Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

[/CENTER]

what team?

Persija, not the national team. Every single one of their players is greyed out, and they don't have any regens as I don't have the Indonesian league loaded.

Persija, not the national team. Every single one of their players is greyed out, and they don't have any regens as I don't have the Indonesian league loaded.

I see...
Persija is one of the strongest team in Indonesia.

by the way, wish you luck for next year's Libertadores ;)

God looking pre-season, very good result at Anfield and couple of good signings. I think you'll easily be one of the favourites for the Libertadores. Good luck! :D

August 2017

Huracan 6-0 San Martin (T)
Diaz (5)
Massa (11)
Kamahara (17, 90)
Machin (34, 49)
Our first league match of the season, and what a way to start! We took the lead after five minutes, and just two minutes later San Martin were down to ten men. From there we were completely dominant, putting six past them. Machin was brilliant today, as was Kamahara.

Banfield 0-0 Huracan
In a big match, we failed to push on and build on our opening day victory. It was pretty even, with Banfield probably having the better of the match, but I would have liked to have borrowed one of the six goals from last week for today. But perhaps the worst news was the injury to Eduardo Costa who will be out for a few weeks.

0911_huracan_banfield_dyn_g-468x321.jpg

Huracan 1-2 Velez
Vasquez (60)
This was a huge match even this early in the season, and we failed the test. We went a goal down in the first half, but found an equaliser on the hour mark. However, just three minutes after we scored, Velez regained the lead with the winning goal. We will now face an uphill battle to win the title.

So an indifferent start to the season, ending in a disappointing home defeat to fellow title contenders Velez. We face Boca next month, and that looks as if it could be a must win game.

View attachment 110483

Too bad about the start. However, you should be able to get good form again, especially considering the huge win you got over San Martin (T).

September 2017

Colon 1-4 Huracan
Kamahara (6, 10, 47)
Machin (66)
We recovered from the last defeat with a great victory, with Kamahara bagging an early hat-trick. At 3-0, Colon had a player sent off, and we made them pay with a fourth goal, another superb finish from Machin. But minutes after that, we went down to ten men when Antonio Jose got injured and we had already used all three subs. They pulled one back, but we cruised to a comfortable three points.

Huracan 2-0 Tigre
Kamahara (59, 87)
A great win, and Kamahara made it five goals from two matches with another brilliant performance. I was pleased with the clean sheet, and we looked lethal in attack.

Chacarita 0-2 Huracan
Lentini (9)
Bruno (29)
I rested a couple of players for this match, but it didn’t show. We put in a dominant performance and had the quality to put the game beyond them early on. We are on some good form at the moment, but we still have ground to make up on the teams above us.

Boca 2-1 Huracan
Bruno (88)
This was a game we had to take something out of, and we didn’t do that. I actually thought we were the better team, but we somehow found ourselves 2-0 down after just 34 minutes. But a few minutes later, we were handed a lifeline when we were awarded a penalty. But Diaz missed, and I have to say I saw it coming. We continued to battle, and pulled one back late on, but it wasn’t enough.

boca-vs-huracan.jpg

Huracan 2-0 Independiente
Bruno (18)
Diaz (pen 35)
We bounced back well, with Bruno giving us the lead with his third goal in as many games. Later on in the first half, we were given another penalty. But this time, Diaz put it away and we were out of sight. Our forma against this calibre of team has been very good this season.

It doesn’t look great in sixth, but we are only four points off surprise package Racing Club at the top. Like I said, our form against the mid-table teams has been superb, but we have lost to both Velez and Boca this season.

Algeria

We had two World Cup qualifiers this month. After losing our first game at home to Senegal, before beating Tunisia, we wanted six points. And something had to change, as we had not been playing well at all, and our last match was a 1-0 friendly defeat to Australia. I opted to change to a more fluid approach, but still keeping to the same formation. And we seem to have finally found a quality striker to spearhead the team, and that player is Abdelkader Saadaoui.

Congo 0-3 Algeria
Feghouli (19, 26)
Bouzid (69)
A superb performance from Feghouli, and the rest of the team played well as well. Saadaoui made his first start up front, but had to come off injured and has now withdrawn from the squad.

Tunisia 0-0 Algeria
O.G. (16)
I am gutted we didn’t get the three points. We dominated the match, but were shocked by their equaliser four minutes into first half stoppage time.

So we got off to a terrible start against Senegal, but we have recovered well. And we now sit top of the group, and have a good chance of qualifying. If we beat Congo, we put ourselves into a great position going into our final match in Senegal.

October 2017

Copa Sudamericana 1st Round 1st Leg
Cerro Porteno 1-2 Huracan
Moreyra (61)
Jose (64)
We made it hard for ourselves, going into the break 1-0 down, but we got the victory in the end. Bringing Moreyra on was the turning point, as he looked lively, and got the equaliser after a mazy run. It is credit to him that he played 45 minutes and was man of the match. And his goal gave us momentum, and we immediately found a winner; on-loan Antonio Jose with the header. So this means I can rest a few players in the second leg, but we must be careful, as they gave us a game.

Huracan 0-0 Newell’s
A disappointing home draw against a mid-table side. We didn’t do enough to win the game, and it is unusual that we have now gone two matches without any of our strikers finding a goal.

huracan_newells%201-240.jpg

Copa Sudamericana 1st Round 2nd Leg
Huracan 2-0 Cerro Porteno (agg. 4-1)
Vasquez (19)
Bruno (59)
A very good performance, which sends us through to the next round. I brought Matias Gomez in between the sticks, and he was fantastic. Vasquez was also on top form, scoring a fine goal.

Gimnasia (LP) 1-2 Huracan
Bruno (11)
Diaz (43)
A solid performance against a team battling relegation. Bruno was superb, and gave us the lead early on. Diaz made it two before half time. Gimnasia pulled one back in the second half, but we held on.

Copa Sudamericana Quarter Final 1st Leg
Huracan 0-1 Santos
We definitely got dealt a tough draw, with Santos a pretty good team. But once again, our performance against the big clubs has let us down. A defeat at home means we face a real uphill battle to scrape through when we travel to Brazil.

Huracan 1-0 San Lorenzo
Bruno (3)
A valuable victory against our rivals. The goal came after just three minutes, and it was from a familiar source in Claudio Bruno. We had chances to extend our lead, but the clean sheet earned us the win. Another good performance from ‘keeper Gomez, who has kept his spot since he came into the side against Cerro Porteno.

0239803B.jpg

So not the best month, but we are still only four points off the top. Next month is important, as all our games are winnable, in my opinion. Although the Copa Sudamericana looks a little out of our reach. But having won that last season, I am not too bothered.

Algeria

World Cup Qualification

Algeria 2-0 Congo
Ouali (15)
Boudebouz (39)
A good victory, which leaves us needing just a point against Senegal to qualify. Boudebouz (who now plays for Real Madrid after his £20.5m transfer from Newcastle in January) was superb on the left wing. Ouali also stepped up, after being given a rare start up front.

Senegal 2-3 Algeria
Feghouli (15)
Boudebouz (54)
O.G. (72)

martingreenacre2.png

So we have done it! We have qualified for the 2018 World Cup in the USA. It was a very nervy match, as we twice went behind in the first half, with Demba Ba ripping our defence apart. But we recovered brilliantly, and after 72 minutes, we were given the chance to take the lead for the first time in the match after we were awarded a penalty. And we took it. I couldn’t see what happened, but it went down as an own goal by the ‘keeper, so I am presuming the ball hit the post and went in off him.

I am delighted to have qualified for the World Cup, and it will be the first time I will have managed on the biggest stage of all. The draw will be made in December, and I can’t wait.

Novermber 2017

Arsenal de Sarandi 1-0 Huracan
Not the best way to start the month; with a dissapointing defeat to an average side. We had a few chances today, but most were from long range, as we slumped to our third defeat of the season.

Huracan 2-0 Argentinos
Diaz (20)
Moreyra (89)
Once again, we bounced back from defeat to record a victory. Diaz gave us the lead, and his replacement sealed the win. Moreyra has been brilliant at coming off the bench to score, and he will start to feature more and more in the team.

Copa Sudamericana Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Santos 1-1 Huracan (agg. 2-1)
Guzman (7)
It was a great effort today, but it wasn’t quite enough against the ten men of Santos. Guzman levelled the aggregate score inside seven minutes, but I knew at the time that it came too early. We stuck to our positive game plan, and after 24 minutes Santos equalised. But not long after that, the home side had a player sent off; making me think it might be our day. We pushed and we pushed, but we just couldn’t find that winner. Lentini hit the post from close range in the final moments, and the game finished 1-1, sending us out on aggregate. But the performance was much improved from the first leg, and I am proud of the lads.

Godoy Cruz 1-3 Huracan
Vasquez (21)
Guzman (60)
Nardi (65)
I wouldn’t have been happy with anything other than a win against the bottom team, and we managed to do that. It was a decent performance, and the goal scorers prove that we don’t only rely on our strikers to get the goals.

1912060-1.jpg

Estudiantes (LP) 0-1 Huracan
Lentini ( 6 )
Lentini gave us a great start with the only goal of the game, and it came at an important time. After 22 minutes, Eduardo Costa was sent off, but we managed to hold onto the lead. Even from then, they didn’t cause us too many problems, and we were the better team.

Huracan 2-0 C.A.I de Chubut
Kamahara (53)
Mannara (83)
A reasonably comfortable win over the newly promoted side. But it was Jose Maria Mannara, who came on at half time for his debut, that made the difference. He assisted the first goal, scored the second, and got man of the match. Not a bad debut.

View attachment 111190

Heading into the last three matches of the closing stage in the last month of 2017, we are fifth, but only one point off second, and three points off the top. After a bad start to the month, we recovered and put in some good performances. I was particularly pleased with Mannara’s debut.

View attachment 111189

December 2017

Racing Club 2-1 Huracan
Guzman (51)
I can now understand why Racing Club are at the top of the league, they have vastly improved from last season. We were 2-0 down at half time, and they were ripping our defence apart for fun. I soon realised we were playing too high a line, and after changing for the second half, we got back into the game. Guzman’s free-kick gave us some hope, but we can’t have too many complaints about the defeat. We could have gone top for 24 hours with a win, as well.

racing_huracan_01.jpg

Central 2-1 Huracan
Kamahara (53)
We were absolutely robbed today! We created four clear cut chances, and dominated the game from start to finish. Kamahara gave us a well deserved lead in the second half, but Central levelled just two minutes later. And then in the 5th minute of added time, they scored with a header at the front post, and the daylight robbery was successfully executed.

In better news, Sebastian Perelman made his return to the club today, coming on as a second half substitute. He spent the last 12 months on loan at Colo Colo, where he made 33 appearences, scoring 13 goals.

Huracan 1-1 River
Perelman (82)
The second consecutive match we dominated and didn’t get our just rewards, shown by the fact that their ‘keeper was man of the match. But the point looks better knowing we earned it through a late equaliser. And it was Perelman, in only his second match since returning from loan, with the goal.

So we finish the opening stage in 5th position. It is disappointing, but I am really looking forward to the New Year. The African Cup of Nations, the World Cup, and the Copa Libertadores! It all started so well; a 6-0 win, and Kamahara was banging the goals in for fun. But our form began to deteriorate, and we struggled to find goals and clean sheets.

Algeria

Recently, the draws for both the 2018 African Cup of Nations held in Egypt, and the 2018 World Cup held in the USA, have been made.

African Cup of Nations Group C

Algeria
Angola
Cameroon
Mali

2018 World Cup

Group A .................................Group E
Columbia ................................Algeria
Norway ...................................France
Germany .................................Iran
South Africa .............................Turkey

Group B .................................Group F
Honduras ................................Argentina
Holland ..................................Italy
Czech Republic .........................South Korea
Nigeria ..................................Costa Rica

Group C .................................Group G
Switzerland ..............................Chile
Brazil .....................................Morocco
Mexico ...................................Sweden
Australia .................................Spain

Group D .................................Group H
U.A.E .....................................U.S.A
Ivory Coast ..............................Japan
Scotland ..................................Peru
Croatia ...................................England

This is my favourite story on the site :)

But just so you know, there are 6 versions of the Champions league, with the OCl (Oceania) the missing one. But you have to download a new Zealand database to unlock it.

This is my favourite story on the site :)

But just so you know, there are 6 versions of the Champions league, with the OCl (Oceania) the missing one. But you have to download a new Zealand database to unlock it.

Thanks.

And somebody else pointed that out as well. I wasn't aware that there was an Oceania Champions League, because I saw that Australian clubs play in the Asian version. But if I ever try this again I may give it a go.

Algeria

African Cup of Nations

Group C Match 1
Mali 1-1 Algeria
Benhamlat (57)
We were lucky to even get a point. We were shocking in the first half, and Mali absolutely bombarded our goal, so I was happy to go into the break only one goal down. The second half was a bit of an improvement. Benhamlat came off the bench to equalise on his debut, and we held out for the point. I wanted to win the game, but the way we played, I will definitely take the draw.

african-cup-of-nations-mali-vs-algeria-free-live-stream.jpg

Group C Match 2
Cameroon 1-1 Algeria
Abdoun (29)
It was a better performance, but we were still slightly fortunate to get the draw. When we went 1-0 down I thought all was lost, but we hit back soon after. Our goalkeeper was man of the match, and I suppose that shows how the game went. But we did get the point, and it leaves us knowing a win against Angola will be enough to progress.

Group C Match 3
Algeria 1-1 Angola
Ouali (70)
So we go out in the hands of the nation I used to manage. We never played well throughout the tournament, and today was no exception. We again went 1-0 down and for the third time hit back to draw 1-1, but it wasn’t enough. We don’t deserve to go through, and I will need to change something ready for the World Cup. But for now, I turn my attention back to Huracan.

Cmon Algeria ! Hope it goes well with the Huracan too !

Three straight draws... what an unfortunate fate man. You'll bounce back for the WC though! Keep going with Huracan too!

Big News

martingreenacre.png

martingreenacre2.png

I can’t complain too much. We were very poor at the African Cup of Nations, and we hadn’t played anywhere near our best for a long time. But still, it proves that there is no room for sentiment in modern football as, after getting Algeria to the World Cup, I won’t be leading them out.

However, every cloud has a silver lining . . .

martingreenacre3.png

After losing to Gabon in the Quarter Finals of the Cup of Nations, Didier Drogba was sacked as Ivory Coast manager. The biggest factor in accepting the job was that they had also qualified for the 2018 World Cup, which means I will still be going to America in the summer. But I will now be facing somewhat of an easier group there:

ci.gif
Ivory Coast

gb-sc.gif
Scotland

hr.gif
Croatia

ae.gif
U.A.E

The Players

The so-called ‘golden generation’ which yielded the likes of Didier Drogba and Kolo Toure is over. There are still a couple of players from that team, mixed with some very promising youngsters. I am very excited about this team, and here are some of the key players.

Yaya Toure

He may be 34, but he still has a lot to offer in midfield. He is not a certain starter, but he will play an important part at the World Cup.

Serge Diabate

A promising midfielder, who adds some creativity to the steel of Yaya Toure and Cheik Tiote.

Lacina Traore

A great target man, who will be vying for a starting spot up front. He looks like he will win everything in the air.

Gervinho

One of our most technically gifted players, who can play anywhere across the midfield or up front.

Salomon Kalou

He is also getting on a bit, but he still has the pace to trouble any defence. I don’t think he will be starting every game, but he could be a great impact player.

So we still have some very good players. And on top of those, Emmanuel Eboue is still in the squad, and we have some really promising young players who are coming through. However, I am not going to have long to work with them. There is space for one friendly to be scheduled before the World Cup, but that is it. So I will need to create a tactic that will bring the best out of the players, and then put my trust in it.