Glazers confirm Man Utd ownership

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said people arnt wearing the scarfs. But when the team is doing well like you have been doing since October you hear nothing on T.V, Media, Papers, Internet etc about the green and gold people thingys. But when you wearnt doing so well i.e like like season they come out the woodwork and try and attack the owners when the team isent doing well because the fans are more than likely to jump on board because they are unhappy, its obvious.

I get an Email every 2 days asking for there supports/ Donations etc etc, they still work even now.

Its typical, when the team is doing well the fans forget who owns the club. If a few bad resuts come around the i expect the green and gold scarf brigade to take centre stage again.

No i didnt, where did i say that?? I said when the team is doing well the media coverage of the green and gold is minimul. But when the results are going against Utd they come out the woodwork and become more vocal because they know they can get to the fans easier because they are unhappy.

Well i dont see any reference to the Media in your original post, I see you regarding them as the Green and Gold scarf brigade which would not imply the fans. You have also said they forget who owns the club, well they still have protests, meetings and are trying very hard to do something for the club.

That post was clearly a get out clause cause you where found out.

You said:

which isn't true. Fair enough if your point is more towards the media, they seem to like confrontation and exaggerate this sort of thing when they can. More fool us for buying into it

But the fans do, since October what have we heard about the green and gold campain?? Nothing at all, its because the team is doing well. Its the fans that make the noise which gets the attension of media outlets and we have heard nothing at all. Last season and in the summer it was all over the papers, tv etc but now nothing. Utd arnt the only club that are like it so dont take any offense. But its a fact when Utd are playing well the green and gold are quiet but when things arnt going Utds way then they come out the woodwork and start making noise.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

When do Man Utd ever go on a bad run ?? You crazy man !!

Last season when you were beaten to the title.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I get an Email every 2 days asking for there supports/ Donations etc etc, they still work even now.

Well i dont see any reference to the Media in your original post, I see you regarding them as the Green and Gold scarf brigade which would not imply the fans. You have also said they forget who owns the club, well they still have protests, meetings and are trying very hard to do something for the club.

That post was clearly a get out clause cause you where found out.

My point is the protests are not as vocal when the team is doing well. The media has heard nothing for ages because the club is doing well. The fans and the green and gold scarf dudes make their noise when the club is not doing as well because they know it will get more media coverage simple as that.

My point is the protests are not as vocal when the team is doing well. The media has heard nothing for ages because the club is doing well. The fans and the green and gold scarf dudes make their noise when the club is not doing as well because they know it will get more media coverage simple as that.

They still do work, whether the media decides to cover it or not is regardless. They still email me every day asking for support, money, to sign a petition. The fans still wear the scarfs, they still chant glazers out, out side the stadium. You cant blame the fans for the lack of media coverage.

Tbf to the Glazers they have been in charge in one of the most successful spells and they have been willing to give SAF money when he feels he needs it. The G & G campaign was pretty vocal last year up until the final day when we still had a chance to win the league so that's hardly results going against you considering the team we had last year.

But the fans do, since October what have we heard about the green and gold campain?? Nothing at all, its because the team is doing well. Its the fans that make the noise which gets the attension of media outlets and we have heard nothing at all. Last season and in the summer it was all over the papers, tv etc but now nothing. Utd arnt the only club that are like it so dont take any offense. But its a fact when Utd are playing well the green and gold are quiet but when things arnt going Utds way then they come out the woodwork and start making noise.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Last season when you were beaten to the title.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

So, because you haven't heard much through the media, the fans have forgotten who owns the club? Obviously it isn't in the public eye as much now as the media will continue to look for new stories, but the fans are still as passionate as ever on the issue.

They still do work, whether the media decides to cover it or not is regardless. They still email me every day asking for support, money, to sign a petition. The fans still wear the scarfs, they still chant glazers out, out side the stadium. You cant blame the fans for the lack of media coverage.

Im saying when the team is not doing so well the green and gold dude things are making statements in the press etc getting themselfs on SSN because they know it will get more media coverage when the side is not doing so well. Not all Utd fans are against the owners and they know when the team is not doing so well the supporters are more likely to turn against them and the supporters that are already in favour of the g&g will raise their voice and be heard.

Im not saying Utd fans doing care just aslong as their winning, im also not saying the g&g are quiet when the side is winning. Im saying they make sure they are more heard when the team are not producing on the pitch and for me it shouldnt be like that. It should be in the papers every day, on sky every day etc etc. Take Liverpool for instance, the pressure on Hicks and Gillette was relentless because the results on the pitch were shocking.

I dont even know why im putting my case forward lol, i really couldnt care less who owns Utd an what may or may not happen to them.

Tbf to the Glazers they have been in charge in one of the most successful spells and they have been willing to give SAF money when he feels he needs it. The G & G campaign was pretty vocal last year up until the final day when we still had a chance to win the league so that's hardly results going against you considering the team we had last year.

How do you know that? SAF may have wanted to spend a large proportion of the Ronaldo transfer money in the summer and wasn't given the funding. It's difficult to make conclusions like that unless you know the true financial picture at the club

Im saying when the team is not doing so well the green and gold dude things are making statements in the press etc getting themselfs on SSN because they know it will get more media coverage when the side is not doing so well. Not all Utd fans are against the owners and they know when the team is not doing so well the supporters are more likely to turn against them and the supporters that are already in favour of the g&g will raise their voice and be heard.

Im not saying Utd fans doing care just aslong as their winning, im also not saying the g&g are quiet when the side is winning. Im saying they make sure they are more heard when the team are not producing on the pitch and for me it shouldnt be like that. It should be in the papers every day, on sky every day etc etc. Take Liverpool for instance, the pressure on Hicks and Gillette was relentless because the results on the pitch were shocking.

I dont even know why im putting my case forward lol, i really couldnt care less who owns Utd an what may or may not happen to them.

They are in papers( all be it not national ones) they appear at events, They try very hard to get themsleves heard, some times Sky just wont have it.

You said "It is typical when a team is doing well, the fans forget who owns the club" Well that is wrong, you can try to waffle on about pressure and stuff, but your exact phrase was a generalization of United fans.. Which has been proved to be ****. Then you went on about the actually consortium themselves, again that was proved wrong, so what are you going to try and waffle on about next, to take us of the original ****.

How do you know that? SAF may have wanted to spend a large proportion of the Ronaldo transfer money in the summer and wasn't given the funding. It's difficult to make conclusions like that unless you know the true financial picture at the club

He has always said he doesn't feel that there is any value in the market, but with players such as Villa, the Glazers had the money for him but Villa didn't want to leave Spain. If the financial reports are true then there is about 100M around for transfers.

They are in papers( all be it not national ones) they appear at events, They try very hard to get themsleves heard, some times Sky just wont have it.

You said "It is typical when a team is doing well, the fans forget who owns the club" Well that is wrong, you can try to waffle on about pressure and stuff, but your exact phrase was a generalization of United fans.. Which has been proved to be ****. Then you went on about the actually consortium themselves, again that was proved wrong, so what are you going to try and waffle on about next, to take us of the original ****.

Im just saying what i believe, when Utd are playing well you hear nothing about or from the g&g.

I get an Email every day from them, and we are top of the league........

Im just saying.
Utd last season didnt win a major trophy - lots of coverage all over the country
Utd this season doing really well - small coverage, as you say just in the community
Liverpool last season and this season doing shockingly poor - lots of coverage all over the country for months on end.

He has always said he doesn't feel that there is any value in the market, but with players such as Villa, the Glazers had the money for him but Villa didn't want to leave Spain. If the financial reports are true then there is about 100M around for transfers.

Yeah, it is impossible to know the truths of what is going on with the club finances, having to rely on unreliable reports in the papers. Fergie must be happy with them though, but he's hardly going to come out to the press and slate the owners

Im just saying.
Utd last season didnt win a major trophy - lots of coverage all over the country
Utd this season doing really well - small coverage, as you say just in the community
Liverpool last season and this season doing shockingly poor - lots of coverage all over the country for months on end.

that because SKY wont cover it, As they want New stories, they only went on the liverpool coverage as they had an owner lined up, they know the Glazers arent going to sell.....

Im just saying.

Yes we didn't win any major trophies but the G & G campaign was still strong when we were top of the league at one point and still had a strong chance of winning the champions league. If anything it died down slightly until the final day when there was a protest.

Yes we didn't win any major trophies but the G & G campaign was still strong when we were top of the league at one point and still had a strong chance of winning the champions league. if anything it died down slightly until the final day when there was a protest.

FML Carling Cup counts as a major trophy......

that because SKY wont cover it, As they want New stories, they only went on the liverpool coverage as they had an owner lined up, they know the Glazers arent going to sell.....

Sky covered David Beckham buying Harry Redkanpp pie and mash yesterday!! If the g&g campain was as vocal as it was last season then they would be on Sky every day and they would make sure of it dont you worry about that.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Yes we didn't win any major trophies but the G & G campaign was still strong when we were top of the league at one point and still had a strong chance of winning the champions league. If anything it died down slightly until the final day when there was a protest.

It piped up on the last day because Chelsea had all but won the PL title.

Sky covered David Beckham buying Harry Redkanpp pie and mash yesterday!! If the g&g campain was as vocal as it was last season then they would be on Sky every day and they would make sure of it dont you worry about that.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

It piped up on the last day because Chelsea had all but won the PL title.

It happened all season..... For a start.

It bores people, thats why Sky doesnt cover it.. You reallly are clueless if you think they just wonder under rocks whilst we do well.

FML Carling Cup counts as a major trophy......

Its a nice trophy to win and it can give you a kick for the rest of the season but its 4th in the pecking order of the big teams.

Its a nice trophy to win and it can give you a kick for the rest of the season but its 4th in the pecking order of the big teams.

Doesnt mean it aint a major trophy, I wasnt complaining when united won it, Nor where you when Chelsea Won it... So i aint going to discredit it, when anyone else wins it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back