Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

Not too surprised you got sacked there, but it doesn't matter. You're managing a much better African team in Ivory Coast. Hope you do well in the WC!

Not too surprised you got sacked there, but it doesn't matter. You're managing a much better African team in Ivory Coast. Hope you do well in the WC!

Thanks. And I probably stand a much better chance of having a good World Cup with Ivory Coast. So I am quite glad they sacked me!

February 2018

It was quite an eventful break as we prepared for the start of the Closing Stage. Firstly, there was the news that both Eduardo Costa and Rodrigo Diaz had decided to retire at the end of the season. And then club captain, Gaston Machin, rejected a new contract with the club before agreeing to move to France in the summer. It means there will have to be a lot of rebuilding in the summer, as we are set to lose three key, experienced players.

Also in February was the draw for the group stage of the Copa Libertadores, where we enter. Our group shapes up like this.

Huracan – Argentina
Cruz Azul – Mexico
Universidad Catolica – Chile
Aragua – Venezuela

San Martin (T) 0-2 Huracan
Mannara (72)
Moreyra (86)
It’s always good to win your first game, but we had to wait a while to break the deadlock. And it was the pair of 17-year-old substitutes that made the difference. Moreyra set up Mannara for the first, and then grabbed the second himself.

Huracan 3-0 Banfield
Diaz (8, 36)
Kamahara (30)
A superb performance, and a fantastic result. We dominated the game from the start, and were 3-0 up after just 36 minutes, with Diaz on top form. Banfield had a man sent off in first half injury time, but the match ended 3-0.

Velez 2-1 Huracan
Diaz (25)
We were so unlucky not to win today. It was all going so well; we went 1-0 up, but then Massa conceded a stupid penalty that let them back in the game. We were still the better team, but somehow Velez found an 87th minute winner.

Huracan 5-1 Colon
Vasquez (31)
O.G. (37)
Massa (43)
Bruno (56)
Guzman (83)
A great win, especially after we lost our last match. Four different goalscorers as well, and an own goal that I would have given to Bruno. It was looking like we would be getting a clean sheet as well, but Colon scored a consolation with the last kick of the game.

colon_huracan_01.jpg

Copa Libertadores Group C
Cruz Azul 3-2 Huracan
Moreyra (28)
Perelman (87)
This was always going to be the toughest match of the group, but we came so close to getting a result. We were 2-0 down early on, after Massa conceded a second penalty in three matches. Moreyra, given a rare start, brought us back into the game shortly after their second. And then on the hour mark I took a huge gamble in taking Kamahara and Bruno off for Mannara and Perelman, meaning our three attacking outlets consisted of two 17-year-olds and a 19-year-old. I thought all was lost when Massa was sent off after 74 minutes. But we kept with three at the back, and it paid off when Perelman found a late equaliser. We had a matter of minutes to hang on, and I moved Machin to centre-back. But in injury time, Cruz Azul scored a long range winner to break Huracan hearts.

Tigre 2-4 Huracan
Kamahara (12, 17)
Bruno (27, 84)
An emphatic win away from home, with both strikers netting braces. We went 1-0 down, but equalised straight from the kick-off and were comfortable from there. Tigre’s second goal came after we conceded yet another penalty.

Huracan 1-0 Chacarita
Bruno (5)
A narrow win in a game we should have won comfortably, but it is a win all the same. It is also nice to keep a clean sheet, and not concede a penalty.

All in all, we have had a very good start to the Closing Stage. We have won 5 out of 6 league games, and were unlucky in defeat to Velez. We were also unfortunate against Cruz Azul, but I am still confident we can qualify. It hasn’t been such a good month for Massa, though, and I may have to drop him if he doesn’t improve. Meanwhile, the young players in the squad really stepped up in February.

March 2018

Newell’s 2-1 Huracan
Vasquez (66)
I thought we were a little unlucky to come away empty handed, but we conceded another goal in the last five minutes. Vasquez’s goal was a screamer, though, after he came on at half time.

Huracan 0-0 Universidad Catolica
After losing our first match in the group, I really wanted to win this one. We didn’t manage it, and that means we may have to win when we go over there.

Huracan 5-2 Boca
Bruno (3, 35, 84)
Moreyra ( 6 )
Vasquez (45)
Unbeleivable. We were 2-0 up after 6 minutes, and it was 4-1 at half time. The second half ended 1-1, but it was a superb performance, and probably the best result we have had since I joined. This takes us above Boca to the top of the table, and what an emphatic way to do it. Bruno was superb playing as a poacher, scoring a hat-trick and in turn meaning Kamahara will struggle to get back into the team.

Independiente 1-2 Huracan
Bruno (62)
Diaz (79)
After going 1-0 down, we showed character and strength to come back in the second half and record a valuable win. Bruno put in another man of the match performance, and got another goal.

n_independiente_fecha_9_club_atletico_independiente_vs_huracan_ba-306.jpg

Aragua 0-3 Huracan
Bruno (61, 82)
Castro (77)
We had to win this game, but it took a while to break the deadlock. And it wasn’t until Gimenez was sent off after 75 minutes, with the game at 1-0, that we really stepped it up and went on to score two more goals. Another superb performance from Bruno, making it three man of the match awards in as many games.

San Lorenzo 1-2 Huracan
Bruno (9)
Lentini (28)
A big win against our rivals which keeps us on top of the pile. We went 2-0 up early on, and maybe sat back a little. But it was another good performance, and guess who was man of the match? Claudio Bruno for the fourth match running.

2rrxp9v.jpg

Huracan 3-1 Gimnasia (LP)
Moreyra (15)
Nardi (pen 26)
Bruno (35)
It was another case of building up a good lead and then not scoring in the second half, but I am happy with the performance. Bruno made it 8 goals from 5 games, and Moreyra also chipped in.

After the first two games, it has been a fantastic month. The win against Boca Juniors was a particular highlight, and we were unbelievable that day. And since then, we have kept up the form, as has Bruno. His form means Kamahara, who hasn’t been at his best, hardly had a look in this month. And when you look at the table, we are in a very good position, and hopefully we can keep it up and win the Closing Stage for the third consecutive season.

Big fan of this story.

You must be bored of Huracan by now though? *cough*move clubs*cough*

Big fan of this story.

You must be bored of Huracan by now though? *cough*move clubs*cough*

Thanks. And I don't want to leave until I have won the Copa Libertadores. Even if that is this year, I will consider leaving, but I'm not overly bored yet. Probably because we have some good young players coming through.

April 2018

Huracan 3-1 Arsenal de Sarandi
Bruno (28)
Kamahara (57, 60)
It was a tight match in the first half and we went in at 1-1. But in the second half, Kamahara came on and made all the difference. Within six minutes of arriving he had scored two goals and sealed the win.

Huracan 5-0 Aragua
Bruno (4, 30, 32, 39)
Nardi (12)
A brilliant performance, and all five goals came in the first half. And of course Bruno continued his unreal form, scoring four goals and breaking numerous club records in the process. It puts us into a good position to qualify.

Argentinos 0-4 Huracan
Kamahara (23)
Bruno (31)
Diaz (54)
Lentini (80)
We continued our fine run of form with an extremely comfortable away win. The partnership of Bruno and Kamahara proved it can work, with both of them netting goals.

Universidad Catolica 1-8 Huracan
Bruno (24, 29, 41, 46)
Moreyra (58, 65, 79)
Guzman (77)
Wow. Unbeleivable. After a goalless draw at home, we went to Chile and ripped Universidad apart, qualifying for the second round in emphatic fashion. Bruno scored four goals in a match for the second time in three games, making it an incredible 18 goals in 9 games for the striker. And after coming on in the second half, Moreyra got in on the act scoring a hat-trick.

martingreenacre.png

Huracan 4-2 Godoy Cruz
Bruno (8, 28)
Machin (70)
Lentini (90)
We had a bit of a scare in what should have been a comfortable match, throwing away a two goal lead before regaining it. Bruno scored another two goals, making it 20 from 10 games, and Lentini came off the bench to make sure of the win.

Huracan 3-1 Estudiantes (LP)
Bruno (35, 49)
Diaz (81)
We completely dominated the match and deserved the win. But I am disappointed we couldn’t hold on to the cleansheet, conceding a penalty two minutes into injury time. And another two goals from Bruno.

Huracan 2-1 Cruz Azul
Bruno (49)
Kamahara (78)
We got revenge from our last meeting today, and deserved the win. It didn’t have any bearing on the group, as we had already qualified and couldn’t claim top spot, but we proved a point.

We have been drawn to play Gremio of Brazil in the in the next round.

logo_gremio.gif

C.A.I de Chubut 2-3 Huracan
Kamahara (8, 59)
Okolai (30)
An unconvincing win over the league’s bottom side. Kamahara kept up his good form with two goals, and, in his fourth season at the club, right-back Okolai scored his first goal.

A brilliant month on both fronts. In the league, we have moved seven points clear with three games left, although we still have River and Racing Club to play. And in the Copa Libertadores, the 8-1 victory was one of the best performances I have ever seen, and I am confident we can overcome Gremio. We have also won our last 13 games in all competitions, and that form is reflected by Bruno’s unbelievable goalscoring record of late.

End of Season Update (May 2018)

escudo_oficial.gif

Copa Libertadores 2nd Round 1st Leg
Huracan 3-0 Gremio
Vasquez (2)
Bruno (15)
Machin (45)
We made an electric start to this match, and were 2-0 up within the first 15 minutes. Gremio had a man sent off after 33 minutes, and from there it was about keeping a clean sheet and trying to nick a couple more goals to put us into the best possible position going into the second leg. We managed to get one more goal, and also shut Gremio out.

Huracan 2-0 Central
Kamahara (54)
Castro (72)

martingreenacre.png

I rested a couple of players including Bruno for this game, and we managed a reasonably comfortable victory, and secure the league title. It means we have won the Closing Stage for the third season in a row, and we can now turn our attentions to the Copa Libertadores.

Copa Libertadores 2nd Round 2nd Leg
Gremio 0-0 Huracan (agg. 0-3)
We had a comfortable aggregate lead coming into the match, but we needed to do a professional job. The task was simple: if we don’t concede we go through. And we did that. So we are in the Quarter Finals, where we will meet Boca.

River 1-1 Huracan
Perelman (83)
With the Boca match coming up, and the league already one, I again made a few changes. But thanks to a late equaliser, we have managed to continue our unbeaten record. I have been a lot more pleased with our recent performances against the big clubs.

huracan_river_plate_02.jpg

Copa Libertadores Quarter Final 1st Leg
Huracan 3-0 Boca
Bruno (25)
Kamahara (60, 78)
An unbelievable win against a very good side, to all but put us through to the semis. Everything went right today, as we picked up where we left off last time we played Boca Juniors and won 5-2. Kamahara particularly stood out with a fantastic performance and two goals.

Huracan 5-0 Racing Club
Guzman (16)
Milano (36)
Vasquez (pen 46)
Massa (pen 62)
Diaz (68)
The perfect way to end a successful league season, making it 20 games unbeaten in all competitions. Guzman opened the scoring with a screamer, before Milano made it two from a long range free-kick. We then scored from two penalties, and Diaz rounded off the scoring.

Copa Libertadores Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Boca 1-3 Huracan (agg. 1-6)
Bruno (12)
Diaz (59)
Kamahara (79)
We ease through to the semi-finals 6-1 on aggregate. We knew that if we scored the first goal we would be virtually home and dry. And we did that, before going on to record a fantastic away win.

We have been drawn to play Velez in the semi-finals. We lost against them twice this season, but I am confident we can make it to the final to face either Cruzeiro or Palmeiras.

So it has been a great Closing Stage for us. We finished nine points clear at the top, and Claudio Bruno finished as the stage’s joint top scorer with 16 goals.

I must now turn my attention to the World Cup with the Ivory Coast. We have a friendly against the Czech Republic before travelling to America, and that will be my first chance to take a look at the players. But at the same time, I will be looking at potential transfers. With Eduardo Costa and Rodrigo Diaz retiring, and Gaston Machin leaving the club on a free, we will have to strengthen the squad.

win the copa libratores and then move to England! Try to boss LFC

I think I might stop this for now. With FM11 coming out I am not sure anybody will really be interested.

But I will still carry on playing the save, and if I ever acheive my goals I will certainly let you know on this thread.

I think I might stop this for now. With FM11 coming out I am not sure anybody will really be interested.

But I will still carry on playing the save, and if I ever acheive my goals I will certainly let you know on this thread.

just read every page in this thread lol...when I'm done with my current game I'm gonna try and do a similar one to this. How d'you end up doing?