Greetings From Thimphu - The Joys of Managing Bhutan

sirvalkyerie

Reaction score
Bhutan, The Land Of The Thunder Dragon, sandwhiched between China and India, is a country relatively new to the sport of Football. Football is a fast growing game in the nation, and soon becoming one of the most popular. The nations only real stadium is in its capital, Thimphu. Changlimithang Stadium is host to Archery, Football, and various other sports.
Bhutan is ranked by FIFA as the 192 nation. They have never attempted to qualify for a World Cup. They pulled out of the 2010 cup sighting renovations to Changlimithang as the reason they couldn't host their match against Kuwait. However during the 2002 World Cup on the same day as the World Cup Final, Bhutan (who at the time was ranked the 2nd worst team in the world) hosted Montserrat (who was ranked the worst team in the world) in what was dubbed The Other Final. Bhutan went on to win 4-0. In the 2008 South Asian Football Federation Cup they lost in the Semi-Final to India 2-1 in extra time. Bhutan's improving facilities and acadamies mean that the future is bright for the naion in the Himalayas.
FIRST INTERNATIONAL MATCH:
Nepal 3-1 Bhutan (in Kathmandu, Nepal on April 1st, 1982)

BIGGEST WIN:
Bhutan 6-0 Guam (in Thimphu, Bhutan on April 23, 2003)

BIGGEST LOSS:
Kuwait 20-0 Bhutan (in Kuwait City, Kuwait on February 14th, 2000)

RIVAL(S):
Nepal

START OF THE GAME - JANUARY 2009

FIXTURES FOR THE YEAR:
February 11th - Afghanistan @ Home
June 6th - @ Aruba
June 10th - @ Azerbaijan
September 5th - Macau (China PR) @ Home
September 9th - British Virgin Islands @ Home
October 10th - Nepal @ Home

(Check the Football Manager Stories section for a more indepth view.)

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Thankfully I was blessed with a fully healthy squad to choose from for my game against Afghanistan.
GK - Jigme Singye
DR - Puspalal Sharma
DL - Ugyen Dorji - Captain
DC - Sonam Togbye
DC - Bhim Kumar - Vice-Captain
DMC - Dinesh Chhetri
MR - Sonam Jamtsho
MC - ***-Lay
AML - Passang Tshering
AMC - Kinlay Dorji
ST - Ratu
S1 - Yeshey Letho - GK
S2 - Pema - DR
S3 - Cheni Yangdel - AML
S4 - Ganesh Rai - ST
S5 - Sangay Khandu - DR
S6 - Gyeltshen - ST
S7 - Tshering Penjore - ST
S8 - Lhendup - DL
S9 - Tsheltrim Tharchen - ML

I use an Asymetric formation and with much of my team being below par, we will just have to see how the game against the Afghans goes. Also worth noting is that the majority of my players have never been capped and many do not currently have a team. The ones that do play for clubs in Bhutan. Looks like an uphill battle, I gotta hope that some teams outside Bhutan take a shot at them or I get some top notch regens.

GAME DAY
BHUTAN 0-1 AFGHANISTAN
Mohsen Hosaini 78'
We lacked possession the entire time. Poor passing, a few bad crosses, only 3 shots with only 1 on target. Pitiful game, worthless attempt in a game that I honestly expected the minimum of a draw. I guess I'll equate it to inexperience. Not saying I was heading for a 3-0 win. But I expected better. *sigh* gotta hope better for Aruba

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:34 PM ----------

Once again I caught lightning in a bottle and had a nearly fully healthy squad. No squad changes to mention ahead of the matches against Aruba and Azerbaijan. Injuries to the subs Yeshey Letho and Pema are all that is to speak of.

Since February I seem to have caught a good bit luck as well, despite my pitiful showing and bad loss to Afghanistan I went from 192 to 189. Also Bulgarian side Belite orli in the Western "B" Group signed my starting Goalie Jigme Singye and my Captain Ugyen Dorji both on Free Transfers. The downside is that they both joined mostly halfway through the year. Ugyen saw only action in 3 games. 2 of which were as a sub and posted a dismal 5.99 average match rating. Jigme got the start in 9 games and came on as a sub in 1. In those 10 games he let up 17 goals, recorded a yellow card, and only had 1 clean sheet which all added up to his poor 6.07 average match rating. I can only hope that come September when the Bulgarian season starts up again they both catch fire.

As surprising as those two signings were they weren't the only. ***-Lay agrred to a deal that will send him to Portuguese 2nd Division Side Penalva Castelo in Group C on July 1st. Then striker Ratu got signed by TSW Pegasus in the Hong Kong First Division. He has played in 9 Non Competitive Matches in which he has scored 3 goals with a rating of 8.77 a match. Impressive but in his 3 League matches for the sqaud he only has a rating of 5.07 and 2 yellows. So I have some glimmers of hope for some of these players but those glimmers seem to be fading lights.
Looking ahead to my matches though it is pleasing to see my Starting 11 are all healthy and that means they can continue to gel together and learn how to play with one another. I haven't changed my tactics just yet and we'll see if my expectations for a draw against Aruba and a win against Azerbaijan are met.

GAME DAY
ARUBA 4-1 BHUTAN

Leon Hoek 23',54' ***-Lay 36'
Michael van de Wetering 43'
Patrick Drenth 69'

Ok, so I didn't forsee a win by any means or stretch of the imaginations. However, that doesn't mean I thought I was going to get blasted by 3 goals against a team ranked 3 spots below me. Poor defending from the onset, however the play in goal was **** good. I can't fault Jigme on this one because he had a good game, his defense let him down. My attack looked much better this game, the buildups were good the finishes left much to be desired. Another silver-lining is that possession was near 50/50. Hope we pick up against Azerbaijan.

Having no luck against Aruba I decided time to jump ship and look at a new tactic. Some serious tweaking and a few lineup alterations later and here it is now (still slightly Asymetric):
GK - Jigme Singye
DR - Puspalal Sharma
DL - Ugyen Dorji
DC - Bhim Kumar
DC - Sonam Tobgye
MR - Nawang Dendup
ML - Cheni Yangdel
MC - Sonam Jamtsho
MC - ***-Lay
AMC - Dinesh Chhetri
ST - Ratu

I also made some additions to the backroom staff just before the match against Azerbaijan.
-Yussof Abdul Rashid (Brunei) - U21 Team Manager
-Shuhaimi Abdul Hamid (Malaysia) - Goalkeeping Coach
-Zaini Abdul Sani (Brunei) - Physio
-Alessandro Abbondanza (Italy) - U19 Team Manager

GAME DAY
AZERBAIJAN 4-1 BHUTAN
Sahriyar Karadzic 6' Ratu 87'
Tural Goncharov 33'
Ibrahim Varga 54'
Xaliq Tarakanov 90+3'

Once again, superb attack when it was there. Alot of passing not alot of buildup. My new tactic relies alot on through balls and suffers mightily from my midfields inability to make through balls to Ratu and my defences poor excuse for defense. Jigme was again a genius in goal but when they have 8 guys in the box it becomes a rough day to be a Goalie. I'm one midfielder and one defenseman away from being a challenge to these teams. I hope experience and luck provide me with such.

Last edited:
Ah pure bliss. A few months without a match and I was starting to relieve my anger. No more tears on the keyboard, I cleared my mind. Then **** Holiday is over. Well it's the end of August (the 30th if you must know) and I'm staring my matches against Macau and British Virgin Islands in their respective faces. Right now I'm drooling over the prospect of some actual victories. I think I should be able to stop both of them. Let's cross our fingers.

Well ***-Lay is now officialy in Portugal with Penalva Castelo. His first match saw him getting a 6.07 but thats all he's played so far for the club. Jigme Singye has played 3 games so far this season in goal for Belite orli only conceding 3 and holding 1 clean sheet and 1 MoM. Ratu has played 1 reserve match this year for TSW Pegasus and netted 2 goals while assisting another. His rating you ask, a stellar 8.07. Gotta prey that transitions over to Bhutan. Ugyen Dorji with Belite orli has only played in one match with his teammate in goal and has posted a 7.99 rating. DC Bhim Kumar has been attracting interest from many lower level clubs throughout Europe, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and Iceland. The highest being U.D. Fuerteventura in the Spanish Second Division B2. So I have hopes there.

Now at the moment we have dropped again from 189 to 192. But I have faith, first team ball and the prospect of some wins against lowly teams has me foaming.

GAME DAY:
BHUTAN 1-2 MACAU (CHINA PR)
Cheni Yangdel 16' Chek Kim Keung 14'
Lei Va Chu 90+3'

Poor performance. We hung in there though...somehow. We lacked everything. Possession, defense, attack, and well...skill. Still wondering how we lost by 1 only, and a heartbreaker no less. I'm depressed. I'm not feeling too pleased because Macau is 202nd in the world and I'm 192nd. If I don't beat the British Virgin Islands I will not only flip ****, but major lineup reform. We are playing like **** so until I get a win by 2 goals or more we will be known as the turds.

GAME DAY:

TURDS 1-1 BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
Ratu 16' Dean McArdle 28'

So the Turds didn't disappoint. They weren't able to win this one either. Guess a win against the British Virgin Isles was askin' a tad. They're ranked at 170 so meh. Still a poor performance. Lucky draw. Not sure where to go from here. I guess I'm gunna go with something more defensive, but then again I hate to rely on my defense, considering it sucks.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:23 PM ----------

Well I have been tweaking my tactics and squad set up. So here's what it now looks like.

GK - Jigme Singye
DR - Puspalal Sharma
DL - Ugyen Dorji
DC - Bhim Kumar
DC - Sonam Tobgye
DMC - Dinesh Chhetri
MR - Kinlay Dorji
ML - Cheni Yangdel
MC - ***-Lay
ST - Ratu
ST - Ganesh Rai

My tactics are more laid back and alot more defensive. Let us hope it works out ok against arch rivals Nepal. Let's Go TURDS

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

So an injury to Gyeltshen meant my first injury had to force the man outta the squad. I haven't noticed any regens but maybe those will come next season. I hope........I only have like 30 players. So I stayed at 192 and Nepal is 183 + we're arch-rivals. I expect a heated match. No updates to mention on the players. Can the Turds do it? Cross our fingers.

GAME DAY:
TURDS 0-0 NEPAL

Ok. So it wasn't a win, but it certainly wasn't a loss. Our defense had relapses but held up for the most part. Our attack was much the same. Even game in which we enjoyed roughly 61% or so of the possession. Signs of hope and many dismal signs of ****** ****** play. Way to go Turds. Let us hope for some wins next year. And some freakin' regens.

(on a side not 40 year old Sangay Rinzin (replaced Gyeltshen) got his first and probably only cap.)

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Well I have just finished the Nepal match and forgot to put this up. Interestingly Jigme Singye's Value is like $975,000.....why? Beats the **** outta me, his average rating with Belite orli is 6.47 and his stats are comparable to any GK in Coca Cola League 1. I won't complain but I will certainly wonder. Maybe bigger things on the way for the 28 year old?

2010 Fixtures:

March 31st - Myanmar @ Home
June 5th - @ Bangladesh
September 11th - Mongolia @ Home
September 15th - French Guiana @ Home
October 16th - @ Nepal

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:10 PM ----------

Before people flip **** I will honestly say I do not use an editor...period. At all. I swear I'm in the twilight zone. ***-Lay after 211 days in Portugal with Penalva Castelo in the lowly depths of Portuguese football **** has moved on free transfer to Mallorca in the top division of Spain, Liga BBVA. I felt the need for the disclaimer in the beginning to explain this. ***-Lay has the attributes equivalent to that of a backup in the Liga Adelante let alone a starting MC for Mallorca. He's made 8 starts, scored 2 goals, putting up a rating of 6.63. But he's only valued at $14,000. >_< I don't get it at all but I won't complain.

Jigme Singye is looking like he will be leaving Bulgaria to head for the US of A as the Houston Dynamo have submitted a $170,000 offer for him. Ugyen Dorji is attracting offers from Bulgarian big timers Litex. Everyone else is the same. I am wondering how these guys are attracting these clubs. I played as Bhutan on FM07 and we just sucked and some regen in like my 9th year became the new Ronaldinho but everyone else was horrid. The rest of my team is either free or playing for a Bhutan domestic club and most of their stats are below 8. *sigh* still looks like an uphill battle.

Good news here is my starting 11 is once again at full health a few injuries to the subs but they never get in anyway. I also went up 186th in the rankings. I guess a draw against Nepal will do that. LETS GO TURDS. BEAT MYANMAR.

Ganesh Rai got hurt so Dorji Khandu gets the start.

GAME DAY:

TURDS 1-1 MYANMAR
***-Lay 53' Zaw Paul 46'

We played a pretty good game against better opponent so I think I got my tactics right. All smiles here in a game I was expecting to lose heavily.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:24 PM ----------

Hull, Middlesbrough, and Sporting CP are now interested in Jigme Singye. His GK stats aren't very good but his performances are. I'm at a loss. It's like signing a player all on rep.....does FM work like that? And if so why does Jigme put in good performances besides his horrid stats?

So I'm now 182nd ranked. Woot! On a sad note, although I have no injuries, 26 year old Defender Sonam Tobgye is retiring as is 21 year old DMC Dinesh Chhetri. And I lied, DR Puspalal Sharma was hurt so 33 year old Yeshey Samdrup is looking at his first cap. Bangladesh is a tall order so lets hope I can fill it.

GAME DAY:

BANGLADESH 0-1 BHUTAN
Cheni Yangdel 55'

Wow. We outclassed them completely. More possession more chances, good passing. GREAT goalkeeping. Magnificent football and a win away is certainly huge. I'm happy that I picked up my first win, I'm absolutley ecstatic to be honest.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Ok, so my 28 year old vice-captain and best defenseman Bhim Kumar has retired on me. Jigme Singye went to Beimar Jerusalem on a $ Million transfer and is now Transfer Listed and dubbed not needed, so he's ****** because he feels he was brought their under false pretences. On a good note, Ugyen Dorji is now with Slavia (Sofia) and ***-Lay spent less then a year with Mallorca and jumped ship to Torino.
As far as Bhutan goes, we have Mongolia and French Guiana, both of which are matches I expect wins in. We are now ranked 17th, our highest ever. So I'm mildly excited and let's see if we can't get this show on the road huh.

GAME DAY:
BHUTAN 1-1 MONGOLIA
Dorji Khandu 84' Ren Gang 51'
A game that in hindsight we should have won. We just didn't create enough chances, and let Mongolia slip in one on the only shot they took. Nothin' really to say here. Hope for a win against unranked French Guiana.

GAME DAY:

BHUTAN 1-0 FRENCH GUIANA

Dorji Khandu 28'

Pretty good control. We won handily. I expected such though. Won 2 out of our past 3 and haven't lost since Macau. I'm looking forward to the match against Nepal, hopefully I can win this one.

Bizzare World Cup Final. U.S.A. v.s. Paraguay in the World Cup Final. U.S.A. 6-2 Paraguay. U.S.A. Brings home the gold.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

So a little less then a month has gone by and I'm injury free as always. I'm also up to 165th in the world and its sime to record a victory over my nemesis, Nepal. This will be 41 year old Sangay Rinzin's last game since he's retiring in December.

GAME DAY:

NEPAL 3-1 BHUTAN

Dipendra Bose 6', 9' ***-Lay 1'
Surendra Singh 50'

Probably the worst performance that we have ever had. Nepal ruled the game with 78% of the possession. Not sure why we melted down so bad. Passing was horrendous, bad tackles, poor marking, terrible crosses. It wasn't good.

2011 Schedule
February 16th - Burundi @ Home
June 11th - Nepal @ Home
June 15th - Ghana @ Home
September 10th - @ Northern Mariana Islands
September 14th - @ Somalia
October 15th - U.S.A. @ Home

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Ok so I just got a **** load of new regens and I'm excited because they were all from Bhutan, except one. One is 19 and is worth $110K and he was brought up through the academy at AC Bellinoza. So when I post my new roster you will be seeing a bunch of new faces. I'm thrilled.

GK - Jigme Singye
DR - Puspalal Sharma
DL - Ugyen Dorji
DC - Hari Farooq
DC - Sangay Khandu
DMC - ***-Lay
MR - Norbert Roy
ML - Cheni Yangdel
MC - Mohamed Rozario
ST - Jose Khadka
ST - Ratu
S1 - Deepak Singh - GK
S2 - Pema - DR
S3 - Rajib Jan - MC
S4 - Dorji Khandu - ST
S5 - Gwayang Dorji - ST
S6 - Mohammed Pal - AM LC
S7 - Tshering Penjore - ST
S8 - Lhendup - DL
S9 - Abdul Hakkim - AM C

My update on the Burundi will be coming soon. Burundi is goin' down mwahaha, my new youngsters XD

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:09 PM ----------

I'm ranked 166th and Burundi is 123rd so it's a bit of task. Everyone's healthy, but Pema is nagged with something. He's only at 74%. Nothing to report right now so let's hope for a win.

GAME DAY:

BHUTAN - BURUNDI
Jules Pereira 70', 85'

Horrid performace. 2 goals were off of Singye mistakes. He came out once when he should've stayed in and the other he missed a punch. Terrible finishing, terrible passing, and all long shots. Bad game all around. Looks like the regens have let me down, they don't seem much better then the other starters anyway.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

So I'm still 169th and theres nothing to truly speak of right now. If we lose again we're goin back to the Turds.

GAME DAY:

BHUTAN 2-0 NEPAL

Mohamed Rozario 22'
Jose Khadka 59'

YUSS!!! Finally beat my rivals. And handily at that. Not even a contest really, our better compliment of players has shown through in this one and hopefully we can carry this over to the Ghana game in 4 days.

GAME DAY:

BHUTAN 0-2 GHANA

Andre Ayew 29'
Asamoah Gyan 45+2'

Pitiful first half. Absolutely woeful but the 2nd half we were way better. Just a lack of finishing meant no goals. I think I'm pulling Sangay Khandu out of the defense and giving myself an AMC.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's certainly not the easiest and I have some easy games upcoming, so I think 2 nice wins should lift spirits after then inevitable loss to Ghana and soon the Americans

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Update coming soon. The World Cup Qualifiers for 2014 have started. In the first round I have been blessed with Vietnam so I have a real shot at a qualifying run in my country's FIRST EVER ATTEMPT AT WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION. The match is on October 11th', after Northern Mariana Islands and before Somalia. The Last is after the US.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:33 PM ----------

Well Ratu was withdrawan from the squad by those Hong Kong bastards, TSW Pegasus. But Lhendup got hurt so I replaced him with Ratu and it worked :D. I messed up on that last post. I have Northern Mariana Islands and then Somalia. Next I have Vietnam, USA, Vietnam. These should be 2 wins hopefully. *crosses fingers* I edited the lineup so that Sangay Khandu was pulled from defense and Mohamed Pal was put in as the new AMC.

GAME DAY:

NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS 0-5 BHUTAN

***-Lay 10', 57'
Jose Khadka 15', 21'
Mohammed Pal 45'

Pure domination. A great win and an even greater away win. Seems a wonderful idea to push another man up, International Goal #1 for Pal. The kind of match I've been praying would become consistent. Bhutan, the Asian Brazil? Too Soon?

GAME DAY:

SOMALIA 1-2 BHUTAN

Fahad Al-Ka'abi 81' Cheni Yangdel 1', 42'

Scary match, Thought I coulda lost it. But we won it nevertheless so I'm happy. Let us carry this momentum on forth to destroy Vietnam.

Doing a great job, where are you in the rankings now?

Hrmm. **** Guess I didn't put that up there. I'm 170th at the moment and it's October 4th. Not sure if the new ones are out since my past 2 wins though.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

So let's go against Vietnam. Prayin' for the win in the first leg @ home. Ratu has gotten an offer from Columbus.

GAME DAY:

BHUTAN 0-1 VIETNAM

Ludovic Urai

A game in which we ruled the whole thing through and through, but all we did was take grotesque shots from 30 yards out. We were blastin them all over everywhere. Horrid performace. 22 shots, 2 on target. Pitiful. I expect better and am seriously thinking of dropping to one Target Man striker. Now time to get crushed by the Americans. Now I might not even make it past Round 1. DAMMIT

GAME DAY:

BHUTAN 1-3 UNITED STATES of AMERICA

Jose Khadka 90+2' Landon Donovan 10', 31'
Cory Gibbs 90+4'

Better showing than I anticipated. At least we scored. I think with some more experience for the new regens and we should be good as gold. Now we have to beat Vietnam by 2. *sigh*

I'm now ranked 155th, go figure

When you go to start up a new game. When your setting up the database. At the bottom it will say "Load All PLayers From Nation" and then select which nation you want. When your database loads and you go to Nations and it should be there. Not all nations are playable but most are.

You have got some real patience mate, but it must be really rewarding.

5-0 over Northern Mariana Islands....that was like the greatest moment of my life haha

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

So some time has gone but nothing has happened. I'm depressed. Gah, another 4 years? I can't wait that long. We gotta beat Vietnam handily. (***-Lay is with Torino and Jigme Singye is with Portsmouth.)

GAME DAY:

VIETNAM (2)1-3(3) BHUTAN

Quoc Huy Karim 4' Jose Khadka 35'
Ratu 54', 82'

Pure destruction. Dominated. We let up an early goal and the first 15 minutes I thought this was a done deal. The next 75 we destroyed them. Completely. Yes. Victory. In 12 days I play Tajikistan in the first leg at Home. I can see that as another victory but I thought the same about Vietnam.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHT VIETNAM!!!!

^(sorry couldn't resist the Robin Williams plug)

Lol, ***-Lay nice name.

Nice win! Where were Vietnam in the rankings? Was this like the equivalent of someone like Ireland losing to Liechenstein?

Haha. Well Vietnam was like 150th or in that vicinity. But more of this falls on rep. Bhutan's reputation is only 150. Vietnams is like 1000 or so. So it was still kind of an upset. I guess I'll start posting rankings of the other teams. Might help a bit. Thanks for that.

I'm happy someone's readin' this. I love the comments, so as long as people read it, I'll write it.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

*From now on I'm going to put the rankings of the nations in parenthesis before or after the nation name so you know where I'm at and such.

CAN WE DO IT? CAN WE BEAT THE TAJIKS?

GAME DAY:

(133) BHUTAN 5-0 TAJIKISTAN (139)

Cheni Yangdel 10'
Jose Khadka 42', 88'
Mohammed Pal (pen) 45'
***-Lay 85'

Whew. The first leg of the 2nd round was at home and boy did we capitalize. Great performance, wonderful match, perfect performance. It seems like Tajikistan was as easy as I had anticipated. Now we should coast through the next one and on to WC glory :D

GAME DAY:

(139) TAJIKISTAN (0)0-1( 6 ) BHUTAN (133)

Mohamed Pal 11'

A dominant game. The best part is that I told them to take it easy and have fun. They went out put in an early goal, then I turned defensive and closed down all game. Worked like a charm. These wins will do us alotta good for the upcoming qualification.

2012 SCHEDULE:
February 8th - WCQ 3rd Round
February 15th - Lebanon @ Home (friendly)
March 28th - WCQ 3rd Round
June 3rd - WCQ 3rd Round
June 9th - WCQ 3rd Round
June 16th - WCQ 3rd Round
June 24th - WCQ 3rd Round
September 8th - WCQ Final
September 12th - WCQ Final
October 13th - Nepal @ Home (friendly)
October 17th - WCQ Final
November 21st - WCQ Final

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

****. Just got my group for the 3rd Round of WCQ. Top 2 Teams advance.

1. Japan
2. Bhutan
3. Thailand
4. Indonesia

Tough group. Scraping out 2nd place will be rough, although I think we're all pretty even. Well other than Japan. This will be hard for certain.

Last edited:
fair play pal keep at it!! its defintly rewarding when it pays off!!

Thanks man. I gotta scratch out some wins somehow. Think I can make it to the WC?

ya'v gotten this far and have pushed your squad to their limits, i'd say you could grind out some good results against the bigger teams..

Captain Ugyen Dorji left Bulgaria with only 57 days to go before he was eligible for Bulgarian citizenship. During the January transfer window he became a member of soon to be relegated Premiership side Reading. Jose Khadka is leaving Swiss side AC Bellinoza for fellow Switzerland Club, FC Luzern. All looks well for my two upcoming games. My first Group game at home v.s. Japan and then a away friendly v.s. Lebanon.

GAME DAY:

(126) BHUTAN 1-1 JAPAN (???)

Ratu 64' Yoshinori Mihara 42'

A game in which both teams made more then their fair share of mistakes. A deserved draw and a happy manager.

GAME DAY:

(111) LEBANON 2-4 BHUTAN (119)

Hassan Kabbout 45+1', 79' Ratu 26', 48'
Cheni Yangdel 32'
Jose Khadka 54'

Domination. No other words. I'm excited, now lets qualify for the World Cup.

HOW WCQ FOR ASIA WORKS:
1st Round qualifying legs.
2nd Round qualifying legs.
3rd Round Group Stage - Top Two Teams Advance to Final
Final Round is split into Two Groups.
Each Group Winner qualifies, with a thrid place playoff winner also qualifying

3rd Round Group 5:

Bhutan 0-1-0 +0 pts:1
Japan 0-1-0 +0 pts:1
Indonesia 0-1-0 +0 pts:1
Thailand 0-1-0 +0 pts:1

Last edited:
You got to be happy with a draw against Japan. Excellent work!