselfs, his passion and commitment our unchallenged, the guy is a legend fullstop. expect to see a statue of the great man out side OT along with Fergie one day.

Pretty much agree. There is no chance in finding a flaw in his ability, committment, loyalty, proffessionalism. He simply is fantastic.

Definetely deserved for Giggs. And if he stays in the football world as a manager, I could also see him managing United.

I think it's more than corect. A true legend.

He should become manager when Fergie retires, what say?

i hate man utd but giggs is a great player. hope he stays in football when he retires.