Glory through the Mist - A Futebol Clube Porto story

Status
Not open for further replies.

NunoPeixinho

Banned
Reaction score
Breaking News :

villas-boas.jpg

André Vilas Boas has been sacked by Porto's Chairman, Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa!
Vilas Boas is a very young manager, that's been called the 'New Mourinho' !
He was sacked following a domestic violence incident with is current girlfriend, Carla Matadinho, this girl right here :​

Carla+Matadinho+sexy+xx11+(8).jpg

After this outrageous episode, Villas Boas had he's contract terminated with immediate effect, who would be the new FC Porto manager?​

Several names where being appointed to the club, :​

Alberto-Zaccheroni.jpg

Former Juventus manager, Alberto Zaccheroni​

9070.gif

Italy's greatest goalkeeper Dino Zoff​

35189_news.jpg

Ac Milan great, Mauro Tassotti, who is persuing he's first managerial adventure!​

Pre Season update, Tranfers and much more coming soon :)

Im half way through the second season and I decided to make a story, since is going so well :) Hope you follow, Cheers !​

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

After much speculation, none of the three above were appointed as the new manager of FC Porto, Pinto da Costa deemed that were asking for too much money, and they weren't familiar with the swagger and mystique of Porto, with that said, Chairman Pinto da Costa decided to hire Nuno Peixinho, a well known international footballer, who enjoyed his greatest footballing years as a FC Porto Player, leading them to their first champions League title, alongside Madjer and others :)

2309742807_9dae52cacf.jpg

Jornal O Jogo - Hello and welcome to the press conference, where Nuno Peixinho will be appointed as the new FC Porto manager!
Nuno Peixinho - Good afternoon everyone, it is a great pleasure to be here, and I want to thank Chairman Pinto da Costa for giving me this opportunity to work with one of the best teams in the world, the club where i gave it all, blood, sweat and tears!
Jornal o Jogo - What are ayour spectations within this new challenge?
Nuno Peixinho - Well, mainly secure the championship, but my personal dream is to conquer once again, Champions League, I know it will be hard, very hard, but I'm confident that the team and I will be up to the challenge :)
Jornal o Jogo - How do you intend to secure the likes of Hulk, Raúl Meireles, and Bruno Alves?
Nuno Peixinho - They are fantastic players, Bruno and Raul are the soul of this team, and they carry the experience and class of the club, the only thing we gotta do is, WIN WIN WIN, nothing else!
Jornal o Jogo - What about tranfers Mr Peixinho?
Nuno Peixinho - I will be dipping my fingers, snoop around a bit, as I say often, but always bringing youth and talent :)
Jornal o Jogo - I wish you the best of luch for this adventure Mr Peixinho!
Nuno Peixinho - Champions League mist is fading away, Im looking for Domination, and the players and staff, will rise to the occasion, Thank you very much, have a good day !​

Tranfer Update :​

Manager Nuno Peixinho began to reinforce the squad, by signing :​

1399.jpg

Center Back Mathias Jorgensen, for 3 million, giving more amplitude to the back!​

antonini.jpg

Right back Luca Antonini, experience and hard work!
He cost 325k​

hedwiges-maduro.jpg

Hedwiges Maduro,I bought him because he can do 3 positions, and he is very secure at all of them, 1.9 millions​

necid-3.jpg

Czech wonder Tomas Necid, Loan fee of 1.6 millions​

ekici-261x300.jpg

Mehmet Ekici, a young Playmaker that will do wonders for us, loan fee of 425 k​

Overall, I think I was able to sign some very good players, and they will fit right in the squad :)

Pre season update coming soon !​

Last edited:
Pre Season Update :

Porto 3 Porto Reserves 0
View attachment 93116

It was an easy game, DOMINATION !​

Tourizense 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93117

Another easy game against one of my Afilliated clubs, Necid made his first goal for the club :)

Ferrol 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93118

Necid scored once again !​

Oliveirense 1 Porto 1
View attachment 93119

I have to say I was a bit annoyed with this one, we had a great number of shots, but couldn't capitalize, anyway, its pre season, but we need to do better!​

Pontevedra 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93120

I made some experiences in this one, played a different tactic also, Engin Bekdemir scored a fantastic goal :) one of the first things i've done was to renew contract with Engin, because he is a rising star and will become handy in the future !​

Badalona 0 Porto 4
View attachment 93121

Falcao and Necid, what a great partnership, we played very well today :)

Melilla 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93126

Once again with some great football, Belluschi was on fire today, netting twice !​

This is a best eleven screenshot since i dont have a screenshot on how I used to play in the first season, but this is the tactic, very simple and tidy, Rigid - Attacking - Shorter - More expressive! If you have doubts or questions, just ask ok ? :)

August and September update coming soon, any tips or questions, just tell me and I will improve my story, its always nice to receive criticism :) Cheers !​

August Update :

Portuguese Super Cup

taca.gif

Press conference at Estádio Municipal de Aveiro, with Nuno Peixinho!​

Record - What do you expect of this game?
Nuno Peixinho - It's going to be a tough game, no doubt about it, Paços de Ferreira is a hard working, organised team, that will fight to their last breath ..
Record - What is going to be your approach towards this game?
Nuno Peixinho - I'm planning to play a press foward, fluid attacking game, but always covering our back! Paços has Candeias, a very fast right winger, that will do damage if not stopped!
Record - Are you nervous, since you are a few hours away of your first game in charge?
Nuno Peixinho - I would be a liar if I said I wasnt, but nothing that really worries me!
Record - Best of Luck Mr Peixinho!
Nuno Peixinho - Thank you very much!​

Paços de Ferreira 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93130

Once again, the partnership worked like a charm, Falcao and Necid, the Czech wonderboy scored in his first game :)

Flash interview with FC Porto captain Bruno Alves :​

Rui Santos - Thoughts about the game Bruno
Bruno Alves - It was a hard game, just like Mr peixinho said, we scored early and then controled Paços miedfield, I am delighted, consecutive wins are through out Fantastic, but now its time to celebrate!
Rui Santos - Well, a quick reaction by Bruno Alves ladys and gentleman, this is all for now, Rui Santos, Sky Sports news ..​

Liga sagres Begins :

Paços de Ferreira 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93131

Today we played even better, Raúl scored a 30 yard screamer, but the highlight of the game was the second goal by Hulk, he ran through the midfield, skinned 3 opponents, and scored, WHAT A GOAL, My God! Absolutely delighted with the lad!​

Porto 0 Nacional da Madeira 0
View attachment 93132

I have to be disappointed with this result, we had 2 goals disallowed, and then Rafael Bracalli made some fantastic save keeping the danger away, we should have been better!​

Champions-League-draw-001.jpg

Champions League Group H

00033%2520Simbolo%2520FCP.jpg

Stabaek_Fotball-logo-1003821140-seeklogo.com.gif

time43.png

arsenal.gif

FC Porto PR, Vítor Baía speaks to the journalists :​

Vitor Baía - It could have been a better draft for us, but nontheless, we are a great team, and I am confident we can secure qualification to the next phase of CL, Arsenal are favourites of course, Greek side Panathinaikos will try to break through, and Stabaek is going to be a tough opponent, but I have faith that the team will rise to the expectations, thank you very much!​

Naval 1º de Maio 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93133

MOM was beyond doubt Hulk, with a hat trick, he still had time to miss a penalty!
Nontheless, Hulk was 5 *****​

September Update :

Porto 2 Leixões 0
View attachment 93134

It was a good game, we completely dominated the match without questioning, Hulk scored again a fantastic goal :)

Porto 2 Stabaek 0
View attachment 93135

Great Midfield display by the lads, Falcao had enumerous shots at goal, but he only scored one :(

Braga 1 Porto 2
View attachment 93146

This was hard, a very hard game, both teams played very well, Falcao played like ****, so I launched Ernesto 'Tecla' Farías into the game, and he gave us the the win with a diving header :)

Porto 1 Sporting 1
View attachment 93147

We should have been a lot better today, Bruno Alves mistake led to João Moutinho's goal, then we were running against time, and I hate when teams put the bus in front of goal, nontheless, Tomas Necid scored a beautiful goal giving us a deserving point! We need to improve if we wnat to secure the title once again ..​

Arsenal 1 Porto 2
View attachment 93148

It's DOMINATION! Arsenal were terrible today, Fabregas was playing, RVP, Arshavin, their star players, even so, we trashed them at Emirates beyond doubt :D Ecstatic with the performance!​

Review - So far we had two great months, no goals suffered, Good attacking display :)
Hope you continue to follow, cheers!
October and November update coming !​

Last edited:
October Update :

Olhanense 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93164

It wasn't an easy game, Olhanense's keeper Kim Byung-Ji made some great saves, but then Hulk scored an outrageous goal skinning four opponents :) I gotta say that Hulk is a Fantastic Foward, Technique, Power, everything!​

taca_de_portugal_desportugal%5B1%5D.jpg

Portuguese Cup 3rd Round :

Porto 5 Pedrouços 0
View attachment 93165

Rotativity was used today against Pedrouços, Farías scored a fantastic hat-trick :)

Panathinaikos 0 Porto 0
View attachment 93166

Panathinaikos controled the game, but we had 2 strikes hitting the woodwork, nevertheless, we are at the top :)

Porto 2 Académica 0
View attachment 93167
Superiority in every aspect of the game, Hulk scored again !​

November Update :

Porto 2 Belenenses 0
View attachment 93170

Hulk scored twice again in a easy match against a team that is fighting to remain in Liga Sagres​

Porto 4 Panathinaikos 1
View attachment 93171

Well, I wasn't expecting this one, mainly because I was stupid, half of my team,Subs and Non-chosen players were playing for the reserves, with that said, I went to the game with 2 substitutes, nevertheless our attacking force was fierce and got the job done! Maicon(Not the Internazionale one) scored is first goal of the season!​

Maritímo 1 Porto 1
View attachment 93172

If it wasn't for Necid, this would be our first defeat since the season started, they were far superior, and our defence was bad, we need to improve lads!​

Portuguese Cup 4th Round :

Real Massamá 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93173

This was more like training to us, Real Massamá didnt make a single shot at goal, and it was an opportunity to use less experienced players!​

Stabaek 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93174

Fernando scored his first goal for the club, the first half was theirs, but soon as we scored our first we dominated completely the game, Keep it up lads!​

Porto 4 Rio Ave 1
View attachment 93175

Hulk once again scored two amazing goals, and Falcao got in the scoresheet aswell, A very good display of football !

Month Review - other two great months, we qualified with ease within a tough group, we have to improve some aspects on how to pass a football, we give away possession cheaply, we have to improve in that !​

Nice results. Btw, who was that Netherland player you signed ? :p

Ohh thanx, didn't recognise him. Anyways, who do you play Hulk as ? I'm not sure if Poarcher is right role for him, but in my Everton save he snatched World Golder Boot as it.

Ohh thanx, didn't recognise him. Anyways, who do you play Hulk as ? I'm not sure if Poarcher is right role for him, but in my Everton save he snatched World Golder Boot as it.

Poacher all the way mate :)

December Update :

Vitória de Guimarães 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93180

Tough game against a hard working team as Vitória, Falcao played very well today, but MOM was Hulk with two assists and some delightful plays :)

Porto 1 Arsenal 2
View attachment 93181

I was very disappointed with the lads today, we dominated the match, but the last 15 minutes were a complete meltdown by our defence, especially Rolando, who will now warm the bench for other players :mad:

Porto 3 Vitória de Setúbal 0
View attachment 93182

The team recovered well from their first defeat of the season, Fernando Belluschi played very well alonside Raúl Meireles !​

Eternal Rivals meet in the next Fixture :

fcp.jpg

Benfica.gif

Pre Conference at Estadio Do Dragão with FC Porto Manager Nuno Peixinho​

Jornal a Bola - What are your expectations towards this game Mr Peixinho?
Nuno Peixinho - As you all know if we win at Estadio Da Luz we will Rise to the top, and that is our main goal,to win and dedicate the win to our beloved supporters!
Jornal a Bola - what will be your approach against Benfica?
Nuno Peixinho - Benfica as a solid defence, with the likes of David Luiz and Luisão, upfront Cardozo and Saviola are very dangerous, and we ca´n't give them space, otherwise we are in all sorts of trouble, I'm preparing a surprise for all of you, when the game comes, rest assure, it will one for the ages !
Jornal a Bola - do you consider yourself to be favourites?
Nuno Peixinho - We are the reigning champions, and we have to be respected as such, but when it comes to these games, there are always certain aspects that are important, such as the crowd, the weather, etc, nontheless, 50/50 chances for both!
Jornal a Bola - Best of Luck to the game ahead Mr Peixinho!
Nuno Peixinho - Thank you very much​

27th Minute - There goes Antonini through the right wing, he crosses looking for Falcao, Luisão jumps and clears away the danger, but Fernando recovers, Javi Garcia makes a beautiful sliding tackle, but wait, here comes Raúl Meireles, he shoots, and Quim with a clumsy save, Falcao escapes David Luiz, He shoots, He scores, GOAL GOAL GOAL, FALCAO SCORES THE FIRST!​

45th Minute - There goes Hulk, he skins Maxi Pereira, goes to the middle, skins javi garcia and Luisão, he's at the area, David Luiz stretches his leg and it's a fault, PENALTY says the referee, David Luiz deemed it wasn't a fault but Elmano Santos isn't buying ..
Fernando Belluschi to take the penalty, you can listen the Benfica suporters Booing Belluschi, He goes for glory, Belluschi Scores, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, 2-0 for FC Porto, the crowd goes wild! Benfica are sinking without a trace!​

64th minute - Falcao comes deep to get the ball, but David Luiz cuts, he passes to Angel Di Maria, Nuno Gomes runs free, Di Maria makes a fantastic pass, Nuno Gomes on his own, shoots, scores, GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLL, Benfica! this goal puts them back into the match!​

78th minute - Benfica with the ball, Maxi Pereira tries to go through the Porto defence, Jorgensen clears the ball beyond the midfield, Falcao runs like **** to get to it, Quim comes to colect it, but he fails to retain it, Falcao alone, is it gonna be? YES IT IS, 3-1 TO FC PORTO, THIS PUTS THE GAME BEYOND DOUBT!​

Benfica 1 Porto 3
View attachment 93183

Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic win by the lads, we rise to the top of Liga Sagres!
Sorry PCastro, this had to be done mate :)

Post Match Press Conference
RTP1 - Mr Peixinho, Live at RTP, what are your thoughts about the game?
Nuno Peixinho - I must say I am very proud with the team, we played some fantastic football today, we kept possession, had lots of shots at goal, and we capitalize when the moment came, throught, a great, fantastic performance!
RTP1 - Will this result put you closer to the title?
Nuno Peixinho - Of course, that is our goal, and we will make it !
RTP1 - Congratulations Mr Peixinho!​

Champions League 1st knockout Phase

E7AFE_1.jpg

00033+Simbolo+FCP.jpg

Unlucky against Arsenal, must be gutted after those 2 late goals.

Great win over Benfica

Decent result against Benfica ;)

But really good results, keep it up

January Update :

taca-da-liga.png

League Cup Group A :

2373065127_small_2.jpg

Leix%C3%B5es+%C2%ABperfeito%C2%BB.jpg

maritimo.png

Uniao-de-Leiria.png

League Cup 3rd Round Group A

Marítimo 1 Porto 1
View attachment 93229

Still, I'm not able to win against Maritimo, a penalty saved us from defeat!
We have to be better against teams we were able to win by a big goal difference​

Porto 0 Leiria 0
View attachment 93230

Yet again, a draw in a match we should have won easily, Benfica gets near :mad:

Leixões 1 Porto 2
View attachment 93231

I rotated the squad and nearly got punished by it!Our first victory in the League Cup, even though it was in the last minute, it was really ******* me off, because Leixões goalkeeper Diego was having the best game of his life, no doubt about it :O Mehmet Ekici gave us the win at the 91th minute​

Porto 3 Paços de Ferreira 1
View attachment 93232

It was an easy match against a team that had many imprtant first team players injured, so that helped us a lot!​

Portuguese Cup 5th Round

Naval 1º de Maio 0 Porto 4
View attachment 93233

Porto, Porto Porto, all the way, in this game!
MOM was Tomas Necid with 2 goals and some great passes :)

Porto 2 Leiria 0
View attachment 93234

We are through to Semi Finals of the League Cup, thankfuly! Hulk scored a wonderful free kick :)

Nacional da Madeira 1 Porto 1
View attachment 93235

We should have been a lot better today, we were lucky that Benfica lost, but we need to improve, **** Rolando :mad:

Tranfer Update - January window :

Tranfers Out

mariano.jpg

Mariano Gonzaléz moved to Deportivo de la Coruña for a fee of 1M​

31931_news.jpg

Cristian Rodriguez went to Real Madrid (for some reason) for a fee of 6M
He made 3 or 4 games, so, it was a very good deal :)

16147_ori_varela.jpg

Silvestre Varela went to Marselha on loan, he didnt even play (6)​

Tranfers in

530143.jpg

Yaya Sanogo for a fee of 3 M
When I have the money I always try to secure young or very young wonderkids/regens​

View attachment 93236
Wendel from Atletico Mineiro for a fee of 2.5M, this picture is from season 2, He is like that, hope he continues to improve :)

View attachment 93237
A young centre Back I bought from Rio Ave for 800k :)

February Update :

Portuguese Cup 6th Round

Académica 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93240

Hulk once again was fantastic, scoring an amazing free kick from yards, and Raul Meireles, tried to mimick him, but he FAILED <)
Nontheless, he still scored a 25 yard goal :)

Porto 2 Naval 0
View attachment 93241

Hulk scored again, but MOM was Mehmet Ekici aka Last minute Man, he scored a goal and made an assist, I'm thinking I am going to buy him, next season, or try at least :)

League Cup Semi Final

Sporting 0 Porto 0 (7-6 on penaltys)
View attachment 93242

Sadness is the main feeling, we had a chance to win the penalty shootout but Bruno Alves missed, and then the players morale went to sewer, unfortunately :'(​

Leixões 0 Porto 0
View attachment 93243

Morale from the previous match faded away to this one, we were terrible, terrible, disappointed with the lads!​

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg​

Pre Match conference at Allianz Arena with FC Porto manager, Nuno Peixinho​

Sky Sports - Mr Peixinho, what do you think of the great challenge that comes upon you, since one of your goals is to achieve CL greatness?
Nuno Peixinho - Well, I must say that Bayern Munchen has a fantastic team, mainly the attack, with the likes of Ribery and Robben in the wings, and then Olic and Gomez upfront, I admit the task ahead is tough!
Sky Sports - what will be your aproach towards this game?
Nuno Peixinho - I will attack from the first minute trying to break Bayern's defence in two :)
Sky Sports - I wish the best of luck for the next fixture Mr Peixinho!
Nuno Peixinho - Thank you very much​

Bayern Munchen 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93244

We dominated through and through, The whole team was fantastic, ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED WITH THE LADS!​

Porto 1 Braga 0
View attachment 93245

Tomas Necid gave us the win today, with a fantastic header :)

Sporting 0 Porto 1
View attachment 93264

We got our revenge today even though we didnt score, nontheless we were superior :)

Last edited:
Great results and month mate, do the impossible and make Porto champion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.