GOODBYE DIRECT 3430 FM17.3.2 Knap

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 232
  • Views 115K
Do you have player filters and which individual trainings? Thank you.

is AMCL should be right foot and AMCR should be left foot?

and what's prefer move you recommend?

AMCL Left foot if possible and AMCR right. Changing these during can add variety.

@Knap

I may have a tactical challenge for you, considering you're arguably the best tactician in the game. I'm having a blast with your Goodbye 3430 v2 Counter tactic and I'm dominating most teams and formations but I'm by far struggling the most against 4-1-2-3 DM Wide that United and Spurs use, do you think it would be possible for you to create a tactic to specifically counter that AI formation?

They don't pose too much of an attacking threat but much like in real life they are very difficult to create chances against, let alone score. I've tried most of your tactics including tactics from other creators and no tactic can consistently create a decent number of chances against them. I've had a little bit of success by maxing out the width against them which makes it much easier to play and create against them but that also leaves me exposed at the back and I concede some chances as well which is far from ideal.

A lot of people have problems against Spurs and Utd.

If you can save your game before those matches, home and away if possible, I will see if I can find an effective tactic.

Awesome, thanks!

I uploaded 4 saves of United and Spurs both home and away here : https://files.fm/u/hctwsbf6

I've gone through the holiday mode in the first season to get to those games so the morale etc is average, hope that's okay.

Checking my Lpool test with GOODBYE 3430 results were
MU Home 5-2
MU Away 2-1
TH Home 4-2
TH Away 1-1
Lost both Arsenal games

I have a test with BLUE MATTER 451
MU Home 3-0
MU Away 3-1
TH Home 2-1
TH Away 4-2
The 451 may have an edge against these teams

That is good news although a tiny sample of one game each, but if it really has an edge I hope you can release that Blue Matter 451 soon. It would no doubt help not just me but all of us who struggle against those teams, ideally a specifically tweaked 343 to destroy United's rigid style of play if at all possible, but I would take any formation that can consistently create a good number of CCCs against them.

I already tried the other Blue Matter formations among others (100+ matches vs United in total) and against United they perform worse than Goodbye 343 Counter with AM/AP/SS which is probably the best tactic against top teams that I ever used in 13 years of playing FM. With pacey forwards it absolutely destroys attacking teams like City/Arsenal/Barca/Real/Bayern on the counter and is rock solid defensively, but like I said it has trouble breaking down an extremely narrow and defensive team like United whose fullbacks never go forward. I use it for all away games and at home against top sides, I usually concede only about 7 away goals in the league that way. Unfortunately that counter tactic doesn't create enough against smaller defensive teams at home so for those matches I use Demolisher (it performs better than WOF in my tests) which gives me more than 3 goals per game but is surprisingly solid and for me usually concedes only 1-2 home goals in the league all season.

But I definitely need a 3rd tactic to put in the 3rd slot to use against United and to a lesser extent Spurs, because they can easily ruin my whole season if I end up playing against them in cup finals on a neutral venue, which I often do.

Knap; Whats the best Home and Away and Contain tactics for top teams to use?

If you don't mind me asking, which of the goodbye 3430 variations is the one you are using? COuld you maybe post a link please?

This one => http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s-tweak-goodbye-3430-am-ap-ss-solid-back.html

My results match the screenshots there, it's a travesty that it doesn't have a thread of its own because it plays a lot more attractive football than the standard Goodbye 343.

At home I used Demolisher Strikerless v14/v16 as they are identical and the best versions, didn't try v17. That combination over several seasons gave me an 88% win percentage with 3.2 goals per match and 0.42 goals against per match, with a CCC every 30 mins and concedes a CCC every 200 mins. WOF gives away too many CCCs for my liking so had to drop it.

There may be a problem 1st season as MU will still be more attacking, making it easier to get results. I am thinking along the lines of perhaps trying an overload. I will try a few ideas tonight. Did you try the Barcelona tactic or the other high scoring tactics?

SUS contain tactics are just
Contain mentality
take fewer risks
take a breather
If a back 4 - change to defensive FBs