scruffy_bear

Reaction score
Welcome to Glory V3, I've done some tweaking and testing and as you can see it's working ever nice, as for the lack of CCC that now fixed.

Enjoy, feedback more than welcome

View attachment 50446 View attachment 50445 View attachment 50444

How to use Glory

How to use Glory, once the tactic is fluid I switch match preparation too attacking movement. Start the match using Glory once I've gone 2 or more goal ahead I switch too Glory Domination it's set up to help hold possession tho you will score a lot using it.

If I can't break down team I switch from Glory to Domination if that doesn't work then it's time for Glory Goal for the last 15 min's.

Formation and Team Instructions

View attachment 50453 View attachment 50452

View attachment 50451 View attachment 50450

View attachment 50449 View attachment 50448

Opposition
Instructions

View attachment 50447

Important that you set your opposition instructions like this.

Pre-Season

This is how I set it up for the pre-season
View attachment 54906

Set up for the season
View attachment 54905

Individual Training

I've set each player to train in the position that they play within the tactic. PPM this should help.

Player Preferred Moves | Football Manager 2018 Guide

SetPieces

Set pieces are a mix of mine and mdacha.

Update, found a flaw now with defending corners now fixed.

Result

View attachment 50443 View attachment 50442 View attachment 50441 View attachment 50440 View attachment 50439
View attachment 50430 View attachment 50429

New V3

View attachment 50438

View attachment 50437

View attachment 50436

Old

View attachment 51703

View attachment 51702

View attachment 51701

Last edited:
This looks like a nice tactic - what type of qualities in the CF would you look for?

Players like Kasper Dolberg would be prefect as the CF, need good passing and vision, work rate too

I'm gonne give this one a go, with F.C. Nordsjælland from the danish tier 1, im almost done with third season, and my own tactic is starting to miss out in attack.

I might try to change the IF to Wingers - any experience with this change?

Last edited:
View attachment 54769View attachment 54768

Results & Form. Didnt go as good as i expected. Followed your instructions including OI's and training. Players were in Keita's shadow (i dont consider him my most important player).

Belotti underperforming aswell.

View attachment 54767View attachment 54766

Played Keita as AP AT and i consider him really good for that position.
Belotti gets his chance - delivers a goal.
Keita gets his chance - wastes it (luckily makes an assist). He also does more shots than Insigne & Salah.

Small insights: AP is playing outside the box usually so instruction work the ball into box isnt working properly. Considering AP is the most shooting player. Also counterattacking with work into box is kinda messy. Work into box instructs players to be patient and work hard on their opening whereas counterattacking footbal is fast one-two touch passes onto pacey wingers/strikers and so so.

Tactic wasnt up to my standarts, but might work for others :) Requires more testing and tweaking.

View attachment 1159848View attachment 1159849

Results & Form. Didnt go as good as i expected. Followed your instructions including OI's and training. Players were in Keita's shadow (i dont consider him my most important player).

Belotti underperforming aswell.

View attachment 1159850View attachment 1159851

Played Keita as AP AT and i consider him really good for that position.
Belotti gets his chance - delivers a goal.
Keita gets his chance - wastes it (luckily makes an assist). He also does more shots than Insigne & Salah.

Small insights: AP is playing outside the box usually so instruction work the ball into box isnt working properly. Considering AP is the most shooting player. Also counterattacking with work into box is kinda messy. Work into box instructs players to be patient and work hard on their opening whereas counterattacking footbal is fast one-two touch passes onto pacey wingers/strikers and so so.

Tactic wasnt up to my standarts, but might work for others :) Requires more testing and tweaking.

Thanks for the feedback I'll look into the changes you talked about, Belotti doesn't suit the tactic but I'm going to change things up and maybe that work for him. What happen in the city game.

As for using Wingers I find that the overlapping full back run into the same space and cancel each other out.

Going to make changes and I'll report back.

Thanks for the feedback I'll look into the changes you talked about, Belotti doesn't suit the tactic but I'm going to change things up and maybe that work for him. What happen in the city game.

As for using Wingers I find that the overlapping full back run into the same space and cancel each other out.

Going to make changes and I'll report back.

Yeah Belotti's Vision is terrible but same was with Firmino as CF, well a bit better.

Wingers with IWB's should work. IWBs cutting inside, wingers playing wide.

Firmino wasn't great for me, made the following changes

Taken out work in box.

CF is now set to attack

AP is now set to support

I'll see how this work

Firmino wasn't great for me, made the following changes

Taken out work in box.

CF is now set to attack

AP is now set to support

I'll see how this work

Hopefully it works. Dont change your tac according only to my feedback. :) Everyone has to find their honey comb. As for myself i never liked those 3 striker/ 3 Shadow striker formations. They are too far from real life football.

I changed to IF to wingers, and picked "shoot less often" on all players, and than added "more direct passing" and these changes, has done so good for me.
When playing with a smaller team, i guess the defence will be more open, and with these changes, my attacking play is more dangerous and almost lethal, specially the wingers doing great.

I changed to IF to wingers, and picked "shoot less often" on all players, and than added "more direct passing" and these changes, has done so good for me.
When playing with a smaller team, i guess the defence will be more open, and with these changes, my attacking play is more dangerous and almost lethal, specially the wingers doing great.

Could you upload your Tweak tactic for me?

Just in time for the weekend Glory 1.0 and Glory lead 1.0. So this is what I've changed,

• Complete Forward now set to attack
  • Inside Forwards now set to support
  • Advanced Playmaker now set to support
  • Full Backs now set to attack (very happy with this)
  • All players set to shoot less often
  • Team set to more direct passing
  • Work ball into box removed
  • Look for overlap removed
View attachment 54581 View attachment 54580 View attachment 54579 View attachment 54578

I've added tactic here and on front page.

View attachment 54577

View attachment 54543

Last edited: