Glory through the Mist - A Futebol Clube Porto story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you continuing club's tradition of corruption?

best of luck

Lol, it was a joke, but 'golden whistle', don't get me started :p

C'mon guys, we all know what happened, there's no need... We have enough clubistic arguments here in Portugal, let's not bring that out...

"Make us dream" ahah, come on , i am sure you can wins champions league! :p (i did it once with porto in 1st season , but i was SOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY!)

FALCAOOOOOO!

March Update :

Porto 5 Olhanense 1
View attachment 93375

Today, we demolished Olhanense, you may not believe, but the 5 goals were all plus 20 yards, which is a thing that I enjoy :)

Porto 3 Bayern Munchen 1
View attachment 93376

We came from behind to secure a FANTASTIC VICTORY over a superior side, the team was tremendous :D

Académica 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93377

Another good win, but it wasn't easy, they tried to beat through counter attack, but we managed to secure the win :) UNDEFEATED untill now XD

Champions League Quarter Finals :

Fc-Barcelona-wallpaper-22-256x256.jpg

fcp.jpg

Portuguese Cup Semi Final first leg :

Belenenses 1 Porto 2
View attachment 93378

Hulk was once again MOM, with a goal and an assist, he is beyond doubt my better player :)

Belenenses 0 Porto 1
View attachment 93379

I have to admit, they were superior, the team was tired, and I didnt want to loose the game, with that said I tried to make only small changes in the starting eleven, we still won :)

Pre match conference towards Fc Porto - Barcelona at Estádio do Dragão​

Jornal Record - Good afternoon Mr Peixinho, what do you think about facing current CL olders Barcelona?
Nuno Peixinho - The draft couldn't be better, this a test to us, because I'm pretty positive that if we can beat Barcelona, we will certainly win Champions League Trophy once again :)
Jornal Record - Wow do you intend to approach this game?
Nuno Peixinho - Sorry, but I will not answer that question, this is a very important match , and I dont want to disturb the minds of the players with tactics and that kind of stuff, If you dont have anything else to say, this press conference is over, Thank you and good afternoon!​

This one was quick because I simply hate Jornal O Record, ****** newspaper !​

Porto 2 Barcelona 2
View attachment 93380

Once again, with th advantage, they managed to net 2 goals in the last minutes, even though that penalty was a disgrace! Nontheless, I am proud with the team, we showed today that we are one of the best teams in Europe, no doubt about it !

April Update :

Porto 1 Maritimo 0
View attachment 93434

Finally we beat them, Falcao scored the only goal of the game, justice has been served :)

Champions League Quarter Finals 2nd Leg :

Barcelona 0 Porto 1
View attachment 93435

Lady Luck today was by our side, we fought like Champions, we gave it all, and Belluschi led us to Champions League Semi Finals, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC RESULT (H)​

Rio Ave 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93436

The Deadly duet strikes again, Falcao and Hulk, one of the best partnerships I've had so far :)

Portuguese Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg :

Porto 4 Belenenses 0
View attachment 93437

Hulk showing all his potential today, scoring twice and making an assist :) Also Alvaro Pereira scored a beautiful free kick from the edge of the area :) WE ARE IN THE FINAL!​

Champions League Semi Final :

44973-large.jpg

fcp.jpg

Porto 1 Vitória de Guimarães 0
View attachment 93438

Tomas Necid scored the only goal of the game, it was a poor match, few chances at goal, but a win is a win, no matter what!

Pre Match conference at Estadio do Dragão, towards the clash FC Porto vs Chelsea FC​

Jornal A Bola, Jornal O Jogo, Sky Sports and CNN will be at the press conference, and here comes FC Porto manager Mr Nuno Peixinho​

Sky Sports - With the elimination of Barcelona, do you consider yourself favourite to win Champions League?
Nuno Peixinho - That is a tough one, I might say! But, Yes, we eliminated the reigning champions, the team who last year won all trophies, so, our confidence is sky high, and We believe that we can achieve CL final and win it :)
CNN - How is the mood within the squad Mr Peixinho?
Nuno Peixinho - As I said to your colegue, Confidence is sky high, it couldn't be better, To secure a win like that at Camp Nou was great, but now we are focused in getting a good result here in Oporto, and then we shall see!
Jornal o Jogo - can you give us any details towards the game against Chelsea?
Nuno Peixinho - Well, Chelsea are one of the strongest teams I know, Beyond doubt, they have a great manager, and then the Two hearts of the team, John Terry and Frank Lampard, if we are able to stop Frank and Didier aswell, We can obtain a good result!
Jornal a Bola - Just a few days ago, rumors said that you were linked to Juventus Fc, what are your thoughts on the matter?
Nuno Peixinho - I can assure everyone, players, staff and supporters, that I will stay here as long as there is something to win, something to achieve, but I still have 2 more years of contract and my mind is with Porto, all the way! Thank you very much, good fay to all of you !​

Champions League Semi Finals 1st Leg :

Porto 1 Chelsea FC 0
View attachment 93439

We were the strongest team today, Frank Lampard was very dangerous with his long range efforts but he didnt capitalize, a very good result :)

Vitória de Setúbal 1 Porto 1
View attachment 93440

We should have been a lot better today, Valeri missed a penalty, played like ****, as far as Im concerned he will return to Lanús, what a ****** player :mad:

Champions League 2 Semi Final 2nd leg :

Chelsea FC 2 Porto 1
View attachment 93441

FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL, WE ARE IN THE FINAL! FERNANDO BELLUSCHI SCORED THE GOAL THAT GAVE PORTO FANS JOY,PRIDE AND TEARS ! FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC, ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED WITH THE LADS!​

May Update :

Porto 2 Benfica 0
View attachment 93583

It took a while but we got the win, a deserved win, evn though it was an even game, no doubt about it :)

campeoes.jpg

FC PORTO wins Liga Sagres once again, making this a 5 consecutive time !

Porto+festejos+do+tri.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwnAq-nUbI"]YouTube- Super Dragões - Novo Cantico[/ame]​

Flash interview with Mr Peixinho​

Rui Santos - Mr Peixinho, Mr Peixinho, congratulations, you have secured the title, thoughts?
Nuno Peixinho - it's an amazing feeling, we have accomplished our first challenge, Portuguese Cup Final & Champions League is coming !​

(Bruno Alves, Raul Meireles, Falcao, Hulk & Nuno came to flash interview and they dumped a bucket of water in Peixinho)​

Nuno Peixinho - c'mon lads XD NOW ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE Rui, Good night !​

Last Game of Liga Sagres :​

Leiria 1 Porto 5
View attachment 93584

A fantastic performance by the lads to finish the championship, absolutely delighted !

Liga Sagres Final Table

Portuguese Cup Final

Sporting 0 Porto 1
View attachment 93585

it was a very tough game, We scored early in the game, and then controlled the game, THIRD TROPHY OF THE YEAR :)

Champions League Final

arsenal_logo_203x152.jpg

00033%2520Simbolo%2520FCP.jpg

20th Minute - Mathias Jorgensen advances with the ball, plays it to Antonini down the right flank, he crosses, Gallas clears away the danger, here comes Raul Meireles, he strikes from way out, Almunia stretches, but he can't reach, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL, it's Raul Meireles, fantastic strike from Meireles!
51th minute - Free kick at the edge of the area for FC Porto, Raul Meireles to take the kick, he crosses, Mathias Joegensen beats Almunia, and it's 2-0, GOAL GOAL GOAL, MATHIAS JORGENSEN!
67th Minute - Corner for FC Porto, Raul Meireles crosses, Vermaelen clears the danger, Clichy with the ball, there are only two defenders of FC Porto, Bendtner goes free, skins Bruno Alves, Nicklas Bendtner goes for glory, GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLL, 1-2 for Arsenal, this goal puts them back into the game !
71th minute - Free kick to Arsenal at the edge of the area, Nasri takes the kick, it hits the bar, and it's in, Arsenal have pulled back, Pure inspiration from Samir Nasri​

...​

Porto 2 Arsenal 2 (3-1 on penaltys)
View attachment 93575

I almost cried when I won, I'm still a bit dizy, don't know what to say , its ****** mindblowing :O​

FUTEBOL CLUBE DO PORTO DOES THE TREBLE, FANTASTIC ACHIVEMENT by the team of Nuno Peixinho, showing a great soul, great spirit, guts, pride and HEART !

I'll try mate, as i'm not really a stories fan, however, as a fellow portuguese, I will :)

Review of the Season :

Best Eleven

Goalkeeper of the Year

helton_porto_05042008.jpg

Helton, who made some fantastic saves throughout the season​

Defender of the Year

Bruno+Alves.jpg

Bruno Alves, The Emperor, the Rock of the defence, alongside Mathias Jorgensen​

Full Back of the Year

%C3%81lvaro+Pereira.JPG

Alvaro Pereira was very solid, both attacking and defending​

Midfielder of the Year

Raul_Meireles%5B1%5D.jpg

Raúl Meireles, his creativity, passing, was a joy to behold :)

Striker of the Year, Top Goalscorer and Top Assistant

Hulk+FC+Porto.jpg

Guess the title says it all lads :D

what do you think I should put next lads?​

Last edited:
Season 2010/2011

I have great expectations towards this new season, I was able to win Champions League, a Great achievement for a team that was only supposed to reach the First Round Knockout, I was Given 20/25 M to spend, but first i want to keep the key players such as Raul Meireles, Bruno Alves and Hulk !
Hopefuly this will be a season of great success for me, The team and the Fans!​

Pre Season Update :

Charleroi 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93803

Porto 2 Juventus 0
View attachment 93804

Porto 0 Racing 1
View attachment 93805

Porto 0 Sampdoria 1
View attachment 93806

Badelsberg 0 Porto 2
View attachment 93807

Lemona 0 Porto 3
View attachment 93808

Badalona 0 Porto 6
View attachment 93809

Real Oviedo 0 Porto 5
View attachment 93810

Well , I think we had a good Pre Season, those two defeats were somehow meaningless, the players were starting to know each other, but after that the machine began to run smoothly :)

Dont think that the layout will be like this, this was only for the Pre Season, and I think I dont need to explain too much, because they are just friendlies!
Tranfer Update, coming soon, hope you continue to follow, Cheers !​

I hope you keep this going :) you have a follower in me and im here for advice also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.