Goal Machine...

• Thread starter Thread starter Ma-Li
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 18K
Just about to start 2nd season, will post a few more screenies as I go, wonder if he'll hit 100 this season??? :P

ma-li could i ask have you got c ronlado to 'world class striker' yet? because if not you still aint got thet best out of him..

so it is possible to train a player into a "natural" role after a couple of months/seasons etc???

cause i have this player named Byall Sall who has some of the most incredible stats i have seen and is a natural DM and accomplished at CB and CM and want him to become natural CB as i dont play DM role!

i always thought that it would work!

pls i know its the wrong thread but i cannot find anywhere how to take a screen shot! pls help me! would love to post some of the players i have found and have!

cheers

What preffered moves do you have him doing?

Great job by the way, ive restarted to try to recreate this :)

When i was Man Utd in my 2nd season i managed to get Aguero for £37m (release clause) he only scored 15 goals but in his 2nd season he scored 58 goals...Aguero is THE ultimate goal machine.

so it is possible to train a player into a "natural" role after a couple of months/seasons etc???

cause i have this player named Byall Sall who has some of the most incredible stats i have seen and is a natural DM and accomplished at CB and CM and want him to become natural CB as i dont play DM role!

i always thought that it would work!

pls i know its the wrong thread but i cannot find anywhere how to take a screen shot! pls help me! would love to post some of the players i have found and have!

cheers

This is the first time I've ever seen a player become "Natural" thru training, so couldn't really give an exact answer, but as long as the player has the necessary stats, and you constantly play him the the "new" position, it shouldn't take more than a season I would have thought - I only noted Ronnie had become a natural striker when I posted the screenies in this thread...

As for how to take screenshots, here's a link:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f68/take-a-screenshot-of-fm-2009-t10216.html

What preffered moves do you have him doing?

Great job by the way, ive restarted to try to recreate this :)

See the screenies above, will tell you there...

When i was Man Utd in my 2nd season i managed to get Aguero for £37m (release clause) he only scored 15 goals but in his 2nd season he scored 58 goals...Aguero is THE ultimate goal machine.

How does 58 beat 70 ??? haha

how dou post pics like u have at the start of the thread sry new to this lol

its begun!

i have started a new game as my beloved united, i normally stay away from big teams as the fun can be lost, but this gave me inspiration for a few things..

i have followed ure guide with ronaldo with a few personal touches..

2 in 2..

i hope its the start of something special!

hahhahah, true :D 58 - 70??? i wonder who i would rather have??

thanks man!

Don't forget in the 1st season he's injured for the first 2 months, so if I can keep him fit, maybe I'll be the 1st manager to ever get a player to score 100 goals in a season!

good luck with that, i doubt you can have one player score 100 goals in a season though lol, he would have to average like 2/3 a game

Seriously, what's the challenge in starting as the World's Best Team and 40mil to spend ?

Seriously, what's the challenge in starting as the World's Best Team and 40mil to spend ?

Chill out boy... It's a game mate, a little bit of fun!

However it's nice to see you recognise Utd as the greatest team on the planet, so I'll go easy on ya! :P

spot on ma-li, you're a genius. i signed ronaldo for madrid at start of 2nd season after reading ur thread (89 million), immediately trained his new position as striker and played him upfront on the left. he was rubbish at first and didnt score in 10 games, after that he couldnt stop scoring tho. i'm at end of january now and he's the top scorer in la liga and has highest average rating in my team.
he only shows as 'accomplished' as a forward so far tho, hasn't changed to natural yet. i'm signing rooney now to go alongside him, you reckon that'll be a good partnership?

spot on ma-li, you're a genius. i signed ronaldo for madrid at start of 2nd season after reading ur thread (89 million), immediately trained his new position as striker and played him upfront on the left. he was rubbish at first and didnt score in 10 games, after that he couldnt stop scoring tho. i'm at end of january now and he's the top scorer in la liga and has highest average rating in my team.
he only shows as 'accomplished' as a forward so far tho, hasn't changed to natural yet. i'm signing rooney now to go alongside him, you reckon that'll be a good partnership?

Cheers buddy... glad your enjoying his new found talents!

As for Rooney, he's good, but he's not a goal scorer, I've never really managed more than 20-25 goals per season from him, so I sacrificed his goal scoring talents to drop deeper and become more of a playmaker than a striker - there's better out there, just depends how you play... if you like to play with lots of balls being crossed into the box then there is no-one better than Huntelaar, if you like to play with balls over the top / thru balls, then Aguero will work better, Torres is the closest player you'll get to Ronaldo as an all round striker! If you prefer to play more attacking then you'll need someone similar to Vucinic or Villa...

lol, i sold huntelaar halfway through first season. torres won't come to me because i'm madrid. i signed aguero for arsenal in a previous game and it set me back alot, he was terrible, got one goal in 40 league appearances!
i narrowed my choices down to tevez, rooney, ibrahimovic and villa, decided to get rooney as i figured he'd link up with ronaldo well, plus i had tevez previously so wanted to try something different.
hopefully rooney can setup lots of goals for ronaldo as he's strong, aggresive and has high work rate. if he doesn't i'm sure i'll be able to shift him for 60 mill or so after a couple of seasons.

Back