Greetings From Thimphu - The Joys of Managing Bhutan

Yea we get Regens and they all suck lol. I had to give my Domestic teams all Youth Academies with the skill of 1 so I could get regens. Otherwise my team would evaporate, its happened before.

Thanks mate. I try. Update coming soon folks, sorry for the delay. Life can be a ***** at times

i must say that if u can get to the WC the Buthans are gonna make a statue of yours in the middle of the city
keep going mate!

My Sincerest Apologies to the readers of this thread. My internet went down for the longest time so I never got around to updating this. I'm going to try to update this relatively soon. With FM10 coming out soon I'm itching to play me some futbol !

Game Day:

(65) Bhutan 2-0 Indonesia (87)

***-Lay 8'
Ratu 28'

Poorly played game. We took 10 shots, only 2 on target. So the only shots on target ended in the net. I wish we could get more chances, especially against Asian minnows in Indonesia. We only had 52% of the possession, when we should have had much much more. I've gotta find out how to fix that. But I can't be mad, we won and beggars can't be choosers. In the 3 times I've played Indonesia, I've had two draws and that was my first win.

So with that Asian World Cup Qualifier win heres the table:

Bhutan - 8
Qatar - 7
Australia - 7
Iran - 6
Indonesia - 0

^ every team has played 4 games

My next match is March 30th against Qatar.

keep up the good work mate, good to see the threads up and running again :)

Game Day:

(57) Bhutan 2-0 Qatar (46)

***-Lay 15'
Ratu 29'

Pretty solid game through and through. Great job of cleaning up in the back. Only 4 shots on goal though, but half of them went in. Effective. So no complaints from me on a win, and I keep my first place spot.

Next Game is June 8th against Australia. That one will be very very tough.

Congrats, is an amazing idea for a game. I saw a thread on the SI forums. To take over a small nation, but to edit their youth and training facilities to top notch and also an academy.

I edited all San Marino teams, and also the San Marino club in Serie C. I then took over of San Marino, lost every game in the World Cup qualifiers. But have beaten Hungary and lost to Finland in the Euro qualifiers, but with a group including Russia, Germany, Croatia and Montenegro. Qualification is way out of reach for a squad filled with two season's worth of young regens.

Your's is a great read tho dude keep it up.

Great thread, good the way it been revived lol. Good luck.

Game Day:

(52) Bhutan 3-1 Australia (17)

Ratu 27', 59', 74'
Scott McDonald 50'

Beautiful game. Changlimithan was sold-out, 15,000 strong. Ratu scored two accidental goals. He launched a corner that just swung in, the next he tried to but in a cross and it swung in. The defense was solid and the possession favored me largely. Once again we had 14 shots with only 4 on target. That has to stay down, but hey I beat Australia so I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl.

Game Day:

(59) Iran 2-0 Bhutan (52)

Andranik 64'
Vahid Amraei 82'

I knew it was going to be a tough Away Game but we were completely and utterly outclassed. No attack what-so-ever and a completely outclassed defense. Lucky it wasn't 50-0. God dammit, we better regain form. If I miss the WC now I will be ******.

Game Day:

(86) Indonesia 3-3 Bhutan (52)

Mohamed Pacheco 3'
Ibnu Wiyono 32', 52'
***-Lay 70', 78'
Eddy Solihin 76'
Red Card: Ibnu Wiyono 76'

Not a bad performance by the team just a poor one by the GK. He was a real ****** in this one, he put in a 4.3 rating. He should have only conceeded one not 3. The good news is that I qualified for the World Cup!!!!!!!!! The final table looks like this:

World Cup Asian Qualifying Section Final Group A:
Australia - 16
Bhutan - 15
Iran - 15
Qatar - 7
Indonesia - 4

^ I beat out Iran on Goal Difference. Top 2 make it to the WC the 3rd has to play a playoff.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I am seriously ecstatic!!! I hope I get a weaker group

BHUTAN IN THE WC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Next Game is in September, a Friendly v.s. Brazil away. Then I have my yearly rivalry match against Nepla. This year it's in Kathmandu

Last edited:
Great work on getting Bhutan in the world cup!!! try not to go out in the first round ;)

Lol great story. Good luck in the World Cup!

Good Luck in the WC mate :)
this thread inspired me to do my Notts County thread, so cheers for that |)

Game Day:

(10) Brazil 3-3 Bhutan (48)

Robinho 7'
Ratu 35', 79'
Kaka 45+1'
Anderson 49'
***-Lay 90+1'

Wonderful game. Terrible defence, marvelous offense. ***-Lay's late minute equalizer nearly made me cry. Thing of beauty. Outclassed in talent but easily the best in tactics. Suck on that one Dunga. Bet he gets canned now. Now I have Nepal away. Should be a win....I hope.

(***-Lay's 40th Cap and Ratu's 25th Goal.)

Game Day:

(190) Nepal 2-0 Bhutan (48)

Navin Chadhauri 6'
Manoj Gurung 67'

Wow!!!!!! I'm ******. Nobody talk to me. We lost to Nepal!!!! Our Arch Rivals, by 2 goals. I'm ******. Time for a selection change. New squad, new tactic, maybe even a new assistant. I'm ticked.