GOODBYE DIRECT 3430 FM17.3.2 Knap

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 232
  • Views 115K
Unfortunately 3430 formation is the best.

However, if you do not like strikerless then at least there are options, with WOF, Original and Direct.

I dont care if its strikerless or not tbh as long as it performs :)

hi Knap, could you post the 2 shadow strikers, 1 DLP striker tactic? great tactics btw!

2 shadow strikers + 1 Deep Lying Forward tactic i mean, i dunno if just moving one of the shadow strikers up front changes any of the settings of your tactic? i am new at fairly new to FM haha

3421 Formation. All my tactics are on SI forum including GOODBYE 3421 and WOF 3421 JOURNEYMAN 3421

Knap, some black magic stuff here.

Finished second season with Hartlepool in League 1 (after promotion from League 2). Again, free transfers and loan transfers only, 5 or 6 of the starting 11 is still from the original squad. Basically just got better WBs (meaning a bit faster).

Incredible season. Let's see the results here.

Edit: Home is always GOODBYE 3430 and for Away games it was always GOODBYE DIRECT 3430.

League champions. ONLY 3 LOSSES (the first game I forgot to change the tactic, the other two; my defenders gave a silly penalty away).

pkOT8ZT.png

k5EfhR7.png

HxpLzLx.png

AND THE CUP RUNS.

Beating Burnley, Stoke and Westbrom (who were all in the Premier League). Reached semi-final and lost to Southampton in a close match. In all of these matches, the opposition were the heavy favourites and featured several first team members.

1YL8ZfV.png

League cup all the way to 4th round. Lost again to a stupid penalty give away.

J9KVbMr.png

Checktrade, not too impressive but not too important either.

81WzF6V.png

Third season update with Hartlepool. Having being promoted to the Championship, the board gave me 700k to spend, most of which went to a CB and a few other free transfers. The season started in a disaster and was near the drop off point for a few game weeks.

I actually thought the (Home: GOODBYE 3430 and Away:GOODBYE DIRECT 3430) set up was finally done and it has catch up to us as we were the poorest and weakest team in the league by a far margin. HOWEVER, this turned around after the mid-point of the season (team actually gelling????) and finished 3rd, but lost the play-off, partly coz all available WBs except for 1 were unavailable (very key to the tactic).

Have a look. Full table.
ze7Iyt8.png

The dreadful first half of the season.
0tWT6Ii.png

The amazing recovery (second half)
vcEfZRi.png

Our wage budget to other teams in the league.
g1wRSIz.png

Lets see if we can get to the EPL in the second try. I think hands down the best underdog combo is these sets of tactics. As always, good job Knap.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]PRE-SEASON[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]match preparation = MATCH TACTICS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]before the 1st game of the season [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]general training -BALANCE AVERAGE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](no rest before -REST after match)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]after that the training should be like this[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]general training BALANCE AVERAGE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](no rest before- REST after match)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)[/FONT]