Not on here much but for what it's worth I've used your tactic for 3 seasons
Got promoted using another 4231 but wasn't getting enough goals so switched to this in League 2, won that after being predicted 22nd, won League 1 after that predicted 21st, now sat 6th in Championship after 31 games, looking forward to the release of this new one though as DM High Tempo seems to be the best but is inconsistent at the min, seem to lose against teams I'm supposed to smash and draw or nick a win against strong teams

Looking forward to your tactic, maybe i should use on a new save game :)

Right now I am using it for FC United, 3.season, still bottom league. This season is the first with yours all the way :)

Hi folks, been testing all day. Not releasing something half done only to have to do later edits. Trust me, i'm onto something great though. Trying very hard to have it ready for tonight.

Tactic will either be a set of two control/counter or just a control tactic. Trying some new things out.

Great news ! had a lot of great results for my first season in French second division (1st place and won the french national cup), i am looking forward for your new version
thanks for your work

Hi folks, been testing all day. Not releasing something half done only to have to do later edits. Trust me, i'm onto something great though. Trying very hard to have it ready for tonight.

Tactic will either be a set of two control/counter or just a control tactic. Trying some new things out.

I guess you are the opposite of TTF9 then.. oooooh shots fired :p

Ach no point firing out a work in progress. Working on a tactic that works for all. Playing around with mentalities just now.

So far toying between attacking, control and counter. Once I have a tactic that works with Bournemouth I tend to then test up. I.e. if it works with an underdog then it should in theory dominate with better teams. Absolutely no point testing with Arsenal/Man Utd etc unless you've shown it can work with weak teams.

Right now, what i'm working on scores loads but leaks more than it should. Still tweaking.

Right now, what i'm working on scores loads but leaks more than it should. Still tweaking.

That's good news. Scoring loads is the most difficult part in this version. There are a lot of solid tactics out there, but I have yet to find one that can average over 3 goals per game with a big team in the first season.

I'm trying to average 3 a game with bournemouth but not concede 3 a game as well :)

I'll be brutally honest. I have found this update to be the most challenging ever in terms of producing a plug and play style tactic ever to use as a base tactic.

Having sleepless nights and at the stage it's ruining my week. Past 6 days have been a blur of testing. Spent about 12 hours per day on it.

I'm probably going to just release something soon though. I have reached the stage I am accepting I can't get a tactic to win the league with a minnow. It might however be good enough to give a user an edge. I should maybe focus on what I can achieve instead of what I can't.

Last edited:
have you considered putting the two DMs as DM support instead of BWM? I think it will make it more stable defensively, because DM role generally has less closing down which in this case would protect the defenders better. What i notice is that the BWM really pushes all over the place which forces the CBs to close down the man on the ball if the opposition play around your DMs, which again leaves space behind the CBs for opposition to make a run. i consistently get opened up like that and its only due to horrible finishing on the current ME i dont concede bucketloads (still concede sometimes though)

The Laldy tactic I will happily state was nerfed by the patch. What I have been working on is a system of tactics for various situations i.e. favourite, underdog etc.

Plug and play just ain't gonna skoosh on this patch with a minnow. Even the good tactics on here have inherent flaws in them.

The Laldy tactic I will happily state was nerfed by the patch. What I have been working on is a system of tactics for various situations i.e. favourite, underdog etc.

Plug and play just ain't gonna skoosh on this patch with a minnow. Even the good tactics on here have inherent flaws in them.

plug and play is slowly on the way out since last years version. even more apparent now.

Yeah but what I can do is create tactics that are useful for certain situations. That's my aim.

Sounds nice mate!
When do u expect it to be released? Hopefully tonight, can't wait!

Typing up tactics just now. Will be released within the hour.

Two sets of control and counter tactics to take into account the opposition's offside line.

Chrissy , I'm playing a game in the previous patch with his tactics (GivingItLaldy -DM's high tempo). The game was updated to version 16.2, their tactic is no longer effective in this my save or only if I create a new game that tactic fails to work effectively? Please answer me and sorry for my English

Chrissy , I'm playing a game in the previous patch with his tactics (GivingItLaldy -DM's high tempo). The game was updated to version 16.2, their tactic is no longer effective in this my save or only if I create a new game that tactic fails to work effectively? Please answer me and sorry for my English

He dude, don't worry that is perfectly understandable. Many including myself, have found the same problem. I have created a series of tactics that can be referenced directly below on this link that may be of help to you;

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...aldy-counter-control-tactics.html#post2928827

Still going well with Harrogate

1osrap.jpg