Global Domination - an Intercontinental adventure

Unlucky about the opening stage of the league. Hopefully you'll manage to take the second stage! How often do you interact with other players/managers? I can never get my hands on stat as high as yours. Does attending press conferences increase it?

I don't really know how it got that high. I normally only interact with manager when they start it off, and I only praise my players when advised to in a backroom meeting. I take about 20% of team talks and half of the press conferences. But I never holiday, so that could be a factor.

wow, started from an ex-sunday-league footballer, now a world class manager!!!

January, February 2017

After losing the league on the final day of the opening stage, I wanted to make sure we could regain our title in the closing stage. We arranged a few friendlies, the highlight being against Huracan (CR), when Kamahara had scored SIX goals in the first half.

I didn’t feel the need to sign any players, but a couple did leave the club. First, Sebastian Perelman went on loan to Colo Colo in the hope that he would get some good first team experience. And three matches into the closing stage, my board accepted a £4.1m offer from Universidad de Chile for Ezequiel Filippetto. It is a decent sum, but if they let me negotiate, I would have delayed the transfer until the end of the season when we have money for a replacement. We are left a little short in the centre-back department now.

Chacarita 0-1 Huracan
Filippetto (58)
I watched this one from the stands, as I was serving my touchline ban. It was tense, as we could only find one goal, scored by Filippetto who was still at the club at this point. And my assistant didn’t make a single substitution, meaning certain players were knackered by the end. Lentini picked up a knock and will miss the next couple of games. But still, it is a good start to the closing stage.

Colon 0-3 Huracan
Bruno (42)
Kamahara (68)
Vasquez (76)
My return to the touchline was a successful one, as we got a brilliant result away from home. Both strikers were on top form, each getting a goal, and everything seemed to go right today.

colon_huracan_01.jpg

Huracan 4-0 Argentinos
Diaz (33, 42, 51)
Machin (53)
We continued our brilliant start to the closing stage, or should I say Rodrigo Diaz did. The 35-year-old attacking midfielder was sensational, bagging a hat-trick, and may have just earned another year on his contract. Our fourth came from a brilliant run from Kamahara, who pulled it back to Machin on the edge of the box to finish. Argentinos had a man sent off towards the end, but we were already 4-0 up by then.

Huracan 2-0 Tiro Federal
Kamahara (14)
Lentini (84)
We were more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, and Kamahara was excellent once again. Tiro Federal went down to ten men early in the second half, and that really killed the match off. But Lentini made his return from the bench, and got himself a goal.

River 1-2 Huracan
Kamahara (52)
Vasquez (pen 90)
We showed great character to come back from a goal down to earn a very good win away to River Plate, in a great game for the neutral. River took the lead 4 minutes into first half injury time, but we levelled soon after the break. And from there, we kept attacking, and got our just rewards with a last minute penalty. A brilliant result.

huracan-0-1-river.jpg

Huracan 5-1 Banfield
Kamahra (pen 14)
Bruno (22, 45)
Milano (55)
Gimenez (77)
A fantastic result against the team I wanted to join before coming to Huracan. Bruno was superb, as were all my players, and we maintained our 100% record in the league.

Huracan 1-0 Independiente
Guzman (18)
We had to work hard for this win, but we stood strong defensively, and picked up the three points. Leonel Vasquez was sent off with nine minutes left, but we held on. Guzman was brilliant, stepping in at centre-back for the last few matches after the sale of Filippetto, and he deserved his goal.

After seven wins from seven, we are in a great position to go on and win the title. Another season we may have been comfortable, but other teams’ impressive starts mean it could all change in 90 minutes. The wins against River and Banfield were particularly brilliant, as I probably would have accepted two points from those matches. For all the goals we have been scoring, we have only conceded two, which is another bonus.

The Copa Libertadores groups were also drawn this month, and I am confident of our chances of progression. We will play:

652.gif

El Nacional (Ecuador)
We met them at the same stage last season, and scraped wins in both matches. It should be six points, but we will have to be careful.

Logo_Cobreloa.png

Cobreloa (Chile)
A similar sort of team to El Nacional. Again, we should be able to beat them comfortably, and it may come down to goal difference so we will need to be on form.

150px-ClubAmericaLogo-1.png

America (Mexico)
America will be our toughest test in the group. We got knocked out last season to another Mexican team, so we know how tough it will be.

Good luck against Club America. They're one of the biggest in Mexico. Great work with Huracan in domestic league.

Fantastic dedication to this tory and is a great read ;) first time ive commented but ive been following :)

Good work mate,once you win in south america you should have no problem getting one of the bigger jobs in europe or asia. Keep with it.
Will you stick with it when fm11 comes out if your not finished by then???

Good work mate,once you win in south america you should have no problem getting one of the bigger jobs in europe or asia. Keep with it.
Will you stick with it when fm11 comes out if your not finished by then???

Yeah, I would quite like to move to a big European club, and hopefully we can challenge for the Copa Libertadores this year.

And I think I will definately stay with the save as long as it is still enjoyable, and if people still want to read it I will probably continue the story.

And thanks for all the other comments as well.

March 2017

Copa Libertadores Group F
Cobreloa 0-4 Huracan
Kamahara (25, 29)
Lentini (71)
Bruno (80)
We kicked off our Copa Libertadores group stage campaign with an emphatic away win. We scored four goals, coming from three different strikers, and we go into the America game with confidence. They were never going to cause us too many problems, but we have been complacent and been stung before.

Arsenal de Sarandi 2-2 Huracan
Bruno (46)
Gimenez (65)
We were 2-0 down at half time, so I have got to be happy with the result. We managed to pull one back just after half time, and from there we put them under pressure, and eventually the goal came from Sandro Gimenez. We remain top, but that has given Boca the opportunity to close the gap. Our first dropped points of the season!

Newell’s 1-2 Huracan
Bruno (12, 14)
We got off to a brilliant start, with Bruno on top form scoring two early goals. Newell’s set up a tight finish with a goal in the second half. Bruno then had the chance for his hat-trick when we were awarded a penalty with ten minutes left. He missed, but we managed to hold on for the three points.

hur-new-500x300.jpg

Huracan 1-0 America (MEX)
Kamahara (18)
An unbelievable result. We were fantastic today, creating four clear cut chances. We only managed one goal, but it turned out to be enough. This result means we are in a great position to qualify with six points from two games, and we should be challenging for top spot.

Huracan 0-0 San Lorenzo
A tough derby match, which we definitely had the better off, but we didn’t really create enough to win it. We restricted them to just one shot, but we weren’t good enough in the final third.

El Nacional 0-2 Huracan
Milano (12)
Lentini (25)
A great result, and a tough place to go at that. This makes it three wins from three in the group, and if we beat them at home in our next match, we will be guaranteed qualification.

Godoy Cruz 0-2 Huracan
Machin (15)
Gimenez (24)
It was a fairly even match, but we took our chances to earn a valuable win. A wonder strike from Machin gave us the lead, before on-form Gimenez doubled our lead.

Huracan 2-1 Tigre
Bruno (40)
Lentini (90)
We held a tight 1-0 lead going into the latter stages, when Gaston Machin, our captain was dismissed. We didn’t let it show, as Lentini made it 2-0 in stoppage time. That killed the game off, but late on, a Carlos Juarez own goal gave Tigre a consolation.

So we are still sitting comfortable at the top, and still unbeaten. My aim is to go into the Boca game at home with a lead of at least four points, meaning we can afford to lose to them. So all is going well in the league, as well as the Copa Libertadores. Nine points from three games puts us into a fantastic position going into our last three group games.

April 2017

Huracan 3-0 Instituto
Lentini (34)
Vasquez (pen 48)
Kamahara (55)
A very comfortable win today. I managed to bring a couple of players off at half time, and thanks to the clinical nature of our attacking play today, we managed to record an important win. Goal difference could also turn out to play a part.

Huracan 3-0 El Nacional
Lentini (2)
Guzman (21)
Bruno (85)
Our second 3-0 win in four days, and we have now qualified for the next round with two games to spare. We got off to the best possible start, with Lentini opening the scoring inside the first two minutes. That meant we could express ourselves, and we did that and reaped the rewards. We now turn to the next match against America, knowing a win would secure top spot.

Estudiantes (LP) 2-1 Huracan
Bruno (45)
Our first defeat of the closing stage, and we deserved at least a point. Estudiantes won a controversial penalty close to half time, but we hit back immediately. I grew to accept the inevitable point, but five minutes from the end, Estudiantes got the winner.

Huracan 1-2 Boca
Kamahara (81)
This always happens. We don’t lose for weeks, and then when we lose one we lose the next one as well. It was a real six-pointer, and the defeat means Boca close the gap at the top to one point. But the aim this time last month was to get to this match knowing we could lose and still be top, and we are now in that position.

huracan-boca-juniors.jpg

America (MEX) 1-1 Huracan
Lentini (69)
A brilliant point which means we go into our final group match top of the table. The players dug in hard, and took the lead in the second half, only for America to equalise. But we held on for a great result, especially coming off the back of two defeats. However, it came at a price, as Claudio Bruno strained his knee ligaments early on, and it will keep him out for up to seven weeks!

Lanus 1-2 Huracan
Lentini (46)
Milano (83)
It wasn’t the best performance, but we kept going and grabbed a late winner. It was vital we won today, as Boca also won, so we stay top for now.

Huracan 1-0 Cobreloa
Kamahara (pen 22)
We only needed a draw to go through top, so I rested a lot of players and gave some others a chance. And we still managed to get the victory, with Kamahara scoring from the spot in the second half. Medina, who has already agreed to leave the club on a free at the end of the season, was sent off after 56 minutes, but we still managed to control the midfield and the game.

So we finish top of the group, only dropping two points, and conceding just one goal. We will face LDU de Quito of Ecuador in the second round, and I am confident we can progress.

images

Huracan 2-1 Central
Milano (51)
Lentini (66)
We got off to the worst start imaginable, when we conceded after only three minutes. But it gave us time to react, and in the second half react we did. Mauro Milano came on at half time, and just six minutes later he was scoring his 50th goal for the club. Lentini completed the comeback.

We always seem to crumble at the end of the season, and we threatened to do that when we lost back to back games this month. But we recovered with some hard fought victories. The performance haven’t been excellent, but at this stage of the season points are all that matters. We go into our final two league matches with a one point lead over Boca, and it promises to be a tense finale.

Man, Club America are a difficult team, and yet it seems like you just breezed on by. Good luck with the second round, and don't get complacent against Quito of Ecuador.

May 2017

Copa Libertadores Second Round 1st Leg
LDU de Quito 0-1 Huracan
Lentini (67)
A great result, which puts us into a very good position going into the return leg. It was a tough test, but a fluid counter attack which Lentini finished off was the difference in the end. We will still need to be disciplined in the second leg, because if they get the first goal it will be a completely different tie.

Racing Club 1-2 Huracan
Lentini (18)
Moreyra (73)
Today we recorded an important win in the title race. We went 1-0 down early on, but hit back immediately through the in-form Lentini. I took a big gamble in throwing 17-year-old Moreyra on in the second half, but a superb finish saw him grab the winner. I am excited about this lad!

Copa Libertadores Second Round 2nd Leg
Huracan 0-0 LDU de Quito (agg. 1-0)
It was not as some may have expected, but we are through to the quarter finals. We had an early setback when Vasquez limped off early on, and he will miss the rest of the season. But we defended well and kept the clean sheet which sends us through.

We will face River in the next round.

Huracan 1-0 Velez
Lentini (28)

Huracan win the closing stage

We have done it, after a long hard season. We came into the match knowing a win would guarantee us the title, and we got that win. Lentini gave us the lead on the counter attack in the first half, after some sustained pressure from Velez. So the goal came at a very important time. I glanced at the Boca score at half time, and they were leading 2-0, which meant we definitely needed to win. And we held on to retain our title (although Boca went on to draw 2-2 meaning we could have lost)!

san_lorenzo2.jpg

Copa Libertadores Quarter Final 1st Leg
River 1-1 Huracan
Kamahara (67)
The draw puts the game finely in the balance going into the return leg. River took the lead after 65 minutes, but just two minutes later we got the equaliser, and that all important away goal.

Copa Libertadores Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Huracan 0-1 River

Our dream ends here. We were optimistic when the match was goalless at half time, and we were going through. But immediately after half time, Sandro Gimenez was shown a straight red card, and we were facing an up-hill battle. But we defended bravely and looked like we were going to hold on. However, in the 89th minute, Boghossian latched onto a through ball and won the game and the tie for River. I am obviously gutted, but we will go again next season.

Argentine Primera Division

So we managed to win the closing stage, and it would have been hard to take if we didn’t after being top since the third week. It just shows the importance of a good start. We dropped a few points towards the end of the season, but the seven wins in our first seven matches proved vitally important.

Boca’s Pablo Mouche finished as top scorer, notching 45 goals in 47 matches in all competitions. I am looking forward to the summer and hopefully improving the squad. Gaston Machin and Eduardo Costa are both 34 now, Rodrigo Diaz is 35 and Mauro Milano is 33. Having won the league twice now, I definitely want to win the Copa Libertadores next season, and most of my eggs will be in that basket.

Also, if there are any screenshots you want, just ask.

Good lcuk with the Libertadores next year, winning the Argentine league two years in a row is extraordinary! Well done!

Pre-season 2017/18

South American Recopa 1st Leg
Huracan 0-0 Chivas

South American Recopa 2nd Leg
Chivas 0-0 Huracan (Chivas win 8-7 on pens)

Before beginning to prepare for the new season, we had the Recopa Final against Chivas. And I have to say we did a lot better than when they outclassed us in the Copa Libertadores two years ago. In the first leg, we earned a very good goalless draw.

But in the second leg, I made a mistake. I should have arranged a friendly before the match, as we didn’t have any match fit players. So the best we could hope for was 0-0 and taking it to penalties. We did that, but the players were knackered. The penalties were tense, with the first 15 being scored. But I suppose it was always going to be on-loan centre-back Rafael Carioca to miss. He was playing his last competitive match for the club before returning to Cruzeiro, and he had a shocker of the season. So we lost out, but I was very pleased with our performance over the two legs, and we could easily have won it in the home match, hitting the post and creating numerous chances.

I also wanted to do a little bit of business in the transfer market. Having made a loss of just over £5m last season, we had to watch our spending carefully, but I am reasonably happy with the outcome.

Our first signing was our biggest priority; getting Alejandro Guzman on a permanent deal. He was on loan here last season, and we had already agreed the minimal fee of £3.5m.

Next was 16-year-old Daniel Ortiz. He was a free agent, and we became his first club after snapping him up. We had to fight off stiff competition, mind. For some reason, my assistant manager advised me to withdraw the contract offer, but now he is at the club he’s saying he’ll become a quality player. I personally have sky high hopes for this kid, although I am not sure what to do with him (He looks like a brilliant winger, but we play without wingers)!

Finally was Brazilian centre-half Antonio Jose. He joins on loan for a fee of £170k, with an agreed future price of £2.4m. I am looking forward to seeing him at the heart of our defence.

We also arranged a few friendlies, including a 7-0 win in Indonesia, and more impressively, a 1-1 draw at Anfield. We even got that result without playing well. I also found it funny that the player who equalised for Liverpool was Marouane Fellaini.

And just in case you were wondering what happened to Sebastian Perelman, he went on loan to Colo Colo in January. He will be there until next January, and has been making great progress.

Oh my goodness... are Indonesia really that bad in your game? Because Indonesia aren't that bad in FM unless they were still getting their first set of regens ready at the start.

Oh my goodness... are Indonesia really that bad in your game? Because Indonesia aren't that bad in FM unless they were still getting their first set of regens ready at the start.

objection!
Indonesia are THAT bad in real life!
several days ago our national team just ****** off by Uruguay 1-7 in Jakarta.

still bad in FM, but several Indonesian regens I found in nearly all my saves are great, though...

objection!
Indonesia are THAT bad in real life!
several days ago our national team just ****** off by Uruguay 1-7 in Jakarta.

still bad in FM, but several Indonesian regens I found in nearly all my saves are great, though...

It's sad how Indonesia are that bad in real life... I'm Indonesian too, and it kills me to see them have fountains of potential not used because of "problems"... Every time I start a new game in FM, the Indonesian regens always seem to be great. In one recent game, I saw Indonesia get to 2nd round of FIFA WC. They won against Belarus, tied Tunisia, and lost 1-0 to Spain...

Back to topic. Loving the story so far! Win the Libertadores!